GeminiBusiness is on a distinguished road. (+10)

Smile Best Hand Strengtheners

Hello, does anyone have any recommendations for a great gripper or other related equipment? I'm looking for the perfect hand/finger/grip/wrist/forearm workouts. Any thoughts on Robert Baraban, Vatiz or IronMind's Captains of Crush? I do have the Captains of Crush trainer but it's time to move on. Great quality but the idea of buying a dozen of them inspires me to look into adjustable grippers. 

Thanks,

G  

PS And is there anyone who has experience with the Sidewinder Revolution or Grip Twister? They focus on different muscles than the average gripper and offer more positions and ROM than rollers, or so I imagine. 
    PPS Bison 1M anyone? lol

radrd has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) radrd has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) radrd has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) radrd has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) radrd has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) radrd has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) radrd has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) radrd has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) radrd has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) radrd has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) radrd has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000)
    I like Captains of Crush. After I got them, I've never had the urge to try anything else.

Hanging from a pull up bar and farmers carries work pretty well too and are more productive for general strength and fitness.

BalticCandles will become famous soon enough. (+50) BalticCandles will become famous soon enough. (+50) BalticCandles will become famous soon enough. (+50) BalticCandles will become famous soon enough. (+50) BalticCandles will become famous soon enough. (+50) BalticCandles will become famous soon enough. (+50) BalticCandles will become famous soon enough. (+50) BalticCandles will become famous soon enough. (+50) BalticCandles will become famous soon enough. (+50) BalticCandles will become famous soon enough. (+50) BalticCandles will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    I’ve had the SideWinder Pro Xtreme for a couple years now and absolutely love it.
    If you have the budget (it’s a bit pricey) you definitely wouldn’t be disappointed with it. It’s beautifully built and very durable... we’ve cranked and uncranked it probably thousands of times and it still feels the same as when it was new.
    Can get a tremendous forearm workout with it.

I have the Grip Twister as well but honestly rarely use it. It’s very solid, a nice piece of equipment but for whatever reason I never really got in the habit of using it. Makes an amazing paperweight though ;-)

Originally Posted by GeminiBusiness View Post
    Hello, does anyone have any recommendations for a great gripper or other related equipment? I'm looking for the perfect hand/finger/grip/wrist/forearm workouts. Any thoughts on Robert Baraban, Vatiz or IronMind's Captains of Crush? I do have the Captains of Crush trainer but it's time to move on. Great quality but the idea of buying a dozen of them inspires me to look into adjustable grippers. 

Thanks,

G  

PS And is there anyone who has experience with the Sidewinder Revolution or Grip Twister? They focus on different muscles than the average gripper and offer more positions and ROM than rollers, or so I imagine. 
    PPS Bison 1M anyone? lol

gym62richard has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) gym62richard has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) gym62richard has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) gym62richard has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) gym62richard has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) gym62richard has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) gym62richard has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) gym62richard has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) gym62richard has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) gym62richard has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) gym62richard has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    Originally Posted by radrd View Post
    I like Captains of Crush. After I got them, I've never had the urge to try anything else.

Hanging from a pull up bar and farmers carries work pretty well too and are more productive for general strength and fitness.
    I agree, if going down the hand gripper route then The CoC grippers are the best I've tried, but I rarely use them any more, I get most of the same benefits from Farmer's carries and thick grip bar training.

It may be a coincidence but my forearm/elbo tendonitis has much improved since I stopped using the hand grippers.

Heisman2 has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) Heisman2 has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) Heisman2 has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) Heisman2 has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) Heisman2 has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) Heisman2 has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) Heisman2 has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) Heisman2 has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) Heisman2 has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) Heisman2 has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) Heisman2 has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000)
    If you want a cheaper adjustable gripper consider this: https://www.amazon.com/Ivanko-SP-28-...ustomerReviews I have one, the only dislike for me is that the handles are small, but you should be able to wrap tape around them to thicken them up and make it easier to use.

Doing thick bar/dumbbell work is quite helpful for grip. Consider wrapping washclothes around handles if you want to save money. Towel pullups are good in this regard as well.

Wrist curls are also good for hand/forearm strength.

Pinch grip is good for thumb strength (not trained with regular grippers). Depending on the style of plates you have they may or may not be well-designed for pinch work. If not, consider getting a couple of pieces of cardboard to put on the outside of the plates and grip that (again, if we are talking cheap options here).

Murser is just really nice. (+1000) Murser is just really nice. (+1000) Murser is just really nice. (+1000) Murser is just really nice. (+1000) Murser is just really nice. (+1000) Murser is just really nice. (+1000) Murser is just really nice. (+1000) Murser is just really nice. (+1000) Murser is just really nice. (+1000) Murser is just really nice. (+1000) Murser is just really nice. (+1000)
    COC are the way to go. $25 each isn’t that much. Buy the three pack of 0.5, 1 & 2. The 1.5 I have feels like a 1.2.

Registered User AccomplishCoyot's Avatar
    AccomplishCoyot is on a distinguished road. (+10) AccomplishCoyot is on a distinguished road. (+10) AccomplishCoyot is on a distinguished road. (+10) AccomplishCoyot is on a distinguished road. (+10) AccomplishCoyot is on a distinguished road. (+10) AccomplishCoyot is on a distinguished road. (+10) AccomplishCoyot is on a distinguished road. (+10) AccomplishCoyot is on a distinguished road. (+10) AccomplishCoyot is on a distinguished road. (+10) AccomplishCoyot is on a distinguished road. (+10) AccomplishCoyot is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    I bought the baraban adjustable on ebay for $50; it was a great buy. It's very versatile as is, and I'm planning on buying some of the attachments to make it more so.

Duplicitous is a name known to all. (+5000) Duplicitous is a name known to all. (+5000) Duplicitous is a name known to all. (+5000) Duplicitous is a name known to all. (+5000) Duplicitous is a name known to all. (+5000) Duplicitous is a name known to all. (+5000) Duplicitous is a name known to all. (+5000) Duplicitous is a name known to all. (+5000) Duplicitous is a name known to all. (+5000) Duplicitous is a name known to all. (+5000) Duplicitous is a name known to all. (+5000)
    +1 on the CoC grippers. I have managed to collect T through 3 via eBay and FB Marketplace for less than $10/ea.

daniel327 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) daniel327 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) daniel327 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) daniel327 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) daniel327 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) daniel327 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) daniel327 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) daniel327 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) daniel327 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) daniel327 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) daniel327 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    The SideWinder by Sport Grips is the best forearm/grip trainer IMO.

Unlike other roller devices, these work in both directions.

I've had mine for many, many years so they're quire durable.

https://www.sportgrips.com/

Originally Posted by BalticCandles View Post
    I’ve had the SideWinder Pro Xtreme for a couple years now and absolutely love it.
    If you have the budget (it’s a bit pricey) you definitely wouldn’t be disappointed with it. It’s beautifully built and very durable... we’ve cranked and uncranked it probably thousands of times and it still feels the same as when it was new.

I have the Grip Twister as well but honestly rarely use it. It’s very solid, a nice piece of equipment but for whatever reason I never really got in the habit of using it. Makes an amazing paperweight though ;-)
    I do hear great things about Sidewinders 
    but where is the best place to buy them???

Originally Posted by Murser View Post
    COC are the way to go. $25 each isn’t that much. Buy the three pack of 0.5, 1 & 2. The 1.5 I have feels like a 1.2.
    Thanks but space is also a consideration as I'm in a small apartment.

radrd has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) radrd has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) radrd has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) radrd has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) radrd has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) radrd has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) radrd has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) radrd has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) radrd has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) radrd has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) radrd has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000)
    Lol wut? CoC are each about the size of your hand give or take.

Deadlift5 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Deadlift5 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Deadlift5 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Deadlift5 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Deadlift5 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Deadlift5 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Deadlift5 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Deadlift5 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Deadlift5 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Deadlift5 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Deadlift5 will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    ^^ LOL at the two comments above.

Captain of crush fan here too. I used to struggle doing pullups and I came to the realization that my grip was the limiting factor as I just couldn't hang from the pullup bar too long. Being a female, I figured I'd start with the trainer, and while I could close it, I found it challenging to close more than 2-3 times. I ended up getting a second Captain of Crush (somehow I managed to find the space) in "Sport". After about a week, the trainer started becoming progressively easier and I use the sport for warmups now. I like murser's idea of getting 2-3 of them and starting with the 0.5 (trainer), and the 1. They can be found both on Rogue and Amazon.

Murser is just really nice. (+1000) Murser is just really nice. (+1000) Murser is just really nice. (+1000) Murser is just really nice. (+1000) Murser is just really nice. (+1000) Murser is just really nice. (+1000) Murser is just really nice. (+1000) Murser is just really nice. (+1000) Murser is just really nice. (+1000) Murser is just really nice. (+1000) Murser is just really nice. (+1000)
    Let’s hear about this apartment.

ShockDaMuscles is a jewel in the rough. (+500) ShockDaMuscles is a jewel in the rough. (+500) ShockDaMuscles is a jewel in the rough. (+500) ShockDaMuscles is a jewel in the rough. (+500) ShockDaMuscles is a jewel in the rough. (+500) ShockDaMuscles is a jewel in the rough. (+500) ShockDaMuscles is a jewel in the rough. (+500) ShockDaMuscles is a jewel in the rough. (+500) ShockDaMuscles is a jewel in the rough. (+500) ShockDaMuscles is a jewel in the rough. (+500) ShockDaMuscles is a jewel in the rough. (+500)
    It could be one of them Japanese micro apartments.

Originally Posted by Murser View Post
    Let’s hear about this apartment.
    It's more of a broom closet.

Question

Originally Posted by gym62richard View Post
    I agree, if going down the hand gripper route then The CoC grippers are the best I've tried, but I rarely use them any more, I get most of the same benefits from Farmer's carries and thick grip bar training.

It may be a coincidence but my forearm/elbo tendonitis has much improved since I stopped using the hand grippers.
    I hear about tendonitis among grip users, is that a huge problem?

Thumbs up

Thank you everyone!!!

Heisman2 has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) Heisman2 has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) Heisman2 has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) Heisman2 has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) Heisman2 has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) Heisman2 has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) Heisman2 has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) Heisman2 has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) Heisman2 has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) Heisman2 has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) Heisman2 has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000)
    I hear about tendonitis among grip users, is that a huge problem?
    That should not be a problem if you manage your training load properly. If it starts to become an issue, simply back off and it should go away. If you try to train through it then you're going to have problems.

sera310 is just really nice. (+1000) sera310 is just really nice. (+1000) sera310 is just really nice. (+1000) sera310 is just really nice. (+1000) sera310 is just really nice. (+1000) sera310 is just really nice. (+1000) sera310 is just really nice. (+1000) sera310 is just really nice. (+1000) sera310 is just really nice. (+1000) sera310 is just really nice. (+1000) sera310 is just really nice. (+1000)
    Another COC fan here. I also tried another option; I have a teenaged son who is a wrestler, so grip strength is important to him, but the knurling on the COC grippers was tearing up the skin on his hands. So I bought him some of these: https://www.amazon.com/IronMind-Agil...4298062&sr=8-3

Originally Posted by sera310 View Post
    Another COC fan here. I also tried another option; I have a teenaged son who is a wrestler, so grip strength is important to him, but the knurling on the COC grippers was tearing up the skin on his hands. So I bought him some of these: https://www.amazon.com/IronMind-Agil...4298062&sr=8-3
    I'm sorry, but I'd just tell him to toughen up and get used to it. Unless he is doing crazy volume, which CoC doesn't recommend, or got a defective product, the knurl on CoC is less aggressive than many barbells.

I'm sorry, but I'd just tell him to toughen up and get used to it. Unless he is doing crazy volume, which CoC doesn't recommend, or got a defective product, the knurl on CoC is less aggressive than many barbells.
    I have to keep my barbell callouses shaved down or they get torn. The middle pad on my left pinkie gets blisters and tears from COC.

Originally Posted by Heisman2 View Post
    That should not be a problem if you manage your training load properly. If it starts to become an issue, simply back off and it should go away. If you try to train through it then you're going to have problems.
    Don't overdo it, I guess that works for all exercises.

jellodirt is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) jellodirt is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) jellodirt is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) jellodirt is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) jellodirt is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) jellodirt is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) jellodirt is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) jellodirt is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) jellodirt is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) jellodirt is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) jellodirt is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500)
    Thick bar work will strengthen your hands faster and stronger than anything else I've tried.
    "Before my father died, he said the worst thing about growing old was that other men stopped seeing you as dangerous. I've always remembered that, how being dangerous was sacred, a badge of honor." - Act Of Valor

RGrizzzz is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) RGrizzzz is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) RGrizzzz is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) RGrizzzz is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) RGrizzzz is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) RGrizzzz is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) RGrizzzz is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) RGrizzzz is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) RGrizzzz is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) RGrizzzz is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) RGrizzzz is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500)
    My wife just pulled the trigger on the COC beginner set of 3, from Rogue. I'm curious to see what they're like.
    ||---|| Rogue Barbell Club #44 ||---||

Originally Posted by RGrizzzz View Post
    My wife just pulled the trigger on the COC beginner set of 3, from Rogue. I'm curious to see what they're like.
    They’ll be easy, and nicely made.

NoahWhitfield has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) NoahWhitfield has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) NoahWhitfield has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) NoahWhitfield has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) NoahWhitfield has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) NoahWhitfield has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) NoahWhitfield has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) NoahWhitfield has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) NoahWhitfield has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) NoahWhitfield has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) NoahWhitfield has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)

Smile

Originally Posted by BalticCandles View Post

I agree with you, this is an excellent mediocre choice, I used this one too!)

Originally Posted by jellodirt View Post
    Thick bar work will strengthen your hands faster and stronger than anything else I've tried.
    Sometimes the simplest things work the best.

sera310 is just really nice. (+1000) sera310 is just really nice. (+1000) sera310 is just really nice. (+1000) sera310 is just really nice. (+1000) sera310 is just really nice. (+1000) sera310 is just really nice. (+1000) sera310 is just really nice. (+1000) sera310 is just really nice. (+1000) sera310 is just really nice. (+1000) sera310 is just really nice. (+1000) sera310 is just really nice. (+1000)
    Related: This is handy for measuring progress: https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B0...?ie=UTF8&psc=1

Sure, but that takes a while, so while he is toughening up his hands, he uses the smooth grippers to get his grip strength up at the same time.