linette1 is on a distinguished road. (+10)

Unhappy Macros And Calorie Confusion

Confused on calories and macros and everything
    Hi, okay lets get straight to the info im a 17 y/o female, height—> 5’5, weigh 132 (last i checked). I have never seriously weightlifted but now as i am getting into it finally picked a program its 4x/wk 1: upper strength focused 2: lower strength focused 3: active rest 4: upper hypertrophy focused 5: lower hypertrophy focused

Before i was sedentary and according to a nutritionist i went to i should eat roughly 1700 calories and thats what i have been doing with LISS that = 1.5 miles everyday

Now i tracked the tdee for my new activity levels (strength training 4x/wk) and it says that i should eat roughly 2100 but i want to lean out a bit because im just not comfortable with how i look at the moment so i do not want to bulk/surplus but i do want to gain muscle and lose fat where should my calories be and should i pay attention to macros? Should i increase to 1800 to still be in a slight deficit and just lean out and by the time im comfortably lean i reverse diet to maintenance or 2000

AlexSays is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) AlexSays is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) AlexSays is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) AlexSays is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) AlexSays is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) AlexSays is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) AlexSays is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) AlexSays is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) AlexSays is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) AlexSays is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) AlexSays is a splendid one to behold. (+10000)
    Trainers, calculations, calculators, websites etc do not know your TDEE. Nobody does. You can use those sources for a 'starting point' but in reality the only thing to do is pick a calorie level, eat at it for a couple of weeks and monitor the effect it has on your weight. If it's going down at an acceptable rate then your can stick with that (and calculate your average maintenance from that for future reference).

If you are gaining then adjust down.

if you're staying stable then adjust down.

If you're dropping like crazy (ignore the first several lbs which will drop off in the first few days, this is water weight) and starving all the time, increase calories slightly

chibixeno will become famous soon enough. (+50) chibixeno will become famous soon enough. (+50) chibixeno will become famous soon enough. (+50) chibixeno will become famous soon enough. (+50) chibixeno will become famous soon enough. (+50) chibixeno will become famous soon enough. (+50) chibixeno will become famous soon enough. (+50) chibixeno will become famous soon enough. (+50) chibixeno will become famous soon enough. (+50) chibixeno will become famous soon enough. (+50) chibixeno will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    Originally Posted by linette1 View Post
    Confused on calories and macros and everything
    Hi, okay lets get straight to the info im a 17 y/o female, height—> 5’5, weigh 132 (last i checked). I have never seriously weightlifted but now as i am getting into it finally picked a program its 4x/wk 1: upper strength focused 2: lower strength focused 3: active rest 4: upper hypertrophy focused 5: lower hypertrophy focused

Before i was sedentary and according to a nutritionist i went to i should eat roughly 1700 calories and thats what i have been doing with LISS that = 1.5 miles everyday

Now i tracked the tdee for my new activity levels (strength training 4x/wk) and it says that i should eat roughly 2100 but i want to lean out a bit because im just not comfortable with how i look at the moment so i do not want to bulk/surplus but i do want to gain muscle and lose fat where should my calories be and should i pay attention to macros? Should i increase to 1800 to still be in a slight deficit and just lean out and by the time im comfortably lean i reverse diet to maintenance or 2000
    Macros don’t matter. Just eat protein with every meal and keep your total calories in line with your goals.

Garage Rat has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Garage Rat has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Garage Rat has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Garage Rat has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Garage Rat has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Garage Rat has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Garage Rat has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Garage Rat has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Garage Rat has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Garage Rat has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Garage Rat has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    IMO the most important thing you can do is keep the protein up don't drop protein calories/grams.
    Adjust carbs and fats.
    Also add some HIIT cardio maybe alternate with your LISS.
    HIIT as you know will be harder more intense but a shorter duration 15-20 minutes.
    I certainly wouldn't rely on an app as an exact fit for you.
    This is where you need to do some things yourself and observe results.
    Also use a pictures and a waist measurement say every month to track your results.
    Pictures in the exact poses/positions each month will give you a honest assessment on your look.
    A waist measurement will tell if your reducing in a vital area.
    You need hard intense workouts to stimulate muscle growth.
    Review your training.