Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 ... LastLast
    Plateauplower has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Plateauplower has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Plateauplower has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Plateauplower has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Plateauplower has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Plateauplower has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Plateauplower has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Plateauplower has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Plateauplower has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Plateauplower has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Plateauplower has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000)
    Originally Posted by mtpockets View Post
    Appreciate the response Plateauplower

Florida shattered its single-day record of new coronavirus cases reported on Friday, adding an additional 8,942 confirmed infections, according to the Department of Health.

The state broke the previous record of 5,508, which was just set two days ago. Florida now has 122,960 coronavirus cases across the state. There have been 3,366 total deaths.

Florida and Texas are closing down bars in light of the recent surges
    I think the trend was about 10-14 days lag for deaths to increase from higher case loads. Those states could be in bad shape if the at risk populations are not taking precautions. I believe multiple states are already near capacity (hospitals tend to never be too far from max capacity by design to be more profitable). They better start maximizing their spaces in the affected area hospitals.

CommitmentRulz has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) CommitmentRulz has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) CommitmentRulz has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) CommitmentRulz has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) CommitmentRulz has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) CommitmentRulz has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) CommitmentRulz has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) CommitmentRulz has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) CommitmentRulz has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) CommitmentRulz has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) CommitmentRulz has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    Florida now has 122,960 coronavirus cases across the state. There have been 3,366 total deaths.
    So if the CDC is close to correct with the 10X number (actual vs confirmed) there are 1.2 million cases in Florida, with 3,366 total deaths. Less than .4% death rate -- WAY LOWER than the press would like you to believe.

bustasinclair has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) bustasinclair has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) bustasinclair has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) bustasinclair has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) bustasinclair has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) bustasinclair has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) bustasinclair has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) bustasinclair has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) bustasinclair has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) bustasinclair has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) bustasinclair has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    Just found out that one of my coworkers tested positive. I'm starting to feel like I'm being tracked down by this thing after finding out my fiance has a coworker who tested positive.

Management is now trying to decide if we should all get tested. We are a smaller Firm of about 10 associates.

Like everyone else has said, I'm encouraged that the death rate keeps getting smaller as cases have been exploding.

lotusdeva is a name known to all. (+5000) lotusdeva is a name known to all. (+5000) lotusdeva is a name known to all. (+5000) lotusdeva is a name known to all. (+5000) lotusdeva is a name known to all. (+5000) lotusdeva is a name known to all. (+5000) lotusdeva is a name known to all. (+5000) lotusdeva is a name known to all. (+5000) lotusdeva is a name known to all. (+5000) lotusdeva is a name known to all. (+5000) lotusdeva is a name known to all. (+5000)
    Originally Posted by Mark1T View Post
    Thanks for the report, Ms. Deva. Sorry to hear about your neighbor.

Nice to see you.
    My other neighbor is a nurse in our local hospital and every time I see her, I try to just pretend that I am very busy so that I don't get to hear her hospital stories. She is a very nice lady, but I am just so terrified of what COVID patients go though. It

Mark1T has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Mark1T has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Mark1T has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Mark1T has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Mark1T has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Mark1T has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Mark1T has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Mark1T has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Mark1T has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Mark1T has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Mark1T has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000)
    Originally Posted by lotusdeva View Post
    She is a very nice lady, but I am just so terrified of what COVID patients go though. It
    I cannot blame you.
    Helping one person may not change the world, but it could change the world for one person.

Misc Blood Drive: https://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=175220881

Mark1T has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Mark1T has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Mark1T has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Mark1T has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Mark1T has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Mark1T has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Mark1T has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Mark1T has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Mark1T has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Mark1T has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Mark1T has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000)
    Originally Posted by bustasinclair View Post
    Just found out that one of my coworkers tested positive. I'm starting to feel like I'm being tracked down by this thing after finding out my fiance has a coworker who tested positive.

Management is now trying to decide if we should all get tested. We are a smaller Firm of about 10 associates.

Like everyone else has said, I'm encouraged that the death rate keeps getting smaller as cases have been exploding.
    I am thinking a lot of us would test positive. But, as you mentioned, the death rate keeps going down in addition that most of use will experience mild symptoms. I have read that a lot of people are hospitalized unnecessarily. Maybe for observation? But, I also heard that some are given prescriptions and told to go home.
    Helping one person may not change the world, but it could change the world for one person.

deadwoodgregg has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) deadwoodgregg has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) deadwoodgregg has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) deadwoodgregg has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) deadwoodgregg has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) deadwoodgregg has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) deadwoodgregg has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) deadwoodgregg has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) deadwoodgregg has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) deadwoodgregg has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) deadwoodgregg has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000)
    Sorry, but it is looking like the tour is over for you Houston boyos.

Be careful out there.
    []---[] Equipment crew member #51 []---[]

bustasinclair has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) bustasinclair has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) bustasinclair has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) bustasinclair has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) bustasinclair has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) bustasinclair has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) bustasinclair has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) bustasinclair has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) bustasinclair has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) bustasinclair has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) bustasinclair has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    I am thinking a lot of us would test positive. But, as you mentioned, the death rate keeps going down in addition that most of use will experience mild symptoms. I have read that a lot of people are hospitalized unnecessarily. Maybe for observation? But, I also heard that some are given prescriptions and told to go home.
    I definitely agree.

All of my coworkers are freaking out. I feel a bit awkward that I'm not as concerned as they seem to be. One lady is pregnant, so I suppose I understand her freaking out. We'll see what happens.....

Plateauplower has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Plateauplower has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Plateauplower has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Plateauplower has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Plateauplower has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Plateauplower has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Plateauplower has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Plateauplower has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Plateauplower has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Plateauplower has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Plateauplower has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000)
    I definitely agree.

All of my coworkers are freaking out. I feel a bit awkward that I'm not as concerned as they seem to be. One lady is pregnant, so I suppose I understand her freaking out. We'll see what happens.....
    Yeah it’s a bit unnerving being an epicenter. Illinois was like that too until around May, although we didn’t have as big of numbers as TX, FL are seeing, but testing wasn’t as accessible during our likely peak. It takes awhile to knock the numbers down after more stringent mitigation methods are put in place. I’d imagine that most large cities are going to be in the same spot at some point. You just need to look at the actual mortality stats which are reassuring unless you are 70+ or have significant co-morbidities. I mean sure anyone could die from it, but statistically it’s not very likely for most.

Originally Posted by Plateauplower View Post
    Yeah it’s a bit unnerving being an epicenter. Illinois was like that too until around May, although we didn’t have as big of numbers as TX, FL are seeing, but testing wasn’t as accessible during our likely peak. It takes awhile to knock the numbers down after more stringent mitigation methods are put in place. I’d imagine that most large cities are going to be in the same spot at some point. You just need to look at the actual mortality stats which are reassuring unless you are 70+ or have significant co-morbidities. I mean sure anyone could die from it, but statistically it’s not very likely for most.
    There are other factors that may (or may not) reduce the risk of the worst infection, like blood type. What do you think?

There are other factors that may (or may not) reduce the risk of the worst infection, like blood type. What do you think?
    There’s always people who are better or worse off. Not sure about blood type have heard their might be, but genetics matter in both communicable or non-communicable diseases (I.e heart disease, cancer etc). There certainly appears to me that there is a genetic component. There was a 30 something year old military member here who died from COVID, his mom died the same week, that seems like something genetically made their disease courses more severe.

Genetics - there are people who flat out cannot get the aids virus, Ebola etc due to genetic variations.

IIRC around 30% of the human genome is junk viral DNA, that’s pretty crazy.
    Last edited by Plateauplower; 06-26-2020 at 11:13 AM.

Speaking of testing. Do you know if you lose much accuracy by using the rapid results testing that's available? We are assessing getting everyone tested and that option is available. The other tests are taking 7-10 days for results.

Speaking of testing. Do you know if you lose much accuracy by using the rapid results testing that's available? We are assessing getting everyone tested and that option is available. The other tests are taking 7-10 days for results.
    The rapid tests are pretty accurate now I think. Nothing is perfect. I think part of the issue in false negatives is just not getting enough sample. All of our results are coming back within a couple days, and usually within 24hrs here. Not sure if they are using a PCR test, or the Abbot lab thing which had some issues originally but were corrected. I don’t know much about the methods the labs are using though. That’s outside of my wheelhouse.

The rapid tests are pretty accurate now I think. Nothing is perfect. I think part of the issue in false negatives is just not getting enough sample. All of our results are coming back within a couple days, and usually within 24hrs. Not sure if they are using a PCR test, or the Abbot lab thing which had some issues originally but were corrected. I don’t know much about the methods the labs are using though. That’s outside of my wheelhouse.
    Makes sense. Here's the test results for my coworker.

I appreciate your response.

I blocked out his name for privacy concerns

Makes sense. Here's the test results for my coworker.

I appreciate your response.

I blocked out his name for privacy concerns
    Yeah that’s a PCR (polymerase chain reaction) test. Basically you use a reagent or primer that will attract the genetic sequence of the viral RNA like a magnet. It’s been 20 years since I’ve done that kind of stuff in a microbiology lab, I’d imagine it has evolved some... Should be pretty accurate as long as there is enough sample to test. Like someone could have it, and still be in the incubation period and not be shedding virus yet so it could create a false negative in a situation like that. Otherwise it’s basically physics/chemistry and is accurate.

I’d remove the attachment BTW. Even though it’s redacted lots of HIPAA laws, no sense taking a chance with client ID, DOB etc.
    Last edited by Plateauplower; 06-26-2020 at 11:42 AM.

Yeah that’s a PCR (polymerase chain reaction) test. Basically you use a reagent or primer that will attract the genetic sequence of the viral RNA like a magnet. It’s been 20 years since I’ve done that kind of stuff in a microbiology lab, I’d imagine it has evolved some... Should be pretty accurate as long as there is enough sample to test. Like someone could have it, and still be in the incubation period and not be shedding virus yet so it could create a false negative in a situation like that. Otherwise it’s basically physics/chemistry and is accurate.

I’d remove the attachment BTW. Even though it’s redacted lots of HIPAA laws, no sense taking a chance with client ID etc.
    Very interesting. Thanks for being the Forum expert!

I'll remove the attachment. You're right.

Very interesting. Thanks for being the Forum expert!

I'll remove the attachment. You're right.
    As far as getting everyone in the office tested, that might give people a false sense of security imo. They could be negative on the day they get tested and go get the Rona on their next trip to the store. Better is to just do the basics and maintain social distancing, wear masks when distancing can’t be maintained (10-12’ is better than 6, the more the better really, zero doubt in my mind it’s airborne to a much larger degree than I’ve seen reported), limit group sizes, wash hands like a fiend. Pre-entry temp readings are a silly strategy IMO given the high numbers of asymptomatic infection. We have been doing temp screenings and it’s a waste of time, most people pull in AC blasting and are reading like they are hypothermic lulz. The screenings are good optics though and maybe provide some of the freaked out people a sense of safety.

If everyone gets tested in the office the people who are negative might not be as likely to take the precautions that they should....I think the fear factor helps keep people “honest” with mitigation methods to a degree. It does get old and eventually people are pretty much like “fuk it, if I die, I die”. I’ve been seeing more of that around here. Hopefully we don’t have a resurgence.
    Last edited by Plateauplower; 06-26-2020 at 12:03 PM.

Originally Posted by deadwoodgregg View Post
    Sorry, but it is looking like the tour is over for you Houston boyos.

Be careful out there.
    I think you're right. I better go get a haircut today!

I heard a few hours ago that Houston might surpass New York City very soon!

As far as getting everyone in the office tested, that might give people a false sense of security imo. They could be negative on the day they get tested and go get the Rona on their next trip to the store. Better is to just do the basics and maintain social distancing, wear masks when distancing can’t be maintained (I’d say 10-12’ rather than 6, the more the better, zero doubt in my mind it’s airborne), limit group sizes, wash hands like a fiend. Pre-entry temp readings are a silly strategy IMO given the high numbers of asymptomatic infection. We have been doing temp screenings and it’s a waste of time, most people pull in AC blasting and are reading like they are hypothermic lulz. If everyone gets tested in the office the people who are negative might not be as likely to take the precautions that they should....
    Thanks for the input and I definitely agree with your assessment. I'll state my case to the managing partner who is 68, but healthy. I think he's a bit worried for his and his wife's health.

x-trainer ben has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) x-trainer ben has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) x-trainer ben has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) x-trainer ben has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) x-trainer ben has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) x-trainer ben has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) x-trainer ben has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) x-trainer ben has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) x-trainer ben has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) x-trainer ben has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) x-trainer ben has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000)

I am going to go get tested next week at one of the drive through locations in the area. If anything, it is for my own piece of mind even though i don't exhibit any symptoms. Why not, it is free.
    sums it up a thread will start off promising and then turn into name calling..
    The easiest way to tell when an argument has no merit is when the protagonist mixes in some personal insults.

There’s always people who are better or worse off. Not sure about blood type have heard their might be, but genetics matter in both communicable or non-communicable diseases (I.e heart disease, cancer etc). There certainly appears to me that there is a genetic component. There was a 30 something year old military member here who died from COVID, his mom died the same week, that seems like something genetically made their disease courses more severe.

Genetics - there are people who flat out cannot get the aids virus, Ebola etc due to genetic variations.

IIRC around 30% of the human genome is junk viral DNA, that’s pretty crazy.
    Thanks. I think my higher level of Neanderthal genes have helped somewhat.

Thanks for the input and I definitely agree with your assessment. I'll state my case to the managing partner who is 68, but healthy. I think he's a bit worried for his and his wife's health.
    People in high risk groups (68) when things are surging, should probably take some additional measures. If I were him I’d work from home and be a hermit for awhile...but those are individual choices. The way that it spreads, it seems about impossible to avoid in high population density areas unless you just do a hard personal lockdown. Let the younger lower risk go on with their business, while taking precautions mentioned above.

In Witness Protection mtpockets's Avatar
    mtpockets has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) mtpockets has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) mtpockets has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) mtpockets has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) mtpockets has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) mtpockets has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) mtpockets has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) mtpockets has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) mtpockets has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) mtpockets has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) mtpockets has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000)
    Originally Posted by x-trainer ben View Post
    I am going to go get tested next week at one of the drive through locations in the area. If anything, it is for my own piece of mind even though i don't exhibit any symptoms. Why not, it is free.
    Not jamming that broomstick in my snot locker until I have too, don't care if it's free or they pay me. Damn thing goes right back to your childhood. I am gagging just thinking about it. Good luck ben, hope you get a passing grade my friend.

Some great info within this thread, it is enlightening to say the least.

Carry on
    Air Force Veteran 1976 - 1999

Real Heroes don't wear capes.

Keep your squats low and standards high.

You are not stuck at home, you are safe at home.

x-trainer ben has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) x-trainer ben has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) x-trainer ben has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) x-trainer ben has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) x-trainer ben has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) x-trainer ben has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) x-trainer ben has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) x-trainer ben has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) x-trainer ben has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) x-trainer ben has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) x-trainer ben has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000)
    Not jamming that broomstick in my snot locker until I have too, don't care if it's free or they pay me. Damn thing goes right back to your childhood. I am gagging just thinking about it. Good luck ben, hope you get a passing grade my friend.

Some great info within this thread, it is enlightening to say the least.

Carry on

Well here is my update, the gf just got one because it was required for her doctors appointment and she said it was a 4/10 on the discomfort meter.
    While my relative with Covid described it as an 11/10 because of the inflamed sinus cavity and tissues. If she says a 4, i can man up/suck it up and get it done.
    The easiest way to tell when an argument has no merit is when the protagonist mixes in some personal insults.

Lol makes sense. Worried about a communicable disease, go to an area where a bunch of sick people are getting swabs jammed up their noses and coughing. If you haven’t had it yet, you are increasing your odds of getting it with that plan.

Lol makes sense. Worried about a communicable disease, go to an area where a bunch of sick people are getting swabs jammed up their noses and coughing. If you haven’t had it yet, you are increasing your odds of getting it with that plan.
    We are just now in phase 2, locked down in phase 1 since mid March, so the risk at this point is far lower based on our trends and downward trending data( which i check daily). Plus my own habits.
    I would not do it if we were in an Arizona, Texas,Florida situation.

We are just now in phase 2, locked down in phase 1 since mid March, so the risk at this point is far lower based on our trends and downward trending data( which i check daily). Plus my own habits.
    I would not do it if we were in an Arizona, Texas,Florida situation.
    I have not seen what the protocol is for PPE changes in test sites, but I can assure you that there is an increased risk in that setting. 500+ positives last few days in DC, there’s a reasonable chance that those arms reaching into your car to probe your sinuses have viable virus particles on them.

I have not seen what the protocol is for PPE changes in test sites, but I can assure you that there is an increased risk in that setting. 500+ positives last few days in DC, there’s a reasonable chance that those arms reaching into your car to probe your sinuses have viable virus particles on them.
    Ok thanks for the info.

Big Ben, I heard for guys, they strap your ass down and do whatever they need to do. But, don't worry about it

Houston, as we know is seeing a big spike. I wonder if the 60,000+ people who attended the George Floyd funeral had anything to do with it - possibly as a super-spreader event?