Page 1 of 10 1 2 3 ... LastLast
    AlexSays is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) AlexSays is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) AlexSays is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) AlexSays is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) AlexSays is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) AlexSays is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) AlexSays is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) AlexSays is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) AlexSays is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) AlexSays is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) AlexSays is a splendid one to behold. (+10000)

My Latest Summer Cut - All welcome for a chat

Happy summer everyone, I'm starting this far too late but have had some hiccups in the past 9-10 months

Alcoholism is a nuisance and one that occasionally revisits me despite having 4-5 years largely dry of it and clean of other such things. Many intermittent months of 3-5 bottles of wine per day + lack of eating moderately + over half a dozen episodes of serious self harm and a total of about 30 stitches have inevitably led to many lbs of fat gain and moderate loss of mass. Sh*t happens

I'm happy enough with my remaining muscle to forgo a regain phase for now and am going to concentrate on shifting the excess fat first, fed up of a vaguely lump appearance. After commenting around a couple of other people's logs and lurking for a good few years I decided this would be a fun way to do it. My initial goal will be around 5kg or 11ish lb (after water) and see where I am from there.

3 previous cuts, an accumulated total of over 100lb lost (with some regained in mass building phases between) and probably over 12 accumulated months of solid cutting over the past 3 years means I am not new to this. This is not an accountability log or a 'critique my....' log. I just enjoy the company of you lovely people and wanted to do this particular cut in a more social way so feel free to chime in! I am currently taking some peace and refuge at my girlfriend's mother's house before returning to my flat, equipment and scales so figures will currently be estimates until I can get you some definites

Current composition:

Height: 5'10''
    Current weight: 82-85kg, 180-187lb
    Current bodyfat: 18-22%

I have attached an initial photo below. For vanity and motivation's sake i have taken it in glorious sunshine lighting, trust me i look a lot podgier indoors (although my girlfriend's usually excellent camera skills seem to have made me look like a dwarf with a giant head). I am currently about 2 weeks in and i estimate 0.5-1kg down.

While I'm here I'm doing a very basic upper/lower split to get my eye in on working out again after several weeks break (with limited equipment)

Upper:
    Weighted pressups 3x10
    Plate flies 3x12
    Neutral grip pullups 4x5
    Wide grip pullups 4x5 (or whatever i get)
    Standing dumbell shoulder press 3x8
    lat raises 3x10
    Curls 3x6-8
    Narrow grip pushups 3x10

Lower
    Weighted goblet squats 3x10
    RDL 3x10
    Weighted lunges 3x10
    Hanging raises (full leg and body raises, in a half pullup position because the doorframe isn't high enough for a true hang) 3x5

Order may vary, sometimes done throughout the day if feeling lazy (only done raises today so far).

Nutrition:

Eyeballed, whatever the hell i want, try to get a good slab of protein with every meal. Have spent too long cutting to obsess, weigh food, make a meal plan or take protein consumption too seriously. Learned i gain mass just as fast with 100g protein as I did with 170g. Learned I retain just as much muscle on the same. No preaching please, am not fussed. The less complicated I make my lifting life the better my results tend to be

In summary my nutirtion plan involves eating less

Cheers guys, will probably update later today with my lifts and a bit of a lowdown on food

Attached Images
    Last edited by AlexSays; 08-05-2020 at 06:13 AM.

AlexSays is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) AlexSays is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) AlexSays is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) AlexSays is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) AlexSays is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) AlexSays is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) AlexSays is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) AlexSays is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) AlexSays is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) AlexSays is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) AlexSays is a splendid one to behold. (+10000)
    Damn, sorry my bad, can a mod move this to the losing fat logs?

Right thread in the right place at last

Did my lower workout today, amended reps as felt I wasn't doing enough (very low weight)

Goblet squat 20kg/45lb, 3x15
    RDL 20kg/45lb, 3x15
    Lunges 10kg/22.5lb 3x10 each leg
    hanging leg/body raises 3x5 BW

For some reason my lunges have always been weak, I just get so tired after about 5 each side so that weight is actually approaching my max, whereas the other two are just place filler weights until I can get home to my bar and other plates

Food:

Had a sandwich of BBQ pulled pork (which I spend 10 hours cooking up yesterday, along with the homemade BBQ sauce) and cheese. Had another sandwich of ham, cheese and mayo. nabbed a bit of pork crackling this morning too. Drinks are only ever going to be water, coffee and (nearly) 0 calorie diet sodas (mainly pepsi max) so won't bother logging them. Not sure what's going on for dinner yet.

I forgot to mention that I suffer with a long term lower back issue sparked by poor form in deadlifts a few years ago. Over ambitious lifting or manual work sends me into a spasm which can have me struggling to walk or turn my body for a few days (almost feels like a very localized and severe whiplash). At the moment I'm finally making a concerted effort to re-strengthen that part of my back and glutes. However it does mean that my squat and DL figures are extremely low (which suits me at the moment due to my limit of 70kg worth of plates and bar at home). My workout days also include a series of physio-recommended back exercises which I either do after or at some other point in the day.

Rest day

Checking in early today as it's a rest day and probably won't have much interesting to post. Just a note on posting, I'm probably initially going to check in every week day to get my 'log' ball rolling. Depending on how long the cut takes this may move to every couple of days/every week in the future.

Woke up feeling pretty sore, have done 4 days of (admittedly limited) working out this week. Am actually really enjoying having a pullup bar. Sometimes I just jump on for a set or two when I'm bored, hoping the accumulated effect of this will be noticeable. Something I've discovered during quarantine is that I don't buy in to 'all of your lifting must be on very specific days and must take place within the same 1 hour period on those days', at least not as having a real effect on my long term results. So sometimes I just slot in exercises on random days when I'm bored, the more your body is doing the movements the more it adapts to them, I believe overtraining to be largely a myth unless you are genuinely thrashing the muscles day in, day out, past the point of warning signals with heavy weight. People with extremely physical jobs seem to manage doing the same 'exercises' every day, 8 hours per day... Although I admit alot of those people do end up with joint issues... Whatever I'll do my thing and see how it turns out.

Had pretty much salad leaves, hard boiled eggs, pulled pork and a couple of slices of ham in moderate portions for dinner last night so may have been below my estimated calorie range yesterday. Ah well. Relying pretty heavily on sandwiches at the moment because they're easy and never fail to please me. Might slot in a big omlet for lunch today just to shake things up. Find I eventually start to get sick of certain foods, even one's I love.

I have attached a photo of a 13kg watermelon that was delivered here which i'm slowly chipping away at. It's an F-ing beast

Hope youz all have a great weekend! Will be back with updates on Monday
    Attached Images

CBRIT89 is a name known to all. (+5000) CBRIT89 is a name known to all. (+5000) CBRIT89 is a name known to all. (+5000) CBRIT89 is a name known to all. (+5000) CBRIT89 is a name known to all. (+5000) CBRIT89 is a name known to all. (+5000) CBRIT89 is a name known to all. (+5000) CBRIT89 is a name known to all. (+5000) CBRIT89 is a name known to all. (+5000) CBRIT89 is a name known to all. (+5000) CBRIT89 is a name known to all. (+5000)
    Following! The alcoholism and self harm sounds awful, hope you're feeling much more on a level now. I certainly find lifting to be a pretty cathartic exercise these days - do you find the same?
    A.L.L. Leukemia 2009 - 2012
    Brain haemorrhage 2009
    Hip replacements 2010 & 2011
    Eating Disorder 2016 - 2022
    Collapsed Talus 2020 - (Surgery August '22)

Hey thanks for stopping by! Yeah it's been a rough old life aha. Lifting is without a shadow of a doubt one of my biggest lifelines to maintaining stability along with having a good and stable job. When things deteriorate one of the only things that can pull me back up is wanting to get back on the physique train (I am vain enough that it is often enough motivation in itself lol). Seems shallow but seems to work too :P

Weekend update

Found myself with a spare half hour on my laptop as I wait for a Zoom quiz to commence with some friends so thought might as well check in. God I can't wait for restaurants to reopen next Saturday in the UK.

Been a rest day today. Bloody hate rest days, especially when I'm feeling super motivated to work out. My thoughts always stray to the booze to kill the boredom (swear boredom and misery are the root of all addiction).

Food:

Felt lazy today so decided to go overkill at breakfast and then just forget about food the rest of the day. Made some godawful concoction. I think it was originally going to be an omelet but the sheer amount of crap I put in it ended that dream before it really took off. I will share the recipe so that you can avoid making it at home at all costs:

5 eggs + seasoning
    3 rashers of bacon
    1 shallot
    clove of garlic
    entire bowl of bbq pulled pork leftovers
    big handful of grated cheddar

1) Fry off the shallot, garlic and bacon in a pan until cooked through
    2) pour in eggs and pulled pork
    3) attempt to omelet-ify until realise it has become a scrambled shambles due to the sheer quantity of pork
    4) forlornly push pill of sh*t around the pan until the egg is mostly cooked
    5) dump cheese on in an attempt to save and shove under the grill (broil for you yanks) until cheese is melted
    6) choke down enormous morass of crumbly/gooey protein, wishing you'd thought to throw in some milk

Estimated macros of my marvelous creation (first proof of my less than obsessive approach to macros):

cals: likely around 1000
    protein: god only knows, maybe 70-90g
    fats: alot
    carbs: very little. Perhaps 10-20ish g lactose from the cheese

Needless to say I neither ate, nor wanted to eat until late in the evening. Had moderate portion of chicken tikka with rice for dinner. Substituted naan bread for a slice of Betty Crocker rainbow cake with vanilla icing that my girlfriend whipped up.

Looking forward to getting home tomorrow. Will then have scales as well as my bar and the rest of my measly collection of plates

Hope you (likely imaginary) guys are having a good weekend

Turns out I had far more time on my hands this weekend than I thought I would so may aswell drop another update.

Exercise: another rest day today, took my gf's mother's dogs for a couple of miles walk in the countryside

Food

Breakfast: bacon, eggs, watermelon, large glass of milk and more rainbow birthday cake (dangerously moreish but managed to keep it to a moderate slice)
    Lunch: ham and cheese sandwich, left out the mayo today because with the amount I normally use, leaving it out will probably absorb half that slice of cake
    Dinner: 3 tacos (F-ing delicious) with peppers, onion, salsa and cheese

May not end up heading home until late tonight/tomorrow so looks like a weigh in is further postponed. Watching the Glastonbury festival (past years) on the TV. Not normally one for this kind of music but for lack of anything else to do am becoming grudgingly absorbed.

Keeping it short today, happy Sunday

In for an update! Missed it yesterday for various reasons. Managed to jump on a scale at my gf's mother's house but was more for a ballpark due to the wild inconsistencies between different scale sets:

Monday:

Weight: 85.2kg (187.8lb) must have let myself go more than I thought before I jumped back on the wagon!

Workout (with all my meager equipment again!), not including warm-up sets

Floor press 72.5kg/159ish lb (all the weight i have): 10, 8, 7
    Wide (as I can) grip pullups: 6, 5, 5
    Standing overhead press 40kg/88lb: 10, 8, 6
    Wide grip BOR 40kg/88lb: 10, 10, 10
    BB curls 30kg/60lb: 10, 10, 10

Nutrition
    2x tacos with a sh*t-tonne of pork and beef, with salsa and cheese + watermelon on the side
    Sandwich with cheese and ham + banana
    Battered fried chicken with sesame sauce + sesame seeds + water chestnuts + spring onions, in noodles (made from scratch, goddamn amazing if I do sayso myself)

Macros and calories: no idea

Tuesday

Weight: 84kg (185.2ish lb), I put about 90% of this change down to using a different scale, water fluctuation, or a combination of both.

Workout:
    Back squat 40kg/88lb: 15, 15, 15, 15
    RDL 40kg/88lb (dropping to 30kg/66lb after one set due to back twinge): 10, 10, 10
    Hack squat 50kg/110lb: 8, 8, 8 (still getting used to the form, bar doesn't touch the ground due to lack of bumper weights)
    hanging raises (full raise, legs vertical) BW: 6, 6, 6

Nutrition:
    66g of protein isolate (felt lazy this morning)
    Bacon, cheese and mayo sandwich + banana
    Steak with peppercorn sauce + fried potatoes + sliced runner beans

Macros and calories: no idea

Working out at home is frustrating but am making it work. Obviously the comparative weights for various exercises don't exactly line up. To explain: I have two limiting factors, my lower back issue (which affects my BOR, squat, RDL and DL) and my lack of a rack (which affects my squat). Squat is a bit of a double whammy as I can't squat very much anyway because my lower back is f*cked, but the weight on my squat is also limited by how much I can powerclean (as I have to get it up, over my head, and onto my back). As you can see I'm aiming for volume on my squat to try and compensate a little

Therefore lifts for squat, BOR, squat, any kind of DL and OHP will remain low and will grow much more slowly as I give my back ample space to re-strengthen itself alongside my physio exercises. I believe that hack squat is a pretty decent option if you're trying to avoid stressing the lower back which is why I'm trying to learn to do the bloody thing. If any of you imaginary people have more info on this feel free to jump in.

Dreaded rest day tomorrow, just gotta not reach for the bottle for 24 hours and it's back again with upper workout #2 on Thursday

Rest day yesterday, still sober so that's a relief. Weighed in at 83.9kg/184.9lb, nice and steady over the day before.

Nutrition:

40g protein isolate (lazy again)
    2x shop bought sandwiches (chicken + bacon+ mayo and ham + cheese + mayo)
    2x Crunchy cream biscuits (was in the office yesterday and that was the biscuit of the day)
    1x Haagen-Dasz mini caramel swirl ice cream (delicious)
    Homemade chicken curry with rice. Was going to make a korma out of the jar but with added vegetables. Chopped up a bunch of vegetables and decided to just make my own curry from scratch. Seemed like a waste of effort to just dump a jar of premade sauce on.

TODAY

Weighed in at 83.6kg/184.2lb. Bit of a water drop I'm assuming as have been a bit lazy with my calories lately and haven't been eating as much as I've aimed to. Expect a slight raise tomorrow

Nutrition so far:
    40-50g protein isolate
    3 slices of back bacon
    Another ice cream cup
    The other half of the curry from last night
    Will probably have something fairly light for dinner

Workout, upper #2

Pressups (elevated feet) BW + 15kg (33lb): 10, 10, 10
    Neutral, narrow grip pullups BW: 8, 6, 5, 5, 7 (last set was done after the rest of the workout)
    BB javelin shoulder press 20kg (44lb) per arm: 10, 10, 10
    Upright rows 40kg (88lb): 10, 10, 8
    Narrow grip pressups BW + 5kg (11lb): 10, 10, 10

Would normally do skull crushers on the last exercise but it started raining out on my deck and don't have the horizontal space to do lying BB exercises indoors. Lower #2 tomorrow if my back feels up for it

Hello all Friday update!

Weight: 83.2kg (183.3ish lb) another fairly large drop. It's not like I've only just started cutting so this isn't initial water weight. It may be due to me eating fairly high carbs so far and then becoming lazy and eating under my estimated calories too consistently. This is however offset by the fact that I ate half of a large oven pizza yesterday... Either way am not too worried, lets see how it plays out long terms. Somehow I doubt i was in a 3,150cal deficit yesterday lol.

Workout:
    Front squats 40kg (88lb): 10, 10, 7 (got a back twinge)
    Dorian deadlift 40 (set 1) -45kg (sets 2 and 3), 88-99lb: 10, 10, 10
    Roller curls (using a barbell for the roll): 8, 8, 8
    Lunges BW + 10kg (22lb): 10, 5 (stopped here due to recurring back twinge)

May do some hanging vertical raises later. The roller curls are pretty frustrating and difficult to do with consistent form (find a video, they're a biatch) but I do feel some ham activation and they'll do along with my RDLs for lack of other curling facilities. The only way I get a decent workout with them is if I don't let my butt touch the floor for the whole set. Presume that probably gives my core a decent workout too.

Nutrition:
    60g protein isolate + banana
    1/3rd of the pizza from last night
    2/3rds of the cheesey garlic bread from last night

I'm heading back to my hometown to see some friends to celebrate our pubs re-opening, feel like i may be subconsciously eating for some vanity glycogen today (the pizza and garlic bread alone was likely around 1000 calories of mainly carbs). Will undoubtedly do some pressups for pumps tomorrow before I go out like vain douchebag I am.

Have a fairly worrying certainty I'm going to drink tomorrow and am pretty unlikely to stay within my calories. Tribute to all complacent recovering alcoholics everywhere.

Will update with inevitable weight spike on Monday. Have a great weekend my imaginary friends

Happy new week everyone

Definitely got wasted on the weekend and of course calories went out the window a little although I did try and keep it to one godawfully calorific meal on the Sunday however (huge lunch + 2 helpings of peach cobbler and cream).

Weight:

83.8kg (184.7lb ish) Very predictable, doubt I've put on more than 0.5lb but water retention and my unnaturally large drops from last week will hopefully even out and meet in the middle somewhere

Workout, starting on a new program from my trainer today:

Floor press 72.5kg (159lb ish) supersetted with BW elevated pressups: 10+9, 8+6, 6+5, 6+6
    Overhead press 40kg (88lb): 12, 10, 9
    Wide grip BOR 40kg (88lb): 10, 10, 16 (went AMRAP on last set until my lower back gave me a warning)
    Diamond pushups BW: 12, 12, 12
    Reverse curls (20kg/44lb)/regular curls (30kg/66lb) superset: 12+8, 10+7, 12+6

Food:

40g protein isolate + banana (feel like this is becoming my goto breakfast)
    2x ham and cheese sandwiches (double ham, no mayo)
    Whatever the hell dinner will be

Feeling pretty bloated and look like sh*t from the weekend still but hopefully that'll improve as the week goes on. Luckily not feeling any cravings for alcohol after Saturday. More just want to get back on top form

Cheers

TheUnbearables has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) TheUnbearables has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) TheUnbearables has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) TheUnbearables has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) TheUnbearables has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) TheUnbearables has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) TheUnbearables has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) TheUnbearables has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) TheUnbearables has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) TheUnbearables has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) TheUnbearables has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10)
    You've got this, man. Let's get a solid week in!

Cheers bro! Yes lets

Seems like I'm being blocked from updating my own log?

Weight today was 83.4kg (183.8lb)

Nutrition:
    My exciting and varied breakfast of protein and a banana
    Not much else to eat so no clue what else I'm going to have today. Lots of coffee most likely

Workout (from new routine):
    Front squat 40kg (88lb): 12, 12, 12
    Back squat 40kg (88lb): 6, 6, 6 was aiming for 8s at least but think the leg and lower back were a little wasted from back squats
    Lunges BW + 10kg (22lb): 10, 10, 10 find lunges so tiring, they've always been weak but man they take it out of me
    RDL 30kg (33lb): 10, 10, 10 going back to light on this but felt a real good activation in my hams

Wanted to post more yesterday but the forum kept barring access to post so ah well.

Rest day today and for the first time I do feel like I need it. Legs ache from yesterday despite the low weight and am feeling generally run down. Work is also stressing me out today, feel like I'm doing everything wrong

Weight this morning was 83.3kg which is about 183.6lb. So that is finally a nice steady drop, feel like my water has stabilized at last. My not so accurate conversions and the fact that my scale only does to 1 decimal point on KG means it is hard to tell but this would indicate I was running approximately a 700cal deficit yesterday which I'm happy with for now. On top of what I already logged I had two ham and cheese sandwiches as well as finally cooking up that jar of korma I ditched the other day. + various small cookies and another banana throughout the day.

Nutrition today:
    ham and cheese sandwich + pear (really gotta use up that ham and get more creative)
    30-40g whey isolate
    Will have remaining curry and rice for lunch
    Bought a load of potential dinner food as fed up of not knowing what I'm going to be eating... and still have no idea what to eat. Might have a chicken kiev (hngg)

Am going to do my very low impact lower back physio exercises and maybe some stretching but otherwise am going to enjoy the rest. Find it difficult though as the house is an utter mess of new furniture, boxes, packing stuff and tools. Have built a very large new flatpack sideboard as well as taking delivery of a wardrobe so big I couldn't even get it through the corridor to the room it was supposed to go in. Had to dismantle parts of the wardrobe, take a banister off the wall, remove the door of the room, drag the wardrobe through (wrecking the walls and doorframe in the process) and then reassemble everything (except the bannister, it's torn a hole in the plaster and can't be re-attached). Think I burned more calories doing this than my whole week of workouts combined.

TheUnbearables has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) TheUnbearables has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) TheUnbearables has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) TheUnbearables has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) TheUnbearables has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) TheUnbearables has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) TheUnbearables has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) TheUnbearables has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) TheUnbearables has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) TheUnbearables has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) TheUnbearables has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10)
    Sounds like you're getting dialed in, mate.

Keep it up

Cheers man, another implausible weight drop today. Either my water is going crazy or my TDEE is about 1000 cals higher than I thought haha

snailsrus has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) snailsrus has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) snailsrus has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) snailsrus has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) snailsrus has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) snailsrus has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) snailsrus has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) snailsrus has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) snailsrus has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) snailsrus has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) snailsrus has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000)
    Hey reps on recharge, congratulations on sobriety and weight loss. AA brahette here! If you ever need to talk pm me.
    SuperHercules crew
    cancer survivor crew
    Dyslexic crew
    Friend of Mr.Wilson crew
    Ugly and old cell crew
    Cat crew
    Insomniac crew

Originally Posted by snailsrus View Post
    Hey reps on recharge, congratulations on sobriety and weight loss. AA brahette here! If you ever need to talk pm me.
    Thank you! Sobriety can be patchy some years but haven't hit a true 'hole' (morning to midnight every day) for about 4 years. Lifting is one of my saviors in keeping me on track Feel free to stop by anytime

Camarija has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Camarija has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Camarija has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Camarija has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Camarija has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Camarija has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Camarija has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Camarija has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Camarija has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Camarija has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Camarija has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    Just reading up before hitting the gym and I noticed we had a lot of similar thoughts:

Originally Posted by AlexSays View Post
    Either my water is going crazy or my TDEE is about 1000 cals higher than I thought haha
    I hate it when this happens! It can be water, not enough fiber the day before weighing yourself, or metabolism finally catching up. Now I just weigh in once every 1-2 months keeping in mind I'm on the right path and to not sweat the weigh ins like I used to.

For some reason my lunges have always been weak, I just get so tired after about 5 each side so that weight is actually approaching my max, whereas the other two are just place filler weights until I can get home to my bar and other plates
    Lunges BW + 10kg (22lb): 10, 10, 10 find lunges so tiring, they've always been weak but man they take it out of me
    Yeah, lunges/rear foot elevated single leg squats take a ton out of me to the point that it just becomes draining and demotivating. I'm considering just subbing them out for my own sanity, but I know they've contributed quite a lot towards overall balanced leg leg development so it's hard to let them go. It's the exercise that I know is worth keeping, even though they chip away at my soul, if that makes sense.

Keep at it bro! I'll be following along
    ► Intermediate Bodybuilding Classic Physique ► Renaissance Periodization Programming
    ► https://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=180349883
    ► Progress Pictures
    ► https://i.ibb.co/r6RKF4p/Progress-Pictures.png

Originally Posted by Camarija View Post
    Just reading up before hitting the gym and I noticed we had a lot of similar thoughts:

I hate it when this happens! It can be water, not enough fiber the day before weighing yourself, or metabolism finally catching up. Now I just weigh in once every 1-2 months keeping in mind I'm on the right path and to not sweat the weigh ins like I used to.

Yeah, lunges/rear foot elevated single leg squats take a ton out of me to the point that it just becomes draining and demotivating. I'm considering just subbing them out for my own sanity, but I know they've contributed quite a lot towards overall balanced leg leg development so it's hard to let them go. It's the exercise that I know is worth keeping, even though they chip away at my soul, if that makes sense.

Keep at it bro! I'll be following along
    Hey man good to see you! Yeah any change in weight over about 0.1kg I just chalk up to water. My main issue is not getting freaked out by it (am used to it), it's more just frustration that tracking isn't easier. Seems to have restabilized today though

God if I had the equipment/furniture to sub out lunges for something else I would but I still feel like they thrash my quads better than any other home-improvised movement. You are so right about them slowly ruining my soul though ahahaha

Good to have you along, your log is good motivation to keep cutting so I can see all of the wonderful bulking i get to do soon :P
    Last edited by AlexSays; 07-10-2020 at 01:15 AM.

Just going to jump in with an update for yesterday as didn't get the chance

YESTERDAY

Weight 82.9kg (182.7ish lb) Another water zig-zag (which has evened out today)

Workout:

OHP 42.5kg (94ish lb): 10, 10, 8, 7
    Upright row 42.5kg (94ish lb): 8, 8, 7
    Weighted pressup BW + 15kg (33lb): 10, 10, 10
    Lat raises 10kg per hand (22lb): 10, 8, 8
    Super set diamond pushups, plate kickbacks (BW, 3.75kg/8.3ish lb): 10+12, 10+12, 10+12

Nutrition:

40g whey isolate
    2x shop bought sandwiches (ham, cheese, mayo and bacon, chicken, mayo)
    Banana + pear

Just want to write a bit more about my invented dinner because it was gorgeous. Essentially stir fried sausage meat with edamame beans, garlic and ginger then fried in a made up sauce of balsamic vinegar, soy sauce, sesame oil and honey before tossing in noodles. Was beautiful, highly recommend

Workout felt a little weak because did it a little soon after my dinner but upped weights on OHP and upright row. All felt a little heavy. Does anyone get that feeling where they do their workout and then feel like they just haven't done anything worthwhile or for long enough but still feel tired as sh*t?

Will be back later for today's update

Today!

Weight: 83.1kg (183.1ish lb) Looks like water has, once again, re-bounded. General trend is down though so am a happy bunny

Workout

Have kindof figured out this program. It's essentially an upper, lower, push, pull. The push and pull are upper only so might add another legs day, not sure

Dorian deadlift 45kg (99lb): 10, 10, 10
    Wide grip pullups BW: 8, 6, 5, 7 (doing the odd set still)
    One arm landmine rows 30kg (66lb): 10, 10, 10
    Neutral grip pullups: 8, 5, 4, 7 (doing the odd set still)
    BB curls 32.5kg (72lb): 10, 8, 10

Noticed something yesterday when picking up the bar for my OHP and also on squat several days ago. I'm so terrified of overdoing it on my lower back that it may be affecting my form. I am reluctant to even over at the hips for any reason which leads to me with a hyper-extended back arch while keeping my back as upright as possible during squats, DL etc. So I've been trying to keep my back neutral and less over-tense, folding at the hips where it's natural and it actually feels alot better. Dorian deads felt good today (will have to wait until tomorrow to see if they've done damage however).

Nutrition

40g whey isolate + pear
    2x grilled sausages + ham and cheese sandwich + banana
    Heading back to GF's mum's for the weekend tonight so not sure on dinner

Will do progress pics when I reach 80kg (4kg lost, approx 8.8lb). Not really a lot of point doing any before. Will also make a decision then whether to stick to my original 'shave off 10lb then bulk' goal or whether I decide to go for further leanness.

Very approximate planning calculations

Based on a bodyfat of 20% at 84kg, I estimate I've got around 67kg (148lb) of lean mass. So at 80kg I'd be approx 16%. To get to 12% I'd need to drop to around 76kg and I'm not really sure I can be bothered but we shall see how I feel. At this rate I'm probably 5 weeks away from 80kg

MeadxHole has a spectacular aura about. (+250) MeadxHole has a spectacular aura about. (+250) MeadxHole has a spectacular aura about. (+250) MeadxHole has a spectacular aura about. (+250) MeadxHole has a spectacular aura about. (+250) MeadxHole has a spectacular aura about. (+250) MeadxHole has a spectacular aura about. (+250) MeadxHole has a spectacular aura about. (+250) MeadxHole has a spectacular aura about. (+250) MeadxHole has a spectacular aura about. (+250) MeadxHole has a spectacular aura about. (+250)
    Keep at it! Pics are always the best estimate for BF% for me - the thread asking others for estimates keeps you honest. I should post another within a month or so and see where I'm at.

Originally Posted by MeadxHole View Post
    Keep at it! Pics are always the best estimate for BF% for me - the thread asking others for estimates keeps you honest. I should post another within a month or so and see where I'm at.
    Hallo nice to see you there, I tend to be conservative and a little over honest. Tend to overestimate to some degree (usually peoples overestimations are reality lol). For instance in my photo above I look around 17% but I know its good lighting and add I a bit so am starting from an estimate of 20%. I'm either accurate of will be happily surprised when I lean out quicker than expected aha.

In general I find photos of myself are better than the mirror.

Hope the cuts going OK your end!

safcpaul has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) safcpaul has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) safcpaul has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) safcpaul has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) safcpaul has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) safcpaul has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) safcpaul has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) safcpaul has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) safcpaul has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) safcpaul has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) safcpaul has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    Good job keep it up and good job on turning your life around. Fitness is a great addiction to keep you away from the drink and drugs crap

Originally Posted by safcpaul View Post
    Good job keep it up and good job on turning your life around. Fitness is a great addiction to keep you away from the drink and drugs crap
    Thanks bro. God yes, alot of people just see it as a cliche bit of advice to exercise and find a physical hobby. Those tend to be people who have never successfully tried it lol.

Good to see you here, feel free to stop by any time!

Luclin999 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Luclin999 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Luclin999 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Luclin999 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Luclin999 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Luclin999 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Luclin999 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Luclin999 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Luclin999 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Luclin999 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Luclin999 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000)

Based on a bodyfat of 20% at 84kg, I estimate I've got around 67kg (148lb) of lean mass. So at 80kg I'd be approx 16%. To get to 12% I'd need to drop to around 76kg and I'm not really sure I can be bothered but we shall see how I feel. At this rate I'm probably 5 weeks away from 80kg
    IMO, I'd go to the 12% range before working on adding mass.

Keep in mind that I am two inches taller than you and I ~never~ thought that I would be dropping down as low as I am (current goal 158 pounds) to strip off the fat I want to get rid of either, but even though right now I am leaner than I have been in decades, in the end I'd rather just "get it done" and move forward than to stop where I currently am.
    ~ Like Tae-Kwon-Leap, my goals are not a path to a door, but a road leading forever towards the horizon.

Originally Posted by Luclin999 View Post
    IMO, I'd go to the 12% range before working on adding mass.

Keep in mind that I am two inches taller than you and I ~never~ thought that I would be dropping down as low as I am (current goal 158 pounds) to strip off the fat I want to get rid of either, but even though right now I am leaner than I have been in decades, in the end I'd rather just "get it done" and move forward than to stop where I currently am.
    Given my past cutting tendencies I will likely do that.

I think what is skewing my judgement here is that I cut down to around 11% last year which was a total of around 30lb and when I hit my spiral I was actually in the middle of a mass gain phase. So when I piled on around 10lb of booze weight quite rapidly my initial plan was just to reset back to where I was and continue gaining. In reality though if I start a cut I usually finish it as may as well take care of it when I'm in the mood rather than add it to my "tally to be lost" later