Page 5 of 10 FirstFirst ... 3 4 5 6 7 ... LastLast
    AlexSays is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) AlexSays is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) AlexSays is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) AlexSays is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) AlexSays is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) AlexSays is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) AlexSays is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) AlexSays is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) AlexSays is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) AlexSays is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) AlexSays is a splendid one to behold. (+10000)
    Originally Posted by RTB1 View Post
    So you've gone from 187.8lb on 30 June to 175 lbs today. That's fantastic, you should be proud. Way to stick with it!

I can definitely relate to the binge drinking. I would do that and then, to make it even worse, go on a food binge as well ("drunchies" -- drunk munchies). I stopped drinking completely for a couple of years and then started up again in the last six months, but only in small quantities. I lost a lot of good years to the bottle, unfortunately. I remind myself of that any time I get the urge to get hammered (does't really happen much these days, thankfully).

It's also cool to see you can have success without being super strict. Everyone's different, and there's no one-size-fits-all solution.
    I find strictness is the enemy of sustainability although some people find it easier in the shorter term at the start in order to develop good habits

Binge drinking has never really been the problem, more a symptom of long term alcoholism trying to regain a foothold haha thanks for your encouraging words and your story. And tell me about it, I can't help but just eat any chit that springs to mind when I'm pissed. Good luck on your own journey, are you going to start a log?

Raigs has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Raigs has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Raigs has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Raigs has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Raigs has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Raigs has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Raigs has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Raigs has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Raigs has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Raigs has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Raigs has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    Originally Posted by AlexSays View Post
    Yeah I understand some people function better with different meal frequencies. Used to eat more smaller meals as I thought eating more often would be more satisfying but realised I work better with at least one large meal so I can feel full for at least some of the day. I'd rather be truly satisfied once than perpetually kind of hungry.

Think some people who are more natural grazers find the opposite where they'd rather boost their satiation in little bits as it comes?
    Agree with that 100% people are so different it’s wild.
    My “training log”
    https://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=178659261

Here to stay motivated and to motivate others

AlexSays is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) AlexSays is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) AlexSays is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) AlexSays is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) AlexSays is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) AlexSays is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) AlexSays is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) AlexSays is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) AlexSays is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) AlexSays is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) AlexSays is a splendid one to behold. (+10000)
    Originally Posted by RandyMcFlab View Post
    Best part of a stone, well done mate!
    Cheers man! Yeah am pretty happy with progress so far but starting to get that "I should just hop on a PSMF for a week or two" impatience. Facing another 4-5 weeks seems chitty at this point but gotta keep reminding myself that this isn't a huge slogging task I'm facing just a couple of daily habits I need to keep up in the background to my actual life

Today

Weighed in at 79kg/174.1lb today. Don't know if this is a bunch of deficits in the past few weeks finally coming off after all the water jiggery or whether it's just a fluctuation. Need to be more consistent so I know where I'm actually at lol. Ended up drinking a little last night and barely eating anything so I'm going to go with unhealthy loss of water haha

Workout

Went to an actual gym again today, did some real squatting in a rack and am shocked at how weak my legs have become. My squat was only ever around 115kg/253lbs in the past anyway but it's scary to have weak legs, I always just kindof assume they're pretty strong down there! I think a limiting factor was definitely my back though. 70kg didn't feel right and I'm worried I've triggered a delayed onset spasm. Either way dropped the weight

Squat set 1 70kg(154lb): 5
    Squat sets 2 and 3 65kg(143lb):5, 5
    RDL 40kg(88lb): 10, 10, 10
    Walking lunges BW + 20kg (44lb): Two lengths of the mat, total about 10 reps each leg. This was enough to thrash my legs
    Hanging raises SS with side bends 30kg(66lb): 8+8, 6+8, 6+8

Various physio exercises also

Nutrition

50g Whey isolate + 2x chocolate Weetabix and milk
    2x small chicken mayo sandwiches (1x chicken breast and 1-2tbsp lite mayo)
    Will have the chili tonight that didn't have last night

wilkinkc has a spectacular aura about. (+250) wilkinkc has a spectacular aura about. (+250) wilkinkc has a spectacular aura about. (+250) wilkinkc has a spectacular aura about. (+250) wilkinkc has a spectacular aura about. (+250) wilkinkc has a spectacular aura about. (+250) wilkinkc has a spectacular aura about. (+250) wilkinkc has a spectacular aura about. (+250) wilkinkc has a spectacular aura about. (+250) wilkinkc has a spectacular aura about. (+250) wilkinkc has a spectacular aura about. (+250)
    Nice glad to see you got to go again. It's nice having all the equipment you want at hand.

RTB1 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) RTB1 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) RTB1 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) RTB1 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) RTB1 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) RTB1 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) RTB1 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) RTB1 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) RTB1 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) RTB1 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) RTB1 has a spectacular aura about. (+250)
    I find strictness is the enemy of sustainability although some people find it easier in the shorter term at the start in order to develop good habits

Binge drinking has never really been the problem, more a symptom of long term alcoholism trying to regain a foothold haha thanks for your encouraging words and your story. And tell me about it, I can't help but just eat any chit that springs to mind when I'm pissed. Good luck on your own journey, are you going to start a log?
    Yup, for me I have had to be rigid. I've tried doing it casually and it didn't happen, so now I'm trying something new. I'll keep switching it up until I find something that works.

Here's my log where you've already given me some good advice :-)

forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=178843911

edit: Dang, guess I can't even post links to bb.com until I get a higher post count.

Yup, for me I have had to be rigid. I've tried doing it casually and it didn't happen, so now I'm trying something new. I'll keep switching it up until I find something that works.

Here's my log where you've already given me some good advice :-)

forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=178843911

edit: Dang, guess I can't even post links to bb.com until I get a higher post count.
    I'm such a spaz, yes I remember your log, may have forgotten to sub though!

You should be able to post links and see rep power after 50 posts

Today

Not even sure what weight was today or yesterday but more drinking ensued. I think day before yesterday I was still under maintenance and yesterday I may have been a little over. So damn hard to stay sober on those long evenings

Workout Push today

OHP 49kg/108lb: 5, 5, 5
    Upright row 39kg/86lb: 6, 6, 5
    Incline press 30kg/66lb DBs: 8, 8, 8
    Lat raises 10kg + DB handle: 10, 10, 10
    Floor flies 10kg + DB handle: 12, 12, 12

Nutrition

2x chicken mayo sandwich, usual formula
    Probably a whey shake soon

For dinner my girlfriend has requested something large with a lot of meat (no inuendos plz) and loads of vegetables. She's tiny and doesn't eat enough so gonna cook a massive bolognaise with extra vegetable content. Should be gorgeous and within calories so long as I don't down more than like 1100 calories of it. As it'll be cooked from scratch as is mostly veg and mince shouldn't be a problem so long as I keep the pasta helping low

Am reaching now that stage of the cut where I start to wander in terms of consistency, harder to bolt down discipline for extended periods and alcohol keeps interferring (even though I rarely exceed maintenance with it).

Just gotta keep going. Not really worried about failing just worried about this becoming more protracted than it needs to be due to pissing about

Raigs has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Raigs has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Raigs has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Raigs has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Raigs has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Raigs has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Raigs has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Raigs has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Raigs has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Raigs has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Raigs has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    OH man a homemade bolognese sounds so good! That used to be a staple in my house maybe it should come back.

Nice ohp numbers! 108 is a big number
    My “training log”

Originally Posted by Raigs View Post
    OH man a homemade bolognese sounds so good! That used to be a staple in my house maybe it should come back.

Nice ohp numbers! 108 is a big number
    Thanks man it's getting there. Can't wait to go back to maintenance/surplus. OHP used to be 132lb for 3x5 :/ Piece of advice be really careful with your lower back and form. If you phuck your lower back everything pretty much goes down the sh*tter. My squat, DL, row, OHP and even bench suffered badly

wilkinkc has a spectacular aura about. (+250) wilkinkc has a spectacular aura about. (+250) wilkinkc has a spectacular aura about. (+250) wilkinkc has a spectacular aura about. (+250) wilkinkc has a spectacular aura about. (+250) wilkinkc has a spectacular aura about. (+250) wilkinkc has a spectacular aura about. (+250) wilkinkc has a spectacular aura about. (+250) wilkinkc has a spectacular aura about. (+250) wilkinkc has a spectacular aura about. (+250) wilkinkc has a spectacular aura about. (+250)
    I'm such a spaz, yes I remember your log, may have forgotten to sub though!

You should be able to post links and see rep power after 50 posts

Today

Not even sure what weight was today or yesterday but more drinking ensued. I think day before yesterday I was still under maintenance and yesterday I may have been a little over. So damn hard to stay sober on those long evenings

Workout Push today

OHP 49kg/108lb: 5, 5, 5
    Upright row 39kg/86lb: 6, 6, 5
    Incline press 30kg/66lb DBs: 8, 8, 8
    Lat raises 10kg + DB handle: 10, 10, 10
    Floor flies 10kg + DB handle: 12, 12, 12

Nutrition

2x chicken mayo sandwich, usual formula
    Probably a whey shake soon

For dinner my girlfriend has requested something large with a lot of meat (no inuendos plz) and loads of vegetables. She's tiny and doesn't eat enough so gonna cook a massive bolognaise with extra vegetable content. Should be gorgeous and within calories so long as I don't down more than like 1100 calories of it. As it'll be cooked from scratch as is mostly veg and mince shouldn't be a problem so long as I keep the pasta helping low

Am reaching now that stage of the cut where I start to wander in terms of consistency, harder to bolt down discipline for extended periods and alcohol keeps interferring (even though I rarely exceed maintenance with it).

Just gotta keep going. Not really worried about failing just worried about this becoming more protracted than it needs to be due to pissing about

What time is dinner, I will be by, sounds amazing lol

Originally Posted by wilkinkc View Post
    What time is dinner, I will be by, sounds amazing lol
    Haha come over any time. Probs make a start in a couple of hours :P

RTB1 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) RTB1 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) RTB1 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) RTB1 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) RTB1 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) RTB1 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) RTB1 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) RTB1 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) RTB1 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) RTB1 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) RTB1 has a spectacular aura about. (+250)
    Thanks man it's getting there. Can't wait to go back to maintenance/surplus. OHP used to be 132lb for 3x5 :/ Piece of advice be really careful with your lower back and form. If you phuck your lower back everything pretty much goes down the sh*tter. My squat, DL, row, OHP and even bench suffered badly
    Ha, guess who phuked his back up at work yesterday? I felt a tweak and then did shoulder presses last night, bad move. Not terrible though, luckily nothing that will keep me out of commission.

Man, it sounds so good but I just couldn't trust myself with a bolognese while trying to cut. Over the course of many years I've found it's better for me to just go without than have a taste of something...I start with a bite and before long the whole bowl is gone! Cool that you can practice balance / moderation, maybe I'll get there someday. I actually had my first food dream this week, I was at an all-you-can-eat breakfast buffet!

Ha, guess who phuked his back up at work yesterday? I felt a tweak and then did shoulder presses last night, bad move. Not terrible though, luckily nothing that will keep me out of commission.

Man, it sounds so good but I just couldn't trust myself with a bolognese while trying to cut. Over the course of many years I've found it's better for me to just go without than have a taste of something...I start with a bite and before long the whole bowl is gone! Cool that you can practice balance / moderation, maybe I'll get there someday. I actually had my first food dream this week, I was at an all-you-can-eat breakfast buffet!
    Haha, am now officially sick of bolognaise, ended up having it for breakfast, with cheese on toast for lunch and again for dinner saturday!

Must have done something right though, today's weight was 78.6kg/173.2lb

Also look who arrived at the weekend! Meet Nox

Been so busy with him haven't had time to update! Will update later with today's log

safcpaul has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) safcpaul has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) safcpaul has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) safcpaul has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) safcpaul has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) safcpaul has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) safcpaul has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) safcpaul has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) safcpaul has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) safcpaul has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) safcpaul has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    Good job alex weight loss going well. That's a cool looking cat, doesnt look like a common cat. Vox is welcome to come visit my staffy anytime

RandyMcFlab is a jewel in the rough. (+500) RandyMcFlab is a jewel in the rough. (+500) RandyMcFlab is a jewel in the rough. (+500) RandyMcFlab is a jewel in the rough. (+500) RandyMcFlab is a jewel in the rough. (+500) RandyMcFlab is a jewel in the rough. (+500) RandyMcFlab is a jewel in the rough. (+500) RandyMcFlab is a jewel in the rough. (+500) RandyMcFlab is a jewel in the rough. (+500) RandyMcFlab is a jewel in the rough. (+500) RandyMcFlab is a jewel in the rough. (+500)
    your OHP is impressive mate nice one! and what a cool cat! i miss mine but cant get another one for a while. How old is he?

Originally Posted by RandyMcFlab View Post
    your OHP is impressive mate nice one! and what a cool cat! i miss mine but cant get another one for a while. How old is he?
    Thanks man I can feel it slowly deteriorating with the weight loss lol, hate losing energy! He's 15 weeks at the moment and he's gonna be tall when he's older so he looks pretty big atm. He's definitely a handful! Ah no did something happen? :/

Originally Posted by safcpaul View Post
    Good job alex weight loss going well. That's a cool looking cat, doesnt look like a common cat. Vox is welcome to come visit my staffy anytime
    Haha cheers dude, only if your staffy is a big softie like alot I've known :P Yeah Orientals are similar to siamese so he's short haired and will be very slender and muscular

Today

Weight was covered in the above post, looks like I'm still falling! Definition starting to look awesome in even ok lighting but will not be happy until it's good in bad lighting

Workout

Bench press... All over the place 2 reps at 82kg/181lb, 2x3 at 77kg/170lb and then a set of 6 at 67kg/148lb Just felt insanely weak on this today
    Wide grip BOR 59kg/130lb: 8, 8, 6
    OHP 42kg/93lb: 8, 8, 7
    Weighted pressups (trying to make up for failed bench press) BW + 10kg/22lb: 8, 8, 8
    Neutral grip pullups (slow reps): 6, 6, 5

Nutrition
    50g whey isolate
    2x ham and cheese sandwiches with lite mayo
    Dinner who knows

Felt a bit of a mess today, it is extremely hot where I am and just feel tired all over. Doesn't help that I didn't manage to get my last workout of last week in until Saturday so recovery may not have been in a great place either

ah well

safcpaul has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) safcpaul has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) safcpaul has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) safcpaul has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) safcpaul has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) safcpaul has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) safcpaul has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) safcpaul has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) safcpaul has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) safcpaul has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) safcpaul has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    Haha slender and muscular. Dont lie youve had the kitten on a lifting and nutrition plan already aye my staffie is soft as chite with people but turns into the devil with other animals lol. Your lifts are looking good despite your off day

Haha slender and muscular. Dont lie youve had the kitten on a lifting and nutrition plan already aye my staffie is soft as chite with people but turns into the devil with other animals lol. Your lifts are looking good despite your off day
    Haha awuh well I'D love to meet him but maybe leave Nox at home :P

Thanks man!

Haha, am now officially sick of bolognaise, ended up having it for breakfast, with cheese on toast for lunch and again for dinner saturday!

Must have done something right though, today's weight was 78.6kg/173.2lb

Also look who arrived at the weekend! Meet Nox
    [image]
    Nox has a very striking look, very cool...is he a particular breed or a mix?

Congrats on the further weight loss...and on bolognaise no less, yeah I'm jealous of both your meals and your cat

Nox has a very striking look, very cool...is he a particular breed or a mix?

Congrats on the further weight loss...and on bolognaise no less, yeah I'm jealous of both your meals and your cat
    Haha thanks man :P He's an oriental shorthair, they are so beautiful!

And cheers, falling a part a little at the moment though! Will give a less formal update because it's a rest day. Drank the past two nights, one of which I don't think I was over maintenance, one of which I definitely was. Woke up this morning looking strangely dry and lean though so maybe there was some kind of refeed and water dropping effect. Haven't bothered weighing.

Had an ok leg workout in the gym yesterday, kind of subconsciously pyramid-ed my squats as went up to 70kg but ended up dropping down again after 1 set. RDLs were at 45kg and felt ok. Did a couple of sets of front squat too. At the moment with legs I'm just kindof trying to hit the muscle to keep it there rather than following much of a programmed progression. Just do what I feel like

Have had two sandwiches today and am going to leave it at that as am slow roasting a pork loin which will likely bust the remainder of my calorie allowance for dinner

Am getting a sneaking suspicion that this is slowly turning from being 'Alex's cutting log' to 'The record of Alex's slow re-descent into alcoholism'. Either way still valuable aha

Today

Weighed in at 79.1kg/174.3lb. Not a lot to say on this front

Workout push

OHP 49kg/108lb: 5, 5, 4
    Upright row 37kg/82lb: 8, 8, 6 (may stop these, tendons don't feel good man)
    Incline DB press 30kg/66lb: 8, 8, 8
    Lat raises 10kg/22lb+handle: 8, 10, 8
    Weighted pressups BW+10kg/22lb: TBD

Nutrition

Huge hunk of roasted loin + crackling + spot of BBQ sauce
    Nectarine
    Remaining huge hunk of roasted loin + crackling + spot of BBQ sauce
    Not sure for dinner

Feel ok today, not much else to comment on. Kittens doing well!

Alex been on the protein vodka? You seem to be doing alright despite your slip ups. Must still be controlling your cals on them days. What weight are you cutting to?

Alex been on the protein vodka? You seem to be doing alright despite your slip ups. Must still be controlling your cals on them days. What weight are you cutting to?
    Haha macro vodka :P

Tbh I'm only not incurring much damage because where I can I keep it within my maintenance (and at 800 cals a bottle that isn't easy). Can feel health and strength suffering though

No idea what to cut to, until I'm happy I guess but probably don't have the patience to go much past 74kg

DanielL96 will become famous soon enough. (+50) DanielL96 will become famous soon enough. (+50) DanielL96 will become famous soon enough. (+50) DanielL96 will become famous soon enough. (+50) DanielL96 will become famous soon enough. (+50) DanielL96 will become famous soon enough. (+50) DanielL96 will become famous soon enough. (+50) DanielL96 will become famous soon enough. (+50) DanielL96 will become famous soon enough. (+50) DanielL96 will become famous soon enough. (+50) DanielL96 will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    Simple is as simple does

Originally Posted by DanielL96 View Post
    Simple is as simple does
    ...Hi?

Unsure whether that was some wisdom or an insult lol. Either way thanks for stopping by

Yeah upright rows according to Jeff are the worst exercise. Check out his alternate movement on his YouTube. I post that I do upright rows in my log only cause I don’t know what to call them

https://youtu.be/Fq67opsS_hc
    My “training log”

Originally Posted by Raigs View Post
    Yeah upright rows according to Jeff are the worst exercise. Check out his alternate movement on his YouTube. I post that I do upright rows in my log only cause I don’t know what to call them

https://youtu.be/Fq67opsS_hc
    Do you think doing them with dumbbells would decrease the issues?

Oh yeah 1000% doesn’t lock you into a path like a barbell does
    My “training log”

Haha thanks man :P He's an oriental shorthair, they are so beautiful!

And cheers, falling a part a little at the moment though! Will give a less formal update because it's a rest day. Drank the past two nights, one of which I don't think I was over maintenance, one of which I definitely was. Woke up this morning looking strangely dry and lean though so maybe there was some kind of refeed and water dropping effect. Haven't bothered weighing.

Am getting a sneaking suspicion that this is slowly turning from being 'Alex's cutting log' to 'The record of Alex's slow re-descent into alcoholism'. Either way still valuable aha
    Yeah I always thought dogs were good for picking up women, but I think with a cat like that you could probably score some as well haha...glad to hear he's still doing well.

I'm kinda curious about the drinking if you don't mind me asking...do you want to cut back or are you good with where things are? No judgment (or judgement as you prefer over there haha)

Lol @ vodka macros.

Yeah I always thought dogs were good for picking up women, but I think with a cat like that you could probably score some as well haha...glad to hear he's still doing well.

I'm kinda curious about the drinking if you don't mind me asking...do you want to cut back or are you good with where things are? No judgment (or judgement as you prefer over there haha)

Lol @ vodka macros.
    Haha have already got a girl (as of 7 years) so am ok on that front :P Now I just need to worry about the cat stealing her heart away from me lol

Regarding drinking: as an alcoholic and addict of other things, having been clean and dry for about 3-4 years, yes the drinking is a real concern and definitely not what I want to be doing! Things have only really slipped heavily this past year and am still trying to regain my sober footing (if you glance through the OP on this log there is a brief background), annoyingly despite these routine slipups this is actually the best I've been for many months (except for the first 6 weeks of cut when I was pretty much completely sober).

Regarding updates! Long time, no log

On hour 38 of a new fast and feeling good after the dreaded day 1. Weighed in at 77.5kg (170.8lb) today but huge drop was expected for day 2 of fast and is likely mostly water. Decided last time was interesting enough to repeat.

Had a decent workout yesterday but endurance was definitely shot. May take a rest day today or book in a gym session for legs. We shall see!

Hope you all are doing ok! Am going to put a nutrition section in below just because it's fun logging nutrition as a total zero haha

Nutrition

None

We here for you Man. Not sure how much help internet people can people. But we support you either way!! Get the leg day in
    My “training log”