Page 3 of 10 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 ... LastLast
    safcpaul has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) safcpaul has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) safcpaul has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) safcpaul has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) safcpaul has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) safcpaul has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) safcpaul has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) safcpaul has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) safcpaul has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) safcpaul has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) safcpaul has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    Originally Posted by AlexSays View Post
    Hallooo there, yes after spending years tracking I cbf anymore. I think somewhere subconsciously I still 'eyeball' count to some degree but in reality I know how much food is enough to lose of pretty much anything I choose to eat. And for serious wildcards (some deserts, some restaurant foods) I combine very very moderate portions with conservative estimates to a degree where I know I'm eating under whatever mental allotment I've given the meal. If that doesn't suit I just eat my fill and treat that as my single meal of the day and fill the rest in with very low cal snacks and protein shakes.

Yeah am still feeling pretty good however due to working out at home I've actually started to spread my workout throughout the day. So maybe do one or two of my compounds, then 30-60mins later do my next etc. Actually find it works better for energy and intensity on each lift than cramming all into a prescribed hour (obviously I properly warm up for each lift). Strength seems to have been increasing slowly (usually does for the first several weeks) but may be hitting the point where I'll just be maintaining from now on.
    Yeah i guess when You've counted alot it should be easy enough to eyeball the food but for me id probably end up losing too much weight and go to extremes. Ive been working out at home as well. My gyms still shut... Council run(labour) so they've said its not safe to reopen so ive quit my membership. Ive got an old bench but got a new one coming and probably the most unsafe squat racks you could probably have haha it shakes and has no safeties so I'll have to replace that lol but im making do for now

AlexSays is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) AlexSays is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) AlexSays is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) AlexSays is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) AlexSays is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) AlexSays is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) AlexSays is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) AlexSays is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) AlexSays is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) AlexSays is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) AlexSays is a splendid one to behold. (+10000)
    Originally Posted by safcpaul View Post
    Yeah i guess when You've counted alot it should be easy enough to eyeball the food but for me id probably end up losing too much weight and go to extremes. Ive been working out at home as well. My gyms still shut... Council run(labour) so they've said its not safe to reopen so ive quit my membership. Ive got an old bench but got a new one coming and probably the most unsafe squat racks you could probably have haha it shakes and has no safeties so I'll have to replace that lol but im making do for now
    I feel you brother. My new BP bench is so rickety I'm sure it's going to be what kills me in the near future.

I quit my gym too but will probably join a new one once they're open as I want to start up MMA. Then I can use the gym too for things that are annoying to do without racks (squats, OHP etc). I'm find with my squats atm as I'm keeping it light due to lower back issues but at some point I will want to progress!

Be careful with the dodgy equipment :P

AlexSays is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) AlexSays is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) AlexSays is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) AlexSays is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) AlexSays is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) AlexSays is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) AlexSays is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) AlexSays is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) AlexSays is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) AlexSays is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) AlexSays is a splendid one to behold. (+10000)
    Today

Had an interesting weekend, was decently strict on Friday and Saturday (even turned down a BBQ which would most likely have included beer). Sunday went to the zoo and then visited a family friend of my GF's family for the evening. Definitely burned a lot of calories walking around all day however certainly went a little overboard. Likely was over maintenance by 3-400 calories (either that or I'm hoping the increased TDEE for the day balanced this out to maintenance).

Predictably weighed in at something silly like 83.5kg (184lbs) today but I think this was also compounded by me waking up multiple times near morning for water.

Workout

Pretty sure I've got some mild bursitis in my elbow so did legs today as I doubt I'd be up for any pressing. Hoping it dies down soon.

Back squat 57kg/126lbs: 10, 8 decided to hike the weight up a little today, my legs are more than strong enough for it, this is all just injury rehab anyway and I'm hoping my form will spare my lower back as it is still a very low weight
    RDL 37kg/82lbs: 10, 10, 10
    Lunges BW+20kg(44lbs): 8, 8

Keeping it still lowish volume as starting to feel the impact on my body but want to keep the weight high (hate cutting). Will do some hanging raises later

Nutrition

Am dialing back the calories a little today just to absorb a little over the calories from yesterday, am going to IF until 2pm but then plan on having:

60g whey isolate + satsuma + kiwi
    3-4 egg omelette with an onion and some cheese
    A moderate dinner around 800 estimated cals

RandyMcFlab is a jewel in the rough. (+500) RandyMcFlab is a jewel in the rough. (+500) RandyMcFlab is a jewel in the rough. (+500) RandyMcFlab is a jewel in the rough. (+500) RandyMcFlab is a jewel in the rough. (+500) RandyMcFlab is a jewel in the rough. (+500) RandyMcFlab is a jewel in the rough. (+500) RandyMcFlab is a jewel in the rough. (+500) RandyMcFlab is a jewel in the rough. (+500) RandyMcFlab is a jewel in the rough. (+500) RandyMcFlab is a jewel in the rough. (+500)
    you mentioned about how you woke up for water and it effected your weight, sounds very true, i lose half a pound from 7am to 8am each day it seems just through water weight!

Well done on skipping the BBQ, as nice as they can be it would be really hard not to go overboard.

Originally Posted by RandyMcFlab View Post
    you mentioned about how you woke up for water and it effected your weight, sounds very true, i lose half a pound from 7am to 8am each day it seems just through water weight!

Well done on skipping the BBQ, as nice as they can be it would be really hard not to go overboard.
    Exactly this, when I wake up at 7:30 to go into the office I'm about 1.5lbs heavier than when I wake up at 8:30 to work from home! Mad

Today

Weighed in at 80.5kg (177.5lbs) so looks like I'm stabilizing again. Ate pretty low calorie yesterday so probably helped to siphon off the water.

No workout and may have to stop working out all together for this week as my elbow is well and truly f*cked. Very painful and swollen. Dr Definitely thinks it is Bursitis

Actually know what I'm going to be eating today!

Nutrition

5x boiled eggs + kiwi + Satsuma
    2x ham and cheese sandwiches
    24g whey isolate
    1x duck breast, fried potatoes, boiled runner beans and going to invent an oriental style plum sauce for the duck

Still feeling on track

safcpaul has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) safcpaul has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) safcpaul has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) safcpaul has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) safcpaul has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) safcpaul has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) safcpaul has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) safcpaul has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) safcpaul has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) safcpaul has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) safcpaul has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    Exactly this, when I wake up at 7:30 to go into the office I'm about 1.5lbs heavier than when I wake up at 8:30 to work from home! Mad

Today

Weighed in at 80.5kg (177.5lbs) so looks like I'm stabilizing again. Ate pretty low calorie yesterday so probably helped to siphon off the water.

No workout and may have to stop working out all together for this week as my elbow is well and truly f*cked. Very painful and swollen. Dr Definitely thinks it is Bursitis

Actually know what I'm going to be eating today!

Nutrition

5x boiled eggs + kiwi + Satsuma
    2x ham and cheese sandwiches
    24g whey isolate
    1x duck breast, fried potatoes, boiled runner beans and going to invent an oriental style plum sauce for the duck

Still feeling on track
    I know all about elbow pain. Had it for years in my right elbow from boxing years ago. I cant do any overhead tricep work or it would flair up. I just work my triceps as a secondary muscle in compounds with the occasional tricep dips between 2 benches. Hope it feels better soon

I know all about elbow pain. Had it for years in my right elbow from boxing years ago. I cant do any overhead tricep work or it would flair up. I just work my triceps as a secondary muscle in compounds with the occasional tricep dips between 2 benches. Hope it feels better soon
    Feels a little better today but agree will be more careful with pressing/extension once it calms down (I believe push is much more likely to be the cause than pull). Ah well Managed to get some BORs in yesterday and they didn't seem to affect it but when I tried to do some wide grip pullups it didn't feel great. I think it's because the negatives are fairy elbow heavy on them.

Today

80.7kg (177.9lb) pretty sure I was within my calories yesterday but had a pretty luxurious, sodium rich dinner (duck with homemade plum sauce and some seriously fatty fried potatoes) which is probably still gypping with my water. Will probably eat fairly plain today to encourage it to stabilize. Hoping for a whoosh soon.

Nutrition will just be more whey isolate, some fruit, sandwiches and not sure about dinner but considering burgers.

Workout will probably still be non-existent. Might try and slot in some kind of pull exercise if my elbow feels it can handle it

On a brighter note visited my kitten for the second time yesterday! He's a black oriental shorthair and gonna be picking him up on the 22nd, cannot wait. It's mine and my gf's first real pet Will post picks when he arrives

Wink

Feels a little better today but agree will be more careful with pressing/extension once it calms down (I believe push is much more likely to be the cause than pull). Ah well Managed to get some BORs in yesterday and they didn't seem to affect it but when I tried to do some wide grip pullups it didn't feel great. I think it's because the negatives are fairy elbow heavy on them.

Today

80.7kg (177.9lb) pretty sure I was within my calories yesterday but had a pretty luxurious, sodium rich dinner (duck with homemade plum sauce and some seriously fatty fried potatoes) which is probably still gypping with my water. Will probably eat fairly plain today to encourage it to stabilize. Hoping for a whoosh soon.

Nutrition will just be more whey isolate, some fruit, sandwiches and not sure about dinner but considering burgers.

Workout will probably still be non-existent. Might try and slot in some kind of pull exercise if my elbow feels it can handle it

On a brighter note visited my kitten for the second time yesterday! He's a black oriental shorthair and gonna be picking him up on the 22nd, cannot wait. It's mine and my gf's first real pet Will post picks when he arrives
    Key is to consistently eat high sodium foods so you dont get them fluctuations haha

Key is to consistently eat high sodium foods so you dont get them fluctuations haha
    LOL yes good shout, now where are my saltines :P

HelixFuse will become famous soon enough. (+50) HelixFuse will become famous soon enough. (+50) HelixFuse will become famous soon enough. (+50) HelixFuse will become famous soon enough. (+50) HelixFuse will become famous soon enough. (+50) HelixFuse will become famous soon enough. (+50) HelixFuse will become famous soon enough. (+50) HelixFuse will become famous soon enough. (+50) HelixFuse will become famous soon enough. (+50) HelixFuse will become famous soon enough. (+50) HelixFuse will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    Keep it up man! Love your dedication and motivation.

You got this (Y)

RandyMcFlab is a jewel in the rough. (+500) RandyMcFlab is a jewel in the rough. (+500) RandyMcFlab is a jewel in the rough. (+500) RandyMcFlab is a jewel in the rough. (+500) RandyMcFlab is a jewel in the rough. (+500) RandyMcFlab is a jewel in the rough. (+500) RandyMcFlab is a jewel in the rough. (+500) RandyMcFlab is a jewel in the rough. (+500) RandyMcFlab is a jewel in the rough. (+500) RandyMcFlab is a jewel in the rough. (+500) RandyMcFlab is a jewel in the rough. (+500)
    thats awesome man, love cats! deffo need kitten pics lol..

thats awesome man, love cats! deffo need kitten pics lol..
    Pics will be forthcoming later in the month, he is already friggin gorgeous

Right am going to upload a progress pic now, got a sunny day so thought why the hell not

Just FYI this is about 8lbs down from first photo on first page and about 10lbs down from start

Attached Images

Good going man can see more definition in abs/obliques.

Good going man can see more definition in abs/obliques.
    Cheers man. Yeah can definitely see slightly more definition (although maybe the lighting was a little too good in the first photo lol). Main thing is love handles have deflated a little and overall look a little slimmer. Hoping for real definition to start to appear over the next 10lbs or so

I see quite a big difference there. Youve noticeably lost weight in your face aswell. Well done. Would rep you if i could but for some reason i still cant

Never really know what the limit is for spread? Still on spread with you too

Yeah man am loving those face losses, I care more about getting some nice angles up there than I do about abs haha

TODAY

80.2kg (176.8lb) today, looks like the water's pissed off (pun intended) and back on track again.

Workout

Strange this week, due to elbow I've been scattering a couple of sets of compounds in whenever I feel up to them. For instance did some dumbell rows (30kg/66lb) yesterday and a couple of sets of pullups. Elbow is starting to feel better today so unsure whether I'll throw something in today or wait till tomorrow. I've gone from spreading each workout throughout the day since I've been working out at home, to spreading my workout throughout the week at random. Hopefully will be able to be more regimented from next week.

Nutrition

50g Whey isolate + plum + satsuma this morning.
    In the office today so will be my double shop bought sandwiches for lunch and don't know about dinner

Hate injuries my updates are so sparse these days as I have no workouts worth discussing

Motivation is certainly hitting the '2 month' dip. Can feel the hunger nipping at my willpower and the almost absent minded plan forming to eat something outside my calories. Always the lamest stage of a cut for me but always make it through without too much trouble and the mind games are expected and therefore less effective

wilkinkc has a spectacular aura about. (+250) wilkinkc has a spectacular aura about. (+250) wilkinkc has a spectacular aura about. (+250) wilkinkc has a spectacular aura about. (+250) wilkinkc has a spectacular aura about. (+250) wilkinkc has a spectacular aura about. (+250) wilkinkc has a spectacular aura about. (+250) wilkinkc has a spectacular aura about. (+250) wilkinkc has a spectacular aura about. (+250) wilkinkc has a spectacular aura about. (+250) wilkinkc has a spectacular aura about. (+250)
    I hear ya on the motivation. My weight loss has slowed so much compared to the first month-month and a half. But we have to keep pressing on. I'm excited to get some new equipment I bought. Will finally be able to start uping the weight on a lot of lifts that I currently can't with the dumbbells I have.

Keep your head in there bro, don't cave. Just remind yourself once you hit the mark you have set for yourself its calorie SURPLUS time lol, or maintenance anyways (not sure your plans).

TODAY

80.2kg (176.8lb) today, looks like the water's pissed off (pun intended) and back on track again.

Workout

Strange this week, due to elbow I've been scattering a couple of sets of compounds in whenever I feel up to them. For instance did some dumbell rows (30kg/66lb) yesterday and a couple of sets of pullups. Elbow is starting to feel better today so unsure whether I'll throw something in today or wait till tomorrow. I've gone from spreading each workout throughout the day since I've been working out at home, to spreading my workout throughout the week at random. Hopefully will be able to be more regimented from next week.

Nutrition

50g Whey isolate + plum + satsuma this morning.
    In the office today so will be my double shop bought sandwiches for lunch and don't know about dinner

Hate injuries my updates are so sparse these days as I have no workouts worth discussing

Motivation is certainly hitting the '2 month' dip. Can feel the hunger nipping at my willpower and the almost absent minded plan forming to eat something outside my calories. Always the lamest stage of a cut for me but always make it through without too much trouble and the mind games are expected and therefore less effective
    Nearly there now mate keep it up. As for the rep spread i read somewhere its after 40 reps/negs apparently

Nearly there now mate keep it up. As for the rep spread i read somewhere its after 40 reps/negs apparently
    Jesus christ! Long AF. Ah well, better start repping/negging people lol

Yeah I think I may have to be in it for another 6 weeks or so to get to where I would like to be. In bad light I'm still looking like chit so would hesitate to even say I'm below 18% yet. We shall see

Jesus christ! Long AF. Ah well, better start repping/negging people lol

Yeah I think I may have to be in it for another 6 weeks or so to get to where I would like to be. In bad light I'm still looking like chit so would hesitate to even say I'm below 18% yet. We shall see
    Haha aye and nah mate you're lower than 18. Out of curiosity what part of the UK are you from?

Haha aye and nah mate you're lower than 18. Out of curiosity what part of the UK are you from?
    From Hampshire, currently live in Suffolk

hmm I dunno, that is VERY favorable lighting

Originally Posted by wilkinkc View Post
    I hear ya on the motivation. My weight loss has slowed so much compared to the first month-month and a half. But we have to keep pressing on. I'm excited to get some new equipment I bought. Will finally be able to start uping the weight on a lot of lifts that I currently can't with the dumbbells I have.

Keep your head in there bro, don't cave. Just remind yourself once you hit the mark you have set for yourself its calorie SURPLUS time lol, or maintenance anyways (not sure your plans).
    I've found the barbell is my friend for home workouts so I've been focusing on accumulating weights for that. Got a really chitty bench for like £80 which is dangerous as hell but will have to do!

I'll be ok, thanks for the encouragement! Haha unfortunately I often get a bit too SURPLUS TIME after a cut and my discipline with my surplus goes out the window very very quickly. Am going to try and keep myself to maintenance after this cut for 3-4 weeks to let my latent, built up hunger signals settle down, regain my glycogen and generally get to a point where I feel satisfied with a normal amount of food. Then it is bulk time :P

Originally Posted by HelixFuse View Post
    Keep it up man! Love your dedication and motivation.

You got this (Y)
    Thanks bro!! We all gonna make it

TODAY

Had a bit of a bad night last night, vodka and some other stuffs. Was still under calories I believe but weighed in at 80.2kg (176.8lb) which I believe is down to some bloat.

Workout

Decided to risk some pressing today, dumbbell weights are given per dumbbell btw not total and do not include the weight of the handle (only weights 1-2lbs anyway)

Dumbbell BP 30kg/66lb: 8, 8, 8
    Incline dumbbell BP 30kg/66lb: 6, 6, 6

Am trying to ease myself back into these exercises as haven't used DBs for this for a long time. Could have lifted more but also not confident in the stability of my bench. Kicking the DBs back and up was already nerve wracking enough

Nutrition

50g Whey isolate, satsuma, plum
    1 ham and cheese roll
    1 burger in a roll with cheese and ketchup
    Probably hunters chicken for dinner

Got friends coming over this weekend. Will probably end up eating out, maybe drinking. Will eat very light during the day Saturday to minimise any damage done in the evening. Can't guarantee I'll be under maintenance however

Raigs has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Raigs has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Raigs has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Raigs has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Raigs has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Raigs has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Raigs has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Raigs has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Raigs has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Raigs has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Raigs has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    I’m in! Sucks your elbow is bothering you. I’m a firm believer in cbd rub. Idk if that’s something you have tried out.

Hope you stayed somewhat healthy yesterday when eating out 😅

Originally Posted by Raigs View Post
    I’m in! Sucks your elbow is bothering you. I’m a firm believer in cbd rub. Idk if that’s something you have tried out.

Hope you stayed somewhat healthy yesterday when eating out 😅
    Thanks maynne. Eating out is tomorrow, yesterday was just a bit of a drinking relapse Hopefully I'll still be healthy on Monday!

I will look into it, am a firm disbeliever in CBD oil however so can't promise I'll give it a shot :P

Raigs has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Raigs has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Raigs has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Raigs has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Raigs has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Raigs has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Raigs has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Raigs has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Raigs has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Raigs has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Raigs has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    We here for you to keep you motivated to stay healthy. Do your friends support you to be healthy or are they enablers?

Everyone has an opinion on cbd. I’m not one
    To force products onto people 😀

Thanks, you guys are definitely awesome for motivation! Never had a log before but am always gonna do it this way in future

Think scales are starting to give ip. Weighed in at 78.7kg initially but it kept jumping.

Finally got a decent reading of 80.1kg which seems right.

Have a good weekend guys! About to have a fried breakfast. Sausage, bacon, egg, black pudding , fried egg, beans etc. All should fit within todays calories

That breakfast sounds awesome. Enjoy it. I think that would blow my calories for the day haha