SixGod11 is on a distinguished road. (+10)

Looking for some advice.

Hey guys,

Started Keto 3+ weeks ago. I am a female, 32 years old, 5'7 and 202lbs.

Possibly worth noting, My husband put me on to Keto after being stumped about my lack of weight loss in a regular deficit. He's a 6+ year bodybuilder/powerlifter and has a real knack for nutrition and all things fitness. He's dropped over 150+lbs in the past being in a deficit along with cardio and weights. We both track my food and I am always in a great deficit at the end of the week.

So I did some research and was super hyped about starting this journey! I thought "finally, I can lose all this crazy weight that everybody talks about and maybe bring down some inflammation in my body!" (I suffer from chronic pain all over + fairly bad scoliosis, anything would be great to help it)

I imagine I'm going to be bombarded with such responses as "you're probably eating too much!" and "are you actually in ketosis?!" I can assure you. My deficit some days is very large, while other days at the very worst ~500 below maintenance. I also do IF and eat in a 4-6 hour window when I get home from work. I can tell you confidently, I do not eat a lot. No nuts, crazy amounts of oil, nothing. High satiety foods with low cal returns. My NEAT is very high. I'm moving all day. I also use the keto strips. I'm often the darkest reading or in the optimal range.

I'm down a total of 2, maybe 3lbs. Assuming this is probably just "water-weight" even it being so small of an amount. What gives? In anyone's experience, are their any useful things I should get checked out? Anything else I can try? I'm so frustrated with always giving things my all and almost seeing no results. Based on a lot of other users on here and all around anecdotal experiences with Keto I am not getting anywhere in comparison! It makes me want to break down and cry.

Thanks in advance guys!

latverian41 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) latverian41 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) latverian41 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) latverian41 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) latverian41 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) latverian41 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) latverian41 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) latverian41 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) latverian41 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) latverian41 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) latverian41 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    Welcome to the misc.

Now that the pleasantries are out of the way if your husband is a bobybuilder and power lifter like you say why dont you consult him?

You can find good information here and even at times solid advice but its come and go.

After 3 weeks on keto you should not only be seeing results by now but you should be feeling pretty good and have energy.

Around the 2 week mark for me on keto is when i start feeling great. . ive never used keto though for prolonged weight loss. Ive always just stayed in a good deficit and worked out and used keto at the end to break my stale and get the last few pounds
    "it takes a wise man to know when he is in error and a noble man to admit to it"

SixGod11 is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    Originally Posted by latverian41 View Post
    Welcome to the misc.

Now that the pleasantries are out of the way if your husband is a bobybuilder and power lifter like you say why dont you consult him?

You can find good information here and even at times solid advice but its come and go.
    Thank you.

I have consulted with him and we've tried to brainstorm what the issue could be, but we are stumped! It just doesn't make sense why I don't lose the weight.

nestbrother is a jewel in the rough. (+500) nestbrother is a jewel in the rough. (+500) nestbrother is a jewel in the rough. (+500) nestbrother is a jewel in the rough. (+500) nestbrother is a jewel in the rough. (+500) nestbrother is a jewel in the rough. (+500) nestbrother is a jewel in the rough. (+500) nestbrother is a jewel in the rough. (+500) nestbrother is a jewel in the rough. (+500) nestbrother is a jewel in the rough. (+500) nestbrother is a jewel in the rough. (+500)
    Seeing as you've stated you don't want to hear the 'you're not tracking properly/youre eating too much' responses - Go to the doctor.
    may god forgive me

SuffolkPunch has the mod powerz SuffolkPunch has the mod powerz SuffolkPunch has the mod powerz SuffolkPunch has the mod powerz SuffolkPunch has the mod powerz SuffolkPunch has the mod powerz SuffolkPunch has the mod powerz SuffolkPunch has the mod powerz SuffolkPunch has the mod powerz SuffolkPunch has the mod powerz SuffolkPunch has the mod powerz
    3lbs in 3 weeks seems about right.

CommitmentRulz has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) CommitmentRulz has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) CommitmentRulz has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) CommitmentRulz has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) CommitmentRulz has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) CommitmentRulz has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) CommitmentRulz has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) CommitmentRulz has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) CommitmentRulz has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) CommitmentRulz has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) CommitmentRulz has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    OP, what brand of kitchen scales do you weigh ALL of your food with?

AlexSays is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) AlexSays is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) AlexSays is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) AlexSays is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) AlexSays is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) AlexSays is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) AlexSays is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) AlexSays is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) AlexSays is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) AlexSays is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) AlexSays is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500)
    Perhaps you are overestimating the effectiveness of keto. Helps drop water and some people find it more satiating (or just works better as an eating plan for them), but please please please realise that it will result in no greater fat loss than another 'diet'.

You've lost 3lb, i'm not sure what the problem is here. Keep it up and you will lose more. Don't expect magical and instant results, it will take a while to cut the amount i imagine you are looking to. Even when you give it your 'all', fat loss is a marathon, not a sprint. It should be steady not a '4 week fix'. Also as a female who isn't a bodybuilder (yet) you will naturally carry far less muscle mass than even the average man and far far far less than your husband, meaning that fat loss is likely to be slower for you initially as his basal rate and NEAT will be naturally a great deal higher than yours. So don't compare results with his. The better news is that on a smaller frame, smaller losses in fat will be more visible in the long run.

Just keep doing what you're doing, if in a couple of weeks you haven't lost any further weight it may be time to (forgive me) review your TDEE and your calories with a fine toothed comb to see where the problem is.

PS one last note, are you weighing in the morning every time, after a pee and BEFORE you consume any food or water? This is the only time you are likely to get a semi consistent result. Once you start putting things into your body your weight could be anything. The difference between a small bowl of cereal and a large bowl of cereal + a glass of water can be over a pound.

Train hard play harder Tommy W.'s Avatar
    Tommy W. has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) Tommy W. has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) Tommy W. has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) Tommy W. has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) Tommy W. has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) Tommy W. has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) Tommy W. has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) Tommy W. has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) Tommy W. has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) Tommy W. has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) Tommy W. has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000)
    After 3 weeks if you're 3 lbs lighter and it has been gradual then that's about right. If the 3 lbs came off the first week then you've stalled the other 2 weeks then you just lost water. Give it a little more time, another week perhaps. Sometimes when you lose fat your homeostasis system compensates by adding water back in. If no loss in another week or so you just don't have the deficit you thought you did. There's nothing magic about KETO or IF as fatloss will always come down to a weekly\monthly\yearly calorie deficit.

At your weight you can run a pretty big deficit until you lean out a bit. That is generally a good idea as losing too slowly and you'll be dieting forever however understand that if and when you realize your goal that you can't go back to your previous way of eating or the fat will go right back on.
    If you don't get what you want you didn't want it bad enough

Luclin999 is a name known to all. (+5000) Luclin999 is a name known to all. (+5000) Luclin999 is a name known to all. (+5000) Luclin999 is a name known to all. (+5000) Luclin999 is a name known to all. (+5000) Luclin999 is a name known to all. (+5000) Luclin999 is a name known to all. (+5000) Luclin999 is a name known to all. (+5000) Luclin999 is a name known to all. (+5000) Luclin999 is a name known to all. (+5000) Luclin999 is a name known to all. (+5000)
    If you are down 3 pounds in three weeks, then your net deficit each day is "500 calories".

The problem seems to be that you are under the impression that eating "Keto" will automatically cause weight loss. It does not. Only a calorie deficit will cause you to lose fat and the only way to insure that you are in an actual deficit (even on "Keto") is to weight/measure/log literally everything going into your mouth.

Because if you don't do that then you are just guessing as to the number of actual calories that you are eating each day. (which typically means little to no weight loss).

Also note, that a permanent change in weight/fat requires a permanent change in diet, activity levels and eating habits. One that is sustainable for literally the rest of your life. So unless you plan to follow the "keto lifestyle" forever you may wish to consider some other method for re-training yourself as you lose the weight.
    ~ Like Tae-Kwon-Leap, my goals are not a path to a door, but a road leading forever towards the horizon.