IndominusXCI has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) IndominusXCI has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) IndominusXCI has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) IndominusXCI has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) IndominusXCI has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) IndominusXCI has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) IndominusXCI has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) IndominusXCI has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) IndominusXCI has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) IndominusXCI has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) IndominusXCI has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10)

80day fat loss journey till wedding

hey guys, new here and thought about making a log.

I was 96kg at my heaviest when covid19 started. Made a push towards 89kg and now 3 weeks stable but also my fault cause diet lacked these last 3 weeks but now slowly getting there again
    My skinniest was 70kg 6years ago after that, injuries + binging habbits occured and well 96kg + stretchmarks in abdomen area are a late wake up call but a wakeup call nontheless.. i mary in 80 days and wanna hope to get to 80kg IF possible but not rushing it. Aslong as it reduced Im happy and then afterwards gonna keep grinding until I get happy with my results

Workout starting friday (been messing around these last 2 weeks)
    Viking bare bones full body

Was thinking between this and the upper lower version but i need to bump my strength back up so full body makes the most logical sense
    Might do 2x hiit sessions after training and on off days 1h walk with a 30min walk after 1 training session, or rowing depends on how I feel cause I wanna get good at rowing since I am liking it as a cardio tool (light impact/full body)

Kcals are 1900, 140p, 190c, 68f aprox. Started with 2200 and now reducing it
    Biggest struggles, weekends. When my girl and I are together we like going out and eat but I dont eat 1 thing, my binging tries and take over and this is my biggest struggle so far which I want to control even on weekends by myself when she works I struggle, mostly after pastried and soda (cola) which are what I mostly indulge in

80 days arent alot but gonna make it work, buying the suit in 70ish days so hope it fits and looks well by then (I know, i wont be chissled or anything but a slimmer wait is always welcome, I can focus on more muscle/getting shredded later)

Fat% id say... above 20% i will send each week a check in of measurements and weight. Might take a weekly picture too.

Specials: slight tenniselbow which I suffer 2 years from, did some cortisona shots and nearly a surgery but it was healing but it still lingers, work aint a big help since I use my arms alot and have to pick heavy object here and there.
    Supplements: whey (mostly used once a day in oats/cereals) omega 3, multi, collagen+, vitamin d3 and psylium husk

Anyways, thats about it.

Name is Dimitri
    Born in Belgium, raised in spain but atm in Belgium again
    29yo next month, 169cm tall (or short however u see it)
    Hobbies: gaming(ps4), motorbike riding, sports

Nice to meet you all who come here and check this out. I will check in daily/ every 2 days but main priority is everyday

AlexSays is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) AlexSays is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) AlexSays is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) AlexSays is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) AlexSays is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) AlexSays is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) AlexSays is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) AlexSays is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) AlexSays is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) AlexSays is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) AlexSays is a splendid one to behold. (+10000)
    Good luck dude, seems like you've made a lot of good decisions: finding a good beginners routine, not having unrealistic expectations, a commitment to a journey that you accept is going to last longer than the 80 days, keeping a good eye on your nutrition.

I'll be subscribing so at least you know if you stop posting I will be upset! Might help with adherence :P

Reckon 6kg in 80 days is a realistic goal so long as you stick to it. How much are you losing per week at the moment? Also just out of interest what has caused you to lower your calories?

IndominusXCI has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) IndominusXCI has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) IndominusXCI has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) IndominusXCI has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) IndominusXCI has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) IndominusXCI has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) IndominusXCI has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) IndominusXCI has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) IndominusXCI has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) IndominusXCI has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) IndominusXCI has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10)
    Originally Posted by AlexSays View Post
    Good luck dude, seems like you've made a lot of good decisions: finding a good beginners routine, not having unrealistic expectations, a commitment to a journey that you accept is going to last longer than the 80 days, keeping a good eye on your nutrition.

I'll be subscribing so at least you know if you stop posting I will be upset! Might help with adherence :P

Reckon 6kg in 80 days is a realistic goal so long as you stick to it. How much are you losing per week at the moment? Also just out of interest what has caused you to lower your calories?
    I seem to get access denied trying to reply this..

Thanks for the support man, im losing 0.5 to 1kg a week, it has been abit unstable last 3 weeks cause of bad habits but weight hasnt gone up drastic

I had a coach who set me up at 2200, after 2 months he went to 1700 which imo was way to low 1900 seems a good number seeing I will got 3x to the gym with some walking as cardio MAYBE 2x HIIT on mondays and fridays after weights (elliptical probably since its easy on the joints, was thinking about rowing but not sure about that) will check how weight loss goes, this week has been a testing week in the gym for weights
    Atm lifts are as follow

Squats 55kg / 122lbs
    Bench 40kg / 88lbs
    Barbell rows 35kg / 77lbs
    Deadlifts 65kg / 143lbs
    Ohp 22.5kg / 49.5lbs

Not spectacular weights but its my first time in the gym since nearly a year (surgery and tenniselbow injury which still lingers)

Next week will follow the VBB rules, each workout = increase until it slows down then every 2 or 3 weeks like he mentioned in his topic, still scrolling through it to be sure I dont miss any important info/questions

Only thing I am wondering if I start a topic or not, wouldnt it be better for me to go 4x5/6 for compounds instead 4/3x8? Not sure what the difference might be 5 to 6 reps vs 8 to 10

Today weighed myself.

88 to 87.5kg will recheck tomorrow
    104cm hips/waist (my biggest focus on measurement this HAS to go down otherwise I wont be happy cause I think I aint doing well)

Had 2 split it in 2, otherwise I get the access denied thingy.. weird

AlexSays is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) AlexSays is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) AlexSays is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) AlexSays is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) AlexSays is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) AlexSays is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) AlexSays is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) AlexSays is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) AlexSays is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) AlexSays is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) AlexSays is a splendid one to behold. (+10000)
    Hey,

Yeah I often get random access denials when I try to reply to things. Makes me paranoid that my work are somehow monitoring the websites I visit (so glad to hear someone has the same problem!)

Just my 2c but if you're losing at a good rate on higher calories then there is no point in dropping them. 'The lighter you get the lower your metabolism is' is true to some extent but mainly a broscience myth. And golden rule number one is that PTs/coaches are absolutely terrible for parroting broscience myths. Maybe if you lost 40lb (18ish kg) plus several lb of muscle your daily expenditure might reduce by 1-200 cals but it is nowhere near as extreme as is often made out to be and will likely be offset by increased acitivity and mobility that comes with being leaner.

And dude ALL weights lifted are good weights, so long as they are going up it doesn't matter where you start the story

Keep it up!

Originally Posted by AlexSays View Post
    Hey,

Yeah I often get random access denials when I try to reply to things. Makes me paranoid that my work are somehow monitoring the websites I visit (so glad to hear someone has the same problem!)

Just my 2c but if you're losing at a good rate on higher calories then there is no point in dropping them. 'The lighter you get the lower your metabolism is' is true to some extent but mainly a broscience myth. And golden rule number one is that PTs/coaches are absolutely terrible for parroting broscience myths. Maybe if you lost 40lb (18ish kg) plus several lb of muscle your daily expenditure might reduce by 1-200 cals but it is nowhere near as extreme as is often made out to be and will likely be offset by increased acitivity and mobility that comes with being leaner.

And dude ALL weights lifted are good weights, so long as they are going up it doesn't matter where you start the story

Keep it up!
    Yeah I will keep it in check, if I go too much down inna week ill bump up otherwise keep em as they are if weightlose is there, any advice is always welcome!

Any tips if I should best start with compounds with 5 to 6 reps or keep them as they are in the program? I know switching isnt good since its a sticky and apparently good program from viking, just wondered if 8 reps would be overkill for me to start with specially while trying to lose fat or what the benefits of said rep ranges are

Im ready to get started, tomorrow is a rest day, sunday active rest day with some walking with the fiance then monday back to the grind and fire this log up

Originally Posted by IndominusXCI View Post
    Yeah I will keep it in check, if I go too much down inna week ill bump up otherwise keep em as they are if weightlose is there, any advice is always welcome!

Any tips if I should best start with compounds with 5 to 6 reps or keep them as they are in the program? I know switching isnt good since its a sticky and apparently good program from viking, just wondered if 8 reps would be overkill for me to start with specially while trying to lose fat or what the benefits of said rep ranges are

Im ready to get started, tomorrow is a rest day, sunday active rest day with some walking with the fiance then monday back to the grind and fire this log up
    If you're running a program stick to the reps, they are there for a reason. Higher reps = lower weight so no shouldn't be overkill, you are just getting your intensity from higher volume rather than heavier weight.

Also the difference between 5-6 reps and 8 reps is minimal. This whole 'hypertrophy vs strength' broscience is far less of a reality than alot of people parrot (there's a good sticky about it in either the exercise or workout program forum, can't remember which). Additionally fat lost vs muscle gain makes no difference to how you should train. Training to maintain muscle is essentially the same as training to gain it. The muscles are just less likely to be larger after recovery if in a deficit. At your weight there is a chance you will see some moderate muscle gains in your first couple of months of training but this will likely peter out the lower your bodyfat becomes. After that just stick to the program to keep what you have built.

Day 1

Weekend is behind me now, i think I didnt eat that much but will know friday/saturday how the effect is. Weighed 87kg saturday morning

I decided to go with F5 full body since my tennis elbow is hurting and didnt want to push it in terms of volume, havent felt it while working out so Im happy

Day A

Squats 57.5kg 3x5
    Bench press 42.5kg 3x5
    Pendlay rows 35kg 3x8
    Face pulls 14kg 3x10
    Calf press 27.3kg 2x12
    Tricep pushdowns 18kg 2x10
    Reverse negative wrist curls 3x15 ( to strengthen the tennis elbow, 14th july seeing a well known PT here so he can check it out)

Kcals I think I am abovr 1900, tracked everything but the final meal mightve eaten something above what I tracked so imo 2000/2100 kcals. Tomorrow gonna walk for an hour, will see what the end of the week gives in terms of weight+measurements

screaminggoat67 is not very well liked. (-100) screaminggoat67 is not very well liked. (-100) screaminggoat67 is not very well liked. (-100) screaminggoat67 is not very well liked. (-100) screaminggoat67 is not very well liked. (-100) screaminggoat67 is not very well liked. (-100) screaminggoat67 is not very well liked. (-100) screaminggoat67 is not very well liked. (-100) screaminggoat67 is not very well liked. (-100) screaminggoat67 is not very well liked. (-100) screaminggoat67 is not very well liked. (-100)
    hey guys, new here and thought about making a log.

I was 96kg at my heaviest when covid19 started. Made a push towards 89kg and now 3 weeks stable but also my fault cause diet lacked these last 3 weeks but now slowly getting there again
    My skinniest was 70kg 6years ago after that, injuries + binging habbits occured and well 96kg + stretchmarks in abdomen area are a late wake up call but a wakeup call nontheless.. i mary in 80 days and wanna hope to get to 80kg IF possible but not rushing it. Aslong as it reduced Im happy and then afterwards gonna keep grinding until I get happy with my results

Workout starting friday (been messing around these last 2 weeks)
    Viking bare bones full body

Was thinking between this and the upper lower version but i need to bump my strength back up so full body makes the most logical sense
    Might do 2x hiit sessions after training and on off days 1h walk with a 30min walk after 1 training session, or rowing depends on how I feel cause I wanna get good at rowing since I am liking it as a cardio tool (light impact/full body)

Kcals are 1900, 140p, 190c, 68f aprox. Started with 2200 and now reducing it
    Biggest struggles, weekends. When my girl and I are together we like going out and eat but I dont eat 1 thing, my binging tries and take over and this is my biggest struggle so far which I want to control even on weekends by myself when she works I struggle, mostly after pastried and soda (cola) which are what I mostly indulge in

80 days arent alot but gonna make it work, buying the suit in 70ish days so hope it fits and looks well by then (I know, i wont be chissled or anything but a slimmer wait is always welcome, I can focus on more muscle/getting shredded later)

Fat% id say... above 20% i will send each week a check in of measurements and weight. Might take a weekly picture too.

Specials: slight tenniselbow which I suffer 2 years from, did some cortisona shots and nearly a surgery but it was healing but it still lingers, work aint a big help since I use my arms alot and have to pick heavy object here and there.
    Supplements: whey (mostly used once a day in oats/cereals) omega 3, multi, collagen+, vitamin d3 and psylium husk

Anyways, thats about it.

Name is Dimitri
    Born in Belgium, raised in spain but atm in Belgium again
    29yo next month, 169cm tall (or short however u see it)
    Hobbies: gaming(ps4), motorbike riding, sports

Nice to meet you all who come here and check this out. I will check in daily/ every 2 days but main priority is everyday
    Good luck bro

Originally Posted by screaminggoat67 View Post
    Good luck bro
    Thanks man!

tomorrowsjoe has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) tomorrowsjoe has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) tomorrowsjoe has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) tomorrowsjoe has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10)
    Thanks man!
    Calories are too high. Your weekly average needs to be 1800 per day max.

try 5:2 too. Two days at 600 calories. Weight will melt off.

I lost 4st in 2018 this way over 4 months and never put it back on.

I’m now a lot fitter, leaner and do free weights 4/5 times a week.

Originally Posted by tomorrowsjoe View Post
    Calories are too high. Your weekly average needs to be 1800 per day max.

try 5:2 too. Two days at 600 calories. Weight will melt off.

I lost 4st in 2018 this way over 4 months and never put it back on.

I’m now a lot fitter, leaner and do free weights 4/5 times a week.
    600kcal seem way to low man thats like only 1 meal a day, im losing weight on 1900 and followed the nutrition tdee calc, it even says I should do 1980 but I picked 1900

Most of my innefective weightloss is because of my joy of eating oreos/bakery stuff/mcdonalds/eating out with the girlfriend if I have that under control results would be more faster and better. Its my own fault it goes as slow as it is

Plus the legendary saying, what might work for you might not work for me and vice versa

600kcal seem way to low man thats like only 1 meal a day, im losing weight on 1900 and followed the nutrition tdee calc, it even says I should do 1980 but I picked 1900

Most of my innefective weightloss is because of my joy of eating oreos/bakery stuff/mcdonalds/eating out with the girlfriend if I have that under control results would be more faster and better. Its my own fault it goes as slow as it is

Plus the legendary saying, what might work for you might not work for me and vice versa
    Tomorrowsjoe I've negged your post as it is based on absolutely nothing. Please ignore the calorie comment, he does not know your TDEE, nobody does and there is no reason to a) drop your calories or b) follow a randomly prescribed IF plan if you don't want to.

If you are losing at 2000 then you are losing and your calories are fine. If you aren't after a week or two then adjust. Don't let someone set you an arbitrary number of calories, it is all relative to your body and activity levels and the ONLY way to know how much you should be eating is to measure YOUR weight against YOUR intake in real time and gauge based on that.