Woodpecker11 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Woodpecker11 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Woodpecker11 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Woodpecker11 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Woodpecker11 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Woodpecker11 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Woodpecker11 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Woodpecker11 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Woodpecker11 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Woodpecker11 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Woodpecker11 will become famous soon enough. (+50)

Working from home permanently?

Hey all,

I'm a lawyer and have been working from home since mid-March. My productivity and work product has not dropped at all since the lock down (it's actually increased) and I've found that I really enjoy working from home. I've been with my firm for 1 year and 8 months and I am an associate. I have a good relationship with my boss.

Recently, it seems like people are starting to return to the office.

How if possible can I raise the subject that I would ideally like to work from a few days a week?

Registered User BuckNakedinBama's Avatar
    BuckNakedinBama has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) BuckNakedinBama has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) BuckNakedinBama has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) BuckNakedinBama has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) BuckNakedinBama has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) BuckNakedinBama has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) BuckNakedinBama has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) BuckNakedinBama has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) BuckNakedinBama has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) BuckNakedinBama has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) BuckNakedinBama has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    Law firm partner here...

Put together a list of things you can show to prove you were more productive/effective from home. If you bill, show your billables went up. If you are plaintiff's side, show your settlements went up or, in the alternative, that you won motions/remote hearings or something along those lines. Make sure you have concrete proof of your claim. We're back in the offices and lots of paralegals and even a few attorneys tried the ole "I was better from home" argument but had no evidence to support that theory. The partners all just agreed those people were trying to be lazy and not come in.

You're also going to run into a "fairness" issue. Again depending on the type/size of your firm, there may be HR considerations involved for letting some have different rules than others.

Good luck.
    ---GIVE-------------------------------
    -----ME-------------------------------
    ------LIBERTY------------------------
    --or-----------------------------------
    ---GIVE-------------------------------
    -----ME-------------------------------
    ------DEATH-------------------------

Woodpecker11 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Woodpecker11 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Woodpecker11 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Woodpecker11 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Woodpecker11 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Woodpecker11 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Woodpecker11 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Woodpecker11 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Woodpecker11 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Woodpecker11 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Woodpecker11 will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    Originally Posted by BuckNakedinBama View Post
    Law firm partner here...

Put together a list of things you can show to prove you were more productive/effective from home. If you bill, show your billables went up. If you are plaintiff's side, show your settlements went up or, in the alternative, that you won motions/remote hearings or something along those lines. Make sure you have concrete proof of your claim. We're back in the offices and lots of paralegals and even a few attorneys tried the ole "I was better from home" argument but had no evidence to support that theory. The partners all just agreed those people were trying to be lazy and not come in.

You're also going to run into a "fairness" issue. Again depending on the type/size of your firm, there may be HR considerations involved for letting some have different rules than others.

Good luck.
    Thanks. I was able to agree to working from home twice per week which is cool with me. The funny thing is, he brought up the subject and was the one who gave me the option.