Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2
    1slo5oh has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) 1slo5oh has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) 1slo5oh has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) 1slo5oh has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) 1slo5oh has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) 1slo5oh has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) 1slo5oh has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) 1slo5oh has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) 1slo5oh has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) 1slo5oh has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) 1slo5oh has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000)
    Originally Posted by akmerle View Post
    Hope you didnt pull the trigger on the Raptor. Ram TRX just blew it out of the water.

https://www.caranddriver.com/news/a3...-trx-revealed/
    Dont hold your breath... Dodge has been trying to compete with the Raptor for a minute and simply tossing 700hp at it doesn't make it a better truck.

Ok , maybe better for burnouts
    6'2" @ 247lbs

Astros > Dodgers...**Stro's before Hoe's**

akmerle is just really nice. (+1000) akmerle is just really nice. (+1000) akmerle is just really nice. (+1000) akmerle is just really nice. (+1000) akmerle is just really nice. (+1000) akmerle is just really nice. (+1000) akmerle is just really nice. (+1000) akmerle is just really nice. (+1000) akmerle is just really nice. (+1000) akmerle is just really nice. (+1000) akmerle is just really nice. (+1000)
    Originally Posted by 1slo5oh View Post
    Dont hold your breath... Dodge has been trying to compete with the Raptor for a minute and simply tossing 700hp at it doesn't make it a better truck.

Ok , maybe better for burnouts
    Raptor has been undisputed king for what, a decade now? Props to Ford for delivering the Raptor to the market, and only natural it would be bumped off eventually.

Seems like RAM took their sweet ass time, but on paper it looks next level. 700hp, 4.5sec 0-60, and sub 13 second 1/4 is nuts from a offroad truck on 35's. Glad to see they did not go with a rotary dial shifter on the TRX as well. Rams interiors are so damn beautiful, and the HUD is cool.

Will be interesting to see if the rumored new coil spring rear Raptor will also be getting a HP boost.

Cant wait to see the TRX vs. Raptor shootouts and not just comparing specs on paper.

Now RAM can start working on the street SRT version!

1slo5oh has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) 1slo5oh has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) 1slo5oh has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) 1slo5oh has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) 1slo5oh has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) 1slo5oh has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) 1slo5oh has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) 1slo5oh has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) 1slo5oh has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) 1slo5oh has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) 1slo5oh has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000)
    Raptor has been undisputed king for what, a decade now? Props to Ford for delivering the Raptor to the market, and only natural it would be bumped off eventually.

Seems like RAM took their sweet ass time, but on paper it looks next level. 700hp, 4.5sec 0-60, and sub 13 second 1/4 is nuts from a offroad truck on 35's. Glad to see they did not go with a rotary dial shifter on the TRX as well. Rams interiors are so damn beautiful, and the HUD is cool.

Will be interesting to see if the rumored new coil spring rear Raptor will also be getting a HP boost.

Cant wait to see the TRX vs. Raptor shootouts and not just comparing specs on paper.

Now RAM can start working on the street SRT version!
    I mean i'm glad somebody is competing with the Raptor to keep Ford sharp... But in the offroad department sub 13 second timeslips dont mean much. I would have to do some digging but there is a documentary out there of Ford literally putting the OEM Raptor drivetrain (the old 6.2L) & suspension through the Baja 1000. Of course the chassis had to be modified to fit the safety precautions for the Baja but still... I would love to see other manufacturers do the same $hit to torture test their product.
    6'2" @ 247lbs

akmerle is just really nice. (+1000) akmerle is just really nice. (+1000) akmerle is just really nice. (+1000) akmerle is just really nice. (+1000) akmerle is just really nice. (+1000) akmerle is just really nice. (+1000) akmerle is just really nice. (+1000) akmerle is just really nice. (+1000) akmerle is just really nice. (+1000) akmerle is just really nice. (+1000) akmerle is just really nice. (+1000)
    I mean i'm glad somebody is competing with the Raptor to keep Ford sharp... But in the offroad department sub 13 second timeslips dont mean much. I would have to do some digging but there is a documentary out there of Ford literally putting the OEM Raptor drivetrain (the old 6.2L) & suspension through the Baja 1000. Of course the chassis had to be modified to fit the safety precautions for the Baja but still... I would love to see other manufacturers do the same $hit to torture test their product.
    700hp supercharged V8's sure as hell mean a lot in the serious offroad segment in comparison to twin turbo v-6's tho. I think the 3.5L HO is a beast of a motor, but for the V-8 or death crew, or for folks who want a higher ceiling power wise, this definitely will give some Raptor owners a reason to switch.

But really, what percentage of guys in the market for these trucks are going to be doing baja runs or drag runs anyhow. This truck, like all the other hellcats, is pretty much made to melt tires and make loud V-8 noises. FCA is doing a good job of hitting that demographic, and I like the business model they have been steering toward of longer design life for their rigs and then asking "can we put the SRT 392 or hellcat motor in it?"
    Last edited by akmerle; 08-17-2020 at 01:35 PM.

RobParks2M has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) RobParks2M has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) RobParks2M has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) RobParks2M has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) RobParks2M has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) RobParks2M has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) RobParks2M has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) RobParks2M has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) RobParks2M has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) RobParks2M has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) RobParks2M has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    700hp supercharged V8's sure as hell mean a lot in the serious offroad segment in comparison to twin turbo v-6's tho. I think the 3.5L HO is a beast of a motor, but for the V-8 or death crew, or for folks who want a higher ceiling power wise, this definitely will give some Raptor owners a reason to switch.

But really, what percentage of guys in the market for these trucks are going to be doing baja runs or drag runs anyhow. This truck, like all the other hellcats, is pretty much made to melt tires and make loud V-8 noises. FCA is doing a good job of hitting that demographic, and I like the business model they have been steering toward of longer design life for their rigs and then asking "can we put the SRT 392 or hellcat motor in it?"

Meh. I live fairly close to the desert-scape places like Moab and its pretty much Raptor all the way. Engine isn't a big deal when you are crawling or doing moderate offroading. Hopefully the suspension is comparable to what you get in the Raptor. The problem might I see is the styling doesn't really from the rest of the RAM trucks which is something the Raptor does. Raptor has more prestige IMO. Hard to clone it by buying an f150 to turn into a cheap raptor. Perhaps I am wrong, but based on the phone pictures I saw the TRX honestly just looked like a ram truck jacked up on 35 inch tires.
    Fitness connoisseur
    0.4 mg of party's over wake the FK up!
    Aspire to be fat, 45+ plus, and have at least 1 comment on every girl's bodyspace.
    "the personification of greatness"

But really, what percentage of guys in the market for these trucks are going to be doing baja runs or drag runs anyhow.
    Well , I could tell show you at least one...lol !!

Running the Baja is on my bucket list and is a real possibility in the short years to come. I even at one point had picked up a Silverado as a roller with Pre Runner suspension.... just needed fuel , wiring , & a drivetrain. But almost as soon as I purchased it a bro hit me up that had been eyeing the same time I was made me an offer I couldn't pass up. Nothing like turning a profit on a $hit you never have to touch...lol. But at this point in my life picking up a used Raptor to go bomb around the desert in is within reach.
    6'2" @ 247lbs

Well , I could tell show you at least one...lol !!

Running the Baja is on my bucket list and is a real possibility in the short years to come. I even at one point had picked up a Silverado as a roller with Pre Runner suspension.... just needed fuel , wiring , & a drivetrain. But almost as soon as I purchased it a bro hit me up that had been eyeing the same time I was made me an offer I couldn't pass up. Nothing like turning a profit on a $hit you never have to touch...lol. But at this point in my life picking up a used Raptor to go bomb around the desert in is within reach.
    Looks like an amazing amount of fun, and totally hear you about buying something rather than building (which would be totally BA as well). Riding / driving beats wrenching every time for me.

Hell, the new turbo side by sides are damn near as expensive as a used Raptor anyhow. If the TRX drops the value of the Gen 1 V8’s then an older 6.2L would be a blast to rally and still have AC / drive home.