Thread: Push up

kengthesexyboy is not very well liked. (-100) kengthesexyboy is not very well liked. (-100) kengthesexyboy is not very well liked. (-100) kengthesexyboy is not very well liked. (-100) kengthesexyboy is not very well liked. (-100) kengthesexyboy is not very well liked. (-100) kengthesexyboy is not very well liked. (-100) kengthesexyboy is not very well liked. (-100) kengthesexyboy is not very well liked. (-100) kengthesexyboy is not very well liked. (-100) kengthesexyboy is not very well liked. (-100)

Push up

Is it possible to do push up without using chest muscle. Im worried that my chest muscle is not working during push up because it does not get pump up after 20 reps of push up. I just wanna know that whether my chest is working or not during push up

safcpaul has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) safcpaul has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) safcpaul has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) safcpaul has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) safcpaul has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) safcpaul has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) safcpaul has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) safcpaul has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) safcpaul has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) safcpaul has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) safcpaul has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    Originally Posted by kengthesexyboy View Post
    Is it possible to do push up without using chest muscle. Im worried that my chest muscle is not working during push up because it does not get pump up after 20 reps of push up. I just wanna know that whether my chest is working or not during push up
    No.

kengthesexyboy is not very well liked. (-100) kengthesexyboy is not very well liked. (-100) kengthesexyboy is not very well liked. (-100) kengthesexyboy is not very well liked. (-100) kengthesexyboy is not very well liked. (-100) kengthesexyboy is not very well liked. (-100) kengthesexyboy is not very well liked. (-100) kengthesexyboy is not very well liked. (-100) kengthesexyboy is not very well liked. (-100) kengthesexyboy is not very well liked. (-100) kengthesexyboy is not very well liked. (-100)
    Originally Posted by safcpaul View Post
    No.
    Do you mean that my chest is not working or not possible. Anyway do anyone has the same problem as i have. Is there anybody who can develop their chest without getting pump after push up

safcpaul has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) safcpaul has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) safcpaul has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) safcpaul has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) safcpaul has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) safcpaul has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) safcpaul has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) safcpaul has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) safcpaul has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) safcpaul has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) safcpaul has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    Do you mean that my chest is not working or not possible. Anyway do anyone has the same problem as i have. Is there anybody who can develop their chest without getting pump after push up
    Pump means nothing. It is impossible to do a push up without using your chest to some degree

BeginnerGainz has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) BeginnerGainz has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) BeginnerGainz has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) BeginnerGainz has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) BeginnerGainz has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) BeginnerGainz has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) BeginnerGainz has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) BeginnerGainz has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) BeginnerGainz has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) BeginnerGainz has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) BeginnerGainz has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    Originally Posted by safcpaul View Post
    Pump means nothing. It is impossible to do a push up without using your chest to some degree
    The only way, and I mean THE ONLY WAY a muscle “doesn’t fire” or “isn’t activated” is because of a nerve/neurological issue. Period.

Originally Posted by BeginnerGainz View Post
    The only way, and I mean THE ONLY WAY a muscle “doesn’t fire” or “isn’t activated” is because of a nerve/neurological issue. Period.
    What is this problem about and how do i know whether i have this problem

Garage Rat has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Garage Rat has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Garage Rat has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Garage Rat has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Garage Rat has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Garage Rat has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Garage Rat has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Garage Rat has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Garage Rat has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Garage Rat has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Garage Rat has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    Push ups are a compound movement meaning many muscles are involved to do them.
    Yes the chest is involved.
    How you do your push ups could be a main factor along with how much chest muscle you actually have.
    I suspect your doing a narrower push up with elbows closer to the body which get the triceps working hard.
    It's not uncommon when you start to fatigue with push ups the arms/triceps take over to help you complete your reps.
    Try an elbow position more away from the body with hands just a bit wider than shoulders.

Originally Posted by Garage Rat View Post
    Push ups are a compound movement meaning many muscles are involved to do them.
    Yes the chest is involved.
    How you do your push ups could be a main factor along with how much chest muscle you actually have.
    I suspect your doing a narrower push up with elbows closer to the body which get the triceps working hard.
    It's not uncommon when you start to fatigue with push ups the arms/triceps take over to help you complete your reps.
    Try an elbow position more away from the body with hands just a bit wider than shoulders.
    I dId all push up variation but my chest does not pump up 😢

DCSpartan has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) DCSpartan has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) DCSpartan has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) DCSpartan has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) DCSpartan has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) DCSpartan has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) DCSpartan has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) DCSpartan has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) DCSpartan has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) DCSpartan has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) DCSpartan has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    I dId all push up variation but my chest does not pump up
    Everyone keeps telling you facts but you dont care to read . . .

Originally Posted by DCSpartan View Post
    Everyone keeps telling you facts but you dont care to read . . .
    I care but i just too worried that i cant develop my chest. If the pump really mean nothing then i will keep going thanks anyway i just telling him about what i do doesnt mean i dont care and you should think a bit before you say anything
    Last edited by kengthesexyboy; 06-22-2020 at 11:47 AM.

Talking

Originally Posted by BeginnerGainz View Post
    That might be the reason then because im starting to think he might have neurological problems

Han shot first! TolerantLactose's Avatar
    TolerantLactose has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) TolerantLactose has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) TolerantLactose has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) TolerantLactose has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) TolerantLactose has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) TolerantLactose has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) TolerantLactose has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) TolerantLactose has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) TolerantLactose has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) TolerantLactose has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) TolerantLactose has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    What is this problem about and how do i know whether i have this problem
    If you had this problem in your legs, for instance, you'd need a wheelchair.
    Am I therefore become your enemy, because I tell you the truth?
    Galatians 4:16

AlexSays is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) AlexSays is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) AlexSays is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) AlexSays is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) AlexSays is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) AlexSays is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) AlexSays is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) AlexSays is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) AlexSays is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) AlexSays is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) AlexSays is a splendid one to behold. (+10000)
    Is it possible to do a pressup without using the chest muscles to some degree? No

Is it possible to do a pressup using a form that doesn't emphasise or activate the chest muscles very much? Yes

Is it possible to use your chest muscles without getting a pump? Yes

Pick your truth out of that

pondman is just really nice. (+1000) pondman is just really nice. (+1000) pondman is just really nice. (+1000) pondman is just really nice. (+1000) pondman is just really nice. (+1000) pondman is just really nice. (+1000) pondman is just really nice. (+1000) pondman is just really nice. (+1000) pondman is just really nice. (+1000) pondman is just really nice. (+1000) pondman is just really nice. (+1000)
    Try adding dips and pulling across your chest with a band or cable.

Chesticles2 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Chesticles2 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Chesticles2 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Chesticles2 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Chesticles2 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Chesticles2 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Chesticles2 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Chesticles2 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Chesticles2 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Chesticles2 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Chesticles2 will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    If the chest isn't feeling very activated, then you need to do things to force more activation.
    Get more explosive. Lower yourself TWICE as slow as you have been, then push up as fast as you can back to the top without stopping. Repeat every rep and set.
    You can also try to go lower by placing your hands on top of text books or something sturdy and lower down as far as you can with a short 3 second pause before coming back up. I would avoid mixing the two methods i suggested right away. Start with the explosive pushups, then after 3 weeks, add in the depth.
    =[][][]=== B I G xxx P O P P A xxx P U M P ===[][][]=

If The Bar Aint Bendin, Your Just Pretendin

Originally Posted by Chesticles2 View Post
    If the chest isn't feeling very activated, then you need to do things to force more activation.
    Get more explosive. Lower yourself TWICE as slow as you have been, then push up as fast as you can back to the top without stopping. Repeat every rep and set.
    You can also try to go lower by placing your hands on top of text books or something sturdy and lower down as far as you can with a short 3 second pause before coming back up. I would avoid mixing the two methods i suggested right away. Start with the explosive pushups, then after 3 weeks, add in the depth.
    I would just like to say thanks for taking part in this thread on how the op can activate his chest mr chesticles. It must have took balls for you to post

MarcusFitPro will become famous soon enough. (+50) MarcusFitPro will become famous soon enough. (+50) MarcusFitPro will become famous soon enough. (+50) MarcusFitPro will become famous soon enough. (+50) MarcusFitPro will become famous soon enough. (+50) MarcusFitPro will become famous soon enough. (+50) MarcusFitPro will become famous soon enough. (+50) MarcusFitPro will become famous soon enough. (+50) MarcusFitPro will become famous soon enough. (+50) MarcusFitPro will become famous soon enough. (+50) MarcusFitPro will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    GREAT QUESTION...GOOD CONCERN!!!! I just wrote an article about this on my fitness blog. I discovered some adjustments to make in my home workout strategy since my big move to Virginia. But I cut and paste my push-up article below:

INTRODUCTION

So you want to build up your pectorals and put on a nice slab of meat across your chest?
    Well, why not keep it simple and add push-ups to your daily routine—a secret weapon in any chest routine.

Not only do push-ups build the muscles of the chest, they also develop the shoulders, triceps, forearms, and wrists—strong wrists are important for a strong bench press and a nice chest. But considering all the muscle groups associated with push-ups, how can we spread the load of our bodyweight throughout our upper bodies? The best thing we can focus on is our arm and wrist placement.

DON'T NEGLECT THE "CHEST SQUEEZE"

When push-ups are performed, the focus you must have is to squeeze your chest— you are basically flexing your chest as if you are making the muscle hard to the touch. This idea may remind you of a bench press exercise, where you squeeze your chest to push the weight up. "Observe how the chest is squeezed during a bench press, focus on the same squeeze during a push-up"

But understand that chest squeezing with push-ups allows a firmer contraction and more fiber recruitment without external weight—they're also convenient.

WHAT ABOUT ARMS?

What about the arms? How are they affected when performing push-ups? The arms have primary muscles to help you push yourself off the ground—the triceps. When performing push-ups slowly, and frequently, you will begin to see the triceps harden and become more visible—you will see "ridge like hills" on the back of your arms the more you do them. This is the look that many people are going for. To keep the look of solid arms and to make the most out of push-ups, it is good to change the arm position, to stimulate chest and arm muscles differently.

Fortunately, the company Power Press has designed a unique product called the Power Press Push Up Board System to conveniently adjust your arm position for better push-ups!

We all know that push-ups can get boring, when done consistently without variation— but not anymore. This colorful piece of equipment allows you to alternate your arm position to distribute your body weight over your hands and upper body differently. By default, altering the hand placement changes the load that the muscles are receiving during push-up sets to produce AMAZING results.

You can easily turn a traditional push-up exercise into a full workout with specific sets and reps using the Power Press Push Up Board System — you can skip chest day if you want using this system, it's that effective!

HOW GOOD CAN YOU TARGET YOUR CHEST?

There's a product called the Power Press Push Up Board System that comes in a box with instructions, a “holed” multicolor push-up board, two black push-up handles, and a 10-week exercise calendar. There are holes in the board for pinned push-up handles that are inserted into color coded hand positions found on the board. The hand positions are arranged based on the particular area of the upper body that you want to target—Shoulders (Red), Chest (Blue), Triceps (Green), and Back (Yellow).

You can perform an entire chest and arm workout with this nice piece of equipment! What's also great is that the handles are durable and non-slip. This system is good for beginners and advanced fitness enthusiast—it works!

GET A BIGGER CHEST PUMP!

The Power Press Push Up Board System is very, very simple to use. All you have to do is unbox and start training—literally. What we recommend for a better workout is to do a few push-ups on the floor before using the system to get a good chest pump and blood flow. A warm-up will allow your sessions with the system to feel like a bench press when done in the following manner—go slowly down, move slowly up = 1 rep!

BOTTOMLINE

Push-ups are an amazing asset to any fitness enthusiast gym routine—beginner or advanced. Focusing on arm position and squeezing the chest is important to get MAXIMAL RESULTS from doing them. Say goodbye to fast "up and down" repetitions, and focus on your muscles with diligence.
    Marcus Morgan M.Ed, Exercise Science, Physiology

Owner of Home Fitness Galore
    Fitness Equipment , CHEAP Custom Workout Plans , & Fitness Supplements

Website: https://homefitnessgalore.wixsite.com/personalworkoutplans
    E-mail: homefitnessgalore@gmail.com