helpmeout1 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)

How to do a pull up?

I have lost so much Weight but can’t seem to go enough pull up. I can do 2 at a time but not in good form so what would help me? I do push ups and dips. I just started lifting weights again since I can go to the gym.

SuffolkPunch has the mod powerz SuffolkPunch has the mod powerz SuffolkPunch has the mod powerz SuffolkPunch has the mod powerz SuffolkPunch has the mod powerz SuffolkPunch has the mod powerz SuffolkPunch has the mod powerz SuffolkPunch has the mod powerz SuffolkPunch has the mod powerz SuffolkPunch has the mod powerz SuffolkPunch has the mod powerz
    Weight loss is not enough on its own. What do you weigh now?

You need to grow muscle (especially in lats and biceps) and of course practice, practice, practice.

Do as many singles as you can. Then move to lat pulldown and get some volume done (sets of 6-10)

helpmeout1 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    Originally Posted by SuffolkPunch View Post
    Weight loss is not enough on its own. What do you weigh now?

You need to grow muscle (especially in lats and biceps) and of course practice, practice, practice.

Do as many singles as you can. Then move to lat pulldown and get some volume done (sets of 6-10)
    last time I was weighted was. 2 months ago and now I weigh 187 at 5”10.

BeginnerGainz is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) BeginnerGainz is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) BeginnerGainz is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) BeginnerGainz is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) BeginnerGainz is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) BeginnerGainz is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) BeginnerGainz is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) BeginnerGainz is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) BeginnerGainz is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) BeginnerGainz is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) BeginnerGainz is a splendid one to behold. (+10000)
    1) approach bar
    2) hang from bar
    3) pull yourself up
    4) lower yourself
    5) ??????
    6) Profit

If that fails, do what SP said

SuffolkPunch has the mod powerz SuffolkPunch has the mod powerz SuffolkPunch has the mod powerz SuffolkPunch has the mod powerz SuffolkPunch has the mod powerz SuffolkPunch has the mod powerz SuffolkPunch has the mod powerz SuffolkPunch has the mod powerz SuffolkPunch has the mod powerz SuffolkPunch has the mod powerz SuffolkPunch has the mod powerz
    Yeah, you are still quite heavy. Most people that weight won't be able to pullup without a good training history behind them.

NearlyBigAngus is a name known to all. (+5000) NearlyBigAngus is a name known to all. (+5000) NearlyBigAngus is a name known to all. (+5000) NearlyBigAngus is a name known to all. (+5000) NearlyBigAngus is a name known to all. (+5000) NearlyBigAngus is a name known to all. (+5000) NearlyBigAngus is a name known to all. (+5000) NearlyBigAngus is a name known to all. (+5000) NearlyBigAngus is a name known to all. (+5000) NearlyBigAngus is a name known to all. (+5000) NearlyBigAngus is a name known to all. (+5000)
    There are 2 main things to help you on your way

1) Negative reps - set up a step of some kind, grip the bar and step off and lower yourself slowly and under control... rinse, repeat.
    2) Get a set of resistance bands - use these to do assisted pullups. Gradually over time reduce the band strength used so it's more you and less band.

MilkforBrains is a name known to all. (+5000) MilkforBrains is a name known to all. (+5000) MilkforBrains is a name known to all. (+5000) MilkforBrains is a name known to all. (+5000) MilkforBrains is a name known to all. (+5000) MilkforBrains is a name known to all. (+5000) MilkforBrains is a name known to all. (+5000) MilkforBrains is a name known to all. (+5000) MilkforBrains is a name known to all. (+5000) MilkforBrains is a name known to all. (+5000) MilkforBrains is a name known to all. (+5000)
    Negatives got me a one armed chin up. They are the best imo.

Garage Rat has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Garage Rat has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Garage Rat has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Garage Rat has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Garage Rat has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Garage Rat has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Garage Rat has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Garage Rat has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Garage Rat has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Garage Rat has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Garage Rat has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    Suffolk punch is right.
    Build up your volume with singles and doubles.
    Keep practicing maybe three times a week.
    Notice i said practice, don't turn it into a grinding pull up volume sessions.
    Say maybe six reps of singles one day,maybe eight the next and then ten the next.
    Rotate back start maybe seven reps and so on.
    If you feel particularly good one day do a few more if you feel week back off and do less.
    Stick with doing good reps and you'll eventually be able to do sets of two's,three's and so on on your sets.
    Be patient.
    Good luck.

8chan is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    Originally Posted by helpmeout1 View Post
    I have lost so much Weight but can’t seem to go enough pull up.
    I can do 2 at a time but not in good form so what would help me?
    You could try reducing the resistance a bit (assist with your legs using a chair) to get more reps, you might not be getting as much work in as you could to stimulate adaptation if you're limiting yourself to so close to your 1-rep max without being able to add micro-progress.

Or what suffolk said: pulldown if you have access. I realize a lot of people don't with gyms closed to covid. That's where chair-assists shine.

Another option is a bar closer to the ground and you do "supine rows" / "australian pullups" / "bodyweight rows or whatever you call them where your back is nearly touching the ground at the bottom and your legs are way in front, you're facing upward. When arms are straightened they're "forward" rather than "upward" (although forward IS upward at this angle)

What problems do you think there is with your form?

MarcusFitPro will become famous soon enough. (+50) MarcusFitPro will become famous soon enough. (+50) MarcusFitPro will become famous soon enough. (+50) MarcusFitPro will become famous soon enough. (+50) MarcusFitPro will become famous soon enough. (+50) MarcusFitPro will become famous soon enough. (+50) MarcusFitPro will become famous soon enough. (+50) MarcusFitPro will become famous soon enough. (+50) MarcusFitPro will become famous soon enough. (+50) MarcusFitPro will become famous soon enough. (+50) MarcusFitPro will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    Here's an idea. If you can, step off a surface and control the eccentric movement of the pull-up. Go down slowly. Do this for reps, maybe 3-4 sets of 8-12. This will develop your eccentric strength. You lats will be seriously sore so alternate this to every other week, so this 3-4 times a week until you can do more pull-ups. You'll surprise yourself.
    Marcus Morgan M.Ed, Exercise Science, Physiology

Owner of Home Fitness Galore
    Fitness Equipment , Workout Plans , & Fitness Supplements

E-mail: homefitnessgalore@gmail.com