MyBaddBrah has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) MyBaddBrah has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) MyBaddBrah has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) MyBaddBrah has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) MyBaddBrah has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) MyBaddBrah has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) MyBaddBrah has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) MyBaddBrah has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) MyBaddBrah has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) MyBaddBrah has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) MyBaddBrah has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)

Question Cons of Buying a Tesla Model S?

How long do they hold up?
    How is the maintenance?
    *Hole is Life Crew*
    *Meditation Crew*

blazenbb is a name known to all. (+5000) blazenbb is a name known to all. (+5000) blazenbb is a name known to all. (+5000) blazenbb is a name known to all. (+5000) blazenbb is a name known to all. (+5000) blazenbb is a name known to all. (+5000) blazenbb is a name known to all. (+5000) blazenbb is a name known to all. (+5000) blazenbb is a name known to all. (+5000) blazenbb is a name known to all. (+5000) blazenbb is a name known to all. (+5000)
    In the shop for long periods of time, would make life hell for an Uber driver

guest89 has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) guest89 has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) guest89 has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) guest89 has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) guest89 has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) guest89 has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) guest89 has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) guest89 has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) guest89 has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) guest89 has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) guest89 has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000)
    Originally Posted by blazenbb View Post
    In the shop for long periods of time, would make life hell for an Uber driver
    Does Tesla provide loaner cars?

I know luxury brands typically give you a loaner any time your car is in the shop.

Dec4y is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Dec4y is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Dec4y is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Dec4y is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Dec4y is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Dec4y is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Dec4y is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Dec4y is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Dec4y is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Dec4y is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Dec4y is a splendid one to behold. (+10000)
    Model S is a pretty solid buy. They've had a long time to perfect it. Run like the plague from a Model X though. I really want an S but sadly drifting to something else to utilize the business to buy a vehicle so Model S doesn't weigh enough. X is hideous to me so I won't consider it.
    Always Pick #4

transracial white2black elterrible987's Avatar
    elterrible987 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) elterrible987 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) elterrible987 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) elterrible987 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) elterrible987 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) elterrible987 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) elterrible987 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) elterrible987 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) elterrible987 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) elterrible987 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) elterrible987 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    - near impossible to work on yourself or get parts yourself
    - not for road trips
    - ideally need to install charging socket in your garage (high amp 240v, can use standard socket but its slooower)
    - charging system is proprietary, all the other brands use a different connector
    - range anxiety that comes with all electric cars

Electric cars wouldnt be for me, every time I see someone on video with them theyre pulling over to some random parking lot and charging it for 45 minutes and and giving you a cope story how its not a big deal and they can use the time to just do some shopping or something. thats a no from me dawg

tunafishha is not very helpful. (-500) tunafishha is not very helpful. (-500) tunafishha is not very helpful. (-500) tunafishha is not very helpful. (-500) tunafishha is not very helpful. (-500) tunafishha is not very helpful. (-500) tunafishha is not very helpful. (-500) tunafishha is not very helpful. (-500) tunafishha is not very helpful. (-500) tunafishha is not very helpful. (-500) tunafishha is not very helpful. (-500)
    If you like electric cars and you like the way the Tesla model S looks, its not bad. But don't buy it because you think its better for the environment.
    Its actually worse, alot worse.

There are limited Tesla dealerships around so be prepared to wait weeks or months to fix your car. Resell value seems to be good within the community of Tesla owners. The owners are gouging the prices on purpose. If you look at the resell value of other hybrids and EVs, they are terrible.

Imo, there's so many nice ICE cars out there for half the price of an S.

Tesla - they are under heavy scrutiny under my eyes. I suspect they do a lot of dirty business practices.

If you like:

- having to charge your car
    - paying more for ev
    - higher taxes
    - long service times
    - more expensive maintenance
    - eerily quiet cabin at a stop
    - limited choice of styling
    - polluting the earth more than ICE cars

by all means.

TUNA 2020

Btw, ive been banned twice from Teslaforums just for asking simple questions about sustainability of EVs. I wasn't even trolling on there. The community is terrible and they will go to extreme lengths to protect their terrible brand. SRS
    Last edited by tunafishha; 06-22-2020 at 07:32 PM.
    *Asian Manlet Elf Tier MasterRace*
    *I've become more powerful than any Miscer*
    *GM Executive*
    *Tuna 2020*
    *2 star General*
    *Catholic*
    *TMT*
    *Chad Bat Soup>Double Whopper*

waisoserious has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) waisoserious has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) waisoserious has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) waisoserious has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) waisoserious has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) waisoserious has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) waisoserious has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) waisoserious has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) waisoserious has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) waisoserious has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) waisoserious has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    Originally Posted by elterrible987 View Post
    - near impossible to work on yourself or get parts yourself
    - not for road trips
    - ideally need to install charging socket in your garage (high amp 240v, can use standard socket but its slooower)
    - charging system is proprietary, all the other brands use a different connector
    - range anxiety that comes with all electric cars

Electric cars wouldnt be for me, every time I see someone on video with them theyre pulling over to some random parking lot and charging it for 45 minutes and and giving you a cope story how its not a big deal and they can use the time to just do some shopping or something. thats a no from me dawg
    As an owner of a Model S P100D and a Model X P100D Id like to address each of these.

1. Your road trips will require some planning but as long as you use the Tesla Navigation you are fine. The trip computer will calculate how much range you have vs where you are going vs where along the way you should/need to charge. The screen will also display if the station is a regular charger, super charger, how many stations, how many occupied, how many are not in service etc.
    - If you are living in the US, theres literally superchargers everywhere in every major city and suburb.
    2. The Home charger charges about 25-30 miles of range every hour. Mainly you just leave it charging while you sleep
    3. The car comes with adapter plugs that allow it to be used with basically any other major charging station, regardless of maker
    4. The car realistically (not EPA, but real driving range) can drive about 300+ miles going slightly above highway speedlimit speeds with a wife, a baby, radio, AC, charging phones. The Range is more than enough to drive to and from work everyday and then go to the next town once or twice a week without having to charge more often than you would need to get gas

Additionally, instead of going to get gas, youd just charge while youre at home eating dinner, sleeping, at the mall shopping, walmart. If you buy a model S or X, supercharging is free.

Supercharging gets you 0 - full in about 2 hours. Regular charging gets you 0 - full in about 10hours. Yes its not nearly as convenient as combustion engine car but you have obvious benefits. If you are charging at a charging station, most people just stay inside their cars and watch netflix on the screen. The Tesla's OS has youtube, a webbrowser and netflix built in.

1. Charging is cheaper than buying gas. Much cheaper. This lockdown wont last forever and eventually gas prices WILL go back up and probably soon.
    2. Like your cellphone, your car's battery doesnt have to be full all the time. Most people drive around in the 50-80% range all week and just charge once they get to 50% or lower. You can easily charge 0 - full in 1 night just leaving it charging while you sleep.
    3. Tesla's come with basically every option as standard. A P100D (now discounted and starting at 90k) started at about 100k. Its basically fully loaded as it is with the only extra-paid option you might want being auto pilot. For about 90k you could get like a fully loaded E53AMG or a no option at all E63. Even fully loaded, those cars dont have the level of features that tesla offers. And are slower.

The range and charging hasnt presented any problems yet despite me living in a smaller country which has significantly less supercharging than the US. Actually until today, I have only super charged twice. Usually I charge at a home or at the office. I took it on a few road trips already and was never in a situation where I might be stranded.

Coming from owning several benzs and bmws ranging from C classes to S classes to AMGs etc, I can honestly say the Tesla has been the best car I've owned so far.

With regards to working on your own car, I think its safe to say most people dont work on their own car. Also changing your engine oil and oil filter dont really count as working on your own car either. Also since the car doesnt even have an engine, 80% of all car maintenance simply isnt needed. Theres no oil filter or engine oil to change because theres no engine. The transmission service still needs to be done but the intervals for that are far and in between. Due partyly because the Tesla's only have 1 gear, it rarely shifts unless you count Reverse and Park.

Also the Model S, in addition to having 2 trunks, is also a "sportback". The tailgate lifts at the top of the window so you have almost as much room as a SUV Coupe. Think Audi A7.
    IW3725-04, Black 116520, White 26320

SwimProWILM has a spectacular aura about. (+250) SwimProWILM has a spectacular aura about. (+250) SwimProWILM has a spectacular aura about. (+250) SwimProWILM has a spectacular aura about. (+250) SwimProWILM has a spectacular aura about. (+250) SwimProWILM has a spectacular aura about. (+250) SwimProWILM has a spectacular aura about. (+250) SwimProWILM has a spectacular aura about. (+250) SwimProWILM has a spectacular aura about. (+250) SwimProWILM has a spectacular aura about. (+250) SwimProWILM has a spectacular aura about. (+250)
    After doing some research the only con I could find is recharge time if you are going on long trips. Yes they have the superchargers but even those take longer than filling a tank of gas. For everyday driving back and forth to worth though it would be hard to find something better. If you can stomach the purchase price they are an excellent buy!

CBRIT89 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) CBRIT89 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) CBRIT89 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) CBRIT89 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) CBRIT89 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) CBRIT89 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) CBRIT89 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) CBRIT89 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) CBRIT89 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) CBRIT89 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) CBRIT89 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500)
    Originally Posted by SwimProWILM View Post
    After doing some research the only con I could find is recharge time if you are going on long trips. Yes they have the superchargers but even those take longer than filling a tank of gas. For everyday driving back and forth to worth though it would be hard to find something better. If you can stomach the purchase price they are an excellent buy!
    Who is doing 500+ miles a day and needs to fully charge their Tesla? That argument is damn near retarded - who drives 600 miles without stopping? You don't. You pull over to a supercharger, charge the car battery and charge your own battery. 40 minutes later you've got another 240 miles in the tank.

I've been driving electric for five years now. It's honestly no bother. My car generally charges using solar during the day, or overnight from mains.

I put 100 miles in my car this morning for 80 pence, which is basically a dollar, and my smart charger did it all overnight when the demand on the grid is next to nothing and renewables like wind are providing the electric.
    Last edited by CBRIT89; 07-01-2020 at 04:57 AM.
    A.L.L. Leukemia 2009-2012
    Brain haemorrhage 2009
    Hip replacements 2010 & 2011
    Eating Disorder 2016-2020

MyBaddBrah has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) MyBaddBrah has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) MyBaddBrah has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) MyBaddBrah has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) MyBaddBrah has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) MyBaddBrah has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) MyBaddBrah has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) MyBaddBrah has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) MyBaddBrah has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) MyBaddBrah has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) MyBaddBrah has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    What do you bros reckon they run to ? 100k? 200k?
    *Hole is Life Crew*
    *Meditation Crew*

con5tant is just really nice. (+1000) con5tant is just really nice. (+1000) con5tant is just really nice. (+1000) con5tant is just really nice. (+1000) con5tant is just really nice. (+1000) con5tant is just really nice. (+1000) con5tant is just really nice. (+1000) con5tant is just really nice. (+1000) con5tant is just really nice. (+1000) con5tant is just really nice. (+1000) con5tant is just really nice. (+1000)
    Originally Posted by MyBaddBrah View Post
    What do you bros reckon they run to ? 100k? 200k?
    Wasn't the battery tested to 1 million miles recently?
    reps on spot : Bertcep

negs for life: Dano85