Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 ... LastLast

Thread: Sports cards

HaiMeesk has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) HaiMeesk has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) HaiMeesk has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) HaiMeesk has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) HaiMeesk has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) HaiMeesk has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) HaiMeesk has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) HaiMeesk has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) HaiMeesk has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) HaiMeesk has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) HaiMeesk has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    Originally Posted by cadetduke View Post
    Duke’s Card Shop in Fenton, MO is me for discrepancy. It’s a brick and mortar so you know it’s legit. I’m just sick of panini and topps allocations and figured I could get you all product while I try to build them. I should have done this before prizm basketball dropped lol They only gave me 1 box at $80 and that chit is selling for like $1100 now because of Zion.
    The Zion hype is unreal. Great player, but a bit absurd what people are spending on wax.
    I bought like 8 Hoops snowflake boxes earlier this year at $13 ea (Buy one/Get one 70% off LOL), opened a couple put a set together. Zion debuts and they just shot through the roof. Sold the rest @ $50 ea. Probably have gone up more since.
    COVID Pandemic has been great for online sales. People need hobbies to keep them occupied.
    Boston sports crew
    Live Free or Die 603 crew
    Ex-Howard Stern crew
    1974 crew

***Connoisseur: Les Derrieres de Femmes ***

Ex Sports Card Shop Owner cadetduke's Avatar
    cadetduke has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) cadetduke has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) cadetduke has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) cadetduke has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) cadetduke has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) cadetduke has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) cadetduke has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) cadetduke has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) cadetduke has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) cadetduke has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) cadetduke has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    Originally Posted by Big_Spaz View Post
    However ... this Pandemic put the BOOM on the industry. I haven't seen a buzz and a demand like this since the early 90's when I was a collector. Even my son said "Dad you go into Walmart and the whole aisle is wiped" and he's right. So we got to talking on why we think so ...
    This is true. There's been cops called for fights breaking out in Targets over boxes of cards. I'm also getting more new people in than regulars now and like an idiot I switched wholesalers at the wrong time so all of my preorders were wiped out.

cadetduke has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) cadetduke has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) cadetduke has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) cadetduke has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) cadetduke has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) cadetduke has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) cadetduke has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) cadetduke has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) cadetduke has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) cadetduke has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) cadetduke has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    Here's where it's at right now. Market is just blowout cards for the most part.

Just got this back from a signing

Last edited by cadetduke; 06-26-2020 at 10:33 AM.

Registered User SoutheastBeast1's Avatar
    SoutheastBeast1 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) SoutheastBeast1 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) SoutheastBeast1 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) SoutheastBeast1 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) SoutheastBeast1 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) SoutheastBeast1 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) SoutheastBeast1 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) SoutheastBeast1 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) SoutheastBeast1 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) SoutheastBeast1 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) SoutheastBeast1 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000)
    I collected a bunch when I was in middle school. Mostly basketball and baseball. I don’t really have anything special though. I mostly targeted rookie cards

I haven’t looked at what I have in a long time, so I don’t really remember what all I have.

I tried getting some graded long ago because that’s where the real value is for so many of these cards but mine graded f*cking terrible. If they graded better some of them would have some good value but really skeptical I could get anything graded 9 or better.

I actually tried taking good care of these cards too so it wasn’t like I was just saying f*ck it. Getting high grades is hard as sh*t
    "One day I won't be able to lift any more. Not I won't want to lift. I mean physically unable. That day could be decades from now or it could be tomorrow. All I know is that's the day I'll wish I could lift more than ever. The day I'd give anything for one more workout, one more set, or one more cardio session. So go hard and enjoy every workout, every set, every rep. Because one day you will wake up and you will never get it back."
    -SoutheastBeast1

1hardgainer has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) 1hardgainer has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) 1hardgainer has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) 1hardgainer has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) 1hardgainer has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) 1hardgainer has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) 1hardgainer has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) 1hardgainer has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) 1hardgainer has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) 1hardgainer has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) 1hardgainer has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000)
    Vegas Dave sold a Mike Trout graded rookie card for $900,000 and supposedly paid $180,000 for it a couple years ago.

Anyone else think this is legit?? Knowing Vegas Dave's character, I wouldn't be surprised if he sold the card to himself under a different account in order to jack up the value of his other Mike Trout cards.
    "For God so loved the world, that he gave his only begotten Son, that whosoever believeth in him should not perish, but have everlasting life." (John 3:16)

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Wh1VU-_OF98

WestAfrica has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) WestAfrica has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) WestAfrica has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) WestAfrica has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) WestAfrica has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) WestAfrica has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) WestAfrica has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) WestAfrica has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) WestAfrica has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) WestAfrica has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) WestAfrica has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000)
    I have a card account, you guys can follow me

Cardisseur
    NYR NYM NYK UCONN Nebraska AS Roma

propreffered7 has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) propreffered7 has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) propreffered7 has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) propreffered7 has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) propreffered7 has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) propreffered7 has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) propreffered7 has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) propreffered7 has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) propreffered7 has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) propreffered7 has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) propreffered7 has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000)
    not letting me post. testing..

propreffered7 has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) propreffered7 has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) propreffered7 has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) propreffered7 has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) propreffered7 has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) propreffered7 has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) propreffered7 has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) propreffered7 has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) propreffered7 has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) propreffered7 has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) propreffered7 has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000)
    Originally Posted by SoutheastBeast1 View Post
    If they graded better some of them would have some good value but really skeptical I could get anything graded 9 or better.

I actually tried taking good care of these cards too so it wasn’t like I was just saying f*ck it. Getting high grades is hard as sh*t
    i collected cards for a long time. i mean.. i was a kid, so i wasn't really involved in that type of community nor trying to make money at the time. so i haven't really been involved with the grading community

i always thought it strictly pertained to how the card was kept, condition that way. i find it pretty ridiculous there's also stuff like centering - that a consumer has no control over lol. seems like a way to both keep price down there and then inflate the possibly lucky ones

i mean you could literally one touch a card, put it in a case and then still get dinged for centering which is nothing regarding what you did

edit: jesus the quotation marks i was putting in were causing the issue.

SoutheastBeast1 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) SoutheastBeast1 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) SoutheastBeast1 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) SoutheastBeast1 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) SoutheastBeast1 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) SoutheastBeast1 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) SoutheastBeast1 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) SoutheastBeast1 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) SoutheastBeast1 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) SoutheastBeast1 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) SoutheastBeast1 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000)
    Originally Posted by propreffered7 View Post
    i collected cards for a long time. i mean.. i was a kid, so i wasn't really involved in that type of community nor trying to make money at the time. so i haven't really been involved with the grading community

i always thought it strictly pertained to how the card was kept, condition that way. i find it pretty ridiculous there's also stuff like centering - that a consumer has no control over lol. seems like a way to both keep price down there and then inflate the possibly lucky ones

i mean you could literally one touch a card, put it in a case and then still get dinged for centering which is nothing regarding what you did

edit: jesus the quotation marks i was putting in were causing the issue.
    I honestly have cards that look like they're in perfect condition to the naked eye but they graded like a PSA 7 or something. Had a Reggie iller rookie card graded I thought for sure would grade high. The grading is wild to me, so I gave up lol.
    "One day I won't be able to lift any more. Not I won't want to lift. I mean physically unable. That day could be decades from now or it could be tomorrow. All I know is that's the day I'll wish I could lift more than ever. The day I'd give anything for one more workout, one more set, or one more cardio session. So go hard and enjoy every workout, every set, every rep. Because one day you will wake up and you will never get it back."
    -SoutheastBeast1

Originally Posted by SoutheastBeast1 View Post
    I honestly have cards that look like they're in perfect condition to the naked eye but they graded like a PSA 7 or something. Had a Reggie iller rookie card graded I thought for sure would grade high. The grading is wild to me, so I gave up lol.
    yea man. it's pretty stupid that the grading system is somewhat subjective too; that would be inherent with human grading. maybe try resubmitting it and see what happens? could get a different grade

OP - how do you look up value of cards now? is ebay the only thing people use? ever since stuff has gone online - or maybe since i've looked for it - beckett and stuff seem to require a subscription. are there still magazines that give out prices?

i also then notice that there are tools that try to conglomerate last prices sold on ebay, but im not sure if those are accurate.
    Last edited by propreffered7; 07-03-2020 at 05:05 PM.

WestAfrica has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) WestAfrica has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) WestAfrica has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) WestAfrica has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) WestAfrica has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) WestAfrica has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) WestAfrica has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) WestAfrica has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) WestAfrica has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) WestAfrica has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) WestAfrica has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000)
    yea man. it's pretty stupid that the grading system is somewhat subjective too; that would be inherent with human grading. maybe try resubmitting it and see what happens? could get a different grade

OP - how do you look up value of cards now? is ebay the only thing people use? ever since stuff has gone online - or maybe since i've looked for it - beckett and stuff seem to require a subscription. are there still magazines that give out prices?

i also then notice that there are tools that try to conglomerate last prices sold on ebay, but im not sure if those are accurate.
    130point.com
    Cardsnoop.com

lsiberian has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) lsiberian has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) lsiberian has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) lsiberian has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) lsiberian has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) lsiberian has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) lsiberian has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) lsiberian has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) lsiberian has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) lsiberian has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) lsiberian has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    I gave all mine away pretty much. My 8 year old self would be disappointed in me.

Just sold a card yesterday, 2019 Riley Greene Purple Auto for $510.

Other cards sell well also, sold this three weeks ago https://www.ebay.com/itm/224039220772

skier! has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) skier! has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) skier! has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) skier! has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) skier! has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) skier! has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) skier! has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) skier! has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) skier! has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) skier! has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) skier! has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    Bro there’s a Crosby rpa on eBay right now. Was at 55k with 7 days left a couple days ago.
    I went to the upper deck conference this year and met Bobby Orr. Last year was Gretzky.
    Dude I have been completely out of the market for 25 years. Will an 84 Fleer Update Clemens / Gretzky / etc rookies appreciate or are these cards dead? Assuming you can get them at good prices

Originally Posted by skier! View Post
    Dude I have been completely out of the market for 25 years. Will an 84 Fleer Update Clemens / Gretzky / etc rookies appreciate or are these cards dead? Assuming you can get them at good prices
    i think the market has gone insane because of covid. and i think new people have entered the market. i think the generation that grew up with it hugely prevalent (80's and 90's) prob died out for a bit, but now they're older and re-entering the market. and they'll introduce it to their kids. i'm thinking there'll be lots of cycles. like maybe 10 years from now it dies down but 20 years from now there will be renewed interest again when those kids introduced to it re-enter again. as long as sports don't die i think it will be good

one thing they're doing nowadays though is keeping production numbers down. i also think they have way more elite cards than they used to. so in the 80's and 90's they printed a chitload of everything so lots of cards are worthless, but nowadays they have things like topps transcendent where they only go up to 25, 10 and 5 and are 25k dollar cases. even 1st bowman chromes and stuff keep numbers down

also, one thing with clemens is he was on the precipice of the hall of fame. if he gets in, his stuff will probably go up

only has 2 years left on the ballot i believe but he got to like 65%+ last year and you need 75% to get in. not the worst buy imo, so long as they are rare and in good condition. idk enough about gretzky

skier! has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) skier! has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) skier! has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) skier! has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) skier! has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) skier! has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) skier! has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) skier! has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) skier! has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) skier! has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) skier! has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    i think the market has gone insane because of covid. and i think new people have entered the market. i think the generation that grew up with it hugely prevalent (80's and 90's) prob died out for a bit, but now they're older and re-entering the market. and they'll introduce it to their kids. i'm thinking there'll be lots of cycles. like maybe 10 years from now it dies down but 20 years from now there will be renewed interest again when those kids introduced to it re-enter again. as long as sports don't die i think it will be good

one thing they're doing nowadays though is keeping production numbers down. i also think they have way more elite cards than they used to. so in the 80's and 90's they printed a chitload of everything so lots of cards are worthless, but nowadays they have things like topps transcendent where they only go up to 25, 10 and 5 and are 25k dollar cases. even 1st bowman chromes and stuff keep numbers down

also, one thing with clemens is he was on the precipice of the hall of fame. if he gets in, his stuff will probably go up

only has 2 years left on the ballot i believe but he got to like 65%+ last year and you need 75% to get in. not the worst buy imo, so long as they are rare and in good condition. idk enough about gretzky
    Thanks for the response but I have no interest in modern cards although I love how the companies have cut production.

Want:
    84 Clemens Fleer Update
    83 Boggs
    83 Gwynn
    79? Gretzky rookie
    86 Canseco Donruss (Ironically I had a bunch when he did 40/40)

I can go on and on... Is it worth buying these cards if you can get a good price and they are PSA 8-10

Thanks for the response but I have no interest in modern cards although I love how the companies have cut production.

Want:
    84 Clemens Fleer Update
    83 Boggs
    83 Gwynn
    79? Gretzky rookie
    86 Canseco Donruss (Ironically I had a bunch when he did 40/40)

I can go on and on... Is it worth buying these cards if you can get a good price and they are PSA 8-10
    be mindful of the 80's production numbers. a lot of those cards are not worth much. but psa 10's because they are so rare still command a lot.

id say yes to the clemens because he'll prob get in the hall. even if he doesn't get in by the writers he could be voted in by players. the opinion on PED's seems to be loosening with a lot of these guys gaining ground based on the past years voting and i think it has to do with old writers not voting anymore and new writers coming in. may not be enough for bonds and clemens with the writers vote though. but those shortly after could see benefits

id say yes to gwynn as well since he's dead and prob less stuff of him out there. just keep it for a while

boggs i think you really need to focus on condition; like the 9.5's and 10's.

i just looked up his prices too and even his auto is not that much: https://www.ebay.com/itm/1983-Topps-...wAAOSw219e2SsS

canseco was not really a hall of famer, so im not sure he has appeal forever; it is most likely guys that grew up watching him, but again, a high condition (9.5/10) one is prob ok

edit: another thing to consider is other grading companies besides PSA. seems like a lot of people hate them and there are lots of scandals with people faking them and what not. there's beckett (which is good) and SGC seems to be up and coming

be mindful of the 80's production numbers. a lot of those cards are not worth much. but psa 10's because they are so rare still command a lot.

id say yes to the clemens because he'll prob get in the hall. even if he doesn't get in by the writers he could be voted in by players. the opinion on PED's seems to be loosening with a lot of these guys gaining ground based on the past years voting and i think it has to do with old writers not voting anymore and new writers coming in. may not be enough for bonds and clemens with the writers vote though. but those shortly after could see benefits

id say yes to gwynn as well since he's dead and prob less stuff of him out there. just keep it for a while

boggs i think you really need to focus on condition; like the 9.5's and 10's.

i just looked up his prices too and even his auto is not that much: https://www.ebay.com/itm/1983-Topps-...wAAOSw219e2SsS

canseco was not really a hall of famer, so im not sure he has appeal forever; it is most likely guys that grew up watching him, but again, a high condition (9.5/10) one is prob ok

edit: another thing to consider is other grading companies besides PSA. seems like a lot of people hate them and there are lots of scandals with people faking them and what not. there's beckett (which is good) and SGC seems to be up and coming
    Beckett is good? Lol once again I have been out of the industry for 25+ years. Beckett said a mint Canseco 86 Donruss was $40 IN 1988! lmao I was a kid and getting rich... Too funny, I thought they had to do with the bubble in sports cards....

Beckett is good? Lol once again I have been out of the industry for 25+ years. Beckett said a mint Canseco 86 Donruss was $40 IN 1988! lmao I was a kid and getting rich... Too funny, I thought they had to do with the bubble in sports cards....
    i thought the bubble was all the card companies saw cards doing well and so printed a chit ton? so they just oversaturated the fuk out of the market, and then right when the 1994 strike happened. i guess beckett could have indirectly had a part

beckett doesn't command the same price as PSA still, but i think its just good to be mindful of the fact that the grading companies aren't stagnant. one could take over the other at some point

there were huge issues with people cracking open psa slabs and replacing them with worse cards then sealing them back up not too long ago. just seems a lot of people think psa is kind of crooked. but because of how long they've been top dog they still command the best price

beckett due to their slabs are harder to fake, and are 2nd after PSA. SGC still in a distant 3rd but some people think SGC could overtake others.

im not trying to say which way they'll go just that its possible that SGC cards start to command the best price at some point

In terms of grading and which cards will get you the highest price the order goes

Beckett (BGS) 10 Black Label
    BGS 10
    PSA 10
    BGS 9.5
    PSA 9

I think SGC looks cheap and the cases look like trash. They were touting during the shutdown that their stuff was on point and was a much better deal than PSA/BGS. They put out some post saying that service time was on point in comparison to the other companies. They got all this extra business and couldn’t handle it and everything got backed up. Then they started getting roasted on social media for falling behind.

In the past 1 to 2 months all 3 of the big grading companies raised there prices by around 40%. You can send in a $10 card to BGS or PSA but you won’r get it back until 5-6 months from now. If you want to grade you should send in high value stuff and do it on a short service. I sent out 9 cards to BGS last week, each card costs $45 to grade but I will have it back in 5 buisness days.

i thought the bubble was all the card companies saw cards doing well and so printed a chit ton? so they just oversaturated the fuk out of the market, and then right when the 1994 strike happened. i guess beckett could have indirectly had a part

beckett doesn't command the same price as PSA still, but i think its just good to be mindful of the fact that the grading companies aren't stagnant. one could take over the other at some point

there were huge issues with people cracking open psa slabs and replacing them with worse cards then sealing them back up not too long ago. just seems a lot of people think psa is kind of crooked. but because of how long they've been top dog they still command the best price

beckett due to their slabs are harder to fake, and are 2nd after PSA. SGC still in a distant 3rd but some people think SGC could overtake others.

im not trying to say which way they'll go just that its possible that SGC cards start to command the best price at some point
    My feelings on the crash had to do with overproduction and overvaluation by Beckett. No reason in the world for a 86 Canseco to be valued at 40 in 1988 or a 1989 Griffey to be valued at 40 in 1990. That is Beckett and not the problem of Donruss or Upper Deck. Yes it is obvious that overproduction killed the wax years but Beckett is just as guilty. Also think of this, if a Beckett monthly was released on the first of the month in 1990 it was printed a week ago and they knew what the prices were before that. Had to be a ton of "insider" knowledge going around and profiting. Personally, I cannot believe people today have anything to do with Beckett. Just my opinion and like I said I have been out of the industry for a long time.

Caucasian, Bro/Brah/Bruh AlBHappy's Avatar
    AlBHappy has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) AlBHappy has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) AlBHappy has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) AlBHappy has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) AlBHappy has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) AlBHappy has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) AlBHappy has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) AlBHappy has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) AlBHappy has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) AlBHappy has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) AlBHappy has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000)
    Card grading is a scam. I have 1983 sets that have been in sheets for 30 years, they'd find something wrong with them.

My father in law was a flea market junkie, he bought a vendor box of 1989 Topps cards. For a laugh I opened about 6 packs and gave my 4 cousins 1 each. I knew every player.

Best part, they all stuck the 31 year old gum in their mouths. It disintegrated. Good times.

HaiMeesk has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) HaiMeesk has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) HaiMeesk has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) HaiMeesk has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) HaiMeesk has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) HaiMeesk has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) HaiMeesk has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) HaiMeesk has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) HaiMeesk has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) HaiMeesk has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) HaiMeesk has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    BRB Going out and buying Shaq 92 Topps rookies for $30 bucks a pop, instead of paying rent or feeding fam.
    Boston sports crew
    Live Free or Die 603 crew
    Ex-Howard Stern crew
    1974 crew

***Connoisseur: Les Derrieres de Femmes ***

My feelings on the crash had to do with overproduction and overvaluation by Beckett. No reason in the world for a 86 Canseco to be valued at 40 in 1988 or a 1989 Griffey to be valued at 40 in 1990. That is Beckett and not the problem of Donruss or Upper Deck. Yes it is obvious that overproduction killed the wax years but Beckett is just as guilty. Also think of this, if a Beckett monthly was released on the first of the month in 1990 it was printed a week ago and they knew what the prices were before that. Had to be a ton of "insider" knowledge going around and profiting. Personally, I cannot believe people today have anything to do with Beckett. Just my opinion and like I said I have been out of the industry for a long time.
    oh i agree. but how do you avoid the scam you mentioned? what about investing and companies with millions/ billions/ trillions of dollars at stake and you hire some dude who went to school for 8 year whos job it is to literally find out insider information/ facilitate it? literally fuken pay people to pull shady chit and hide it

i guess i just know theres tons of chit going on that we don't know about, stay out of it as much as you can but at the same time weigh pros/cons

Originally Posted by AlBHappy View Post
    Card grading is a scam. I have 1983 sets that have been in sheets for 30 years, they'd find something wrong with them.

My father in law was a flea market junkie, he bought a vendor box of 1989 Topps cards. For a laugh I opened about 6 packs and gave my 4 cousins 1 each. I knew every player.

Best part, they all stuck the 31 year old gum in their mouths. It disintegrated. Good times.
    yea, its definitely bull chit it's prone to bias. and maybe total bullchit that you can get 1 guy that gives you a 9 and the next day aother guy gives you a 10.

i'm pretty sure the standard is "mint" = 9. and you obviously know mint condition is like hardly touched. 10 = gem mint

and i agree with you 100% it's a way to inflate/deflate the market. but to me a 10 also keeps in mind "centering" and all that jazz. literal perfection so that the entire construction of the card is pristine

pretty bullchit it can come down to stuff out of peoples control but does give you more appreciation for 10's

oh i agree. but how do you avoid the scam you mentioned? what about investing and companies with millions/ billions/ trillions of dollars at stake and you hire some dude who went to school for 8 year whos job it is to literally find out insider information/ facilitate it? literally fuken pay people to pull shady chit and hide it

i guess i just know theres tons of chit going on that we don't know about, stay out of it as much as you can but at the same time weigh pros/cons
    I use to work in investments and you go to jail for insider trading. Plus there are all kinds of firewalls setup meaning only certain people have access to material non-public info.

These card valuation companies like Beckett I find it hard to believe they are setup with firewalls. it is literally like Back to the Future 2 where Biff Tannen (lol) had the results of sporting events. If you know what prices are going to be 2-3 weeks before the average collector does you should be easily able to rake in the cash. Also if you work in investments, you have to have your brokerage statements sent to your employer's compliance office and you have to get pre-cleared for each trade. No way in f*ck anyone at any of these card valuation services has to tell their boss what they are buying and selling. Very shady

I use to work in investments and you go to jail for insider trading.
    i know, but you telling me that chit doesn't go on? come on nowwww

i agree with everything else you're saying though

my only point is shady chit going on everywhere

I don't check out this sports forum much. Forgot I made this thread lmao

Encased basketball coming out in a few weeks same day as a Pokemon release. Put in an order for a case of contenders optic bball. Here's hoping i get some. Also put in an order for case of immaculate bball and topps chrome black.

Lebron card just sold for 1.8M

Big_Spaz has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Big_Spaz has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Big_Spaz has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Big_Spaz has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Big_Spaz has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Big_Spaz has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Big_Spaz has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Big_Spaz has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Big_Spaz has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Big_Spaz has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Big_Spaz has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000)
    I don't check out this sports forum much. Forgot I made this thread lmao

Encased basketball coming out in a few weeks same day as a Pokemon release. Put in an order for a case of contenders optic bball. Here's hoping i get some. Also put in an order for case of immaculate bball and topps chrome black.

Lebron card just sold for 1.8M

That is crazy! Right after the Trout just sold for a record amount. Only 5 of the Trout cards in existence, only 23 of this Lebron card in existence. And apparently Lebron has like 5 of the 23 lol.

-Spaz

Originally Posted by Big_Spaz View Post
    That is crazy! Right after the Trout just sold for a record amount. Only 5 of the Trout cards in existence, only 23 of this Lebron card in existence. And apparently Lebron has like 5 of the 23 lol.
    What a *******.

Something made that's limited edition for your fans... brb let me grab 20% of the total volume for myself. The f*ck is wrong with him...
    -SoutheastBeast1