MyBaddBrah has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) MyBaddBrah has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) MyBaddBrah has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) MyBaddBrah has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) MyBaddBrah has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) MyBaddBrah has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) MyBaddBrah has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) MyBaddBrah has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) MyBaddBrah has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) MyBaddBrah has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) MyBaddBrah has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)

Damn (Insane Exhaust Note) - Procharged Chevy SS - Cons?

What's the reality of building one of these things, as opposed to paying $10k more for a Hellcat or something? I get that it's a sleeper. But by the time you buy an SS, put all the mods in it, you're looking at $40k.

Would that extra $10k be for peace of mind? This thing doesn't seem very reliable or stable. Also doesn't seem like it would pass emissions tests, etc. Also, what else do you have to buy with the Procharger? I'm sure you have to change out many parts of the engine.
    *Hole is Life Crew*
    *Meditation Crew*

ClivesTriceps has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) ClivesTriceps has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) ClivesTriceps has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) ClivesTriceps has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) ClivesTriceps has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) ClivesTriceps has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) ClivesTriceps has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) ClivesTriceps has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) ClivesTriceps has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) ClivesTriceps has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) ClivesTriceps has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000)
    Pros: It's a V8, parts are cheap and a stock Gen IV bottom end can handle 800hp with proper tuning

Cons: it's a small block, literally the most swapped engine ever

I'm a big block guy. Small blocks can sound good, but they'll never sound as earth shaking and furious as a big block... plus LS/LTs all sound the same, just like Gen III Hemis (you cant tell the difference between the 5.7, 6.4, or 6.2 minus the wine from the enginge sound alone)

AS far as reliability, if you build the engine to handle the power and get a good tune, you dont need to worry. The costs of super/turbocharging go beyond the system itself, you need bigger injectors, a custom tune, upgrading the drivetrain to handle the power.. it gets very expensive.

If you were to buy a hellcat, the car is already built for FI, and the stock 8HP90 is known to handle 1000+hp and living for quite a while. The weakest link in the drivetrain is the driveshaft, and that's an $800 part to upgrade to a 1pc

an upper/lower pulley, ID1300 injectors and E85 will get you 900+hp all day on a hellcat.. Hellcats are heavy, but one with the mods I listed will do mid 9s all day
    Last edited by ClivesTriceps; 11-04-2020 at 03:29 PM.
    Worst jew in the world.

GnomeSaiyans Bruh Krackerjacked's Avatar
    Krackerjacked has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Krackerjacked has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Krackerjacked has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Krackerjacked has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Krackerjacked has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Krackerjacked has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Krackerjacked has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Krackerjacked has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Krackerjacked has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Krackerjacked has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Krackerjacked has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000)
    My buddy is running an SS with a cam, stall, headers and tune. Car sounds ridiculously good and runs like a raped ape considering how simple the setup is.
    They’re actually reasonably light for a sedan too.
    Sloots Gon Sloot.

yabbayabba has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) yabbayabba has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) yabbayabba has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) yabbayabba has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) yabbayabba has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) yabbayabba has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) yabbayabba has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) yabbayabba has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) yabbayabba has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) yabbayabba has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) yabbayabba has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000)
    Love winding my Coyote to the moon but I'll be damned if a cammed LSX doesn't sound like a beast. As long as you don't go overboard on boost a LS3 ought to handle 650-700 horse on the stock internals which is around where you'd get with a stage 1 ProCharger kit. The LSX engines are about bullet proof, there is a reason why so many racers do LSX swaps these days. I think the reason why the car seems kind of sketchy is the suspension probably was never upgraded. Most of the ProCharger systems are 50 state legal (nearly sure all the stage 1 systems are legal). I'm only familiar with ProChargers on Mustangs but they are just bolt on with normal hand tools and 100% reversible. The kit should have everything you need too (like if you need bigger injectors) and should be ready to go out of the box. The only thing I'd seriously be worried about is if it was the auto version that it wouldn't take that kind of power for very long. The Tremec would just laugh at it. If you were going to track it you'd want to upgrade the rear end to something better but if you were just going to roll race or just embarrass some euro trash around town you would be fine for quite a while.

If you want to go full retard and move to E85 and higher boost you are entering the world where it gets expensive and things breaking is the way of life. But a stage 1 on 91/93 should give you many years of trouble free tire shredding as long as you keep up on your basic maintenance.

SouthDakotaBrah has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) SouthDakotaBrah has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) SouthDakotaBrah has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) SouthDakotaBrah has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) SouthDakotaBrah has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) SouthDakotaBrah has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) SouthDakotaBrah has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) SouthDakotaBrah has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) SouthDakotaBrah has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) SouthDakotaBrah has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) SouthDakotaBrah has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000)
    I know the LS3 is a great motor for boost (lots of C6 Corvettes getting prochargers/superchargers)... I'd personally rather buy an F10 M5 for $30-35k and tune it. ~650 HP twin turbo V8 and its not like its gonna be more expensive to maintain than a supercharged LS3.

Doober4 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Doober4 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Doober4 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Doober4 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Doober4 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Doober4 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Doober4 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Doober4 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Doober4 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Doober4 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Doober4 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    Originally Posted by yabbayabba View Post
    Love winding my Coyote to the moon but I'll be damned if a cammed LSX doesn't sound like a beast. As long as you don't go overboard on boost a LS3 ought to handle 650-700 horse on the stock internals which is around where you'd get with a stage 1 ProCharger kit. The LSX engines are about bullet proof, there is a reason why so many racers do LSX swaps these days. I think the reason why the car seems kind of sketchy is the suspension probably was never upgraded. Most of the ProCharger systems are 50 state legal (nearly sure all the stage 1 systems are legal). I'm only familiar with ProChargers on Mustangs but they are just bolt on with normal hand tools and 100% reversible. The kit should have everything you need too (like if you need bigger injectors) and should be ready to go out of the box. The only thing I'd seriously be worried about is if it was the auto version that it wouldn't take that kind of power for very long. The Tremec would just laugh at it. If you were going to track it you'd want to upgrade the rear end to something better but if you were just going to roll race or just embarrass some euro trash around town you would be fine for quite a while.

If you want to go full retard and move to E85 and higher boost you are entering the world where it gets expensive and things breaking is the way of life. But a stage 1 on 91/93 should give you many years of trouble free tire shredding as long as you keep up on your basic maintenance.
    Just throw a methanol injection kit on it, not sure how popular they are these days but it worked amazing when I had a Grand National.
    ★ ★ ★ ★ ★ ★ ★ ★ ★ Browns
    ★ ★ ★ ★ ★ ★ ★ ★ Indians
    ★ ★ ★ ★ ★ ★ ★ Buckeyes
    ★ ★ ★ ★ ★ ★ Beer
    ★ ★ ★ ★ ★ Cavs

1slo5oh has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) 1slo5oh has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) 1slo5oh has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) 1slo5oh has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) 1slo5oh has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) 1slo5oh has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) 1slo5oh has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) 1slo5oh has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) 1slo5oh has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) 1slo5oh has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) 1slo5oh has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000)
    Originally Posted by SouthDakotaBrah View Post
    I'd personally rather buy an F10 M5 for $30-35k and tune it. ~650 HP twin turbo V8 .
    Cant say I disagree with this...

If I were in the market for another Sports Sedan it would be between 11-16 M5 or Gen 3 CTS-V.
    6'2" @ 247lbs

MikeLowrrrey has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) MikeLowrrrey has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) MikeLowrrrey has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) MikeLowrrrey has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) MikeLowrrrey has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) MikeLowrrrey has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) MikeLowrrrey has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) MikeLowrrrey has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) MikeLowrrrey has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) MikeLowrrrey has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) MikeLowrrrey has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000)
    Originally Posted by SouthDakotaBrah View Post
    I know the LS3 is a great motor for boost (lots of C6 Corvettes getting prochargers/superchargers)... I'd personally rather buy an F10 M5 for $30-35k and tune it. ~650 HP twin turbo V8 and its not like its gonna be more expensive to maintain than a supercharged LS3.
    BMW N63/S63 is trash. No way you're comparing that with the LS. If you want European + reliability, AMG >>>>>>>>

I was looking at old 2014 E550s with the 4.7 TT. One tune nets 510HP and 700torque

SouthDakotaBrah has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) SouthDakotaBrah has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) SouthDakotaBrah has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) SouthDakotaBrah has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) SouthDakotaBrah has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) SouthDakotaBrah has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) SouthDakotaBrah has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) SouthDakotaBrah has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) SouthDakotaBrah has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) SouthDakotaBrah has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) SouthDakotaBrah has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000)
    Originally Posted by MikeLowrrrey View Post
    BMW N63/S63 is trash. No way you're comparing that with the LS. If you want European + reliability, AMG >>>>>>>>

I was looking at old 2014 E550s with the 4.7 TT. One tune nets 510HP and 700torque
    To each their own. I follow these groups actively and I am comfortable with the S63 - its a good engine and reliable when maintained well. Not that expensive to maintain with a good indy mechanic.

S63 is more reliable than N63 btw, shouldnt be in the same sentence

edit: that mercedes twin turbo V8 is still dope... and here's some random cars for inspiration

https://www.rpmgaragetx.com/2014-mer...-75229/6819377

https://www.cargurus.com/Cars/invent...ting=282164164

https://www.cargurus.com/Cars/invent...ting=283709517
    Last edited by SouthDakotaBrah; 11-06-2020 at 10:53 PM.