eehee has a spectacular aura about. (+250) eehee has a spectacular aura about. (+250) eehee has a spectacular aura about. (+250) eehee has a spectacular aura about. (+250) eehee has a spectacular aura about. (+250) eehee has a spectacular aura about. (+250) eehee has a spectacular aura about. (+250) eehee has a spectacular aura about. (+250) eehee has a spectacular aura about. (+250) eehee has a spectacular aura about. (+250) eehee has a spectacular aura about. (+250)

Cool best home gym setup for under $2000?

Hi all, i recently bought a house with a nice spacious basement, and, due to the whole covid-19 situation i'm thinking now is the right time to make an investment in some home gym equipment. my favorite exercises are squat, benchpress, and deadlift.

right now, i'm thinking of going for a power rack, olympic bar, some plates (4x45,2x25,2x10,2x5,2x2.5) and an adjustable bench. this should allow me to hit all major exercises in the power rack.

does anyone have any recommendations or see any flaws with this plan? most stuff seems to be sold out right now on amazon. ps i'm in canada.

thanks!

Stasher1 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Stasher1 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Stasher1 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Stasher1 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Stasher1 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Stasher1 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Stasher1 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Stasher1 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Stasher1 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Stasher1 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Stasher1 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    Originally Posted by eehee View Post
    Hi all, i recently bought a house with a nice spacious basement, and, due to the whole covid-19 situation i'm thinking now is the right time to make an investment in some home gym equipment. my favorite exercises are squat, benchpress, and deadlift.

right now, i'm thinking of going for a power rack, olympic bar, some plates (4x45,2x25,2x10,2x5,2x2.5) and an adjustable bench. this should allow me to hit all major exercises in the power rack.

does anyone have any recommendations or see any flaws with this plan? most stuff seems to be sold out right now on amazon. ps i'm in canada.

thanks!

You're a few months late. Thousands and thousands of other people have been doing the same thing since the very beginning of the pandemic.

At this time last year, $2K probably would've built you a decent, bare-bones home gym setup. Fast forward to today, and your budget will barely cover a set of Powerblocks and a bench...if you can find a retailer with inventory.
    "What lies behind us and what lies before us are tiny matters compared to what lies within us." - Ralph Waldo Emerson

"An adult male weighs at least 200 pounds." - Mark Rippetoe

▪█──█▪ Equipment Crew #44 ▪█──█▪

||---|| Rogue Barbell Club #11 ||---||

Deadlift5 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Deadlift5 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Deadlift5 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Deadlift5 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Deadlift5 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Deadlift5 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Deadlift5 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Deadlift5 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Deadlift5 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Deadlift5 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Deadlift5 will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    Haha at Stasher above...you are a but late to the party, but it seems like things are improving a bit (slowly). Now wouldn't be the time to look at the used market, get on stock notification lists from suppliers (Rogue, rep, etc) and buy new.

A couple things:
    I used to have a really nice adjustable bench because i wanted the variety...it was heavy and I barely used it in anything other than the flat position. I ended up selling it and going with a rep fb-5000. This might be a place for some savings if you need them, otherwise variety is still nice to have.

Add a set of powerblock Db to the collection, again for variety. They take up very little space.

Thirdly, you mentioned "most of this stuff is sold out on amazon". I'm not sure what you're looking at but you may want to consider looking at Rogue fitness and rep fitness and reading a bit on this forum. You'll get quality stuff and the resale value will be a lot better if you ever need to sell.

jdforsy is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) jdforsy is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) jdforsy is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) jdforsy is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) jdforsy is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) jdforsy is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) jdforsy is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) jdforsy is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) jdforsy is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) jdforsy is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) jdforsy is a splendid one to behold. (+10000)
    I’d be ready with a plan at noon MST today, rep fitness will start accepting new orders. It’s your best chance to at least get an order placed.
    ▪█──────█▪ Equipment Crew #66 ▪█──────█▪

[]---[] Ivanko Barbell Crew #44 []---[]

My home gym https://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=175136471&p=1552985721#post1552985721

pondman is a jewel in the rough. (+500) pondman is a jewel in the rough. (+500) pondman is a jewel in the rough. (+500) pondman is a jewel in the rough. (+500) pondman is a jewel in the rough. (+500) pondman is a jewel in the rough. (+500) pondman is a jewel in the rough. (+500) pondman is a jewel in the rough. (+500) pondman is a jewel in the rough. (+500) pondman is a jewel in the rough. (+500) pondman is a jewel in the rough. (+500)
    80% of what I do, I do with a squat rack, bar, weights, and a bench. Most squat racks have pull up and dip bars.

The other 20% is a dozen dumbbells and some bands. I also maintain a cheapo gym membership, for its cable systems and odd machines, such as a leg press and calve extension machine.

philibusters has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) philibusters has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) philibusters has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) philibusters has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) philibusters has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) philibusters has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) philibusters has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) philibusters has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) philibusters has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) philibusters has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) philibusters has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    Titan FitnessTall Power Rack with 11 gauge steel with a high low pulley sytem... $750 (with tax--Titan has free shipping) https://www.titan.fitness/racks/powe...-PRLATTWR.html

Rogue Black Zinc Ohio Power Bar... $400 with shipping and tax https://www.roguefitness.com/rogue-4...bar-black-zinc

Walmart recycled rubber 260 bumper plate set... $450 with tax--Walmart doesn't charge shipping, if you order online just pick the option for store pickup https://www.walmart.com/ip/Diamond-P...0-lbs/47935308

Rep 3000 Flat/Incline/Decline Bench $325 (with tax and shipping) https://www.repfitness.com/rep-ab3000-fid-adj-bench

You might need to buy an extra pair of 45 metal plates and that will run you about $100.

That would put your right at $2000 with pretty nice stuff.

radrd has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) radrd has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) radrd has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) radrd has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) radrd has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) radrd has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) radrd has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) radrd has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) radrd has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) radrd has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) radrd has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    Originally Posted by philibusters View Post
    That would put your right at $2000 with pretty nice stuff.
    With the caveat that none of it is in stock.

kennycroxdale is not very helpful. (-500) kennycroxdale is not very helpful. (-500) kennycroxdale is not very helpful. (-500) kennycroxdale is not very helpful. (-500) kennycroxdale is not very helpful. (-500) kennycroxdale is not very helpful. (-500) kennycroxdale is not very helpful. (-500) kennycroxdale is not very helpful. (-500) kennycroxdale is not very helpful. (-500) kennycroxdale is not very helpful. (-500) kennycroxdale is not very helpful. (-500)
    Originally Posted by Stasher1 View Post
    You're a few months late. Thousands and thousands of other people have been doing the same thing since the very beginning of the pandemic.

At this time last year, $2K probably would've built you a decent, bare-bones home gym setup. Fast forward to today, and your budget will barely cover a set of Powerblocks and a bench...if you can find a retailer with inventory.
    Cost of Fitness Equipment

The cost of fitness equipment has not gone up as you have stated. I work in commercial fitness equipment sales and we sell retail, as well.

Some of the fitness manufacturers have had some price increases but not that much.

Most reputable retail store, like our, has keep the prices, as is.

Used Fitness Equipment

The price of used fitness equipment has dramatically gone up. Used equipment is as much or more than new.

That due to the fact that retail stores are out of stock because fitness manufacturers are out of stock.

That because everything shut down for a while. China fitness manufacturing shut down for a while. Then many US fitness equipment shut down for a while.

Add to that the surge in home fitness equipment sales and high demand for it.

In a two week period right before gym shut down, we sold through 3 months of inventory in two weeks.

At this point, the demand is high and the production is very low, nationwide.

So yes, it is definitely hard to find any fitness equipment.

Kenny Croxdale
    I guarantee it will Never work, if you Never try it.

Stasher1 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Stasher1 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Stasher1 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Stasher1 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Stasher1 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Stasher1 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Stasher1 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Stasher1 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Stasher1 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Stasher1 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Stasher1 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    We are all aware of the current state of the used market, but your assertion that prices haven't gone up on new equipment is incorrect. While the majority of larger equipment retailers have managed to keep their prices comparable to pre-pandemic levels, many of the smaller retailers drastically increased their prices. You may have been insulated from those pricing spikes in your little bubble, but to deny that it happened is ludicrous.
    "What lies behind us and what lies before us are tiny matters compared to what lies within us." - Ralph Waldo Emerson

supramax has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) supramax has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) supramax has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) supramax has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) supramax has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) supramax has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) supramax has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) supramax has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) supramax has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) supramax has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) supramax has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    Originally Posted by kennycroxdale View Post
    Cost of Fitness Equipment

The cost of fitness equipment has not gone up as you have stated. I work in commercial fitness equipment sales and we sell retail, as well.

Some of the fitness manufacturers have had some price increases but not that much.

Most reputable retail store, like our, has keep the prices, as is...
    What is the name of your place of employment? Weight plates that I paid 99 cents a pound for are now $1.80 a pound and the last time Fitness Depot had the PowerBlock 90 lb Sport EXPs in stock (that cost me about $690 before tax) they were $1,200 before tax.

Do us a service and state where weightlifting equipment can be bought at pre covid-19 prices.
    Now there are short and simple exercises which tire the body rapidly, and so save our time; and time is something of which we ought to keep strict account. These exercises are running, brandishing weights, and jumping…. Select for practice any one of these, and you will find it plain and easy. But whatever you do, come back soon from body to mind.

Seneca, Moral Epistles

kennycroxdale is not very helpful. (-500) kennycroxdale is not very helpful. (-500) kennycroxdale is not very helpful. (-500) kennycroxdale is not very helpful. (-500) kennycroxdale is not very helpful. (-500) kennycroxdale is not very helpful. (-500) kennycroxdale is not very helpful. (-500) kennycroxdale is not very helpful. (-500) kennycroxdale is not very helpful. (-500) kennycroxdale is not very helpful. (-500) kennycroxdale is not very helpful. (-500)
    your assertion that prices haven't gone up on new equipment is incorrect. While the majority of larger equipment retailers have managed to keep their prices comparable to pre-pandemic levels, ...
    You just stated that "The majority of large retailer managed to keep their prices down". I noted that reputable companies are doing that.

many of the smaller retailers drastically increased their prices. You may have been insulated from those pricing spikes in your little bubble, but to deny that it happened is ludicrous.
    In situation like this some individual/companies are probably taking advantage of the situation.

Since you are so well informed on this, please name the retailers that have drastically increased their prices.

Also, provide some reliable data of the before and after prices to to illustrate you point.

Kenny Croxdale

Originally Posted by supramax View Post
    Weight plates that I paid 99 cents a pound for are now $1.80 a pound and the last time Fitness Depot had the PowerBlock 90 lb Sport EXPs in stock (that cost me about $690 before tax) they were $1,200 before tax. .
    Post the link that shows Fitness Depot's Cast Iron Olympic Plates are $1.80 lb and the prices listed for the Power Block Set you mentioned.

Thanks,

Kenny Croxdale

supramax has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) supramax has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) supramax has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) supramax has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) supramax has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) supramax has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) supramax has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) supramax has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) supramax has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) supramax has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) supramax has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    Post the link that shows Fitness Depot's Cast Iron Olympic Plates are $1.80 lb and the prices listed for the Power Block Set you mentioned.

Thanks,

Kenny Croxdale
    I didn't say 'Olympic'. Regular 1 inch hole plates: https://www.fitnessdepot.ca/J11QMO30...lbs-wpr10.html

There is no link for the PowerBlocks, because they're completely out of anything 'PowerBlock'. I know what I paid and I know that the pretax price the last time I checked when Fitness Depot had stock, was just over $400 more than I paid with tax ($800 minus a few dollars).

Your turn. What's the name of your employer and tell us where weightlifting equipment can be bought at pre covid-19 prices.
    Now there are short and simple exercises which tire the body rapidly, and so save our time; and time is something of which we ought to keep strict account. These exercises are running, brandishing weights, and jumping…. Select for practice any one of these, and you will find it plain and easy. But whatever you do, come back soon from body to mind.

Seneca, Moral Epistles

You just stated that "The majority of large retailer managed to keep their prices down". I noted that reputable companies are doing that.

In situation like this some individual/companies are probably taking advantage of the situation.

Since you are so well informed on this, please name the retailers that have drastically increased their prices.

Also, provide some reliable data of the before and after prices to to illustrate you point.

Kenny Croxdale

Awww...Kenny's feelings have been hurt again.

I could also ask you to provide time/date stamped screenshots from all of the equipment retailers, large and small, from pre-COVID days to now proving that the prices haven't changed. It's a ridiculous request.

I know what I have seen, and I know what I have paid ($1.71/lb for standard 10 lb plates direct from Unipack) and I can provide a screenshot of the receipt.

As I stated earlier, you may have been insulated from theae price increases in your little bubble sweeping floors at Dick's, or weren't actually scouring the world to track down equipment like a lot of folks and seeing the drastic increases, but the regulars here are very familiar with what has been going on with the prices of new and used equipment.

Honestly, I think you only show up to spout ignorance and collect negs.