Too2Big is on a distinguished road. (+10)

2 Big (Time for a change)

So I guess I should write a little about myself first to give info since I’m gonna ask for some advice.

I am 30 years old and have struggled with my weight for the majority of my life. I havnt stepped on a scale recently but I know when I do it is going to show that I am currently over 400 pounds. Even though I have always been heavy it wasn’t until the last few years that I actually felt out of shape. Even at nearly 300 pounds I used to walk 5-6 miles a day and frequently played active sports like football and hockey, but now that my work has taken over more and more of my time I have become less active and allowed that to change. Now I find myself out of breathe at the slightest exercise. So it’s time to make a major change and get myself not into better shape than I have been in a long time but the best shape I have been in.

I do unfortunately have some challenges that I am going to be looking for advice for.

1. My main concern. Unfortunately I work 13 hour days during the week so that doesn’t allow me to make it to business hours for most gyms. So I am looking for some routine I can do at home that doesn’t require much or any equipment. I previously have tried P90x/insanity, but unfortunately after a few days because of my weight it ended up giving me shin splints From Impact from my weight. Any suggestions on a routine that is mostly body weight based would be appreciated.

2. At an estimated 400 pounds what should my calorie intake be if I’m trying to lose roughly 3-4 pounds a week?

3. As far as dieting goes. My main problem is going to be liquid calories. I don’t mind drinking water most of the day, but not having anything of flavor does get old after a while. Any suggestions on other drinks aside from seltzer’s that would be good just to break it up?

4. One of my other concerns is that with the amount of weight I am intending to lose over time I know I am going to have to deal with lose skin as a result. It’s one of the reasons I want to lose it slowly to give my body time as I’m losing it to return it’s elasticity. Is there anything specific I can do while I’m losing the weight to attempt to minimize the excess skin I am going to have?

faithbrah is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) faithbrah is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) faithbrah is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) faithbrah is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) faithbrah is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) faithbrah is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) faithbrah is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) faithbrah is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) faithbrah is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) faithbrah is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) faithbrah is a splendid one to behold. (+10000)
    1. you don't need a gym membership or home workouts to lose weight. sure, you should do resistance training when losing weight for the best results, but weight loss itself is about being in a caloric deficit

2. you could try eating 3000 calories from "healthy" sources since it'll be harder to overeat, see how much weight you lose in 2-4 weeks and go from there

3. flavored seltzer, tea, coffee

4. no idea
    positive crew

Luclin999 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Luclin999 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Luclin999 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Luclin999 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Luclin999 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Luclin999 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Luclin999 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Luclin999 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Luclin999 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Luclin999 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Luclin999 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000)
    1. If you weigh 400 pounds, then bodyweight exercises (squats, push-ups, climbing stairs, Etc.) will tax a lot of your skeletal muscular system for probably the first year of your weight loss.

2. No idea. You should pick a number like 3000 or 3200 and stick with it for 1-2 weeks and see if the number on the scale drops. If it does, stick with that for a while, if it doesn't drop to a lower daily number.

3. Iced Tea (unsweetened), flavored waters, diet sodas, diet energy drinks, Etc. There is literally an entire industry out there built around low or zero calorie drinks.

4. Loose skin is either going to happen or it won't. If you are really 250 pounds overweight though it is likely that you will have some degree of loose skin issues.
    ~ Like Tae-Kwon-Leap, my goals are not a path to a door, but a road leading forever towards the horizon.

jaxqen is just really nice. (+1000) jaxqen is just really nice. (+1000) jaxqen is just really nice. (+1000) jaxqen is just really nice. (+1000) jaxqen is just really nice. (+1000) jaxqen is just really nice. (+1000) jaxqen is just really nice. (+1000) jaxqen is just really nice. (+1000) jaxqen is just really nice. (+1000) jaxqen is just really nice. (+1000) jaxqen is just really nice. (+1000)
    1. At your weight, I would recommend walking at first not Insanity and P90x, and focus more on nutrition, not working out. You could buy some dumbells to do some resistance training, which helps with maintaining muscle mass when losing fat.

2. It also depends on your height.

3. You can drink zero calories soda. Coffee and tea have almost no calories. Also, you can use sweeteners like stevia, xylitol or erythritol.

Focus on low calorie foods to fill you up. Egg whites, chicken breast, greek yoghurt, most fruits and vegetables. And there are many recipes on youtube for lower calories sweets (pancakes, icecream) if you have a sweet tooth.

poker27 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) poker27 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) poker27 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) poker27 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) poker27 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) poker27 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) poker27 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) poker27 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) poker27 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) poker27 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) poker27 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    I’ve struggled with my weight my whole life. I would typically have the mentality that if I wasn’t hitting the gym, there was no sense in eating right. They always went hand in hand with me.

Here in Chicago, gyms have been closed for months. In the past 6 weeks alll I have been doing is counting Cals, and trying to walk about 10k steps a day. In 6 weeks I’m down about 25lbs (230-203). Eat less, and do anything. The weight will fall off and you will feel a million times better

schrickm5 is on a distinguished road. (+10) schrickm5 is on a distinguished road. (+10) schrickm5 is on a distinguished road. (+10) schrickm5 is on a distinguished road. (+10) schrickm5 is on a distinguished road. (+10) schrickm5 is on a distinguished road. (+10) schrickm5 is on a distinguished road. (+10) schrickm5 is on a distinguished road. (+10) schrickm5 is on a distinguished road. (+10) schrickm5 is on a distinguished road. (+10) schrickm5 is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    1. Dont be daunted by the journey ahead, its exciting....own it. As someone said earlier - include walking, but heres my list:-

a/ walking 60m sessions, quick pace
    b/ body weight excercises - push ups, air squats, sit ups - check youtube for right techniques
    c/ buy some dumb bells for additional resistance training, the sooner you are inducing metabolic stress the sooner you are making hormonal changes condusive to body recompostion

2. Probabaly between 3500-4500 depending on your height and your activity levels. Go here to check: precisionnutrition.com/weight-loss-calculator but try other sites also.

3. Loads of different types of o cal drinks and sweeteners, I hear erythritol and stevia are good, I prefer the former.

4. Deal with this closer to the time it starts to become an issue for you, age is in your favour.

Metabolic stress will become more and more important, I spent the first year working out how to train this second year will be focused on how to cycle between bulking and cutting and weighing my food.

I am planning on taking at least +3 yrs to get to where I want.
    Read a lot on the science part, look up some transformations online when you feel demotivated....and of course read this forum - some very good advice on this site.