PE10 is on a distinguished road. (+10)

Post Looking for alternatives..

Hi all,
    Not new to the gym but due to Covid, i have had forced time away, like a lot of us have.
    Unfortunately, with a new child i have had no motivation to work out at home.
    While away, i was diagnosed with lumbar region arthritis - not a bad effort for a 40 year old but life goes on.
    But anyways, i am unable to perform several exercises as i used to so am looking for alternatives for the following:

- Bent Over Barbell Rows
    - Crunches
    - Reverse Crunches
    - Oblique Crunches
    - Romanian Deadlifts

Would appreciate any suggestions.

Cheers

SuffolkPunch has the mod powerz SuffolkPunch has the mod powerz SuffolkPunch has the mod powerz SuffolkPunch has the mod powerz SuffolkPunch has the mod powerz SuffolkPunch has the mod powerz SuffolkPunch has the mod powerz SuffolkPunch has the mod powerz SuffolkPunch has the mod powerz SuffolkPunch has the mod powerz SuffolkPunch has the mod powerz
    pullups and band pullaparts will train your back as well if not better than rows

crunches - really? You don't need any equipment for this.

1 legged romanian deadlifts - with a weight if possible
    I have also been doing hamstring curls by hanging a band overhead an pulling it down with my heels while lying on my back

vristang is just really nice. (+1000) vristang is just really nice. (+1000) vristang is just really nice. (+1000) vristang is just really nice. (+1000) vristang is just really nice. (+1000) vristang is just really nice. (+1000) vristang is just really nice. (+1000) vristang is just really nice. (+1000) vristang is just really nice. (+1000) vristang is just really nice. (+1000) vristang is just really nice. (+1000)
    I'm 44 now, and had arthritis show (via x-ray) in my low/mid back around age 28.
    My back always feels its best, when I train heavy on RDL and deadlift. Weighted Hypers are great too.
    Anything that builds strength in the surrounding muscles is beneficial, at least in my experience...
    Jason
    First USAPL meet Feb 17th, 2017. Results S/B/D - 350/303/419
    Building a garage gym...

My advice is from personal experience only, use at your own risk, lol

Nicksosure1 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Nicksosure1 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Nicksosure1 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Nicksosure1 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Nicksosure1 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Nicksosure1 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Nicksosure1 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Nicksosure1 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Nicksosure1 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Nicksosure1 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Nicksosure1 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000)
    Originally Posted by SuffolkPunch View Post
    pullups and band pullaparts will train your back as well if not better than rows

crunches - really? You don't need any equipment for this.

1 legged romanian deadlifts - with a weight if possible
    I have also been doing hamstring curls by hanging a band overhead an pulling it down with my heels while lying on my back
    I think he's looking for alternatives due to his back issues, not lack of gym equipment.

With that being said, are you sure you are unable to perform these exercises? Specifically deadlifts. Some exercises (with low to moderate load) will relieve pain, as mentioned above, and decrease pain over time.

If you view some of these exercises as mobility-based, you could benefit from them. But you know your body better than I do. Do what your body and doctor says.
    Life is constant learning. Give advice about things you know. Ask questions about things you don't.

*Health and Wellness Coach and Coordinator for all United Bank Branches of Alabama

AlexSays is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) AlexSays is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) AlexSays is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) AlexSays is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) AlexSays is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) AlexSays is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) AlexSays is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) AlexSays is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) AlexSays is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) AlexSays is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) AlexSays is a splendid one to behold. (+10000)
    - Bent Over Barbell Rows: Band pulldowns, pullups (if you are able and have the facilities), single arm supported rows either with weights or a backpack filled with something heavy

- Crunches: If you are unable to do these due to your back issue i would substitute lying leg raises

- Reverse Crunches: Maybe not the best idea with a lower back issue. maybe try a reverse plank hold with shoulders on the floor and legs up on a chair (or something lower to start)

- Oblique Crunches: Side planks

- Romanian Deadlifts: I have suffered a lower back issue and would recommend just reverting to good-mornings to maintain mobility without adding load. If not then I've found foam roller hamstring curls really useful (just youtube it) while i'm at home without equipment. you can substitute the foam roller for anything 'rollable' like an exercise ball (i use my barbell with some plates attached)

pondman is just really nice. (+1000) pondman is just really nice. (+1000) pondman is just really nice. (+1000) pondman is just really nice. (+1000) pondman is just really nice. (+1000) pondman is just really nice. (+1000) pondman is just really nice. (+1000) pondman is just really nice. (+1000) pondman is just really nice. (+1000) pondman is just really nice. (+1000) pondman is just really nice. (+1000)
    Ab work can be done hanging from a Pull up bar are dip bar. Lift your legs. You can do more with ankle weights and marching with a high step.

Rowing? Use a cable or band. You can row sitting down or standing up.

Romanian Deadlifts. Don't know why you can skip those and do regular or sumo.

MarcusFitPro will become famous soon enough. (+50) MarcusFitPro will become famous soon enough. (+50) MarcusFitPro will become famous soon enough. (+50) MarcusFitPro will become famous soon enough. (+50) MarcusFitPro will become famous soon enough. (+50) MarcusFitPro will become famous soon enough. (+50) MarcusFitPro will become famous soon enough. (+50) MarcusFitPro will become famous soon enough. (+50) MarcusFitPro will become famous soon enough. (+50) MarcusFitPro will become famous soon enough. (+50) MarcusFitPro will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    I broke these exercises down into function and purpose--I'm trying to keep your core stable the best I can:

Supine Leg lifts -> Core Workout & Hip Flexion
    Hanging Knee Raises -> Core and hip Flexion (this will allow your back to feel REALLY REALLY GOOD!)
    Kettlebell Swings -> Core Tension & Hip Flexion/Extension

These are the best ideas I have right now! I'm pretty sure that these will hold you right now. Of course play with the rep ranges and sets based on your comfort.

Good Day!
    Marcus Morgan M.Ed, Exercise Science, Physiology

Owner of Home Fitness Galore
    Fitness Equipment , CHEAP Custom Workout Plans , & Fitness Supplements

Website: https://homefitnessgalore.wixsite.com/personalworkoutplans
    E-mail: homefitnessgalore@gmail.com