Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast
    newblifter95 is on a distinguished road. (+10)

Meat eating really that bad ?

So I got back from a seminar today about human nutrition by 3 different doctors as I want to learn more about how to efficiently fuel my body for muscle growth and strength on a scientific level, It went into detail about how meat can actually lower overall performance, Inhibit peak muscle building and in some cases drastically shorten lifespan with a myriad of health complications throughout a persons life, I won't go into details as I'll be here for 2 hours parroting everything they said.

So my question is this, If meat eating is so bad how come more doctors don't speak about it ? Or is it a tad bit overblown ? I came out of the seminar with a hell of a lot more questions than when I went in.

I'd be really grateful for people who are educated on the topic to put their 2 cents in.

AdamWW has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) AdamWW has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) AdamWW has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) AdamWW has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) AdamWW has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) AdamWW has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) AdamWW has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) AdamWW has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) AdamWW has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) AdamWW has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) AdamWW has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000)
    Originally Posted by newblifter95 View Post
    So I got back from a seminar today about human nutrition by 3 different doctors as I want to learn more about how to efficiently fuel my body for muscle growth and strength on a scientific level, It went into detail about how meat can actually lower overall performance, Inhibit peak muscle building and in some cases drastically shorten lifespan with a myriad of health complications throughout a persons life, I won't go into details as I'll be here for 2 hours parroting everything they said.

So my question is this, If meat eating is so bad how come more doctors don't speak about it ? Or is it a tad bit overblown ? I came out of the seminar with a hell of a lot more questions than when I went in.

I'd be really grateful for people who are educated on the topic to put their 2 cents in.
    Was this a vegan seminar?
    "When I die, I hope it's early in the morning so I don't have to go to work that day for no reason"

newblifter95 is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    Originally Posted by AdamWW View Post
    Was this a vegan seminar?
    No, It was not titled vegan or had any vegan sponsors it was simply titled "Human Nutrition" with the sub title of "How to maximise human performance", The doctors themselves were not vegan but they did make sure to state that their meat consumption was extremely limited to maybe once to twice per week.

๐Ÿ’™๐Ÿ’™๐Ÿ’™๐Ÿ’™๐Ÿ’™๐Ÿชณ snailsrus's Avatar
    snailsrus has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) snailsrus has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) snailsrus has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) snailsrus has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) snailsrus has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) snailsrus has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) snailsrus has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) snailsrus has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) snailsrus has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) snailsrus has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) snailsrus has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000)
    Eating meat is not bad at all throw the horse shet diet myth out the window. Humans are meant to eat meat, i donโ€™t for personal reasons but it has nothing to do with health

Tons of red meat can be too much saturated fat and cholesterol but just donโ€™t use it as your only protein. Most meat substitutes arenโ€™t very good for you like beyond meat. Highly processed and half fat
    Last edited by snailsrus; 06-18-2020 at 02:21 PM.
    SuperHercules crew
    cancer survivor crew
    Dyslexic crew
    Friend of Mr.Wilson crew
    Ugly and old cell crew
    Cat crew
    Insomniac crew

AdamWW has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) AdamWW has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) AdamWW has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) AdamWW has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) AdamWW has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) AdamWW has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) AdamWW has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) AdamWW has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) AdamWW has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) AdamWW has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) AdamWW has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000)
    Originally Posted by snailsrus View Post
    Eating meat is not bad at all throw the house shet diet myth out the window. Humans are meant to eat meat, i donโ€™t for personal reasons but it has nothing to do with health
    hmmm I challenge the concept of 'meant to' eat meat. We're 'meant' to eat what we need to survive and beyond that what aligns with our morals or preferences. That doesn't include meat as a rule... that's a choice.
    "When I die, I hope it's early in the morning so I don't have to go to work that day for no reason"

nitefeatherz is just really nice. (+1000) nitefeatherz is just really nice. (+1000) nitefeatherz is just really nice. (+1000) nitefeatherz is just really nice. (+1000) nitefeatherz is just really nice. (+1000) nitefeatherz is just really nice. (+1000) nitefeatherz is just really nice. (+1000) nitefeatherz is just really nice. (+1000) nitefeatherz is just really nice. (+1000) nitefeatherz is just really nice. (+1000) nitefeatherz is just really nice. (+1000)

I agree with the above poster. It sounds like someone promoting veganism. Even if they claimed they weren't there is no reason to discourage people from eating meat and promoting the negative aspects to it unless you're trying to promote a vegan diet.

Meat is like everything else: there are good things to it and bad. Depends on what and how much. There are ways to be a malnourished vegan just as much as someone can eat meat and be malnourished. Anyone telling you otherwise is trying to sell you on something.
    "We gain strength, and courage, and confidence by each experience in which we really stop to look fear in the face... we must do that which we think we cannot." Eleanor Roosevelt

colontos is a name known to all. (+5000) colontos is a name known to all. (+5000) colontos is a name known to all. (+5000) colontos is a name known to all. (+5000) colontos is a name known to all. (+5000) colontos is a name known to all. (+5000) colontos is a name known to all. (+5000) colontos is a name known to all. (+5000) colontos is a name known to all. (+5000) colontos is a name known to all. (+5000) colontos is a name known to all. (+5000)
    Eating meat is fine, those doctors are full of chit -- question, which aspect of 2020 has made you think you should listen a single word that "doctors" and "scientists" say?

Dorich has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Dorich has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Dorich has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Dorich has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Dorich has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Dorich has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Dorich has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Dorich has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Dorich has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Dorich has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Dorich has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000)
    Moderation with everything, perhaps?

WolfRose7 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) WolfRose7 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) WolfRose7 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) WolfRose7 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) WolfRose7 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) WolfRose7 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) WolfRose7 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) WolfRose7 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) WolfRose7 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) WolfRose7 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) WolfRose7 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    Originally Posted by colontos View Post
    Eating meat is fine, those doctors are full of chit -- question, which aspect of 2020 has made you think you should listen a single word that "doctors" and "scientists" say?
    Which aspects of it have made you think you shouldn't? That's not tabloid news
    5 day full body crew

FMH Crew, Sandbagging Mike Tuscherer Wannabee

I guess if you get cancer then you should just stay at home and pray the sick away then.

snailsrus has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) snailsrus has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) snailsrus has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) snailsrus has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) snailsrus has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) snailsrus has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) snailsrus has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) snailsrus has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) snailsrus has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) snailsrus has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) snailsrus has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000)
    hmmm I challenge the concept of 'meant to' eat meat. We're 'meant' to eat what we need to survive and beyond that what aligns with our morals or preferences. That doesn't include meat as a rule... that's a choice.
    meant as in we are omnivores not like we have to, we hunt and gather what ever the environment allows and we have canines for a reason
    SuperHercules crew
    cancer survivor crew
    Dyslexic crew
    Friend of Mr.Wilson crew
    Ugly and old cell crew
    Cat crew
    Insomniac crew

meant as in we are omnivores not like we have to, we hunt and gather what ever the environment allows and we have canines for a reason
    being an 'omnivore' is a decision, it's a WAY of eating... I think it's more accurate to say that historically we evolved as omnivores...

Humans are opportunistic in our diets... we can live with or without meat, etc... we're not obligate omnivores, it just happened to work that way in our history.

Also, the presence of canine teeth doesn't mean much... have you ever seen a hippopotamus's teeth? They have THE LARGEST canines in any land animals, and they're herbivores.

Or how about Gelada baboons? They're also herbivores:

Last edited by AdamWW; 06-18-2020 at 05:22 PM.

being an 'omnivore' is a decision, it's a WAY of eating... I think it's more accurate to say that historically we evolved as omnivores...

Humans are opportunistic in our diets... we can live with or without meat, etc... we're not obligate omnivores, it just happened to work that way in our history.

Also, the presence of canine teeth doesn't mean much... have you ever seen a hippopotamus's teeth? They have THE LARGEST canines in any land animals, and they're herbivores.

I donโ€™t know why your getting huffy I just said what you elaborated. We are omnivores but we donโ€™t have to eat meat. We are opportunistic and adaptable to our environment and what available. If we werenโ€™t supposed to eat meat at all we couldnโ€™t digest it
    SuperHercules crew
    cancer survivor crew
    Dyslexic crew
    Friend of Mr.Wilson crew
    Ugly and old cell crew
    Cat crew
    Insomniac crew

I donโ€™t know why your getting huffy I just said what you elaborated. We are omnivores but we donโ€™t have to eat meat. We are opportunistic and adaptable to our environment and what available. If we werenโ€™t supposed to eat meat at all we couldnโ€™t digest it
    Huh? I'm not getting huffy...

I'm just saying that having canine teeth doesn't come from our ability to eat both plant and animal food... and that we don't have to eat meat to survive... not sure how thats huffy
    Last edited by AdamWW; 06-18-2020 at 05:40 PM.

colontos is a name known to all. (+5000) colontos is a name known to all. (+5000) colontos is a name known to all. (+5000) colontos is a name known to all. (+5000) colontos is a name known to all. (+5000) colontos is a name known to all. (+5000) colontos is a name known to all. (+5000) colontos is a name known to all. (+5000) colontos is a name known to all. (+5000) colontos is a name known to all. (+5000) colontos is a name known to all. (+5000)
    I guess if you get cancer then you should just stay at home and pray the sick away then.
    yeah that's totally what i meant *******

Mrpb has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Mrpb has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Mrpb has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Mrpb has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Mrpb has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Mrpb has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Mrpb has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Mrpb has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Mrpb has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Mrpb has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Mrpb has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000)

If they were specifically mentioning processed meat, they have a point.

But there's no credible evidence that unprocessed poultry or fish has adverse effects.

Ask them for controlled evidence that supports their claims.
    Last edited by Mrpb; 06-18-2020 at 07:03 PM.
    Recommended science based fitness & nutrition information:
    Alan Aragon https://alanaragon.com/
    Brad Schoenfeld http://www.lookgreatnaked.com/
    James Krieger https://weightology.net/
    Jorn Trommelen http://www.nutritiontactics.com/
    Eric Helms & Team3DMJ https://3dmusclejourney.com/

yeah that's totally what i meant *******
    It's 2020. Please use your brain if you want to insult someone and not resort to homophobic slurs. Be an adult, or go play with children who operate at a similar level.

Mrpb has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Mrpb has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Mrpb has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Mrpb has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Mrpb has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Mrpb has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Mrpb has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Mrpb has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Mrpb has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Mrpb has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Mrpb has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000)
    Are you implying meat causes cancer?

I suspect you already know that the connection between red meat and colorectal cancer is based on observational studies.

Originally Posted by Mrpb View Post
    Are you implying meat causes cancer?

I suspect you already know that the connection between red meat and colorectal cancer is based on observational studies.
    Not at all, I was being hyperbolic in response to him saying we shouldnโ€™t trust doctors.... meaning to say if he doesnโ€™t trust them then I guess he should avoid them no matter what.

Not at all, I was being hyperbolic about him saying we shouldnโ€™t trust doctors.... meaning to say if he doesnโ€™t trust them then I guess he should avoid them no matter what.
    Makes sense. Just after I posted my comment I already realised what you meant.

desslok has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) desslok has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) desslok has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) desslok has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) desslok has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) desslok has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) desslok has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) desslok has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) desslok has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) desslok has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) desslok has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000)
    A better question is what are they trying to sell?
    2 time survivor of The Great Misc Outages of 2022

Survivor of PHP/API Outage of Feb 2023

SuffolkPunch has the mod powerz SuffolkPunch has the mod powerz SuffolkPunch has the mod powerz SuffolkPunch has the mod powerz SuffolkPunch has the mod powerz SuffolkPunch has the mod powerz SuffolkPunch has the mod powerz SuffolkPunch has the mod powerz SuffolkPunch has the mod powerz SuffolkPunch has the mod powerz SuffolkPunch has the mod powerz
    Originally Posted by Dorich View Post
    Moderation with everything, perhaps?
    That's why I became a moderator.

SuffolkPunch has the mod powerz SuffolkPunch has the mod powerz SuffolkPunch has the mod powerz SuffolkPunch has the mod powerz SuffolkPunch has the mod powerz SuffolkPunch has the mod powerz SuffolkPunch has the mod powerz SuffolkPunch has the mod powerz SuffolkPunch has the mod powerz SuffolkPunch has the mod powerz SuffolkPunch has the mod powerz
    Originally Posted by desslok View Post
    A better question is what are they trying to sell?
    This. There's always an angle sadly, even with 'doctors' (doctors of what? Homeopathy? Marketing?)

Dorich has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Dorich has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Dorich has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Dorich has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Dorich has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Dorich has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Dorich has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Dorich has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Dorich has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Dorich has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Dorich has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000)
    I would give my life for SuffolkPunch.

OT2000 has the mod powerz OT2000 has the mod powerz OT2000 has the mod powerz OT2000 has the mod powerz OT2000 has the mod powerz OT2000 has the mod powerz OT2000 has the mod powerz OT2000 has the mod powerz OT2000 has the mod powerz OT2000 has the mod powerz OT2000 has the mod powerz
    I feel that we are supposed to eat meat as well being the requirements for protein and how some nutrients such as B12, iron, Carnosine etc are abundant in meat and/or forms found in plants have poor bioavailability.

Now Iโ€™ll piss everyone off and say I donโ€™t think we were meant to really eat grains
    Your nutrition and workout program determines your success.

FL and NC crew. Lol @ living in PA. Just LOL.

Originally Posted by OT2000 View Post
    I feel that we are supposed to eat meat as well being the requirements for protein and how some nutrients such as B12, iron, Carnosine etc are abundant in meat and/or forms found in plants have poor bioavailability.

Now Iโ€™ll piss everyone off and say I donโ€™t think we were meant to really eat grains
    I feel that we're meant to never get vaccines because our ancestors wouldn't have an access to them. Best to die like nature intended

All jokes aside, I would ask why you think that having a higher bio-availability means we're 'meant' to eat it.

Example: Cows eat grass, and other crap (literally) found on the ground, as well as whatever else we feed them. They get their B12 (unless they're given an injection or supplement) from the bacteria they consume. Throughout our history, we would have ingested way, way more bacteria/B12 than we do now. Is there any reason to believe that we used to get most of our B12 from meat/animal foods and not from this same bacteria?

As for iron, although heme iron is more readily absorbed, that isn't necessarily a GOOD thing; it also makes it easier to get too-much of, and heme iron in high amounts has it's own concerns. It's similar to consuming too much of the retinol form of Vitamin A which can cause issues, but you can generally eat as much beta carotene as you want without ill effects (to an extent of course). Likewise, plant-based iron is near impossible to get too much of, and our body regulates it's absorption much better than with animal sourced heme.

As for carnosine... again it's a non-essential nutrient because your body can make it's own from other amino acids. Not saying one is better or worse, i'm just saying that bio-availability doesn't = necessity.
    Last edited by AdamWW; 06-19-2020 at 01:55 PM.

KrackerJackeds alt GnomeSaiyanBruh's Avatar
    GnomeSaiyanBruh has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) GnomeSaiyanBruh has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) GnomeSaiyanBruh has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) GnomeSaiyanBruh has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) GnomeSaiyanBruh has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) GnomeSaiyanBruh has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) GnomeSaiyanBruh has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) GnomeSaiyanBruh has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) GnomeSaiyanBruh has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) GnomeSaiyanBruh has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) GnomeSaiyanBruh has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000)

According to this website, they are omnivorous.

https://www.awf.org/wildlife-conservation/gelada
    Nah bro Iโ€™m sweet.

Originally Posted by GnomeSaiyanBruh View Post
    According to this website, they are omnivorous.

https://www.awf.org/wildlife-conservation/gelada
    I have seen different sources say they're herbivores... but there are plenty of other examples like saber-tooth deer, camels, javelina (almost entirely)...

There is equal reason to suggest that canines in some cases would have evolved because it allowed us to better chew/rip hard vegetables or in some animals simply to kill an attacking animal... not for the purpose of eating them specifically.

KrackerJackeds alt GnomeSaiyanBruh's Avatar
    GnomeSaiyanBruh has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) GnomeSaiyanBruh has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) GnomeSaiyanBruh has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) GnomeSaiyanBruh has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) GnomeSaiyanBruh has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) GnomeSaiyanBruh has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) GnomeSaiyanBruh has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) GnomeSaiyanBruh has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) GnomeSaiyanBruh has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) GnomeSaiyanBruh has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) GnomeSaiyanBruh has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000)
    I have seen different sources say they're herbivores... but there are plenty of other examples like saber-tooth deer, camels, javelina (almost entirely)...

There is equal reason to suggest that canines in some cases would have evolved because it allowed us to better chew/rip hard vegetables or in some animals simply to kill an attacking animal... not for the purpose of eating them specifically.
    Yeah, i was reading conflicting things on different websites. Who knows haha.
    Nah bro Iโ€™m sweet.

its not for ripping hard veggies itโ€™s for fighting
    SuperHercules crew
    cancer survivor crew
    Dyslexic crew
    Friend of Mr.Wilson crew
    Ugly and old cell crew
    Cat crew
    Insomniac crew