wesleephelps has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)

Alcohol in diet.

I have a feeling where this may go, but looking for some opinions.

I keep my regular diet fairly strict, but I also like to have a vodka/soda or hard seltzer at the end of the day just to relax and wind down. How much of an effect does that have and am I drastically hindering my weight loss/strength gaining goals? Lets say I have 2-4 Trulys a night, as an example.

I had 0 weights to work with during lockdown, so iv been putting in a lot of work at the gym every day to get back to where i was strength wise and more so trying to lose the extra Lbs I gained.

Technically im under budget on net calories and hitting macros. Just not seeing much weight loss, or noticeable mirror difference.

SuffolkPunch has the mod powerz SuffolkPunch has the mod powerz SuffolkPunch has the mod powerz SuffolkPunch has the mod powerz SuffolkPunch has the mod powerz SuffolkPunch has the mod powerz SuffolkPunch has the mod powerz SuffolkPunch has the mod powerz SuffolkPunch has the mod powerz SuffolkPunch has the mod powerz SuffolkPunch has the mod powerz
    Alcohol is like junk food - you can make it fit your macros as long as it doesn't trigger your appetite so that you stop complying with your diet (alcohol is well known for making people want to eat more).

The extra factor is that it's technically a poison. At very low doses, you won't notice any measurable effects but there is no completely safe dose either.

Practical takeaway - a couple of drinks per week are not likely to hold you back. Don't let it creep up though.

wesleephelps has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    Originally Posted by SuffolkPunch View Post
    Alcohol is like junk food - you can make it fit your macros as long as it doesn't trigger your appetite so that you stop complying with your diet (alcohol is well known for making people want to eat more).

The extra factor is that it's technically a poison. At very low doses, you won't notice any measurable effects but there is no completely safe dose either.

Practical takeaway - a couple of drinks per week are not likely to hold you back. Don't let it creep up though.
    Sounds about what i was thinking, thanks

davgrav is not very well liked. (-100) davgrav is not very well liked. (-100) davgrav is not very well liked. (-100) davgrav is not very well liked. (-100) davgrav is not very well liked. (-100) davgrav is not very well liked. (-100) davgrav is not very well liked. (-100) davgrav is not very well liked. (-100) davgrav is not very well liked. (-100) davgrav is not very well liked. (-100) davgrav is not very well liked. (-100)
    Hello! I try to avoid alcohol because it makes me feel terrible. Besides, alcohol kills all achievements, because my body immediately becomes heavy, and I don't feel like I want to do anything else.