DiorJalebi is on a distinguished road. (+10)

Beginner Muscle Imbalances

If you are new to lifting weights (only able to chest press 30 pound dumbells) is it worth trying to fix a muscle imbalance with something like chest? My left side is weaker than my right side (tris, delts, chest) and I’m worried by doing compound exercises it’s going to exaggerate this imbalance. Should I try to work in the imbalance or do hit the bench?

WolfRose7 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) WolfRose7 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) WolfRose7 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) WolfRose7 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) WolfRose7 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) WolfRose7 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) WolfRose7 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) WolfRose7 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) WolfRose7 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) WolfRose7 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) WolfRose7 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    No not really.

Get stronger on the basic movements, do accessories here and there as well to improve overall.

See how you are after a couple of tears of consistent training and diet
    5 day full body crew

FMH Crew, Sandbagging Mike Tuscherer Wannabee

BG5150 is a name known to all. (+5000) BG5150 is a name known to all. (+5000) BG5150 is a name known to all. (+5000) BG5150 is a name known to all. (+5000) BG5150 is a name known to all. (+5000) BG5150 is a name known to all. (+5000) BG5150 is a name known to all. (+5000) BG5150 is a name known to all. (+5000) BG5150 is a name known to all. (+5000) BG5150 is a name known to all. (+5000) BG5150 is a name known to all. (+5000)
    If anything, compound movements will work to correct that imbalance if you are using proper form.
    --There are no stupid questions, just stupid people.

--Are you eating while you are reading this? You should be... --hrdgain81

--The proper plural form of the Latin adjective biceps is bicipites, a form not in general English use. Instead, biceps is used in both singular and plural (i.e., when referring to both arms). The form bicep [sic], although common even in professional contexts, is considered incorrect. (from Wikipedia)

Nubgains is on a distinguished road. (+10) Nubgains is on a distinguished road. (+10) Nubgains is on a distinguished road. (+10) Nubgains is on a distinguished road. (+10) Nubgains is on a distinguished road. (+10) Nubgains is on a distinguished road. (+10) Nubgains is on a distinguished road. (+10) Nubgains is on a distinguished road. (+10) Nubgains is on a distinguished road. (+10) Nubgains is on a distinguished road. (+10) Nubgains is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    My personal experience is that most of my imbalances are correcting with just barbel movements. Just be patient and keep on top of your form. I have noticeable lat disparities and a wee bit in the pecs, but they're much less noticeable these days.
    Good Luck!

AlexSays is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) AlexSays is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) AlexSays is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) AlexSays is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) AlexSays is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) AlexSays is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) AlexSays is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) AlexSays is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) AlexSays is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) AlexSays is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) AlexSays is a splendid one to behold. (+10000)
    If you are doing your lifting with dumbells the imbalances will naturally correct themselves. You are lifting the same weight on each side and with the same reps. Eventually it will even out

I worried about this when I was starting out, now realise I barely had muscles to be imbalanced. Just gain steadily and once you've built a solid base in about a year or so you can start to assess if there are any real issues

MarcusFitPro will become famous soon enough. (+50) MarcusFitPro will become famous soon enough. (+50) MarcusFitPro will become famous soon enough. (+50) MarcusFitPro will become famous soon enough. (+50) MarcusFitPro will become famous soon enough. (+50) MarcusFitPro will become famous soon enough. (+50) MarcusFitPro will become famous soon enough. (+50) MarcusFitPro will become famous soon enough. (+50) MarcusFitPro will become famous soon enough. (+50) MarcusFitPro will become famous soon enough. (+50) MarcusFitPro will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    I wouldn't worry about muscles imbalances too much. Mind muscle connection (using your mind to contract the muscle that you want develop) is very important so I would focus on that. Performing exercises using free-weights can isolate weak and /or imbalanced muscles naturally. Try performing single armed dumbbell presses to develop muscle imbalances in the chest and arms. I hope this makes sense to you.
    Marcus Morgan M.Ed, Exercise Science, Physiology

Owner of Home Fitness Galore
    Fitness Equipment , CHEAP Custom Workout Plans , & Fitness Supplements

Website: https://homefitnessgalore.wixsite.com/personalworkoutplans
    E-mail: homefitnessgalore@gmail.com

BigPapi215 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    Originally Posted by DiorJalebi View Post
    If you are new to lifting weights (only able to chest press 30 pound dumbells) is it worth trying to fix a muscle imbalance with something like chest? My left side is weaker than my right side (tris, delts, chest) and I’m worried by doing compound exercises it’s going to exaggerate this imbalance. Should I try to work in the imbalance or do hit the bench?
    Dumbbell accessory lifts after the main barbell lifts. The dumbbell isolates the side you're working on, making sure both sides are capable of gaining the same strength.
    Examples: Barbell bench press followed by dumbbell bench press, or shoulder pressing with dumbbells after overhead pressing.