31. You may not vote on this poll
  • Agree

20 64.52%
  • Disagree

8 25.81%
  • Maybe

3 9.68%
Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst ... 3 4 5 6 LastLast
    Brackneyc has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Brackneyc has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Brackneyc has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Brackneyc has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Brackneyc has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Brackneyc has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Brackneyc has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Brackneyc has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Brackneyc has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Brackneyc has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Brackneyc has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000)
    Originally Posted by 7Seconds View Post
    Bad memories. She used to date a couple of them.
    “Like” button pushed.
    If you poke a bear in the eye, expect a bear like response.

Brackneyc has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Brackneyc has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Brackneyc has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Brackneyc has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Brackneyc has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Brackneyc has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Brackneyc has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Brackneyc has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Brackneyc has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Brackneyc has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Brackneyc has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000)
    Originally Posted by bustasinclair View Post
    I believe it's four and they were confederate speakers.
    I stand corrected. Point being, why? They aren’t being glorified, are they. What will it accomplish? I get tearing down all monuments. Hell, I suspect it won’t be long before they knock down the Big Washington monument.

Let’s get it on.

Mark1T has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Mark1T has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Mark1T has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Mark1T has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Mark1T has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Mark1T has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Mark1T has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Mark1T has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Mark1T has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Mark1T has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Mark1T has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000)
    Originally Posted by Brackneyc View Post
    I stand corrected. Point being, why? They aren’t being glorified, are they. What will it accomplish? I get tearing down all monuments. Hell, I suspect it won’t be long before they knock down the Big Washington monument.

Let’s get it on.
    Why is Nancy doing it? Virtue-Signaling Grandstanding.
    Helping one person may not change the world, but it could change the world for one person.

LWW has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) LWW has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) LWW has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) LWW has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) LWW has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) LWW has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) LWW has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) LWW has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) LWW has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) LWW has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) LWW has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    Originally Posted by x-trainer ben View Post
    it was in 2013, we need 2019 data.
    There were more than enough police shootings justified or not when the great messia (the guy who walks on water) was the pres.

And what is this pressing issue that Biden must now pick a black female about? Why didn’t Obama pick a black female?????

Humble Megalomaniac ElrondHubbard's Avatar
    ElrondHubbard has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) ElrondHubbard has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) ElrondHubbard has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) ElrondHubbard has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) ElrondHubbard has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) ElrondHubbard has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) ElrondHubbard has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) ElrondHubbard has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) ElrondHubbard has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) ElrondHubbard has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) ElrondHubbard has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000)
    Originally Posted by Corbi View Post
    It wasn't ever a social norm for Nazis to kill Jews, there was a world war that occurred and stopped that practice, not saying the war was strictly about this but to claim it was normal and accepted is ludicrous.

It wasn't a societal norm to lynch black people, christ how hard are you trying to reach for that? There are always outliers in every society that feel certain acts are acceptable but by and large their numbers are small and frankly those people are just straight up @ssholes.

The point is we can't apologize for all of the sins of the past and it's just something everyone needs to accept and put it behind them and move on. Constantly dwelling on these events is not helping anyone. Nobody you or I know is or was a slave, none of our parents were slaves nor did they own any slaves.
    https://blog.smu.edu/untolddallas/dallas1910/

This SMU writeup of a 1910 Texas is fascinating, but the image in it is worth all of the words.

https://blog.smu.edu/untolddallas/fi...8-1024x642.jpg

This is the middle of downtown Dallas, packed at midday, with a gigantic crowd of people looking at a lynched man named Allen Brooks. Pictures from this lynching were used as postcards.

Obviously the lynching of Allen Brooks is a particularly extreme case, but note that this is in broad daylight in the downtown of what was a major city by Texas standards (though obviously far smaller than it would later become), and the mob of people who seized and strung up Allen Brooks did not wear masks or make any attempt to hide their identities, and men, women, and children alike, of apparently all elements of Dallas society at the time, are gathered together to witness the big event, and then commemorate it as a postcard to send to friends and family.

Exactly. And Hitler was elected to power in part for his diatribes against the Jews, who a lot of Germans blamed for Germany's loss in WWI and subsequent economic collapse. Naziism was very popular in Germany, until the war was lost.

You can't have it both ways, Corbi. Slavery was a social norm in the 1800's, in certain parts of the world but not others. Anti-semitism was also a social norm, in some parts of the world but not others. Just because WWII ostensibly stopped the practice of officially sanctioned anti-Jewish policy, and murders, it was still a social norm in the time and place it was occurring.

Social norms always begin as outliers, but when they become accepted by a significant portion of a group within an area, they can be considered social norms. I agree that the perpetrators of those horrific events were @ssholes, but they were @ssholes who were accepted and even admired by their friends, neighbors, and communities.

As for moving on -- I agree with the thought. But it's exactly that failure to move on that is the cause of a century of state-sanctioned hatred in the south, and the erection of statues to Confederate "heros", and the continued existence of racism today. It's that failure to move on that results in incidents such as driving while black, birding while black, and all sorts of ways black people are automatically looked at with suspicion when pursuing normal activities. It's that failure to move on which resulted in the movement of African Americans off the share-crop farm and into the cities, the hostile reactions of the whites around them ("there goes the neighborhood"), the policies of people and businesses like the Trump family corporation to discriminate against them in housing, and to insure that they were concentrated into impoverished slums as much as possible.

If you think the legacy of slavery and racism is no longer with us, then apparently a lot of history has been erased for you, even with the presence of all those historical Confederate statues.
    “Those who can make you believe absurdities, can make you commit atrocities.”
    -Voltaire

mtpockets has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) mtpockets has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) mtpockets has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) mtpockets has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) mtpockets has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) mtpockets has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) mtpockets has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) mtpockets has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) mtpockets has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) mtpockets has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) mtpockets has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000)

Ok Sh!t just got real...

Dreyer's to drop "derogatory" Eskimo Pie name after 99 years

Loves my Eskimo Pie
    Air Force Veteran 1976 - 1999 - Cannabis Enthusiast since the 1960's

Retired at 40 Crew - Social distancing expert - Living the Dream

I use the gender neutral pronouns "Fukker/Fukkers" a lot.

****** I don't always agree with the memes I post ******

I tell it like it is, if you want smoke blown up your ass or something sugar coated. I suggest you get a Hooker and a powdered donut.

Mark1T has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Mark1T has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Mark1T has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Mark1T has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Mark1T has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Mark1T has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Mark1T has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Mark1T has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Mark1T has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Mark1T has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Mark1T has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000)
    Originally Posted by mtpockets View Post
    Dreyer's to drop "derogatory" Eskimo Pie name after 99 years

Loves my Eskimo Pie
    Me, too. Eskimo Pies Matter, bruh.
    Helping one person may not change the world, but it could change the world for one person.

mtpockets has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) mtpockets has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) mtpockets has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) mtpockets has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) mtpockets has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) mtpockets has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) mtpockets has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) mtpockets has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) mtpockets has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) mtpockets has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) mtpockets has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000)

I tell it like it is, if you want smoke blown up your ass or something sugar coated. I suggest you get a Hooker and a powdered donut.

This guy makes sense

Agree or Disagree?

LWW has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) LWW has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) LWW has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) LWW has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) LWW has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) LWW has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) LWW has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) LWW has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) LWW has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) LWW has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) LWW has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    [QUOTE=ElrondHubbard;1608291281
    It's that failure to move on that results in incidents such as driving while black[/QUOTE]

Hopefully when you get to a 405 dead lift, your mind will expand and you won't say such silly things, or is that just isolated life in the desert?

I live right there at the city limits and there is no "driving while black" stuff, there are so many black people too. Walking while white could be bad in certain areas but I would never loot and steal over it.

Now people have been known to be scared of the squeegee boyz, and that's because they a reputation to do what the Lucky Luciano did when he had a window business, meaning if you don't use our product your windows will get broken.

Lucky was Italian, the squeegee boyz just happen to be black.

The cops don't do anything to stop the squeegee boyz from operating.

The desert life does not give you a good perspective of real life, sir.

Finally accused of juicin Corbi's Avatar
    Corbi has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Corbi has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Corbi has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Corbi has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Corbi has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Corbi has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Corbi has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Corbi has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Corbi has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Corbi has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Corbi has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000)
    Damn shame none of the “peaceful protesters “ actually weren’t squished. Climb on & start beating on a cop car & they are shocked at the results?
    "You know that little thing in your head that keeps you from saying things you shouldn't? Yeah, well, I don't have one of those."

supramax has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) supramax has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) supramax has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) supramax has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) supramax has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) supramax has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) supramax has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) supramax has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) supramax has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) supramax has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) supramax has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    Originally Posted by Corbi View Post
    Damn shame none of the “peaceful protesters “ actually weren’t squished. Climb on & start beating on a cop car & they are shocked at the results?
    I'm sure the officers were concerned for their own safety and rightly so.
    What they did was completely justified.

Humble Megalomaniac ElrondHubbard's Avatar
    ElrondHubbard has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) ElrondHubbard has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) ElrondHubbard has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) ElrondHubbard has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) ElrondHubbard has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) ElrondHubbard has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) ElrondHubbard has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) ElrondHubbard has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) ElrondHubbard has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) ElrondHubbard has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) ElrondHubbard has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000)
    Originally Posted by supramax View Post
    After watching the video, I'd have to agree. The stop and go motion of the car was an attempt to get the people off of it. It didn't drive into the crowd, it was trying to get out of the crowd.
    “Those who can make you believe absurdities, can make you commit atrocities.”
    -Voltaire

Originally Posted by supramax View Post

Protesters have no right to block traffic.....Also, I've rarely ever had a vehicle with a working air conditioner, damn that White Privilege gets me so much!

Originally Posted by ElrondHubbard View Post
    After watching the video, I'd have to agree. The stop and go motion of the car was an attempt to get the people off of it. It didn't drive into the crowd, it was trying to get out of the crowd.
    So, that's only what it takes? I hope you know that enough of "those people" could flip a car, or pull out a driver, very quickly.

The one guy (actually the only black guy, the rest where a bunch whiny white kids), actually tried to stop the car, what an idiot? This is mindset you are dealing with.

I still think you are a freaking naive moron, sir.

I believe this was an unlocked gated community the protesters entered. that's the most I could find, perhaps someone else has better info with a link

Corbi has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Corbi has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Corbi has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Corbi has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Corbi has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Corbi has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Corbi has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Corbi has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Corbi has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Corbi has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Corbi has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000)

I believe this was an unlocked gated community the protesters entered. that's the most I could find, perhaps someone else has better info with a link
    I do not know if the gate was locked but I do know it had private property & No trespassing signs. The one video I saw had one side of the gate open and the other was still in an upright and attached position, afterwards the other side was ripped off for whatever reason?
    "You know that little thing in your head that keeps you from saying things you shouldn't? Yeah, well, I don't have one of those."

St. Louis Circuit Attorney Kim Gardner said her office is investigating the incident, adding that protesters should not be met with violence.

"I am alarmed at the events that occurred over the weekend, where peaceful protesters were met by guns and a violent assault. We must protect the right to peacefully protest, and any attempt to chill it through intimidation or threat of deadly force will not be tolerated,"

I read some were that they want the homeowners charged with assault

We shall see how this plays out.

Can't speak for the authenticity of this pic, but if it's real, those protesters were lucky, look at those eyes, her finger on the trigger and by the stains on her shirt, she looks like she lost a fight with her hot dog.. Bitch looks like she means business

St. Louis Circuit Attorney Kim Gardner said her office is investigating the incident, adding that protesters should not be met with violence.

"I am alarmed at the events that occurred over the weekend, where peaceful protesters were met by guns and a violent assault. We must protect the right to peacefully protest, and any attempt to chill it through intimidation or threat of deadly force will not be tolerated,"

I read some were that they want the homeowners charged with assault

We shall see how this plays out.
    I’m going to predict nothing will come of this, and nothing should. No one got hurt.

If they had followed the directions of the signage, they would have gone back home upon reading the sign. They made the wrong choice. Next time they will make a different decision, or the homeowners might.

7Seconds has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) 7Seconds has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) 7Seconds has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) 7Seconds has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) 7Seconds has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) 7Seconds has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) 7Seconds has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) 7Seconds has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) 7Seconds has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) 7Seconds has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) 7Seconds has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000)

Can't speak for the authenticity of this pic, but if it's real, those protesters were lucky, look at those eyes, her finger on the trigger and by the stains on her shirt, she looks like she lost a fight with her hot dog.. Bitch looks like she means business

Half the video I saw he has the rifle across his body pointing off to who knows where and she literally aimed the gun at the back of his head at one point.

Im glad they believe in their second amendment rights but I honestly hope they see some of the criticisms and take the time to work on doing it more safely.

If someone in the mob was armed and decided to escalate the situation these two are more than likely on the losing end of the outcome. They clearly think that they are ready but everything they are presenting shows that they are not.
    "it's likely one of us will have to spend some days alone"

_zman has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) _zman has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) _zman has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) _zman has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) _zman has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) _zman has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) _zman has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) _zman has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) _zman has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) _zman has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) _zman has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000)
    The media conveniently doesn't show or mention the broken out back window of the squad car.

Half the video I saw he has the rifle across his body pointing off to who knows where and she literally aimed the gun at the back of his head at one point.

Im glad they believe in their second amendment rights but I honestly hope they see some of the criticisms and take the time to work on doing it more safely.

If someone in the mob was armed and decided to escalate the situation these two are more than likely on the losing end of the outcome. They clearly think that they are ready but everything they are presenting shows that they are not.
    I'd say this couple handled the situation quite well. Have you seen the inside of that house? It's basically a historical landmark type of house that would be protected in my city. It could not be torn down, period.

Honestly, I'd say I'm a pretty calm person in most situations, but I probably would have popped off a couple rounds in that situation, not necessarily at anyone, but that's how I would have handled it I'm sure, so they did better than I would have done in that situation.
    ★★★ A State of Trance Crew ★★★
    ♞♞♞ Misc Horse Head Crew ♞♞♞

7Seconds has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) 7Seconds has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) 7Seconds has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) 7Seconds has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) 7Seconds has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) 7Seconds has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) 7Seconds has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) 7Seconds has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) 7Seconds has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) 7Seconds has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) 7Seconds has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000)
    Originally Posted by _zman View Post
    The media conveniently doesn't show or mention the broken out back window of the squad car.

I'd say this couple handled the situation quite well. Have you seen the inside of that house? It's basically a historical landmark type of house that would be protected in my city. It could not be torn down, period.

Honestly, I'd say I'm a pretty calm person in most situations, but I probably would have popped off a couple rounds in that situation, not necessarily at anyone, but that's how I would have handled it I'm sure, so they did better than I would have done in that situation.
    I support their decision to defend themselves, but they seriously need some training on proper gun safety. They could have displayed the resolve to defend themselves while also keeping the weapons at a low port, fingers off triggers, and without approaching the crowd going by.

Stay on the porch area, demonstrate they are willing to defend themselves in a safe manner, and inform the police of what is happening. Gun ownership comes with an inherent requirement to be a safe and responsible armed citizen.
    "it's likely one of us will have to spend some days alone"

I support their decision to defend themselves, but they seriously need some training on proper gun safety. They could have displayed the resolve to defend themselves while also keeping the weapons at a low port, fingers off triggers, and without approaching the crowd going by.

Stay on the porch area, demonstrate they are willing to defend themselves in a safe manner, and inform the police of what is happening. Gun ownership comes with an inherent requirement to be a safe and responsible armed citizen.
    We are getting into the weeds with this topic and need to focus on the aspect that were legally armed and willing to stand up to the crowd. Did they show the best use of trigger discipline or any training at all, not really but then they probably never thought they would be thrust into that position and instead of demonizing the couple they should be congratulated on standing their ground and it didn't escalate any further. Funny thing about mobs is when they are faced with the prospect of being hurt or killed they tend to back off and not do stupid stuff.

acrawlingchaos has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) acrawlingchaos has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) acrawlingchaos has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) acrawlingchaos has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) acrawlingchaos has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) acrawlingchaos has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) acrawlingchaos has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) acrawlingchaos has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) acrawlingchaos has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) acrawlingchaos has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) acrawlingchaos has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000)

Whoopty sh*t, they didn't handle themselves like trained individuals. It was their property being trespassed upon. Why don't you actually have some sympathy for the victims. Marchers had no business being there.... period.

What crime did they commit? Not looking cool enough with a gun?

Agree or Disagree

You ever held a gun when **** was going down?

No one got hurt on either side. That is the definition of mission accomplished.

I have zero issues with how they handled it. The press can stfu, and the protesters showed what they were made of.