jamiew23 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) jamiew23 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) jamiew23 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) jamiew23 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) jamiew23 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) jamiew23 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) jamiew23 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) jamiew23 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) jamiew23 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) jamiew23 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) jamiew23 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)

Question Can’t cross legs - Hip Flexors?

So for ages now I’ve not been able to sit cross legged.

My whole hip area feels tight, when I do leg raises my hips click and I suffer from lower back pain when I do heavy deadlifts etc.

For a few months now I’ve been doing some stretches each day and some strengthening exercises. Nothing major but it’s a start, routine is here https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=j5VsVh8dtsc

I’ve not really noticed any important at all and wondered if anyone had any advice on what I can do.

Are they tight weak hip flexors do you think and if so what’s the best way to tackle this?

Thank you!

SuffolkPunch has the mod powerz SuffolkPunch has the mod powerz SuffolkPunch has the mod powerz SuffolkPunch has the mod powerz SuffolkPunch has the mod powerz SuffolkPunch has the mod powerz SuffolkPunch has the mod powerz SuffolkPunch has the mod powerz SuffolkPunch has the mod powerz SuffolkPunch has the mod powerz SuffolkPunch has the mod powerz
    Tight hip flexors can be a result of lower back issues. The muscle tightens to protect the area.

Make sure you are doing hip hinge exercises with proper form (no spinal flexion).

But also do isolation exercises for the lower back like hypers. And do glute exercises like hip thruster and abduction machine.

jamiew23 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) jamiew23 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) jamiew23 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) jamiew23 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) jamiew23 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) jamiew23 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) jamiew23 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) jamiew23 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) jamiew23 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) jamiew23 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) jamiew23 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    Thank you!

Are there any particular routines and such I could follow?

Are muscles okay to stretch when they are sore from working them out the day before?

I’ve also started doing an abs routine every other day alongside stretches to build a better stabilising core which I’m hoping will help too.

SuffolkPunch has the mod powerz SuffolkPunch has the mod powerz SuffolkPunch has the mod powerz SuffolkPunch has the mod powerz SuffolkPunch has the mod powerz SuffolkPunch has the mod powerz SuffolkPunch has the mod powerz SuffolkPunch has the mod powerz SuffolkPunch has the mod powerz SuffolkPunch has the mod powerz SuffolkPunch has the mod powerz
    I would say that doing lots of ab exercises at best will not help. At worst, it can just antagonise sensitive hip flexors. I can't make a routine for you but if you add the ones I mentioned to whatever you are doing, you stand a chance of fixing the issue. If not, you should consult a sports physio when that becomes possible again.