StumpingIron will become famous soon enough. (+50) StumpingIron will become famous soon enough. (+50) StumpingIron will become famous soon enough. (+50) StumpingIron will become famous soon enough. (+50) StumpingIron will become famous soon enough. (+50) StumpingIron will become famous soon enough. (+50) StumpingIron will become famous soon enough. (+50) StumpingIron will become famous soon enough. (+50) StumpingIron will become famous soon enough. (+50) StumpingIron will become famous soon enough. (+50) StumpingIron will become famous soon enough. (+50)

230kg deadlift Possibility before 17

Hey I’m 16 and I just hit a max of 200kg deadlift last weekend. The form fairly good and went up pretty fast. Now I have 15 weeks until I’m 17 and I’m aiming for a 230kg or 500 pound deadlift. Do you think that this is at all likely if I go all in train hard and eat right? Also I would show the video of 200 but I have no clue on how to upload it.

untranslatedZA is a name known to all. (+5000) untranslatedZA is a name known to all. (+5000) untranslatedZA is a name known to all. (+5000) untranslatedZA is a name known to all. (+5000) untranslatedZA is a name known to all. (+5000) untranslatedZA is a name known to all. (+5000) untranslatedZA is a name known to all. (+5000) untranslatedZA is a name known to all. (+5000) untranslatedZA is a name known to all. (+5000) untranslatedZA is a name known to all. (+5000) untranslatedZA is a name known to all. (+5000)
    I highly doubt it since the difference between getting from 170kg to 200kg is like a quarter of the effort to get from 200kg to 230kg.
    Dont push yourself to reach X lift by X age unless its for the all time world record in that age group and even then the risk of injury could be too high to justify.

No one remembers the 15 year old who benched 150kgs, they remember the person who broke the broke world records and gold medaled year after year. Do you think anyone really cares how much Olech or Balyaev lifted when they were 16 or the fact that they are some of the greatest in history (also Balyaev had insane numbers at 18)
    Athletics > Aesthetics
    I guess its time to start training again.
    - No longer in a long term relationship crew because sloots gun sloot.
    - Finishing a degree at age 30 crew

StumpingIron will become famous soon enough. (+50) StumpingIron will become famous soon enough. (+50) StumpingIron will become famous soon enough. (+50) StumpingIron will become famous soon enough. (+50) StumpingIron will become famous soon enough. (+50) StumpingIron will become famous soon enough. (+50) StumpingIron will become famous soon enough. (+50) StumpingIron will become famous soon enough. (+50) StumpingIron will become famous soon enough. (+50) StumpingIron will become famous soon enough. (+50) StumpingIron will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    Yeah fair enough mate cheers for the advice I suppose I’ll try to work on getting my squat up a bit more to match everything else

DCSpartan has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) DCSpartan has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) DCSpartan has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) DCSpartan has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) DCSpartan has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) DCSpartan has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) DCSpartan has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) DCSpartan has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) DCSpartan has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) DCSpartan has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) DCSpartan has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    Your best bet is to use a program that gets you to peak out.

Ive used Coan-Phillippi in the past to take me from a 200kg to about 225kg deadlift in the past (maybe not in 15 weeks though but Im way older than you).

Recommend you try that as well.

Originally Posted by DCSpartan View Post
    Your best bet is to use a program that gets you to peak out.

Ive used Coan-Phillippi in the past to take me from a 200kg to about 225kg deadlift in the past (maybe not in 15 weeks though but Im way older than you).

Recommend you try that as well.
    Cheers mate I’ll definitely give that one a go do you recommend any good programs that I could use with this one or just any good ones in general for strength?