ameade84 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) ameade84 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) ameade84 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) ameade84 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) ameade84 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) ameade84 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) ameade84 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) ameade84 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) ameade84 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) ameade84 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) ameade84 is a jewel in the rough. (+500)

New version of Kabuki Transformer Bar

I posted about a month ago asking for reviews of the Kabuki Transformer Bar. I ordered one on Memorial Day. They advised me at the time I ordered it there was a 6 week wait to receive one. No issues from me.

I got an email today saying that they had re designed the bar and I would get my choice of a new design or the old one. I’m going to take the new one I guess.

Here is what was in the email:

-Rather than a 12 point hex fit to change the angle of the bracket, the new bar will change settings with a pull pin, like how most other gym equipment functions.
    -The center bar and bracket are both clear zinc plated to provide significantly more corrosion resistance than the previous black oxide finish.
    -The sleeve will insert into the bracket from the outside, allowing for easy changing of the position from the outside of the rack and without bumping the sleeve into the pad.
    -Better labeling and documentation for the bar to demonstrate the best use for different settings.
    -Wider spacing between the bracket to accommodate wider racks and allow for easier unracking.

Just wanted to post this for anyone would could be considering purchasing one. That’s all of the information that I have. I’m not sure exactly when I will receive mine but I will post pictures of it when I receive it.
    Last edited by ameade84; 06-15-2020 at 12:46 PM.

glossyMac17 is on a distinguished road. (+10) glossyMac17 is on a distinguished road. (+10) glossyMac17 is on a distinguished road. (+10) glossyMac17 is on a distinguished road. (+10) glossyMac17 is on a distinguished road. (+10) glossyMac17 is on a distinguished road. (+10) glossyMac17 is on a distinguished road. (+10) glossyMac17 is on a distinguished road. (+10) glossyMac17 is on a distinguished road. (+10) glossyMac17 is on a distinguished road. (+10) glossyMac17 is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    Thanks for posting this.

This has been on my "maybe" list for a while. With the new design features hopefully it'll make my buying decision easier to make (it'll be either this or the Marrs Bar).

Please also post a review when you receive it.

MGM711 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) MGM711 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) MGM711 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) MGM711 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) MGM711 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) MGM711 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) MGM711 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) MGM711 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) MGM711 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) MGM711 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) MGM711 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500)
    I just picked up a Transformer Bar, I theorized when I first heard that Kabuki was going to be redesigning this bar that most of it had to do with the yolk, which in my opinion, is clearly the worst part about the bar. While I understand why they wanted to go to a pull pin design for adjusting the sleeve, it wasn't the worst part about the bar and neither was the finish. I'm sure these two things will make the bar better or more desirable, but it also isn't really addressing the downfall of the bar either IMO.

ameade84 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) ameade84 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) ameade84 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) ameade84 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) ameade84 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) ameade84 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) ameade84 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) ameade84 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) ameade84 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) ameade84 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) ameade84 is a jewel in the rough. (+500)
    Originally Posted by MGM711 View Post
    I just picked up a Transformer Bar, I theorized when I first heard that Kabuki was going to be redesigning this bar that most of it had to do with the yolk, which in my opinion, is clearly the worst part about the bar. While I understand why they wanted to go to a pull pin design for adjusting the sleeve, it wasn't the worst part about the bar and neither was the finish. I'm sure these two things will make the bar better or more desirable, but it also isn't really addressing the downfall of the bar either IMO.
    What route did you end up going for your new equipment? Last I saw you were undecided.

MGM711 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) MGM711 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) MGM711 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) MGM711 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) MGM711 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) MGM711 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) MGM711 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) MGM711 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) MGM711 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) MGM711 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) MGM711 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500)
    Originally Posted by ameade84 View Post
    What route did you end up going for your new equipment? Last I saw you were undecided.
    Well, the larger purchase is currently on hold since Rogue has decided to not take an itemized order from me even if I patiently wait for them to fulfil that order with a 50% down payment, and REP can't seem to get out of their own way right now, so I'm not in any kind of rush to make an order with anyone. Maybe I can sit back and just see what develops or possibly something used that I have interest in may pop up.

JohnRyann will become famous soon enough. (+50) JohnRyann will become famous soon enough. (+50) JohnRyann will become famous soon enough. (+50) JohnRyann will become famous soon enough. (+50) JohnRyann will become famous soon enough. (+50) JohnRyann will become famous soon enough. (+50) JohnRyann will become famous soon enough. (+50) JohnRyann will become famous soon enough. (+50) JohnRyann will become famous soon enough. (+50) JohnRyann will become famous soon enough. (+50) JohnRyann will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    Have the current production transformer bar and very happy with it. None of these changes have me regretting the purchase. I purchased back in February, took months to receive it.