jake5495 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) jake5495 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) jake5495 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) jake5495 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) jake5495 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) jake5495 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) jake5495 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) jake5495 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) jake5495 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) jake5495 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) jake5495 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)

How Do I Heal Tendonitis In My Shoulder?

Been weightlifting for about 6 months. Really intense workouts during the quarantine. 1.5 hours, 6 days a week. Excessive but thought I had a well-balanced routine. (More back than chest, hit rear delts hard, face pulls, etc).

I start getting pain in my side delt that comes and goes. I did not feel any pain or injury while working out and no drop in strength whatsoever. Just woke up with it. I proceed to train whenever it's not painful. Slowly gets a little worse. I quit weight training for the next 2.5 months and the injury HASN'T GOTTEN BETTER AT ALL. In fact, if anything, it got worse when taking time off. But even after taking 2 months off, If I try any exercise it proceeds to get even more irritated. My back is against the wall here.

Finally went to the doctor who diagnosed rotate cuff tendonitis (x-ray came back fine) and gave me a cortisone shot. It felt better at first, but now it's a week later and it's back to hurting. I'm incredibly frustrated. Rest seems to have only made the issue worse. Trying any weightlifting (even tiny weights) makes it worse. Hell, it even seems stretching makes it worse.

Does anyone have guidance? I will try anything. I love the gym and not being able to go (and not making progress on the pain while resting) is driving me crazy. Any advice is appreciated though I should note I cannot take any pain meds (motrin, advil, etc) as I have Crohns.

ReboundReps is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    Originally Posted by jake5495 View Post
    Been weightlifting for about 6 months. Really intense workouts during the quarantine. 1.5 hours, 6 days a week. Excessive but thought I had a well-balanced routine. (More back than chest, hit rear delts hard, face pulls, etc).

I start getting pain in my side delt that comes and goes. I did not feel any pain or injury while working out and no drop in strength whatsoever. Just woke up with it. I proceed to train whenever it's not painful. Slowly gets a little worse. I quit weight training for the next 2.5 months and the injury HASN'T GOTTEN BETTER AT ALL. In fact, if anything, it got worse when taking time off. But even after taking 2 months off, If I try any exercise it proceeds to get even more irritated. My back is against the wall here.

Finally went to the doctor who diagnosed rotate cuff tendonitis (x-ray came back fine) and gave me a cortisone shot. It felt better at first, but now it's a week later and it's back to hurting. I'm incredibly frustrated. Rest seems to have only made the issue worse. Trying any weightlifting (even tiny weights) makes it worse. Hell, it even seems stretching makes it worse.

Does anyone have guidance? I will try anything. I love the gym and not being able to go (and not making progress on the pain while resting) is driving me crazy. Any advice is appreciated though I should note I cannot take any pain meds (motrin, advil, etc) as I have Crohns.
    Probably need to do a load of external rotation exercises, check out things like the 'sword draw' and 'external rotation press' with resistance bands (see youtube)

Also may need to train your serratus with exercises like the push-up plus provided it doesnt make things worse.