sen2two is not very well liked. (-100) sen2two is not very well liked. (-100) sen2two is not very well liked. (-100) sen2two is not very well liked. (-100) sen2two is not very well liked. (-100) sen2two is not very well liked. (-100) sen2two is not very well liked. (-100) sen2two is not very well liked. (-100) sen2two is not very well liked. (-100) sen2two is not very well liked. (-100) sen2two is not very well liked. (-100)

Newbie meet questions

I'm looking to do my first powerlifting meet towards the end of this year. That is of course, if there are any. But I have a few questions as I cannot find clear answers when Googling.

Footwear: I normally do all three lifts either completely barefoot, or wearing vibram five finger toe shoes. Sorry, I am that guy. But I've seen some places may require some sort of footwear. Is that for all lifts? Is that normal for all organizations?

Gear, the material type. I do wear a belt when I go for a one-rep max on Squat and deadlift. I also use straps for deadlift. From what I can find, wrist straps don't seem to be allowed? Is this true for all or most organizations? I have a problem going mixed grip because of shoulder and wrist issues.

Singlets, I'm getting the sense that these are mandatory for all organizations. Are there specific rules and regulations for powerlifting singlets? Or can traditional American wrestling style singlets be used?

WolfRose7 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) WolfRose7 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) WolfRose7 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) WolfRose7 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) WolfRose7 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) WolfRose7 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) WolfRose7 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) WolfRose7 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) WolfRose7 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) WolfRose7 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) WolfRose7 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    sabo deadlifts for shoes if you are used to barefoot is the closest you will get that's not deadlift slippers.
    you need at least deadlift sandals, and I wouldn't squat or bench in those.

no you can't pull in straps, try hook grip.

you generally don't need singlets or approved equipment for local club meets, email the the person running it and check every time though
    5 day full body crew

FMH Crew, Sandbagging Mike Tuscherer Wannabee

sen2two is not very well liked. (-100) sen2two is not very well liked. (-100) sen2two is not very well liked. (-100) sen2two is not very well liked. (-100) sen2two is not very well liked. (-100) sen2two is not very well liked. (-100) sen2two is not very well liked. (-100) sen2two is not very well liked. (-100) sen2two is not very well liked. (-100) sen2two is not very well liked. (-100) sen2two is not very well liked. (-100)
    Originally Posted by WolfRose7 View Post
    sabo deadlifts for shoes if you are used to barefoot is the closest you will get that's not deadlift slippers.
    you need at least deadlift sandals, and I wouldn't squat or bench in those.

no you can't pull in straps, try hook grip.

you generally don't need singlets or approved equipment for local club meets, email the the person running it and check every time though

I'm curious if the vibram five finger toe shoes count as shoes... I guess this would be one of those times where I would have to check with the organizer from that specific event.

Drew23 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Drew23 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Drew23 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Drew23 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Drew23 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Drew23 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Drew23 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Drew23 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Drew23 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Drew23 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Drew23 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    Vibrams would be acceptable footwear in just about any meet. In general it's always best to read the rule book for whatever fed you are going to compete in.
    Best Meet lifts: S:705 B:605 D:515 Total:1735 (220)
    Best Raw: S:505 B:380 D:515
    Equipment: Inzer RageX. 2-ply Squat Suit. 2-ply Briefs.

God chose the weak things of the world to shame the strong. 1Cor 1:27
    ~ Molon Labe ~

untranslatedZA is a name known to all. (+5000) untranslatedZA is a name known to all. (+5000) untranslatedZA is a name known to all. (+5000) untranslatedZA is a name known to all. (+5000) untranslatedZA is a name known to all. (+5000) untranslatedZA is a name known to all. (+5000) untranslatedZA is a name known to all. (+5000) untranslatedZA is a name known to all. (+5000) untranslatedZA is a name known to all. (+5000) untranslatedZA is a name known to all. (+5000) untranslatedZA is a name known to all. (+5000)
    Originally Posted by sen2two View Post
    I'm looking to do my first powerlifting meet towards the end of this year. That is of course, if there are any. But I have a few questions as I cannot find clear answers when Googling.

Footwear: I normally do all three lifts either completely barefoot, or wearing vibram five finger toe shoes. Sorry, I am that guy. But I've seen some places may require some sort of footwear. Is that for all lifts? Is that normal for all organizations?

Gear, the material type. I do wear a belt when I go for a one-rep max on Squat and deadlift. I also use straps for deadlift. From what I can find, wrist straps don't seem to be allowed? Is this true for all or most organizations? I have a problem going mixed grip because of shoulder and wrist issues.

Singlets, I'm getting the sense that these are mandatory for all organizations. Are there specific rules and regulations for powerlifting singlets? Or can traditional American wrestling style singlets be used?
    For singlets take the wrestling one and ask if its fine (chances are if its your first meet they will say sure, unless its a higher level comp), and have some cash incase you need to rent one for usually pretty cheap. Dont go buy one for your first meet.
    Athletics > Aesthetics
    I guess its time to start training again.
    - No longer in a long term relationship crew because sloots gun sloot.
    - Finishing a degree at age 30 crew

MaxMaximorum is a jewel in the rough. (+500) MaxMaximorum is a jewel in the rough. (+500) MaxMaximorum is a jewel in the rough. (+500) MaxMaximorum is a jewel in the rough. (+500) MaxMaximorum is a jewel in the rough. (+500) MaxMaximorum is a jewel in the rough. (+500) MaxMaximorum is a jewel in the rough. (+500) MaxMaximorum is a jewel in the rough. (+500) MaxMaximorum is a jewel in the rough. (+500) MaxMaximorum is a jewel in the rough. (+500) MaxMaximorum is a jewel in the rough. (+500)
    I am wearing five fingers right now. I think there are two types of people with five fingers. People that hate them and think they look stupid and people that have actually worn them. I am not sure about wearing them for squatting though. I have ripped through older pairs doing much less than pushing on the sides squatting. I love them but their durability is not the greatest.

I would just get some Asics wrestling shoes instead of five fingers.