Ev0lutionn is on a distinguished road. (+10) Ev0lutionn is on a distinguished road. (+10) Ev0lutionn is on a distinguished road. (+10) Ev0lutionn is on a distinguished road. (+10) Ev0lutionn is on a distinguished road. (+10) Ev0lutionn is on a distinguished road. (+10) Ev0lutionn is on a distinguished road. (+10) Ev0lutionn is on a distinguished road. (+10) Ev0lutionn is on a distinguished road. (+10) Ev0lutionn is on a distinguished road. (+10) Ev0lutionn is on a distinguished road. (+10)

How do you keep the fat in control?

It's been 40 days since I started my first proper bulk. This was after I spent about a year losing 20 kgs of fat.

BUT in those 40 days my weight has shot up by 5-6kgs. It went up a lot in the initial 2 weeks, but I ignored that thinking its because of huge change in diet, exercise and also I'd started taking creatine.

But I anyway cut down a bit on my calories to keep the weight in check. If I analyse my weight data from last 15-20 days though it still looks like I'm on track to put on 2kgs a month. And from whatever I've read you can't really put on more than 1kg of muscle a month. So I'm still quite worried.

Its quite confusing. On the one hand, if the gains are mostly muscle then I should be super happy. But if they are mostly fat then I'm doing something wrong and need to fix it. But which one is it?

I'm guessing this is the fine balance that most of you must be facing while bulking. The one thing that could solve this mystery is being able to measure small changes in body fat. Do you guys have any reliable methods to do this?

I've started measuring my waist (which fortunately hasn't increased!) and going to buy a skin fold callipers as well. But please advise on how to deal with this mystery.

The funny thing is, I'm actually eating only 2200-2400 Cals at this point, and I'm 6' tall! I know this is wayyy lower than what most of you guys eat. But I still seem to be putting on more weight than I should be?

SuffolkPunch has the mod powerz SuffolkPunch has the mod powerz SuffolkPunch has the mod powerz SuffolkPunch has the mod powerz SuffolkPunch has the mod powerz SuffolkPunch has the mod powerz SuffolkPunch has the mod powerz SuffolkPunch has the mod powerz SuffolkPunch has the mod powerz SuffolkPunch has the mod powerz SuffolkPunch has the mod powerz
    2kg a month is a tad too much. Maybe reduce your daily calorie intake by 300 and see how you get on.

It sounds like you are miscounting calories otherwise you wouldn't be gaining 0.5kg a week. But make the adjustment to what you eat now - and even if you are miscounting it will still do the job.

AdamWW has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) AdamWW has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) AdamWW has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) AdamWW has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) AdamWW has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) AdamWW has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) AdamWW has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) AdamWW has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) AdamWW has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) AdamWW has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) AdamWW has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000)
    Originally Posted by Ev0lutionn View Post
    It's been 40 days since I started my first proper bulk. This was after I spent about a year losing 20 kgs of fat.

BUT in those 40 days my weight has shot up by 5-6kgs. It went up a lot in the initial 2 weeks, but I ignored that thinking its because of huge change in diet, exercise and also I'd started taking creatine.

But I anyway cut down a bit on my calories to keep the weight in check. If I analyse my weight data from last 15-20 days though it still looks like I'm on track to put on 2kgs a month. And from whatever I've read you can't really put on more than 1kg of muscle a month. So I'm still quite worried.

Its quite confusing. On the one hand, if the gains are mostly muscle then I should be super happy. But if they are mostly fat then I'm doing something wrong and need to fix it. But which one is it?

I'm guessing this is the fine balance that most of you must be facing while bulking. The one thing that could solve this mystery is being able to measure small changes in body fat. Do you guys have any reliable methods to do this?

I've started measuring my waist (which fortunately hasn't increased!) and going to buy a skin fold callipers as well. But please advise on how to deal with this mystery.

The funny thing is, I'm actually eating only 2200-2400 Cals at this point, and I'm 6' tall! I know this is wayyy lower than what most of you guys eat. But I still seem to be putting on more weight than I should be?
    I suspect you're miscounting, like Suffolk said, OR you're dealing with water and extra food retention.

How often are you weighing yourself? Are you weighing yourself at the same time in the morning after using the bathroom in the same amount of clothing?
    The power of carbs compels me!

MrCarrot is a name known to all. (+5000) MrCarrot is a name known to all. (+5000) MrCarrot is a name known to all. (+5000) MrCarrot is a name known to all. (+5000) MrCarrot is a name known to all. (+5000) MrCarrot is a name known to all. (+5000) MrCarrot is a name known to all. (+5000) MrCarrot is a name known to all. (+5000) MrCarrot is a name known to all. (+5000) MrCarrot is a name known to all. (+5000) MrCarrot is a name known to all. (+5000)
    Are you weighing and tracking your calories accurately, or guestimating?

Are you weighing yourself every day and calculating a rolling 7 day average?

I think measuring your waist is good, personally I'm not sure how useful other methods are for attempting to measure body fat because I suspect they're so prone to error, and it's not like you would be gaining or losing super quickly anyway which means the differences in body fat measurements are likely to be small and thus even more prone to error.

Personally I found with gaining weight, I could do it by carefully adjusting daily calories. What would usually happen is I'd increase them by 200 a day for 2 weeks. Nothing would happen. Increase them by 200 a day for another 2 weeks. Nothing. Increase them by 200 for another 2 weeks, and suddenly I'd gain more than I'd aimed for. At that point I'd either accept the gain and carry on, or adjust them back down again by 100-200. But it was a case of constantly reviewing and fine tuning.

I'm doing much the same now trying to maintain.

Ev0lutionn is on a distinguished road. (+10) Ev0lutionn is on a distinguished road. (+10) Ev0lutionn is on a distinguished road. (+10) Ev0lutionn is on a distinguished road. (+10) Ev0lutionn is on a distinguished road. (+10) Ev0lutionn is on a distinguished road. (+10) Ev0lutionn is on a distinguished road. (+10) Ev0lutionn is on a distinguished road. (+10) Ev0lutionn is on a distinguished road. (+10) Ev0lutionn is on a distinguished road. (+10) Ev0lutionn is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    Okay so I'll cut back a bit on the cals I think.

MrCarrot - I am trying to do things as accurately as possible, and yes I do weigh myself everyday and look at a rolling average!

All these comments make me feel like I'm on the right track.

I was kindddaaa hoping that someone would tell me that it could all be muscle and I shouldn't worry and keep going hahaha... But I guess that's wishful thinking? I tend to put on fat very easily, so yeah this time really want to avoid going off the track!

Train hard play harder Tommy W.'s Avatar
    Tommy W. has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) Tommy W. has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) Tommy W. has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) Tommy W. has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) Tommy W. has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) Tommy W. has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) Tommy W. has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) Tommy W. has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) Tommy W. has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) Tommy W. has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) Tommy W. has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000)
    If your waist isn’t increasing then you’re on the right track however I don’t see how it’s possible that it isnt increasing with your weight gain
    If you don't get what you want you didn't want it bad enough