Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread: My new C7 Z06

1QWIK7 is a name known to all. (+5000) 1QWIK7 is a name known to all. (+5000) 1QWIK7 is a name known to all. (+5000) 1QWIK7 is a name known to all. (+5000) 1QWIK7 is a name known to all. (+5000) 1QWIK7 is a name known to all. (+5000) 1QWIK7 is a name known to all. (+5000) 1QWIK7 is a name known to all. (+5000) 1QWIK7 is a name known to all. (+5000) 1QWIK7 is a name known to all. (+5000) 1QWIK7 is a name known to all. (+5000)
    Originally Posted by HotCheetos View Post
    I’d be very interested if they offered a manual transmission. I hope they change their minds on only offering autos on the c8s. It is a deal breaker for any toy to me. I don’t even want autos for my DD
    They won't, by design. That's why the center console looks like that.

The reinforcements to make the overall structure strong AF, is there.

If they ever did, somehow, the entire layout of the car will have to change, and you know they won't do that.

Autos have sold so well for the C7 generation they knew offering a manual for the C8 wouldn't sell much. The market is tiny.
    Schooling everyone that has to do with automotive one brah at a time. It's tiring but someone gotta do it lol

I have a manual car but auto IS WAY BETTER THESE DAYS. ACCEPT THE FACTS BRAHS! LOL

I lift therefore I am PlanoLifter's Avatar
    PlanoLifter has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) PlanoLifter has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) PlanoLifter has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) PlanoLifter has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) PlanoLifter has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) PlanoLifter has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) PlanoLifter has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) PlanoLifter has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) PlanoLifter has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) PlanoLifter has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) PlanoLifter has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    I’d be very interested if they offered a manual transmission. I hope they change their minds on only offering autos on the c8s. It is a deal breaker for any toy to me. I don’t even want autos for my DD
    I used to think that too. My DD is 6M but the PDK in my GT3 RS is sublime. I actually don't miss a manual on the track anymore, something I never thought I'd ever say.
    Flight crew

1QWIK7 is a name known to all. (+5000) 1QWIK7 is a name known to all. (+5000) 1QWIK7 is a name known to all. (+5000) 1QWIK7 is a name known to all. (+5000) 1QWIK7 is a name known to all. (+5000) 1QWIK7 is a name known to all. (+5000) 1QWIK7 is a name known to all. (+5000) 1QWIK7 is a name known to all. (+5000) 1QWIK7 is a name known to all. (+5000) 1QWIK7 is a name known to all. (+5000) 1QWIK7 is a name known to all. (+5000)
    Originally Posted by PlanoLifter View Post
    I used to think that too. My DD is 6M but the PDK in my GT3 RS is sublime. I actually don't miss a manual on the track anymore, something I never thought I'd ever say.
    I used to think that too as well.

Shortly after i got my license, and i got to drive my first manual, i wanted everything to be manual. I wanted SUV's to be a manual, i wanted my dailys to have a manual, and i wanted my fun car (weekend projects etc) to be manual. I didn't want to own an auto.

There was one point in time when i owned 4 cars at once, all manual. I thought it was the greatest thing at that time.

Now i can't stand it. My C7Z will be the last manual i own.

Autos are so phucking good now. It just makes the driving experience that much better because it feels like you're in a video game.

Who would've thought you can have a car like a hellcat, or a GT500 with over 700hp, with a PROPER auto that can double a weekend fun car AND A DAILY.

We live in great times right now. Who the phuck wants to be shifting anymore? The chit doesn't make sense.
    Schooling everyone that has to do with automotive one brah at a time. It's tiring but someone gotta do it lol

I have a manual car but auto IS WAY BETTER THESE DAYS. ACCEPT THE FACTS BRAHS! LOL

RobParks2M has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) RobParks2M has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) RobParks2M has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) RobParks2M has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) RobParks2M has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) RobParks2M has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) RobParks2M has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) RobParks2M has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) RobParks2M has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) RobParks2M has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) RobParks2M has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    Originally Posted by 1QWIK7 View Post
    I used to think that too as well.

Shortly after i got my license, and i got to drive my first manual, i wanted everything to be manual. I wanted SUV's to be a manual, i wanted my dailys to have a manual, and i wanted my fun car (weekend projects etc) to be manual. I didn't want to own an auto.

There was one point in time when i owned 4 cars at once, all manual. I thought it was the greatest thing at that time.

Now i can't stand it. My C7Z will be the last manual i own.

Autos are so phucking good now. It just makes the driving experience that much better because it feels like you're in a video game.

Who would've thought you can have a car like a hellcat, or a GT500 with over 700hp, with a PROPER auto that can double a weekend fun car AND A DAILY.

We live in great times right now. Who the phuck wants to be shifting anymore? The chit doesn't make sense.
    Can you imagine a time 2-3 decades from now when you say the same thing about manually driving a car? lmaoo
    Fitness connoisseur
    0.4 mg of party's over wake the FK up!
    Aspire to be fat, 45+ plus, and have at least 1 comment on every girl's bodyspace.
    "the personification of greatness"

Originally Posted by RobParks2M View Post
    Can you imagine a time 2-3 decades from now when you say the same thing about manually driving a car? lmaoo
    lol @ 2-3 decades.

We're so far away from self driving cars.

We won't see it fully take over in our lifetime.

PlanoLifter has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) PlanoLifter has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) PlanoLifter has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) PlanoLifter has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) PlanoLifter has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) PlanoLifter has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) PlanoLifter has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) PlanoLifter has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) PlanoLifter has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) PlanoLifter has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) PlanoLifter has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    Originally Posted by RobParks2M View Post
    I remember my grandfather reminiscing about the good old days of manual transmissions without synchros on the the gears. And how drum brakes were, in his eyes, better than disc brakes. Times change!
    Flight crew

-=FLEX=- has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) -=FLEX=- has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) -=FLEX=- has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) -=FLEX=- has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) -=FLEX=- has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) -=FLEX=- has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) -=FLEX=- has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) -=FLEX=- has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) -=FLEX=- has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) -=FLEX=- has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) -=FLEX=- has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000)
    Very nice OP. Congrats.

I grabbed one myself about 18 months ago. Arctic White 2LZ with Adrenaline Red interior, also M7.

I went with the Borla X-pipe, also Mamo ported throttle body and AFE Intake. For appearance I went with 20% tint and Oracle LED color-matched/tinted side-markers and swapped the chrome lug nuts for black ones:

Insta: flexjs

Perseverance, Inc.

Spring Supremacy 2018 - 620/345/615 @ 50 yrs old

RIP Gene Rychlak

Originally Posted by -=FLEX=- View Post
    Very nice OP. Congrats.

I grabbed one myself about 18 months ago. Arctic White 2LZ with Adrenaline Red interior, also M7.

I went with the Borla X-pipe, also Mamo ported throttle body and AFE Intake. For appearance I went with 20% tint and Oracle LED color-matched/tinted side-markers and swapped the chrome lug nuts for black ones:

Nice!!!!!!

I don't think i ever saw your car. Looks just like mine lol. Minus the stock wheels. Got rid of those chits right away.

You got good taste mang!

-=FLEX=- has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) -=FLEX=- has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) -=FLEX=- has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) -=FLEX=- has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) -=FLEX=- has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) -=FLEX=- has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) -=FLEX=- has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) -=FLEX=- has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) -=FLEX=- has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) -=FLEX=- has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) -=FLEX=- has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000)
    Nice!!!!!!

I don't think i ever saw your car. Looks just like mine lol. Minus the stock wheels. Got rid of those chits right away.

You got good taste mang!
    I had planned on getting new wheels after I bought it then I owed $10k on my tax return. Killed that plan.

I was originally planning on buying a new Grand Sport in either Admiral Blue or Elkhart Lake Blue but I stumbled upon that bad boy while tire-kicking at a dealership and my GF fell in love with it.

It was a smoking deal. Got it for about $10k less than a new GS would have cost me and it only had 2,700 miles on it. Looked brand new. Still does.

Perseverance, Inc.

RIP Gene Rychlak

I had planned on getting new wheels after I bought it then I owed $10k on my tax return. Killed that plan.

I was originally planning on buying a new Grand Sport in either Admiral Blue or Elkhart Lake Blue but I stumbled upon that bad boy while tire-kicking at a dealership and my GF fell in love with it.

It was a smoking deal. Got it for about $10k less than a new GS would have cost me and it only had 2,700 miles on it. Looked brand new. Still does.
    lol i almost bought a grand sport.

Then i was like wtf, the z06 right in front of the front doors in the showroom was only like 6k more. Why wouldn't i get a z06?

And the color choices they had for the grand sport sucked ass anyway. I wanted a white C7. But the colors for the grand sport were blue, then a ton of black, then i believe 1 crystal red metallic.

Saw the beautiful white with the red interior Z and i was like that chit right there i want.

Mine still looks new. Some rock chips by the rear brake ducts but that's normal. I may just buy new ones to freshen up the look from ACS.

Overall i love this car. Best car i ever owned. Fastest car i ever owned. But i honestly can't wait for the C8Z. Getting it in ceramic matrix gray. With the red interior.

lol i almost bought a grand sport.

Then i was like wtf, the z06 right in front of the front doors in the showroom was only like 6k more. Why wouldn't i get a z06?
    Yep. I have no regrets and still can't believe how lucky I got. I had planned on doing a factory order on a new GS in spring of 2019. November of 2018 I go tire-kicking looking at a Stingray 1LT in Admiral Blue with black interior that was totally done up by Caravaggio Corvette to mimic a Z06, but only from an appearance perspective; no performance mods.

It was nice but I decided to pass on it. GF points to the Z06 next to it in the showroom and says "What about this one? I like it!" I said "That's a Z06 baby; I can't afford that." Sales manager pops out of his office and says he just got it in that very day, told us the price. She says "Isn't that cheaper than the Grand Sport you wanted?" and I said yes. She says "And isn't it a better car?" and I said "Oh hell yes" and she says "You should get it."

I dunno who was more shocked; the Sales Manager or me. I still can't believe it.

Perseverance, Inc.

RIP Gene Rychlak

Yep. I have no regrets and still can't believe how lucky I got. I had planned on doing a factory order on a new GS in spring of 2019. November of 2018 I go tire-kicking looking at a Stingray 1LT in Admiral Blue with black interior that was totally done up by Caravaggio Corvette to mimic a Z06, but only from an appearance perspective; no performance mods.

It was nice but I decided to pass on it. GF points to the Z06 next to it in the showroom and says "What about this one? I like it!" I said "That's a Z06 baby; I can't afford that." Sales manager pops out of his office and says he just got it in that very day, told us the price. She says "Isn't that cheaper than the Grand Sport you wanted?" and I said yes. She says "And isn't it a better car?" and I said "Oh hell yes" and she says "You should get it."

I dunno who was more shocked; the Sales Manager or me. I still can't believe it.

Yeah the price difference between GS's and Z06's are so minimal, sometimes i really don't understand why anyone would get a GS. Unless if you're picky about trims or you're getting a GS for stingray price.

Otherwise just cough up the extra 5-7k and get the z06.

There is NOTHING like the LT4. 425ft lbs of torque at idle LOL.

Like wtf haha.

Halfway has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Halfway has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Halfway has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Halfway has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Halfway has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Halfway has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Halfway has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Halfway has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Halfway has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Halfway has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Halfway has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000)
    nice op

The m2 cs is a fukking joke, mid 12s real world numbers from a twin turbo stock. Yes you can mod it but that's an expensive warranty to lose

Originally Posted by Halfway View Post
    nice op

The m2 cs is a fukking joke, mid 12s real world numbers from a twin turbo stock. Yes you can mod it but that's an expensive warranty to lose
    M2 is a girls car.

M3 is played out

M4 sounds like complete garbage. And also they're everywhere. More than M3's

M6 they don't make anymore?

M5 is THE REAL DEAL for the price. And also because V8 lol

M8 is just straight ballin. But for the price other cars probably better.

OP made the right move.

HotCheetos has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) HotCheetos has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) HotCheetos has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) HotCheetos has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) HotCheetos has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) HotCheetos has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) HotCheetos has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) HotCheetos has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) HotCheetos has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) HotCheetos has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) HotCheetos has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    I want a manual transmission because I enjoy driving manual not because I think it’s better. I know autos are better now in basically every way, I don’t care though
    *Only drive manual crew*
    *craft beer crew*

I want a manual transmission because I enjoy driving manual not because I think it’s better. I know autos are better now in basically every way, I don’t care though
    I'm with ya. My DD is 6M and I love it. I'm just saying that on the track I don't miss manual as much as I thought I would.
    Flight crew

HotCheetos has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) HotCheetos has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) HotCheetos has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) HotCheetos has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) HotCheetos has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) HotCheetos has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) HotCheetos has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) HotCheetos has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) HotCheetos has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) HotCheetos has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) HotCheetos has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    I'm with ya. My DD is 6M and I love it. I'm just saying that on the track I don't miss manual as much as I thought I would.
    Ah gotcha. I rarely track my car and don’t care enough outside of having fun for it to matter that much to me
    *Only drive manual crew*
    *craft beer crew*