djcide is on a distinguished road. (+10)

Full body workout frequencies?

I've been doing full body workout programs for an year now focusing on compound push/pull/leg routines a day, 3 days a week.
    Now I am trying to push the intensity up a bit and was wondering which would be better:

- add 2 more days to the workout with the same routine and make it 5 days per week to get more reps per week.
    - add more intensity focusing on more weights and maybe add a few more sets or reps.

air2fakie is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) air2fakie is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) air2fakie is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) air2fakie is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) air2fakie is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) air2fakie is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) air2fakie is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) air2fakie is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) air2fakie is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) air2fakie is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) air2fakie is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500)
    Originally Posted by djcide View Post
    I've been doing full body workout programs for an year now focusing on compound push/pull/leg routines a day, 3 days a week.
    Are there any full body workouts that don't involve push/pull/legs?

- add 2 more days to the workout with the same routine and make it 5 days per week to get more reps per week.
    That's a drastic way to get "a bit" more reps per week. You should make changes gradually.

- add more intensity focusing on more weights and maybe add a few more sets or reps.
    How exactly would you increase the weights you lift while also increasing sets and reps? This doesn't seem realistic.

SuffolkPunch has the mod powerz SuffolkPunch has the mod powerz SuffolkPunch has the mod powerz SuffolkPunch has the mod powerz SuffolkPunch has the mod powerz SuffolkPunch has the mod powerz SuffolkPunch has the mod powerz SuffolkPunch has the mod powerz SuffolkPunch has the mod powerz SuffolkPunch has the mod powerz SuffolkPunch has the mod powerz
    Consider your total workload per week - measure it in terms of total number of hard sets done for each bodypart.

Ideally you should only make small incremental changes to this over time as required to keep progress moving.

I do full body 5x a week - but currently only do 2 work sets per body part each day.

philibusters has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) philibusters has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) philibusters has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) philibusters has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) philibusters has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) philibusters has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) philibusters has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) philibusters has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) philibusters has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) philibusters has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) philibusters has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    3x a week is probably pretty good frequency so I would slowly and incremently had more volume per workout. Maybe add 1 set per exercise and keep the weight the same trajectory that you have been using

BeginnerGainz is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) BeginnerGainz is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) BeginnerGainz is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) BeginnerGainz is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) BeginnerGainz is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) BeginnerGainz is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) BeginnerGainz is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) BeginnerGainz is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) BeginnerGainz is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) BeginnerGainz is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) BeginnerGainz is a splendid one to behold. (+10000)
    3x a week works for most. Even someone like me who’s job is very physical. I have switched from 3x5/5x5 type workouts to a slightly modified Allpros and started with lighter weights that I know I can handle easily.

mike584 is just really nice. (+1000) mike584 is just really nice. (+1000) mike584 is just really nice. (+1000) mike584 is just really nice. (+1000) mike584 is just really nice. (+1000) mike584 is just really nice. (+1000) mike584 is just really nice. (+1000) mike584 is just really nice. (+1000) mike584 is just really nice. (+1000) mike584 is just really nice. (+1000) mike584 is just really nice. (+1000)
    Now I am trying to push the intensity up a bit and was wondering which would be better:

When I get to a point where I want to increase the intensity, I'll increase the volume in the way of decreasing the reps but increasing the sets. This especially works well for me when I bench.
    www.metalheadconfessions.com

Instagram: confessionsofanangrymetalhead

WolfRose7 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) WolfRose7 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) WolfRose7 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) WolfRose7 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) WolfRose7 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) WolfRose7 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) WolfRose7 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) WolfRose7 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) WolfRose7 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) WolfRose7 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) WolfRose7 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    Originally Posted by SuffolkPunch View Post
    Consider your total workload per week - measure it in terms of total number of hard sets done for each bodypart.

Ideally you should only make small incremental changes to this over time as required to keep progress moving.

I do full body 5x a week - but currently only do 2 work sets per body part each day.
    I'm doing 6 to 8 on 5x xD. Got damn Greg and his volume loving
    5 day full body crew

FMH Crew, Sandbagging Mike Tuscherer Wannabee

SuffolkPunch has the mod powerz SuffolkPunch has the mod powerz SuffolkPunch has the mod powerz SuffolkPunch has the mod powerz SuffolkPunch has the mod powerz SuffolkPunch has the mod powerz SuffolkPunch has the mod powerz SuffolkPunch has the mod powerz SuffolkPunch has the mod powerz SuffolkPunch has the mod powerz SuffolkPunch has the mod powerz
    Originally Posted by WolfRose7 View Post
    I'm doing 6 to 8 on 5x xD. Got damn Greg and his volume loving
    You don't mean 6-8 sets per bodypart??

supramax has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) supramax has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) supramax has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) supramax has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) supramax has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) supramax has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) supramax has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) supramax has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) supramax has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) supramax has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) supramax has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)

Full body workouts can be 3 exercises or 8 exercises, 5 reps or 15 reps, etc.
    What specifically do the workouts consist of?
    It is no measure of health to be well adjusted to a profoundly sick society.

It's easy to not be afraid of tigers when you're sitting in your living room watching a television program about tigers. When you're in the jungle where the tigers are, it's quite a different story.

WolfRose7 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) WolfRose7 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) WolfRose7 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) WolfRose7 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) WolfRose7 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) WolfRose7 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) WolfRose7 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) WolfRose7 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) WolfRose7 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) WolfRose7 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) WolfRose7 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    Originally Posted by SuffolkPunch View Post
    You don't mean 6-8 sets per bodypart??
    Actually because I'm at the start of the program, week 2. New home gym.

And my comp power bar arrived today, as opposed to the 15kg oly with too much spin I had last week.
    My weight for cg bench today ended up being 16 sets.
    6 sets of comp Squat
    5 sets of chins.

Every day is a bench or press. A deadlift or squat. A row or chin, 1 to 2 accessories optional

The program autoregulates volume by having an RIR cap on sets. Which also decreases over the weeks upping the intensity.
    The template is adjustable and you can set a set range that you'd fall in ideally. Standard is 4 to 6. Get only 3 sets your erm gets dropped by 5% (or any other % you set if you so choose) get 7 or more and it ups by 2%.

So in the first couple of weeks of the program you can end up doing over 10 especially on presses until you hit the rir 4 or 3 target
    5 day full body crew

FMH Crew, Sandbagging Mike Tuscherer Wannabee

xilk will become famous soon enough. (+50) xilk will become famous soon enough. (+50) xilk will become famous soon enough. (+50) xilk will become famous soon enough. (+50) xilk will become famous soon enough. (+50) xilk will become famous soon enough. (+50) xilk will become famous soon enough. (+50) xilk will become famous soon enough. (+50) xilk will become famous soon enough. (+50) xilk will become famous soon enough. (+50) xilk will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    - Depending on the exercises you do, I'd say 3 days/week max.
    - Increase the intensity