Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
    Finally accused of juicin Corbi's Avatar
    Corbi has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Corbi has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Corbi has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Corbi has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Corbi has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Corbi has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Corbi has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Corbi has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Corbi has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Corbi has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Corbi has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000)

Minneapolis council vows to disband police dept.

I want to see this and make sure the absolute best quality cameras are mounted everywhere. This $hitstorm will make the Purge movies look tame.
    I have read of some asinine ideas over the years but to rid a city of it's police dept has to be the #1 most moronic ever. There is one that may rank as #2 and that's from my old city where the common council actually tried to produce a law forbidding "turgidity" in public. They actually wanted to fine a male if they had a boner in public, I have no idea whom would have in charge of enforcing that or checking to see if it was an actual boner?
    "You know that little thing in your head that keeps you from saying things you shouldn't? Yeah, well, I don't have one of those."

7Seconds has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) 7Seconds has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) 7Seconds has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) 7Seconds has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) 7Seconds has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) 7Seconds has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) 7Seconds has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) 7Seconds has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) 7Seconds has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) 7Seconds has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) 7Seconds has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000)
    I think this is the torch and burn approach to the issue of law enforcement misconduct. Instead of constantly trying to reform and bandage the situation, scrap everything and start over. This allows the city to circumvent police unions, and completely overhaul and reform the police department without any relative restrictions.

Union contracts make it impossible to get rid of bad cops. If you lay off cops, they go by seniority, not number of citizen complaints. Even the 4 cops they fired will be suing for years of pay and pension if they are not convicted.

This is a way out of those contracts. Dump the department and start over. Want something less dramatic? Talk to the police unions. They are the issue.
    To resist despair
    in this world
    is what it is
    to be free

CommitmentRulz has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) CommitmentRulz has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) CommitmentRulz has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) CommitmentRulz has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) CommitmentRulz has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) CommitmentRulz has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) CommitmentRulz has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) CommitmentRulz has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) CommitmentRulz has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) CommitmentRulz has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) CommitmentRulz has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000)
    From an interview with the Minneapolis City Council President...

Reporter: "What if in the middle of the night my home is broken into. Who do I call?"

BENDER (City Council President): "Yes, I hear that loud and clear from a lot of my neighbors. And I know — and myself, too, and I know that that comes from a place of privilege."

Karl_Hungus has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Karl_Hungus has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Karl_Hungus has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Karl_Hungus has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Karl_Hungus has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Karl_Hungus has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Karl_Hungus has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Karl_Hungus has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Karl_Hungus has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Karl_Hungus has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Karl_Hungus has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000)
    Originally Posted by CommitmentRulz View Post

Reporter: "What if in the middle of the night my home is broken into. Who do I call?"

BENDER (City Council President): "Yes, I hear that loud and clear from a lot of my neighbors. And I know — and myself, too, and I know that that comes from a place of privilege."
    ^^Absolute lunacy. So, expecting the cops to show up to your house when it is being invaded is now racist. Good to know. The creative mental gymnastics it requires to invent new forms of oppression never ceases to amaze me. That aside, I can't imagine how this could possibly work. Seems like it would create a power vacuum filled by "community policing" with no codified sets of checks and balances and ultimately exacerbating the very thing it is trying to prevent. Those in authority will always abuse their power, which is why the real solution is to hold them accountable when they do. Getting rid of the police will simply substitute one "bad" system for another.
    It takes a big man to cry, but it takes a bigger man to laugh at that man.

mtpockets has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) mtpockets has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) mtpockets has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) mtpockets has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) mtpockets has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) mtpockets has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) mtpockets has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) mtpockets has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) mtpockets has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) mtpockets has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) mtpockets has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000)
    Air Force Veteran 1976 - 1999 - Cannabis Enthusiast since the 1960's

Retired at 40 Crew - Social distancing expert - Living the Dream

I use the gender neutral pronouns "Fukker/Fukkers" a lot.

****** I don't always agree with the memes I post ******

I tell it like it is, if you want smoke blown up your ass or something sugar coated. I suggest you get a Hooker and a powdered donut.

Crawling back under rock OldFartTom's Avatar
    OldFartTom has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) OldFartTom has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) OldFartTom has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) OldFartTom has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) OldFartTom has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) OldFartTom has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) OldFartTom has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) OldFartTom has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) OldFartTom has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) OldFartTom has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) OldFartTom has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000)
    Meh... relax, they can sack the cops and subcontract all the work to "Omni Consumer Products"
    What could possibly go wrong?

Originally Posted by mtpockets View Post
    Yeah, but did you see the size of the duck???
    Last edited by OldFartTom; 06-08-2020 at 01:12 PM.

Mark1T has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Mark1T has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Mark1T has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Mark1T has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Mark1T has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Mark1T has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Mark1T has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Mark1T has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Mark1T has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Mark1T has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Mark1T has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000)
    Helping one person may not change the world, but it could change the world for one person.

Han shot first! TolerantLactose's Avatar
    TolerantLactose has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) TolerantLactose has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) TolerantLactose has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) TolerantLactose has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) TolerantLactose has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) TolerantLactose has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) TolerantLactose has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) TolerantLactose has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) TolerantLactose has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) TolerantLactose has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) TolerantLactose has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    My candidates for defunding.

Am I therefore become your enemy, because I tell you the truth?
    Galatians 4:16

Corbi has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Corbi has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Corbi has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Corbi has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Corbi has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Corbi has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Corbi has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Corbi has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Corbi has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Corbi has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Corbi has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000)
    Originally Posted by CommitmentRulz View Post

I watched that and thought to myself "she is channeling her inner Joe Biden because half the $hit he spews is just as nonsensical. You think with all the words coming out they would form semi coherent sentences but nope, not a damn thing makes sense.
    "You know that little thing in your head that keeps you from saying things you shouldn't? Yeah, well, I don't have one of those."

eomrat has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) eomrat has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) eomrat has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) eomrat has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) eomrat has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) eomrat has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) eomrat has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) eomrat has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) eomrat has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) eomrat has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) eomrat has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000)
    Originally Posted by Corbi View Post
    I want to see this and make sure the absolute best quality cameras are mounted everywhere. This $hitstorm will make the Purge movies look tame.
    I have read of some asinine ideas over the years but to rid a city of it's police dept has to be the #1 most moronic ever. There is one that may rank as #2 and that's from my old city where the common council actually tried to produce a law forbidding "turgidity" in public. They actually wanted to fine a male if they had a boner in public, I have no idea whom would have in charge of enforcing that or checking to see if it was an actual boner?
    https://www.startribune.com/officers...est/571105692/

We wrecked the culture of our police in the 80's and 90's when we loaded them up with military gear, tactics, uniforms etc in our quest to save ourselves from the scourge of illegal drugs. We looked the other way while police forces became more and more "aggressive" because we were sure that superpredators high on crack would soon be raping our daughters in our homes. So we turned the police loose on the drug infested areas and let them do what they thought was best. Then somehow, because of 9/11 I guess, we decided that all first responders were heroes worthy of public worship. Cops became so special that regular intelligent Americans seemed perfectly ok with the idea that cops get to investigate themselves when they do wrong and that cops can never be held accountable in a civil court for committing crimes against citizens.

Evidence of this is the fact that these scumbag cops in Minny had no idea, not a clue, that they were doing anything wrong. They were not, at all, concerned about the fact that people were filming them because they were not concerned about ever facing any repercussions. Why?, because they normally would not have.

Cops are so out of control in this country that I actually do want to see that entire department disbanded. Sadly, the good people of Minneapolis are going to have to leave until the police can be replaced with a force made up of properly trained and supervised officers.

In the meantime, I am also curious to see this experiment in policing.
    Last edited by eomrat; 06-09-2020 at 07:21 AM.
    RWGFY

"I'd rather go down the river with seven studs than with a hundred shytheads"
    - COL Charles Beckwith

Cass40 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Cass40 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Cass40 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Cass40 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Cass40 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Cass40 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Cass40 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Cass40 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Cass40 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Cass40 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Cass40 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000)
    Originally Posted by eomrat View Post

We wrecked the culture of our police in the 80's and 90's when we loaded them up with military gear, tactics, uniforms etc in our quest to save ourselves from the scourge of illegal drugs. We looked the other way while police forces became more and more "aggressive" because we were sure that superpredators high on crack would soon be raping our daughters in our homes. So we turned the police loose on the drug infested areas and let them do what they thought was best. Then somehow, because of 9/11 I guess, we decided that all first responders were heroes worthy of public worship. Cops became so special that regular intelligent Americans seemed perfectly ok with the idea that cops get to investigate themselves when they do wrong and that cops can never be held accountable in a civil court for committing crimes against citizens.

Evidence of this is the fact that these scumbag cops in Minny had no idea, not a clue, that they were doing anything wrong. They were not, at all, concerned about the fact that people were filming them because they were not concerned about ever facing any repercussions. Why?, because they normally would not have.

Cops are so out of control in this country that I actually do want to see that entire department disbanded. Sadly, the good people of Minneapolis are going to have to leave until the police can be replaced with a force made up of properly trained and supervised officers.

Very good points. Why do police have to deal with every damn social issue or mental health issue that they're not trained to deal with in the first place? Get rid of the whole damn system and start from scratch.

VoxExMachina has the mod powerz VoxExMachina has the mod powerz VoxExMachina has the mod powerz VoxExMachina has the mod powerz VoxExMachina has the mod powerz VoxExMachina has the mod powerz VoxExMachina has the mod powerz VoxExMachina has the mod powerz VoxExMachina has the mod powerz VoxExMachina has the mod powerz VoxExMachina has the mod powerz
    Do it.

Then maybe people will start thinking twice about the type of potatoes they put in public office.
    ☠ By reading this post, you have agreed to my negative reputation terms of service.

Mark1T has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Mark1T has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Mark1T has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Mark1T has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Mark1T has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Mark1T has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Mark1T has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Mark1T has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Mark1T has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Mark1T has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Mark1T has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000)

Those are good observations, EO. I just don't believe that most other cops would restrain a person like that as routine. The other cops standing around knew he was wrong but were too pussy to do anything about it. There are bad cops, but not all of them are bad.

I do support police procedures reform, but not de-funding because the citizens will suffer.

It is high-profile when a bad cop kills a black man, as it should be, but it is hardly reported when literally thousands of black men and innocent bystanders are killed by blacks like in Chicago every single year. No one talks about social reform and cities like Chicago don't have much of a solution.

Cops kill white men, too. Some justly, some not. Not reported on a national basis.

The past 2 weeks in New York, robberies and murders have shot up as a direct result of De Blasio holding down the police, all while New York City burns to hell.

Politics gets in the way of making meaningful policy that actually makes a difference.
    Helping one person may not change the world, but it could change the world for one person.

Cass40 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Cass40 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Cass40 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Cass40 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Cass40 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Cass40 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Cass40 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Cass40 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Cass40 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Cass40 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Cass40 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000)
    Originally Posted by Mark1T View Post
    Those are good observations, EO. I just don't believe that most other cops would restrain a person like that as routine. The other cops standing around knew he was wrong but were too pussy to do anything about it. There are bad cops, but not all of them are bad.

I do support police procedures reform, but not de-funding because the citizens will suffer.

It is high-profile when a bad cop kills a black man, as it should be, but it is hardly reported when literally thousands of black men and innocent bystanders are killed by blacks like in Chicago every single year. No one talks about social reform and cities like Chicago don't have much of a solution.

Cops kill white men, too. Some justly, some not. Not reported on a national basis.

The past 2 weeks in New York, robberies and murders have shot up as a direct result of De Blasio holding down the police, all while New York City burns to hell.

Politics gets in the way of making meaningful policy that actually makes a difference.

The protests and whatever is going on right now has nothing to do with "cops kill white men too" or blacks kill blacks or whatever. Why did you bring it up? If a group wants justice for something, you don't need to bring up some injustices done to others. We know. If you want to talk about it, then do. Have your own protests.

Originally Posted by Cass40 View Post
    The protests and whatever is going on right now has nothing to do with "cops kill white men too" or blacks kill blacks or whatever. Why did you bring it up? If a group wants justice for something, you don't need to bring up some injustices done to others. We know. If you want to talk about it, then do. Have your own protests.
    I brought it up because it is related, IMO and there is no balance. When is a good time to bring up never-ending blacks killing blacks, or is it racist to bring up the truth, as uncomfortable as it is?

Chicago experienced its most violent day in 60 YEARS as 18 people are gunned down in 24 hours in unrest sparked after George Floyd's 'murder' by police.

I support the non-violent protests.
    Last edited by Mark1T; 06-09-2020 at 09:37 AM.

Karl_Hungus has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Karl_Hungus has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Karl_Hungus has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Karl_Hungus has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Karl_Hungus has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Karl_Hungus has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Karl_Hungus has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Karl_Hungus has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Karl_Hungus has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Karl_Hungus has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Karl_Hungus has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000)
    Because the narrative is that this is somehow a racial issue as opposed to an abuse of power issue.
    It takes a big man to cry, but it takes a bigger man to laugh at that man.

Brackneyc has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Brackneyc has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Brackneyc has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Brackneyc has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Brackneyc has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Brackneyc has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Brackneyc has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Brackneyc has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Brackneyc has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Brackneyc has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Brackneyc has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000)
    Taxes should drop if there are no cops to pay.

Think of the free reign the drunk drivers will have, the wife beaters, the bank robbers, sht, the possibilities are endless.

Should have done this years ago.

All cops should call in sick tomorrow. It’ll be a nice preview for the future.

Fck, lets fire the firefighters too.

Restart the entire civil servant workforce.
    If you poke a bear in the eye, expect a bear like response.

sumolgi is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) sumolgi is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) sumolgi is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) sumolgi is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) sumolgi is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) sumolgi is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) sumolgi is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) sumolgi is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) sumolgi is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) sumolgi is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) sumolgi is a splendid one to behold. (+10000)
    It was done in Camden and they've seen a marked improvement. It's not like they're going to have no policing, just deputies instead of officers since it will be county controlled probably.

Originally Posted by grubman View Post
    What a coincidence, I’ve read a ton of asinine things over the last 3 years, and most of them have been your posts.

Here’s another asinine thing...ranting that “defunding the police department” means “getting rid of a cities police department”. I mean, do a little research on what it REALLY means.

Good lord. Every time I think the morons of this forum will finally open their eyes to reality, more ignorance just flows.

Unbelievable.

P.S. Feel free to dogpile, doesn’t hurt my feelings when I’m right.
    1st off Fuk you.
    2ndly I didn't mention Defund in this thread at all, sadly reading comprehension is obviously not a strong suit of yours.
    3rdly Minneapolis is actually looking at DISBANDING their police department, do I need to give you the damn definition of DISBAND?
    4thly Fuk you again.

mtpockets has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) mtpockets has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) mtpockets has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) mtpockets has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) mtpockets has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) mtpockets has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) mtpockets has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) mtpockets has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) mtpockets has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) mtpockets has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) mtpockets has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000)
    Originally Posted by grubman View Post

P.S. Feel free to dogpile, doesn’t hurt my feelings when I’m right.
    Air Force Veteran 1976 - 1999 - Cannabis Enthusiast since the 1960's

Retired at 40 Crew - Social distancing expert - Living the Dream

I use the gender neutral pronouns "Fukker/Fukkers" a lot.

****** I don't always agree with the memes I post ******

I tell it like it is, if you want smoke blown up your ass or something sugar coated. I suggest you get a Hooker and a powdered donut.

Humble Megalomaniac ElrondHubbard's Avatar
    ElrondHubbard has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) ElrondHubbard has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) ElrondHubbard has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) ElrondHubbard has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) ElrondHubbard has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) ElrondHubbard has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) ElrondHubbard has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) ElrondHubbard has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) ElrondHubbard has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) ElrondHubbard has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) ElrondHubbard has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000)

When the police begin to see themselves as an occupying force, a "band of brothers" perpetually having to keep control over an occupied enemy, this kind of behavior is inevitable. It's not like that in all jurisdictions, but in places the cops do feel that way.

These attitudes may not start at the top, but the top perpetuates them.
    “Those who can make you believe absurdities, can make you commit atrocities.”
    -Voltaire

ElrondHubbard has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) ElrondHubbard has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) ElrondHubbard has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) ElrondHubbard has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) ElrondHubbard has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) ElrondHubbard has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) ElrondHubbard has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) ElrondHubbard has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) ElrondHubbard has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) ElrondHubbard has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) ElrondHubbard has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000)
    Originally Posted by Mark1T View Post
    that's true, but what's your alternative? Authoritarianism? It's said that the Nazis did make the trains run on time.

We always have to keep in mind that the politicians are elected by US, and if we consistently elect politicians with the wrong attitude, then the problem is closer to home than we like to admit.

How many of the people on this forum consistently study issues, keep track of representatives, and vote in LOCAL elections?
    -Voltaire

I'm having a protest next Thursday. You're all invited. BYOB.

Not sure of a topic yet, but I'm sure we can come up with something.
    -Voltaire

Originally Posted by ElrondHubbard View Post
    that's true, but what's your alternative? Authoritarianism? It's said that the Nazis did make the trains run on time.

We always have to keep in mind that the politicians are elected by US, and if we consistently elect politicians with the wrong attitude, then the problem is closer to home than we like to admit.

How many of the people on this forum consistently study issues, keep track of representatives, and vote in LOCAL elections?
    I don't know of an alternative and not suggesting one. I do believe that on some subjects that merit comprehensive change in our country, that open bi-partisan discussions - not debates, with the determination of creating real solutions, could be done. Instead of the blame game.

Agreed, that local elections are important and overlooked more often than not.

Edit to support my earlier point:

Defunding the NYPD is madness after the thousands of black lives they have saved

"The claim that better funded social services can deliver public safety is baseless. New York City tried that experiment for decades and it was a resounding failure. No city spent more on welfare, yet crime continued to rise. Only Compstat policing reversed the chronic lawlessness of New York."

https://nypost.com/2020/06/08/defund...ey-have-saved/

De Blasio to shift NYPD funding to local youth groups

https://nypost.com/2020/06/07/de-bla...-youth-groups/
    Last edited by Mark1T; 06-09-2020 at 02:42 PM.

deadwoodgregg has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) deadwoodgregg has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) deadwoodgregg has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) deadwoodgregg has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) deadwoodgregg has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) deadwoodgregg has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) deadwoodgregg has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) deadwoodgregg has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) deadwoodgregg has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) deadwoodgregg has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) deadwoodgregg has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000)
    Brutal!!!

Dude straight up came at Corbi (props for having the stones) and got his ass handed back to him like a Roger Federer serve return.

REKT!!!

Note to self: Don't mess with Corbi
    Last edited by deadwoodgregg; 06-09-2020 at 02:43 PM.
    []---[] Equipment crew member #51 []---[]

BeginnerGainz has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) BeginnerGainz has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) BeginnerGainz has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) BeginnerGainz has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) BeginnerGainz has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) BeginnerGainz has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) BeginnerGainz has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) BeginnerGainz has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) BeginnerGainz has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) BeginnerGainz has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) BeginnerGainz has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    Originally Posted by sumolgi View Post
    It was done in Camden and they've seen a marked improvement. It's not like they're going to have no policing, just deputies instead of officers since it will be county controlled probably.
    Except they actually doubled the amount of cops on the street with the Camden county police.

Originally Posted by ElrondHubbard View Post
    I'm having a protest next Thursday. You're all invited. BYOB.

Not sure of a topic yet, but I'm sure we can come up with something.
    We demand our haircuts?

Fishman15 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Fishman15 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Fishman15 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Fishman15 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Fishman15 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Fishman15 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Fishman15 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Fishman15 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Fishman15 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Fishman15 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Fishman15 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000)
    Originally Posted by Brackneyc View Post
    Taxes should drop if there are no cops to pay.

Think of the free reign the drunk drivers will have, the wife beaters, the bank robbers, sht, the possibilities are endless.

Should have done this years ago.

All cops should call in sick tomorrow. It’ll be a nice preview for the future.

Fck, lets fire the firefighters too.

Restart the entire civil servant workforce.
    I talked with one of our local officers outside of Seattle yesterday for probably a half hour. He told me of all the Seattle cops that are either putting in for early retirement or just calling in sick. All the grief they are getting from just doing their job is no longer worth it. Nobody has their back...not their chief, not the mayor, and not the governor. They have already surrendered the east precinct in the city's most crime ridden neighborhood. It's been boarded up and cleared out of anything valuable. The protesters are setting up a "tent city" around it that is being armed by individuals. The chief of police has removed almost all the cops out of the entire neighborhood already thinking it will calm down the nightly violence. It's just a matter of time before they break in the empty precinct and burn the mthrfcker down.

Yea...let's defund the police and neuter the ones that dare still show up to work. Sounds like a great plan. Stupid fckn commies...
    Well meaning, elderly man with a poor memory...

Fishman15 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Fishman15 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Fishman15 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Fishman15 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Fishman15 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Fishman15 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Fishman15 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Fishman15 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Fishman15 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Fishman15 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Fishman15 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000)
    Very good points. Why do police have to deal with every damn social issue or mental health issue that they're not trained to deal with in the first place? Get rid of the whole damn system and start from scratch.
    You realize starting from scratch means chaos right?
    Well meaning, elderly man with a poor memory...

Originally Posted by BeginnerGainz View Post
    Except they actually doubled the amount of cops on the street with the Camden county police.
    I don't know about doubled as the only numbers I could find quickly were 370 officers before and they have over 400 now.https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Camden...ice_Department
    And this is not what Minneapolis is proposing, they are flat out saying get rid of all police and lets use social workers in their place and then have some community policing. Far different to compare dismantling a fully corrupt force in a small town and then having a plan in place that has cops vs this debacle in MN.