JAszczur1 is on a distinguished road. (+10)

Returning after quarantine

Before quarantine started I used to do stronglifts 5x5, I did them while on a large calorie deficit, I ran it for about 9-10 months and lost 20kg of weight. I learnt all the compound movements pretty well and built a nice discipline of going to the gym. I've kinda got bored of SL5x5 and want to try something with better hypertrophy and in general more focus on upper body and non-compound lifts. Before quarantine my 5x5 lifts were 70kg bench press, 85kg squat, 100kg deadlift and 48kg overhead press. I know these are not that impressive but I haven't been eating much on my cut. I really like the looks of PHUL workout, would that program be good for me given my current stats?
    Last edited by JAszczur1; 06-06-2020 at 07:51 PM.

paulinkansas is a name known to all. (+5000) paulinkansas is a name known to all. (+5000) paulinkansas is a name known to all. (+5000) paulinkansas is a name known to all. (+5000) paulinkansas is a name known to all. (+5000) paulinkansas is a name known to all. (+5000) paulinkansas is a name known to all. (+5000) paulinkansas is a name known to all. (+5000) paulinkansas is a name known to all. (+5000) paulinkansas is a name known to all. (+5000) paulinkansas is a name known to all. (+5000)
    Originally Posted by JAszczur1 View Post
    Before quarantine my 5x5 lifts were 70kg bench press, 100kg deadlift and 48kg overhead press. I know these are not that impressive but I haven't been eating much on my cut. I really like the looks of PHUL workout, would that program be good for me given my current stats?
    Can't really give an answer unless we know how much you weight. 70 kg bench press would be pretty good for someone that weighs 105 lbs. 48 kg ohp would be sucky for someone that weighs tree fitty (350)

JAszczur1 is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    Originally Posted by paulinkansas View Post
    Can't really give an answer unless we know how much you weight. 70 kg bench press would be pretty good for someone that weighs 105 lbs. 48 kg ohp would be sucky for someone that weighs tree fitty (350)
    I weigh 73kg

xilk will become famous soon enough. (+50) xilk will become famous soon enough. (+50) xilk will become famous soon enough. (+50) xilk will become famous soon enough. (+50) xilk will become famous soon enough. (+50) xilk will become famous soon enough. (+50) xilk will become famous soon enough. (+50) xilk will become famous soon enough. (+50) xilk will become famous soon enough. (+50) xilk will become famous soon enough. (+50) xilk will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    I think it's decent. But just as important are the numbers you started at: how much did you progress in those 10 months?

Lifting in the 10-12 reps range next could be a good alternative after such a long time in the 5s.