noddyx is on a distinguished road. (+10)

Question Help with routine

Hi everyone,

I am still trying to work on my routine and wanted a bit of reasurance that I am doing the right thing so....

I am on a strict keto diet. Eating around 1000-1500 calories a day. I'm 110kg lost 8kg in 6 weeks. Now ready to hit the gym to work alongside the diet.

My goal is to be fit to play handball to be fast and fit to last the whole match.

Going to gym 3x a week around an hour + 5-10k walking per week.

Session 1: 5 machines on arms +abdo
    Session 2 5 machines on legs + abdo
    Session 3 chest + abdo + 30mins cardio.

4x8 on all machines go up a weight every 3 weeks.

As a complete beginner how is this looking? Based on my goals and mainly shifting another 16kg am I wasting my time with weights?

Your thoughts would be truly appreciated 🤗

paulinkansas has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) paulinkansas has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) paulinkansas has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) paulinkansas has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) paulinkansas has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) paulinkansas has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) paulinkansas has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) paulinkansas has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) paulinkansas has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) paulinkansas has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) paulinkansas has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000)
    Drop your self made routine. Do the Fierce 5 that is in the stickies up there ^^^. Your routine neglects your back and shoulders, and probably a few other things too. The frequency is a bit light too. If you just want to work out 3x a week, a full body routine may be better.

xilk will become famous soon enough. (+50) xilk will become famous soon enough. (+50) xilk will become famous soon enough. (+50) xilk will become famous soon enough. (+50) xilk will become famous soon enough. (+50) xilk will become famous soon enough. (+50) xilk will become famous soon enough. (+50) xilk will become famous soon enough. (+50) xilk will become famous soon enough. (+50) xilk will become famous soon enough. (+50) xilk will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    Whatever you do will be much better than doing nothing at all.
    However, as stated above, there are probably better routines you could start out with.

BeginnerGainz has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) BeginnerGainz has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) BeginnerGainz has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) BeginnerGainz has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) BeginnerGainz has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) BeginnerGainz has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) BeginnerGainz has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) BeginnerGainz has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) BeginnerGainz has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) BeginnerGainz has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) BeginnerGainz has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    I’m not much of a fan of the keto diet as it isn’t something you want to do more than a month.

Is your gym Planet Fitness by chance?

safcpaul has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) safcpaul has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) safcpaul has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) safcpaul has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) safcpaul has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) safcpaul has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) safcpaul has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) safcpaul has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) safcpaul has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) safcpaul has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) safcpaul has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    Originally Posted by noddyx View Post
    Hi everyone,

I am still trying to work on my routine and wanted a bit of reasurance that I am doing the right thing so....

I am on a strict keto diet. Eating around 1000-1500 calories a day. I'm 110kg lost 8kg in 6 weeks. Now ready to hit the gym to work alongside the diet.

My goal is to be fit to play handball to be fast and fit to last the whole match.

Going to gym 3x a week around an hour + 5-10k walking per week.

Session 1: 5 machines on arms +abdo
    Session 2 5 machines on legs + abdo
    Session 3 chest + abdo + 30mins cardio.

4x8 on all machines go up a weight every 3 weeks.

As a complete beginner how is this looking? Based on my goals and mainly shifting another 16kg am I wasting my time with weights?

Your thoughts would be truly appreciated 🤗
    You need to read all the stickies on this site and educate yourself. How you think not training back is acceptable is mindboggling. Look up a picture of the hunchback of notre dam. This is your future if you stick with this routine long term