JTWOLF99 is on a distinguished road. (+10)

Is this a good workout split?

Ok, I'm looking to get super fit, like Olympic athlete and ninja warrior type fit, so I want to train as hard as possible. I'm a 20 year old male who weighs 70kg and is 182cm tall. I'm mostly skinny, but have a little bit of stubborn belly fat. I've made up a fortnightly routine, which I'm currently in the first week of doing and am wondering if it is decent. Note, I'm looking for overall fitness and strength here, not just bodybuilding. I just want to make sure I've got all fitness areas covered and also make sure i'm targeting all muscle groups frequently.

I know for the 'leg days' I've only put squats down, and I'm not doing any isolation exercises for example a calf workout, but is it really necessary? Squats are a good compound movement and work most of the leg muscles. Also my HIITs are a 10 minute session of burpes, mountain climbers, tuck jumps, star jumps & jump rope, plus I'm also running, so is anything else for legs really needed?

Also take note that my Chest workouts are my bench days, usually I'll start with a light weight and do 20 reps, after that I'll put my 4-6 rep max on and do 3 sets. I may change the weight as required, and then I'll rearrange the bench and do 2 sets of incline press. Usually I'll follow up with triceps or shoulder exercises. Triceps is usually 3-4 different types of isolation exercises for 1 minute each and then repeat, usually I use a set of dumbbells. When I do shoulders its usually 3 sets of overhead press, followed by some accessory work targeting different heads of the shoulders. On the days I do bench press, I'll usually just do the overhead press and skip the accessory work, especially if I'm doing triceps stuff. On the day where I've just listed 'Shoulders' I'll do Overhead press followed by guaranteed accessory work, targeting all my shoulder muscles.

On the Deadlifts days, I start with a quick 2-3 minute warm up. Usually I just pump out a bunch of star jumps, then I'll put a light weight on and do a set of around 12. After that I'll put a heavy weight on and do 4 sets at 6 reps.

Now one routine I'm having trouble with is my Back/Bicep days. I'm just not sure on what type of workouts I should be doing for my back and how many sets/reps. I've never really worked out my back (besides from deadlifts), so a little help is appreciated

Week 1:
    Monday Day - Chest, Triceps
    Monday Night - Run
    Tuesday Day - Squats
    Tuesday Night - Ab Routine
    Wednesday Day - Back/Biceps
    Wednesday Night - Calisthenics
    Thursday - Rest
    Friday Day - HIIT followed by Ab Routine.
    Friday Night - Chest, Shoulders
    Sunday Day - Back/Biceps
    Sunday Night - Run

Week 2:
    Monday Day - Chest/Shoulders
    Monday Night - Calisthenics
    Tuesday Day - Squats
    Tuesday Night - Back/Biceps
    Wednesday Day - HIIT followed by Ab Routine.
    Wednesday Night - Shoulders
    Thursday Night - Run
    Friday Day - Deadlifts
    Friday Night - HIIT followed by Ab Routine.
    Saturday Day - Back/Biceps
    Saturday Night - Run
    Sunday Day - Chest/Shoulders/Triceps
    Sunday Night - HIIT/Calisthenics

WolfRose7 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) WolfRose7 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) WolfRose7 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) WolfRose7 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) WolfRose7 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) WolfRose7 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) WolfRose7 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) WolfRose7 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) WolfRose7 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) WolfRose7 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) WolfRose7 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    sigh, so squats cover most of your legs but back needs 2 days?

you are not in a position to be designing programs yet, I'd suggest picking up a copy of either Eric Helms Muscle and strength pyramid, or Greg Nuckols art and science of lifting.

Simple easy to read texts that will give you a great foundation of knowledge.
    2018 Log
    https://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=175232661

FMH Crew, Sandbagging Mike Tuscherer Wannabee

JTWOLF99 is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    Originally Posted by WolfRose7 View Post
    sigh, so squats cover most of your legs but back needs 2 days?

you are not in a position to be designing programs yet, I'd suggest picking up a copy of either Eric Helms Muscle and strength pyramid, or Greg Nuckols art and science of lifting.

Simple easy to read texts that will give you a great foundation of knowledge.
    OK, but I'm squatting my max and need to give my legs time to recover. I've also heard from plenty of people that it isn't recommended to do compound exercises like deads and squats more then once a week. Also deadlift work the legs, plus I'm also running and doing hiit workouts, which also target the legs, so is there really any need to squat more then once a week? I've got to fit everything in.

Also aren't back workouts more isolation exercises, so shouldn't I recover faster then I would after squats, so isn't it reasonable to do back twice a week?

paulinkansas is a name known to all. (+5000) paulinkansas is a name known to all. (+5000) paulinkansas is a name known to all. (+5000) paulinkansas is a name known to all. (+5000) paulinkansas is a name known to all. (+5000) paulinkansas is a name known to all. (+5000) paulinkansas is a name known to all. (+5000) paulinkansas is a name known to all. (+5000) paulinkansas is a name known to all. (+5000) paulinkansas is a name known to all. (+5000) paulinkansas is a name known to all. (+5000)
    Originally Posted by JTWOLF99 View Post
    Ok, I'm looking to get super fit, like Olympic athlete and ninja warrior type fit, so I want to train as hard as possible.
    I admire your goals. But you would be better off following a program like Fierce 5, AllPro or Coolcicada PPL. They are in the stickies up there or you can google it. Every Ninja warrior or Olympic athlete that I have met follows a proven routine, they don't make something up on their own.

air2fakie is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) air2fakie is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) air2fakie is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) air2fakie is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) air2fakie is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) air2fakie is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) air2fakie is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) air2fakie is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) air2fakie is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) air2fakie is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) air2fakie is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500)
    OK, but I'm squatting my max and need to give my legs time to recover. I've also heard from plenty of people that it isn't recommended to do compound exercises like deads and squats more then once a week. Also deadlift work the legs, plus I'm also running and doing hiit workouts, which also target the legs, so is there really any need to squat more then once a week? I've got to fit everything in.

Also aren't back workouts more isolation exercises, so shouldn't I recover faster then I would after squats, so isn't it reasonable to do back twice a week?
    Not sure you know what an isolation exercise is, but agree with above that you prob shouldn't design your own workout. Training back 2x/week is fine, but I think the point above was that one leg workout a week that's only squats is not really balanced.

If ninja warrior is your goal though, chicken legs can work fine for that. Think skinny, strong back and ridiculous grip strength. For many of them, the training is ninja warrior obstacles themselves, so you may want to look into a ninja warrior gym.

Han shot first! TolerantLactose's Avatar
    TolerantLactose is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) TolerantLactose is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) TolerantLactose is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) TolerantLactose is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) TolerantLactose is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) TolerantLactose is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) TolerantLactose is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) TolerantLactose is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) TolerantLactose is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) TolerantLactose is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) TolerantLactose is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500)
    Usually I'll follow up with triceps or shoulder exercises. Triceps is usually 3-4 different types of isolation exercises for 1 minute each and then repeat, usually I use a set of dumbbells.
    guaranteed accessory work, targeting all my shoulder muscles.
    Now one routine I'm having trouble with is my Back/Bicep days. I'm just not sure on what type of workouts I should be doing for my back and how many sets/reps. I've never really worked out my back (besides from deadlifts), so a little help is appreciated
    I suggest doing exercises that target all your back muscles for your back days. Then do some biceps isolation exercises.
    I can tell time. Time cannot tell me.

Formerly LactoseTolerant. I'm not very imaginative.

WolfRose7 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) WolfRose7 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) WolfRose7 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) WolfRose7 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) WolfRose7 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) WolfRose7 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) WolfRose7 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) WolfRose7 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) WolfRose7 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) WolfRose7 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) WolfRose7 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)

That's a lot to unpack

Deadlifts are an excellent lower body exercise yes.
    You probably shouldn't be maxing squats right now.

There is absolutely no reason you would need to do compounds only once a week.

Neither running or hiit train legs at all for hypertrophy or strength.

I squat 3x a week and easily fit everything in..

It is reasonable to do back twice a week and I would encourage at least that frequency.
    Very few back exercises are isolations.

Again I would suggest a very basic sports science knowledge at least before embarking on program design..
    2018 Log
    https://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=175232661

FMH Crew, Sandbagging Mike Tuscherer Wannabee