JTWOLF99 is on a distinguished road. (+10)

Nausea and light headed after doing deadlifts

Ok, so I am moderately fit. I’m more cardio fit then strength fit though, but I’ve been lifting weights on and off for two years. I’ve started being more serious with it in the last two months. Today I decided to do dead lifts for the first time in months. I did 3 sets at my 6 rep max. I wanted to do a 4th set, but throughout the 3rd set I felt like I needed to faint. I ended up sitting down on the couch and when I stood up two minutes later to get some fruit, I felt a little bit nauseous and very light headed like I was going to faint. I had to sit down and felt unable to move for about 30 minutes. This never happens after cardio, squats or bench.

SuffolkPunch has the mod powerz SuffolkPunch has the mod powerz SuffolkPunch has the mod powerz SuffolkPunch has the mod powerz SuffolkPunch has the mod powerz SuffolkPunch has the mod powerz SuffolkPunch has the mod powerz SuffolkPunch has the mod powerz SuffolkPunch has the mod powerz SuffolkPunch has the mod powerz SuffolkPunch has the mod powerz
    It's not uncommon. It's because you are apply unaccustomed stresses to your frame - and to the energy pathways. Even if you do a lot of cardio, your body doesn't normally have to expend such a large amount of energy in a short space of time, different energy pathways are being stressed compared to cardio (ATP vs anerobic/aerobic)

It should improve with practice. If it doesn't, it's probably a matter for your doctor - but I doubt it will come to that.

alec935 is on a distinguished road. (+10) alec935 is on a distinguished road. (+10) alec935 is on a distinguished road. (+10) alec935 is on a distinguished road. (+10) alec935 is on a distinguished road. (+10) alec935 is on a distinguished road. (+10) alec935 is on a distinguished road. (+10) alec935 is on a distinguished road. (+10) alec935 is on a distinguished road. (+10) alec935 is on a distinguished road. (+10) alec935 is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    Deadlifts use almost all the muscle groups in your body. Blood goes away from your head and stomach to these (large) muscles – it can cause dizziness and nausea

360365LAWS has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) 360365LAWS has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) 360365LAWS has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) 360365LAWS has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) 360365LAWS has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) 360365LAWS has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) 360365LAWS has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10)
    Originally Posted by JTWOLF99 View Post
    Ok, so I am moderately fit. I’m more cardio fit then strength fit though, but I’ve been lifting weights on and off for two years. I’ve started being more serious with it in the last two months. Today I decided to do dead lifts for the first time in months. I did 3 sets at my 6 rep max. I wanted to do a 4th set, but throughout the 3rd set I felt like I needed to faint. I ended up sitting down on the couch and when I stood up two minutes later to get some fruit, I felt a little bit nauseous and very light headed like I was going to faint. I had to sit down and felt unable to move for about 30 minutes. This never happens after cardio, squats or bench.
    When you breath in before the lift, do you breath deep into your lower stomach, or is it more into your chest?

air2fakie is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) air2fakie is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) air2fakie is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) air2fakie is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) air2fakie is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) air2fakie is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) air2fakie is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) air2fakie is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) air2fakie is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) air2fakie is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) air2fakie is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500)
    Originally Posted by JTWOLF99 View Post
    Make sure you're doing some warmup sets before your working sets. And if you're just dropping the weight down, try to lower it with some level of control. Tightening up, lifting, locking out and then totally releasing repeatedly might make you feel a little dizzy. Regardless, as you get more accustomed to it the feeling should lessen.

Train hard play harder Tommy W.'s Avatar
    Tommy W. has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) Tommy W. has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) Tommy W. has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) Tommy W. has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) Tommy W. has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) Tommy W. has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) Tommy W. has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) Tommy W. has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) Tommy W. has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) Tommy W. has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) Tommy W. has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000)
    DL takes a lot of energy and you need to have available energy via a proper diet and it also taxes the CNS heavily. Best to not do heavy DL until you’ve worked up to it progressively
    If you don't get what you want you didn't want it bad enough

sowilson is a name known to all. (+5000) sowilson is a name known to all. (+5000) sowilson is a name known to all. (+5000) sowilson is a name known to all. (+5000) sowilson is a name known to all. (+5000) sowilson is a name known to all. (+5000) sowilson is a name known to all. (+5000) sowilson is a name known to all. (+5000) sowilson is a name known to all. (+5000) sowilson is a name known to all. (+5000) sowilson is a name known to all. (+5000)
    Deadlifts tax your CNS heavily. When my son was going for max Deadlifts or Squats he would often feel lightheaded, sometimes pass out, and frequently puke. Then come home and take a 4 or 5 hour nap. When he did this he always hit a new 1 RM and it helped his strength gains for football and track (HS and college). If you frequently feel lightheaded when doing heavy deadlifts (or any other lift), make sure your crew knows so they can help you, have a puke bucket nearby, and when your done with your lift, take a sit and recover before moving around.

Train hard play harder Tommy W.'s Avatar
    Tommy W. has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) Tommy W. has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) Tommy W. has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) Tommy W. has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) Tommy W. has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) Tommy W. has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) Tommy W. has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) Tommy W. has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) Tommy W. has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) Tommy W. has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) Tommy W. has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000)
    Originally Posted by sowilson View Post
    Deadlifts tax your CNS heavily. When my son was going for max Deadlifts or Squats he would often feel lightheaded, sometimes pass out, and frequently puke. Then come home and take a 4 or 5 hour nap. When he did this he always hit a new 1 RM and it helped his strength gains for football and track (HS and college). If you frequently feel lightheaded when doing heavy deadlifts (or any other lift), make sure your crew knows so they can help you, have a puke bucket nearby, and when your done with your lift, take a sit and recover before moving around.
    there is zero reason to train to the point of puking and passing out.
    If you don't get what you want you didn't want it bad enough