sethlsams is on a distinguished road. (+10)

Exclamation Gaining Weight Tips?? I Need Help!

I am a 33 year old guy, natural ectomorph, and have been trying to gain weight for over 15 years now. I currently weigh 149 and im 5'9. My ideal weight would be 165/175. I think my biggest problem is eating enough. I have tried to force myself to eat a lot thought the day to the point where I get really sick and can't eat anything the next day without throwing up. I have tried spreading my meals out into smaller and more frequent meals but I never have an appetite for anything and always feel full. I went through several kinds of weight gainer shakes (over 38 tubs of them in a few months). Anyone have any advise or tips for me? How to I gain an appetite because I never seem to have one? How can I eat more when I always feel full? Thank you.

air2fakie is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) air2fakie is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) air2fakie is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) air2fakie is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) air2fakie is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) air2fakie is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) air2fakie is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) air2fakie is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) air2fakie is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) air2fakie is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) air2fakie is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500)
    If you haven't been able to gain weight in over 15 years despite all of your attempted strategies, and more importantly if you haven't gained weight going through 38 tubs of weight gainer in a few months, see a doctor to find out if you have any relevant health issues. And stop using that much weight gainer compared with regular food.

BeginnerGainz is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) BeginnerGainz is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) BeginnerGainz is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) BeginnerGainz is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) BeginnerGainz is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) BeginnerGainz is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) BeginnerGainz is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) BeginnerGainz is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) BeginnerGainz is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) BeginnerGainz is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) BeginnerGainz is a splendid one to behold. (+10000)
    Definitely would go see a doctor and maybe a nutritionist

sethlsams is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    I have been to the doctor a few times to test my thyroid and hormones checked out along with other test. Everything looks good. My problem is that i never have an appetite and always feel full. Any recommendations for that?

SuffolkPunch has the mod powerz SuffolkPunch has the mod powerz SuffolkPunch has the mod powerz SuffolkPunch has the mod powerz SuffolkPunch has the mod powerz SuffolkPunch has the mod powerz SuffolkPunch has the mod powerz SuffolkPunch has the mod powerz SuffolkPunch has the mod powerz SuffolkPunch has the mod powerz SuffolkPunch has the mod powerz
    Have you been trying to force feed yourself with low-calorie dense foods like chicken breast and broccoli?

Try some treat foods - there is no reason why not - as long as your basic diet is already supplying necessary vitamins, minerals and protein. Junk foods don't have a "negative" nutritional value - just that most people don't need the extra calories unlike you

air2fakie is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) air2fakie is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) air2fakie is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) air2fakie is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) air2fakie is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) air2fakie is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) air2fakie is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) air2fakie is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) air2fakie is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) air2fakie is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) air2fakie is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500)
    Originally Posted by sethlsams View Post
    I have been to the doctor a few times to test my thyroid and hormones checked out along with other test. Everything looks good. My problem is that i never have an appetite and always feel full. Any recommendations for that?
    Agree with above. If your doctor verified that you're in good health and it's simply a matter of not being able to gain weight because you have no appetite, focus on foods that you enjoy eating to try to gain some initial weight and build up an appetite - these can be healthy or unhealthy, at least in the short term.

xilk will become famous soon enough. (+50) xilk will become famous soon enough. (+50) xilk will become famous soon enough. (+50) xilk will become famous soon enough. (+50) xilk will become famous soon enough. (+50) xilk will become famous soon enough. (+50) xilk will become famous soon enough. (+50) xilk will become famous soon enough. (+50) xilk will become famous soon enough. (+50) xilk will become famous soon enough. (+50) xilk will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    In your situation I only see one solution to increase your calorie intake: only eat high calorie food (think: bacon&eggs, burgers, pizza, etc).
    You have to make every meal count and make it as calorie dense as possible, forget about lean food like chicken breast, rice, etc... Think fat and protein.
    Between meals you can snack on nuts and high quality protein bars as long as it doesn't spoil your appetite for the meals.

However you didn't say anything about training: I've always found my appetite dramatically increasing after lifting weights. That's something to try as well.

proxyfunction has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) proxyfunction has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) proxyfunction has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) proxyfunction has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) proxyfunction has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) proxyfunction has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) proxyfunction has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) proxyfunction has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) proxyfunction has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) proxyfunction has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) proxyfunction has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    You can also try increasing your time being sedentary. I eat on average around 1300-1800 calories per day and maintain a decent size of about 175-180lbs at nearly 5'11. I account most of that due to my sedentary lifestyle. I spend most of my time at my desk barely twitching a muscle let alone moving from place to place. It all adds up.

Originally Posted by proxyfunction View Post
    You can also try increasing your time being sedentary. I eat on average around 1300-1800 calories per day and maintain a decent size of about 175-180lbs at nearly 5'11. I account most of that due to my sedentary lifestyle. I spend most of my time at my desk barely twitching a muscle let alone moving from place to place. It all adds up.
    ^NOT this. OP, don't make being as physically inactive as possible a goal of your workout/nutrition plans.