bropheus is not very helpful. (-500) bropheus is not very helpful. (-500) bropheus is not very helpful. (-500) bropheus is not very helpful. (-500) bropheus is not very helpful. (-500) bropheus is not very helpful. (-500) bropheus is not very helpful. (-500) bropheus is not very helpful. (-500) bropheus is not very helpful. (-500) bropheus is not very helpful. (-500) bropheus is not very helpful. (-500)

Grip strength training

Anyone has any proven programs for grip strength training?

Preferably personal experience and beyond standard stuff like CoC drops and negatives.

Also, any advice regarding equipment/methods: best gripper, dynamic vs static, reps vs holds etc.

Heisman2 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Heisman2 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Heisman2 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Heisman2 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Heisman2 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Heisman2 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Heisman2 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Heisman2 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Heisman2 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Heisman2 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Heisman2 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    No real personal experience but I read up on this stuff awhile ago. Do you have specific goals? There are several different types of grip strength: crush grip, pinch grip, static holds, bending/tearing, extension, etc.

If you're willing to join another forum to get better at this, consider: https://www.gripboard.com/index.php?/forum/1-gripboard/

bropheus is not very helpful. (-500) bropheus is not very helpful. (-500) bropheus is not very helpful. (-500) bropheus is not very helpful. (-500) bropheus is not very helpful. (-500) bropheus is not very helpful. (-500) bropheus is not very helpful. (-500) bropheus is not very helpful. (-500) bropheus is not very helpful. (-500) bropheus is not very helpful. (-500) bropheus is not very helpful. (-500)
    Originally Posted by Heisman2 View Post
    Do you have specific goals?
    Something measurable, e.g. connecting CoC 3

Heisman2 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Heisman2 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Heisman2 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Heisman2 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Heisman2 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Heisman2 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Heisman2 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Heisman2 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Heisman2 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Heisman2 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Heisman2 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    Ok, but do you want to train all different types of grip strength (ie, the things I measured above), or just crush grip for gripper purposes?

I'd look around on that forum and you can probably find some generic routines there.

OldFartTom has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) OldFartTom has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) OldFartTom has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) OldFartTom has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) OldFartTom has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) OldFartTom has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) OldFartTom has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) OldFartTom has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) OldFartTom has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) OldFartTom has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) OldFartTom has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    The little I have to share..

You get very weird looks and people get really uncomfortable if you are on a long subway journey etc and try to make use of time doing Captains of Crush workout (not abbreviating that, as that's a troll magnet). Best avoid that.

Captains of Crush upside down (spring towards little finger and static holds of that) is good for variety and better for crossover other grip skill

As I mentioned in another recent post, fatgripz (actually I had cheap Chinese copy) on a deadlift bar is an amazing grip challenge/workout. I got grip for dumbbell use but this means there's a big gap where they don't close up correctly on bar (it's a bit of a problem) so definitely get some larger diameter ones designed for going on a barbell. FatGripz make one for this, checkout Rogue website. Think the CrossFit community have recently discovered or think they invented this, so large diameter ones should now be easy to get hold of

Originally Posted by Heisman2 View Post
    No real personal experience but I read up on this stuff awhile ago. Do you have specific goals? There are several different types of grip strength: crush grip, pinch grip, static holds, bending/tearing, extension, etc.

If you're willing to join another forum to get better at this, consider: https://www.gripboard.com/index.php?/forum/1-gripboard/
    Take heisman's advice!
    Faith in Jesus first and faith in squats second.
    Then other details will start to slot themselves into place.

360365LAWS has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) 360365LAWS has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) 360365LAWS has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) 360365LAWS has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) 360365LAWS has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) 360365LAWS has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) 360365LAWS has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10)
    Look up John Brookfield.

grey27 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) grey27 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) grey27 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) grey27 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) grey27 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) grey27 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) grey27 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) grey27 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) grey27 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) grey27 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) grey27 has a spectacular aura about. (+250)
    Originally Posted by OldFartTom View Post
    The little I have to share..

You get very weird looks and people get really uncomfortable if you are on a long subway journey etc and try to make use of time doing Captains of Crush workout (not abbreviating that, as that's a troll magnet). Best avoid that.

Captains of Crush upside down (spring towards little finger and static holds of that) is good for variety and better for crossover other grip skill

As I mentioned in another recent post, fatgripz (actually I had cheap Chinese copy) on a deadlift bar is an amazing grip challenge/workout. I got grip for dumbbell use but this means there's a big gap where they don't close up correctly on bar (it's a bit of a problem) so definitely get some larger diameter ones designed for going on a barbell. FatGripz make one for this, checkout Rogue website. Think the CrossFit community have recently discovered or think they invented this, so large diameter ones should now be easy to get hold of

Take heisman's advice!
    In my opinion, most people are already limited in their deadlift by their grip strength. So using a fat grip for deadlift probably is not training anything other than grip. Deadlifting with an axle bar is different beast though because the axle is not flexible and it trains the lift at the start. I personally prefer fat grip with loaded carries and chin ups. If you are not doing loaded carries you should.