proxyfunction has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) proxyfunction has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) proxyfunction has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) proxyfunction has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) proxyfunction has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) proxyfunction has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) proxyfunction has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) proxyfunction has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) proxyfunction has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) proxyfunction has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) proxyfunction has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)

Decent gains after 3 months?

After 3 months of lifting weights, having not lifted for over 2 years, have I made ok gains so far?

OHP -Start: 75lbs Now: 105lbs x 3
    Barbell Row - Start: 75lbs Now: 115lbs x 6
    Squat - Start: 75lbs Now: 145lbs x 3
    Deadlift - Start: 95lbs Now: 185lbs x 4
    Pull-Ups - Start: 3-4 incomplete reps Now: 6 almost complete reps

TryingBB has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) TryingBB has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) TryingBB has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) TryingBB has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) TryingBB has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) TryingBB has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) TryingBB has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) TryingBB has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) TryingBB has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) TryingBB has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) TryingBB has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    Originally Posted by proxyfunction View Post
    After 3 months of lifting weights, having not lifted for over 2 years, have I made ok gains?

OHP - Start: 75lbs Now: 105lbs x 3
    Barbell Row - Start: 75lbs Now: 115lbs x 6
    Squat - Start: 75lbs Now: 145lbs x 3
    Deadlift - Start: 95lbs Now: 185lbs x 4
    Pull-Ups - Start: 3-4 incomplete reps Now: 6 almost complete reps
    Looks fine. How many reps were you doing even you started?

Almost complete = does not count
    **^^ gone ^^**

proxyfunction has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) proxyfunction has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) proxyfunction has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) proxyfunction has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) proxyfunction has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) proxyfunction has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) proxyfunction has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) proxyfunction has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) proxyfunction has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) proxyfunction has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) proxyfunction has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    Originally Posted by TryingBB View Post
    Looks fine. How many reps were you doing even you started?

Almost complete = does not count
    That of course needs to be considered to know if in fact my gains are decent. I was doing about 5-10 reps for those main compound lifts at the beginning.

SuffolkPunch has the mod powerz SuffolkPunch has the mod powerz SuffolkPunch has the mod powerz SuffolkPunch has the mod powerz SuffolkPunch has the mod powerz SuffolkPunch has the mod powerz SuffolkPunch has the mod powerz SuffolkPunch has the mod powerz SuffolkPunch has the mod powerz SuffolkPunch has the mod powerz SuffolkPunch has the mod powerz
    If you want a reasonably consistent view of how your rep / weight performance is progressing then use a 1RM calculator like the one on the exrx site.

https://exrx.net/Calculators/OneRepMax

Even if you don't care about your specific 1RM, it's a useful metric. For example, going from 10 x 75 -> 3 x 105 is way less impressive than going from 5 x 75 -> 3 x 105

Originally Posted by SuffolkPunch View Post
    If you want a reasonably consistent view of how your rep / weight performance is progressing then use a 1RM calculator like the one on the exrx site.

Even if you don't care about your specific 1RM, it's a useful metric. For example, going from 10 x 75 -> 3 x 105 is way less impressive than going from 5 x 75 -> 3 x 105
    Of course it had to be you who would get so reductionistic. All the advice you have given me so far has been top notch. Yes, I will take that into account.

Do my lifts look proportional?

SuffolkPunch has the mod powerz SuffolkPunch has the mod powerz SuffolkPunch has the mod powerz SuffolkPunch has the mod powerz SuffolkPunch has the mod powerz SuffolkPunch has the mod powerz SuffolkPunch has the mod powerz SuffolkPunch has the mod powerz SuffolkPunch has the mod powerz SuffolkPunch has the mod powerz SuffolkPunch has the mod powerz
    Yes, I think they look like the kind of proportions I would expect.

I'm guessing you have fairly light bodyweight since the pullups appear better than the BB row.

Yes, I think they look like the kind of proportions I would expect.

I'm guessing you have fairly light bodyweight since the pullups appear better than the BB row.
    Your picking me apart. It's amazing what knowledge can do. I normally weigh around 175-185lbs at 5'10.75 .
    Last edited by proxyfunction; 06-05-2020 at 02:08 AM.

bemegc has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    Solid progress overall.

Kanye West 2020 πŸ‡ΊπŸ‡Έ alec935's Avatar
    alec935 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) alec935 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) alec935 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) alec935 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) alec935 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) alec935 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) alec935 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) alec935 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) alec935 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) alec935 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) alec935 has a spectacular aura about. (+250)

https://exrx.net/Calculators/OneRepMax

My lower volume lifts are always more "impressive" according to the calculator than my higher-volume lifts. Type-II dominant, I'd guess.

Would you say that 1RM is a good tool for measuring progress if my 1RM is more impressive than the calculator would guess from my 10RM? Or would my, say, 15RM be more useful because it's what I'm worse at?

bemegc has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    I don't think 1RM is very useful if you want to gain muscle: as long as you get stronger in whatever rep range you typically lift in, you're good. Everything else is just over analyzing the matter.

Han shot first! TolerantLactose's Avatar
    TolerantLactose has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) TolerantLactose has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) TolerantLactose has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) TolerantLactose has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) TolerantLactose has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) TolerantLactose has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) TolerantLactose has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) TolerantLactose has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) TolerantLactose has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) TolerantLactose has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) TolerantLactose has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    Originally Posted by alec935 View Post
    My lower volume lifts are always more "impressive" according to the calculator than my higher-volume lifts. Type-II dominant, I'd guess.

Would you say that 1RM is a good tool for measuring progress if my 1RM is more impressive than the calculator would guess from my 10RM? Or would my, say, 15RM be more useful because it's what I'm worse at?
    That's not what Suffolk was getting at. It was the change in rep range from 10 to 3 vs. 5 to 3 in the example
    Am I therefore become your enemy, because I tell you the truth?
    Galatians 4:16

air2fakie has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) air2fakie has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) air2fakie has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) air2fakie has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) air2fakie has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) air2fakie has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) air2fakie has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) air2fakie has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) air2fakie has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) air2fakie has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) air2fakie has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)

You know your 15RM for your lifts?

Kanye West 2020 πŸ‡ΊπŸ‡Έ alec935's Avatar
    alec935 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) alec935 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) alec935 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) alec935 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) alec935 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) alec935 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) alec935 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) alec935 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) alec935 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) alec935 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) alec935 has a spectacular aura about. (+250)
    No but I assume there'd be a calculator for it or something similar

It could be - or just specificity - i.e. that you have mostly trained in lower rep ranges.

It could be - or just specificity - i.e. that you have mostly trained in lower rep ranges.