Registered User Flemingchristopher12's Avatar
    Flemingchristopher12 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)

Smile Diagnosed with Sarcoidosis and on Steroids but need to lose weight

Hello, I'm looking for a coach in Michigan. I live in Ypsilanti, MI and I'm desperately in need to lose weight. I was diagnosed with Sarcoidosis and put on steroids to get rid of it. Because of the steroids, my appetite is high and I've gained about 10 pounds so far. Is there a coach out there who specializes in this and knows the best diet plan? I'm trying to start next week on a regime. I need to get shredded like I'm going to compete on stage. I also need a coach that's nearby so I can train somehow. I know the gyms are closed but I'm sure there's access to weights and cardio machines somewhere. This woman who I'm following on social media also has Sarcoidosis and claims that a gluten free, dairy free, and sugar free diet is the way to go and has been the only diet to work for her. Please help me before I end up with joint problems and diabetes. I'm currently around 230 pounds and I'm trying to get down to 175 pounds in 3 to 6 months.

SuffolkPunch has the mod powerz SuffolkPunch has the mod powerz SuffolkPunch has the mod powerz SuffolkPunch has the mod powerz SuffolkPunch has the mod powerz SuffolkPunch has the mod powerz SuffolkPunch has the mod powerz SuffolkPunch has the mod powerz SuffolkPunch has the mod powerz SuffolkPunch has the mod powerz SuffolkPunch has the mod powerz
    If it's anabolic steroids you are talking about then that is a subject which may not be discussed on this forum. We also can't give medical advice so any kind of medication is generally out of bounds too.

We can however, give general advice on training or nutrition.

Be careful of claims made by people on youtube, there is a lot of nonsense and quackery talked about - especially when they have something to sell you.

If you have type II diabetes, this can be treated effectively using a low carb diet. I suggest getting an app like myfitnesspal or cronometer and putting in things you want to eat. Make sure you get enough protein and fats without going much over (say) 50g of carbs per day. Perhaps aim for a daily calorie budget of 2000 cals initially.

Originally Posted by SuffolkPunch View Post
    If it's anabolic steroids you are talking about then that is a subject which may not be discussed on this forum. We also can't give medical advice so any kind of medication is generally out of bounds too.

We can however, give general advice on training or nutrition.

Be careful of claims made by people on youtube, there is a lot of nonsense and quackery talked about - especially when they have something to sell you.

If you have type II diabetes, this can be treated effectively using a low carb diet. I suggest getting an app like myfitnesspal or cronometer and putting in things you want to eat. Make sure you get enough protein and fats without going much over (say) 50g of carbs per day. Perhaps aim for a daily calorie budget of 2000 cals initially.
    The steroids I was put on is prednisone. I just need a meal plan with 6 meals a day that's diary free, sugar free, and gluten free that'll get me shredded like going on stage for a competition. Something that's already drafted for me to just go buy. I need a coach.

Registered User Eternalstuden79's Avatar
    Eternalstuden79 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Eternalstuden79 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Eternalstuden79 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Eternalstuden79 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Eternalstuden79 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Eternalstuden79 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Eternalstuden79 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Eternalstuden79 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Eternalstuden79 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Eternalstuden79 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Eternalstuden79 has a spectacular aura about. (+250)
    The diet your chick on your social media is following what is roughly called an anti-inflammatory diet.

Does it work - some say yes, some say no. I say its worth a try.

As for cortico-steroids, they are not anabolic, but they screw your own hormone rhythm which can lead to putting on weight, and water weight. There is a classic moon face look to long term use. However, if you google Bradly Wiggins and corticosteroids you'll realise they are not all bad.

As for your weight loss.

There are no secrets, eat at a deficit, and train. follow the stickies on here.

A word of caution 60lb in 3 months is a lot, and probably unattainable in a healthy manner. So as well as caution over quacks on social media, be careful over people selling you just what you want.

Admins - I hope I have not overstepped the mark, and apologize if I have.

Originally Posted by Eternalstuden79 View Post
    The diet your chick on your social media is following what is roughly called an anti-inflammatory diet.

Does it work - some say yes, some say no. I say its worth a try.

As for cortico-steroids, they are not anabolic, but they screw your own hormone rhythm which can lead to putting on weight, and water weight. There is a classic moon face look to long term use. However, if you google Bradly Wiggins and corticosteroids you'll realise they are not all bad.

As for your weight loss.

There are no secrets, eat at a deficit, and train. follow the stickies on here.

A word of caution 60lb in 3 months is a lot, and probably unattainable in a healthy manner. So as well as caution over quacks on social media, be careful over people selling you just what you want.

Admins - I hope I have not overstepped the mark, and apologize if I have.
    Thank you for your reply and no you have not overstepped the mark. Thank you for the information. Come to think about it, it looks like it'll take more like 6 months to lose the weight comfortably. I did bodybuilding twice before so I know what it takes. But this time is different because of the appetite issue. I would need an anti-inflammatory diet that would kill the extra cravings. And I'm sorry long day but, what do you mean by follow the stickies? Ad do you know if there's a website that has meal plan coaches or to where I tell them i need an anti-inflammatory diet and they'll send it to me?

Registered User Eternalstuden79's Avatar
    Eternalstuden79 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Eternalstuden79 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Eternalstuden79 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Eternalstuden79 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Eternalstuden79 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Eternalstuden79 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Eternalstuden79 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Eternalstuden79 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Eternalstuden79 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Eternalstuden79 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Eternalstuden79 has a spectacular aura about. (+250)
    Originally Posted by Flemingchristopher12 View Post
    Thank you for your reply and no you have not overstepped the mark. Thank you for the information. Come to think about it, it looks like it'll take more like 6 months to lose the weight comfortably. I did bodybuilding twice before so I know what it takes. But this time is different because of the appetite issue. I would need an anti-inflammatory diet that would kill the extra cravings. And I'm sorry long day but, what do you mean by follow the stickies? Ad do you know if there's a website that has meal plan coaches or to where I tell them i need an anti-inflammatory diet and they'll send it to me?
    Stickies are the pinned posts at the top of the nutrition page, you scrolled passed them to get to here. Read the macros, and read newbies threads.

Appetite goes hand in hand with will-power, in all cases no matter what the medication you are on, if you want to loose weight, you need to balance cal's in to cal's out. That is all. People talk about metabolic changes and all that, but ultimately if the medication does that to you all you need to do is eat less. So it comes back to will power.

If you want to read about anti-inflamatory diets my two choices of websites are.
    breakingtheviciouscycle.info/
    and
    elanaspantry.com/

I have no connection to these sites, and they are not bodybuilding or training related. However, the information on them I feel would be what you are looking for.

You do not need a coach - you may want one, all you need is to work out your caloric requirement, and then what foods you want to use to make up that requirement, and how you want to go about splitting it up over the day.

Personally I've never eaten 6 meals a day, but I have eaten 3 meals a week, but each to their own :-)