Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2
    akmerle is just really nice. (+1000) akmerle is just really nice. (+1000) akmerle is just really nice. (+1000) akmerle is just really nice. (+1000) akmerle is just really nice. (+1000) akmerle is just really nice. (+1000) akmerle is just really nice. (+1000) akmerle is just really nice. (+1000) akmerle is just really nice. (+1000) akmerle is just really nice. (+1000) akmerle is just really nice. (+1000)
    Originally Posted by knightofday View Post
    I think a lot of bruhs itt ate overlooking government/tech company overreach and control srs. No one but me is worried that the government will legislate our freedom away someday? Ffs look at what’s happening in dozens of cities nationwide as I type this lulz. Hope like hell im wrong, and I hope owner operated has cars last the rest of our lifetimes!
    Lol. What in US automotive history has shown that overreach is possible at the scale you are trembling about?

Hell, the government is basically taking a totally hands off approach to autonomous / semi autonomous legislation and telling the Big 3 “you guys work amongst yourselves, and come up with it for us.” This type of hands off approach has worked well for all parties involved in the past, and I don’t see that changing.

knightofday has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) knightofday has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) knightofday has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) knightofday has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) knightofday has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) knightofday has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) knightofday has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) knightofday has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) knightofday has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) knightofday has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) knightofday has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    Originally Posted by akmerle View Post
    Lol. What in US automotive history has shown that overreach is possible at the scale you are trembling about?

Hell, the government is basically taking a totally hands off approach to autonomous / semi autonomous legislation and telling the Big 3 “you guys work among yourselves, and come up with it for us.” This type of hands off approach has worked well for all parties involved in the past, and I don’t see that changing.
    Youre telling me with a straight face that after the big 3 develop their vehicles that Big Daddy govt isnt going to create 1001 regulations for autonomous cars? Surely youre not that naive bruh... To be honest, my biggest worry right now is actually the tech companies themselves..."bleep bloop you've had too much wrongthink, switching navigation to the closest re-education center for training" lulz. Not to mention that all of these vehicles will have over the air updates from the factory, we will be at the mercy of the manufacturers. We have already seen it with Tesla neutering some of their cars over the air with updates. There's a class action lawsuit for it rn.

brb mention tranny men aren't women and your car is disabled

brb say all lives matter and your car shuts off

I see it playing out almost exactly like social media and cell phones: the novelty will be amazing in the beginning and the tech is open and free. Then the companies or special interests seep in and completely change the platforms, before you know it they're doing more harm than good to our daily lives. Look at what Facebook has become, look at Apple phones today. Everyone should have learned a HUGE lessons about technology and big tech over the last 10 years, you'd have to be asleep to not have taken notice.

srs thread is srs
    Last edited by knightofday; 06-25-2020 at 06:35 AM.

Lord of the plains Nocturnal310's Avatar
    Nocturnal310 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Nocturnal310 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Nocturnal310 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Nocturnal310 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Nocturnal310 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Nocturnal310 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Nocturnal310 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Nocturnal310 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Nocturnal310 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Nocturnal310 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Nocturnal310 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    Originally Posted by knightofday View Post
    Youre telling me with a straight face that after the big 3 develop their vehicles that Big Daddy govt isnt going to create 1001 regulations for autonomous cars? Surely youre not that naive bruh... To be honest, my biggest worry right now is actually the tech companies themselves..."bleep bloop you've had too much wrongthink, switching navigation to the closest re-education center for training" lulz. Not to mention that all of these vehicles will have over the air updates from the factory, we will be at the mercy of the manufacturers. We have already seen it with Tesla neutering some of their cars over the air with updates. There's a class action lawsuit for it rn.

brb mention tranny men aren't women and your car is disabled

brb say all lives matter and your car shuts off

I see it playing out almost exactly like social media and cell phones: the novelty will be amazing in the beginning and the tech is open and free. Then the companies or special interests seep in and completely change the platforms, before you know it they're doing more harm than good to our daily lives. Look at what Facebook has become, look at Apple phones today. Everyone should have learned a HUGE lessons about technology and big tech over the last 10 years, you'd have to be asleep to not have taken notice.

srs thread is srs
    Ya I am not a big fan of these internet connected cars. Cars have too many distracting features these days
    "Your problem is you spent your whole life thinking there are rules. There aren't. We used to be gorillas. All we had is what we could take and defend." - Lorne Malvo

“I'll do anything usually if there's money involved and little work.” — Daniel Tosh

Chef Crew | NYC Crew | Knee Draggers Crew