AllBoneNoMeat is on a distinguished road. (+10)

117 pound 16 y/0 can’t gain weight

Hello everyone. As the title reads, i’m 117 pounds at 16 years old. I am also currently 5’11. When i started working out at 14 I was 80. I eat upwards of 3000 calories daily but have been stuck between 110-120 pounds for months. I have practically no body fat. I am 100% muscle with barely any of it. Any suggestions would be helpful!
    Also, I know i have a chest gap and high tricep/bicep insertions. If someone could tell me which muscles I have good genetics for, then I will focus more on those. Also do I have wide shoulders? My waist is 26 inches. I have attached multiple pictures for my upper body. I didn't include legs because u guys already know what chicken legs look like. Thank you to anyone who took the time to read my post!

ClimberTrav is on a distinguished road. (+10) ClimberTrav is on a distinguished road. (+10) ClimberTrav is on a distinguished road. (+10) ClimberTrav is on a distinguished road. (+10) ClimberTrav is on a distinguished road. (+10) ClimberTrav is on a distinguished road. (+10) ClimberTrav is on a distinguished road. (+10) ClimberTrav is on a distinguished road. (+10) ClimberTrav is on a distinguished road. (+10) ClimberTrav is on a distinguished road. (+10) ClimberTrav is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    Hello,

I understand where you're coming from. I'm 46, now, and I've learned some things. At 14, I was 70 pounds, and I didn't break 100 pounds until the summer before my senior year. Puberty kicked in, I grew a foot and found myself 6 feet tall and 120 pounds or so, with no muscle and no fat. It took me 15 years to figure out, but the solution was dead simple.

Increase calories.

At your stage, nothing else matters. You will get stronger by gaining neural efficiency by working out, but you won't grow until you feed. At your current intake and body composition, your body is a calorie burning machine. For me, I didn't enjoy eating, and I didn't enjoy the time it took to eat, or to prepare food--I much preferred playing soccer for 5 hours a day. Eating 3000 calories already was too much of a burden, as far as I was concerned, but, there was no other way.

Bump your intake up to 5000, and if that still doesn't do it then go to 7000. This will feel very uncomfortable, like force feeding torture, but your body will adapt. For me, I did this with supershakes, on the Precision Nutrition program, but the point is to consume a lot more, and at your age, you don't need to be too focused on how nutritional those calories are. Just. Eat. Something.

When you get consistent gains, then congratulations, you've learned to eat.

Today, I'm 169 pounds at 13% fat, and there's the good news--even at your fattest, you'll still be way more lean than most.

So, pick something up and eat it.

--Travis