radrd has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) radrd has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) radrd has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) radrd has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) radrd has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) radrd has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) radrd has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) radrd has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) radrd has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) radrd has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) radrd has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)

Another functional trainer thread - Inspire, Rep, or Bodycraft?

I seriously doubt anyone has used all three of these functional trainers, but thoughts based on specs? I'm seriously considering going with the Rep FT-5000. Reviews are pretty good and the price is appealing. I know quality control is a concern, but I've had good experiences with Rep recently and might be willing to take a chance. That said, once businesses are open again, it's likely I can pick up the Inspire FT1 or Bodycraft HFT new locally and they may offer some considerable discounts. If I can get a price close to Rep, I'll likely take one of them instead. I'd upgrade the weight stacks on either.

Bodycraft HFT:
    https://www.bodycraft.com/hft-functional-trainer.html

Inspire FT1:
    https://inspirefitness.com/product/f...ional-trainer/

Rep Fitness FT-5000
    https://www.repfitness.com/rep-multi...tional-trainer

gym62richard is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) gym62richard is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) gym62richard is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) gym62richard is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) gym62richard is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) gym62richard is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) gym62richard is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) gym62richard is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) gym62richard is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) gym62richard is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) gym62richard is a splendid one to behold. (+10000)
    I have a Cybex Bravo, I've had the opportunity to use the Inspire FT1 on several occasions, in my view it's a great unit, the Inspire cable machines are as smooth as any cable machine on the market.

I think if you read back through previous FT threads, you'd find that overall the FT1 gets more love than any other unit, particularly at it's price point.

irongrandpa has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) irongrandpa has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) irongrandpa has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) irongrandpa has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) irongrandpa has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) irongrandpa has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) irongrandpa has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) irongrandpa has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) irongrandpa has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) irongrandpa has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) irongrandpa has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    I was ready to order the Rep FT5000 when a nearly new InspireFT1 with upgraded weight stacks and a complete set of TrakHandles came up for sale near by for only $750. Needless to say it's in my gym now and it's a great unit.

The FT5000 comes with heavier weight stacks so you won't have that as an extra expense .

I tried out a Body Craft FTand a Bodysolid model at a dealers store and wasn't as impressed with them compared to the Inspire. I know others may like them, but my opinion of them after using the Inspire had them lower on the quality list.
    Sig line can't be a novel

radrd has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) radrd has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) radrd has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) radrd has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) radrd has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) radrd has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) radrd has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) radrd has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) radrd has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) radrd has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) radrd has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    Thank you both for the replies. Sounds like I can probably narrow it down to Rep and Inspire. I'll keep an eye out for used, but right now I'm not optimistic.

Mxchino will become famous soon enough. (+50) Mxchino will become famous soon enough. (+50) Mxchino will become famous soon enough. (+50) Mxchino will become famous soon enough. (+50) Mxchino will become famous soon enough. (+50) Mxchino will become famous soon enough. (+50) Mxchino will become famous soon enough. (+50) Mxchino will become famous soon enough. (+50) Mxchino will become famous soon enough. (+50) Mxchino will become famous soon enough. (+50) Mxchino will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    Only thing I don’t like about the rep model is how far the handles hang down. There is no way to do any triceps pull downs without being on your knees.

Duplicitous is just really nice. (+1000) Duplicitous is just really nice. (+1000) Duplicitous is just really nice. (+1000) Duplicitous is just really nice. (+1000) Duplicitous is just really nice. (+1000) Duplicitous is just really nice. (+1000) Duplicitous is just really nice. (+1000) Duplicitous is just really nice. (+1000) Duplicitous is just really nice. (+1000) Duplicitous is just really nice. (+1000) Duplicitous is just really nice. (+1000)
    Inspire, hands down.

potatosoup is on a distinguished road. (+10) potatosoup is on a distinguished road. (+10) potatosoup is on a distinguished road. (+10) potatosoup is on a distinguished road. (+10) potatosoup is on a distinguished road. (+10) potatosoup is on a distinguished road. (+10) potatosoup is on a distinguished road. (+10) potatosoup is on a distinguished road. (+10) potatosoup is on a distinguished road. (+10) potatosoup is on a distinguished road. (+10) potatosoup is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    Originally Posted by radrd View Post
    Thank you both for the replies. Sounds like I can probably narrow it down to Rep and Inspire. I'll keep an eye out for used, but right now I'm not optimistic.
    If buying new I would go with the Rep model all day. Heavier weight stack, much nicer pull up bar, and I like the way the pulleys adjust. The inspire has this awkward lever, while everyone else uses the tried and true handle with pop pin. If used the Inspire goes for much less than the Rep.

I had an FT2 and retrofitted a Force USA back pad. Sold that unit and getting a Cybex Bravo.

gym62richard is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) gym62richard is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) gym62richard is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) gym62richard is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) gym62richard is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) gym62richard is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) gym62richard is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) gym62richard is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) gym62richard is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) gym62richard is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) gym62richard is a splendid one to behold. (+10000)
    Originally Posted by Mxchino View Post
    Only thing I don’t like about the rep model is how far the handles hang down. There is no way to do any triceps pull downs without being on your knees.
    I have no experience with the Rep unit,, but I agree, the top pulley position appears to be too low.

While this appears likely, it's hard for me to tell for sure from the photos and I haven't read this complaint in reviews. Have you used it?

Mxchino will become famous soon enough. (+50) Mxchino will become famous soon enough. (+50) Mxchino will become famous soon enough. (+50) Mxchino will become famous soon enough. (+50) Mxchino will become famous soon enough. (+50) Mxchino will become famous soon enough. (+50) Mxchino will become famous soon enough. (+50) Mxchino will become famous soon enough. (+50) Mxchino will become famous soon enough. (+50) Mxchino will become famous soon enough. (+50) Mxchino will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    While this appears likely, it's hard for me to tell for sure from the photos and I haven't read this complaint in reviews. Have you used it?
    No, sorry I have not. Just by looking at pictures of it. When I was shopping for one I never considered it because of how far down they appear to hang.

Edit;
    I knew I had seen something before about the height. I found an old thread on here where someone measured from the floor to the carbineer on the rep. It’s only 58”.

I ended up buying a used body solid deluxe cable crossover for $400. The overall height of it is only 83” I measured from the floor to the carbineer and it’s 66” and I can’t use a rope with it for pulldowns. I’m 6’2” though.
    Last edited by Mxchino; 06-04-2020 at 08:08 PM. Reason: New info

No, sorry I have not. Just by looking at pictures of it. When I was shopping for one I never considered it because of how far down they appear to hang.

Edit;
    I knew I had seen something before about the height. I found an old thread on here where someone measured from the floor to the carbineer on the rep. It’s only 58”.

I ended up buying a used body solid deluxe cable crossover for $400. The overall height of it is only 83” I measured from the floor to the carbineer and it’s 66” and I can’t use a rope with it for pulldowns. I’m 6’2” though.
    You're right - 58" measured by Duke or someone he knows. Found the thread too:

https://forum.bodybuilding.com/showt...7445361&page=1

Anyone happen to know the measurement on the Inspire FT1 or willing to check really quick?

potatosoup is on a distinguished road. (+10) potatosoup is on a distinguished road. (+10) potatosoup is on a distinguished road. (+10) potatosoup is on a distinguished road. (+10) potatosoup is on a distinguished road. (+10) potatosoup is on a distinguished road. (+10) potatosoup is on a distinguished road. (+10) potatosoup is on a distinguished road. (+10) potatosoup is on a distinguished road. (+10) potatosoup is on a distinguished road. (+10) potatosoup is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    Do let us know which you end up with and impressions when you decide!

irongrandpa has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) irongrandpa has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) irongrandpa has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) irongrandpa has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) irongrandpa has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) irongrandpa has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) irongrandpa has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) irongrandpa has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) irongrandpa has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) irongrandpa has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) irongrandpa has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    You're right - 58" measured by Duke or someone he knows. Found the thread too:

https://forum.bodybuilding.com/showt...7445361&page=1

Anyone happen to know the measurement on the Inspire FT1 or willing to check really quick?
    On the Inspire FT1 it's 66" from the floor to the bottom of the carbiner. Also, someone had mentioned the levers used for column adjustments. After using them I find the lever easier to adjust with one hand than a pop pin.
    Sig line can't be a novel

Originally Posted by irongrandpa View Post
    On the Inspire FT1 it's 66" from the floor to the bottom of the carbiner. Also, someone had mentioned the levers used for column adjustments. After using them I find the lever easier to adjust with one hand than a pop pin.
    Thanks a bunch. Would rep you again if I could. I'm going to go with the FT1 and wait for the local place to open again. I bet they'll have a sale after being closed for so long, but we'll see.

Thanks a bunch. Would rep you again if I could. I'm going to go with the FT1 and wait for the local place to open again. I bet they'll have a sale after being closed for so long, but we'll see.
    I think that’s the smart choice. I was very impressed with it when I went and tried them out. Other dude is correct the levers are much easier to adjust the column then the pop-pins.

Registered User Deep-Voiced-One's Avatar
    Deep-Voiced-One is a name known to all. (+5000) Deep-Voiced-One is a name known to all. (+5000) Deep-Voiced-One is a name known to all. (+5000) Deep-Voiced-One is a name known to all. (+5000) Deep-Voiced-One is a name known to all. (+5000) Deep-Voiced-One is a name known to all. (+5000) Deep-Voiced-One is a name known to all. (+5000) Deep-Voiced-One is a name known to all. (+5000) Deep-Voiced-One is a name known to all. (+5000) Deep-Voiced-One is a name known to all. (+5000) Deep-Voiced-One is a name known to all. (+5000)
    Excellent choice indeed, I've tried it out a few times at one of the local fitness equipment dealers, very smooth cables along with the adjustment levers.

For people with height constraints (according to Inspire), the pull up bar doesn't need to be bolted up top for the unit to remain solid and it's awesome that it can fit in corners too.

You won't regret it, it's a great little unit.

swimmer32 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) swimmer32 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) swimmer32 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) swimmer32 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) swimmer32 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) swimmer32 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) swimmer32 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) swimmer32 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) swimmer32 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) swimmer32 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) swimmer32 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000)
    I bought the FT1 used and I wouldn't hesitate to make the purchase again. Great piece of equipment.
    STAND TALL AND SHAKE THE HEAVENS!!

"Do you not know that your bodies are temples of the Holy Spirit, who is in you, whom you have received from God? You are not your own." - 1 Corinthians 6:19

▪█─-─█▪ Equipment Crew #71 ▪█─-─█▪
    []---[] York Barbell Club #32 []---[]
    []---[] Ivanko Barbell Crew #66 []---[]
    ||---|| Rogue Barbell Club #6 ||---||

piratelifebad is a jewel in the rough. (+500) piratelifebad is a jewel in the rough. (+500) piratelifebad is a jewel in the rough. (+500) piratelifebad is a jewel in the rough. (+500) piratelifebad is a jewel in the rough. (+500) piratelifebad is a jewel in the rough. (+500) piratelifebad is a jewel in the rough. (+500) piratelifebad is a jewel in the rough. (+500) piratelifebad is a jewel in the rough. (+500) piratelifebad is a jewel in the rough. (+500) piratelifebad is a jewel in the rough. (+500)
    FT1 here as well. I could upgrade to one of the adjustable arm models, but I'm not going to because the FT1 just works so damn well and has a really small footprint.

I've yet to find a smoother machine. Vertical adjustment of the pulleys is by far the best on the market. My wife also loves using it and doesn't need my help.

evankyle is just really nice. (+1000) evankyle is just really nice. (+1000) evankyle is just really nice. (+1000) evankyle is just really nice. (+1000) evankyle is just really nice. (+1000) evankyle is just really nice. (+1000) evankyle is just really nice. (+1000) evankyle is just really nice. (+1000) evankyle is just really nice. (+1000) evankyle is just really nice. (+1000) evankyle is just really nice. (+1000)
    Originally Posted by piratelifebad View Post
    FT1 here as well. I could upgrade to one of the adjustable arm models, but I'm not going to because the FT1 just works so damn well and has a really small footprint.

I've yet to find a smoother machine. Vertical adjustment of the pulleys is by far the best on the market. My wife also loves using it and doesn't need my help.
    I need to test the FT1 as well once stores are open soon in NJ. I did like the adjustable arm models as well and will also look at the Cybex Bravo and the Hoist models. Tuff Stuff also seems decent.

NoobMulder has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) NoobMulder has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) NoobMulder has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) NoobMulder has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) NoobMulder has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) NoobMulder has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) NoobMulder has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) NoobMulder has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) NoobMulder has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) NoobMulder has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) NoobMulder has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    I bought the Ft1 new and recently sold it, I tried the Hoist M7 , a couple Life Fitness models, I have also owned Tuff stuff cxt and a Xmark.
    Ft1 was the smoothest and had the feel I preffered, compared to all the other 2 to 1 ratios the Ft1 was just smooth.
    I sold to make room for a hammer strength piece, if I was going to get another functional trainer I would hold out for the cybex bravo.
    The few to consider without a back support pad for me woulde be Ft1 ( id own it again), Life Fitness signature series, Matrix . I have not tried the Matrix but id blind buy it as I tried a matrix cable crossover and was impressed with the feel

evankyle is just really nice. (+1000) evankyle is just really nice. (+1000) evankyle is just really nice. (+1000) evankyle is just really nice. (+1000) evankyle is just really nice. (+1000) evankyle is just really nice. (+1000) evankyle is just really nice. (+1000) evankyle is just really nice. (+1000) evankyle is just really nice. (+1000) evankyle is just really nice. (+1000) evankyle is just really nice. (+1000)
    Originally Posted by NoobMulder View Post
    I bought the Ft1 new and recently sold it, I tried the Hoist M7 , a couple Life Fitness models, I have also owned Tuff stuff cxt and a Xmark.
    Ft1 was the smoothest and had the feel I preffered, compared to all the other 2 to 1 ratios the Ft1 was just smooth.
    I sold to make room for a hammer strength piece, if I was going to get another functional trainer I would hold out for the cybex bravo.
    The few to consider without a back support pad for me woulde be Ft1 ( id own it again), Life Fitness signature series, Matrix . I have not tried the Matrix but id blind buy it as I tried a matrix cable crossover and was impressed with the feel
    how did you like the Tuff Stuff.

NoobMulder has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) NoobMulder has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) NoobMulder has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) NoobMulder has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) NoobMulder has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) NoobMulder has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) NoobMulder has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) NoobMulder has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) NoobMulder has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) NoobMulder has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) NoobMulder has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    Originally Posted by evankyle View Post
    how did you like the Tuff Stuff.
    The tuff stuff was a good unit, the high and low pulleys were not very smooth but the heavier the weight the better it felt imo , the main pulleys were smooth and felt good. It fit great in a corner.
    The only issue I had could have only been my unit, if you wanted to do say decline/flat presses with the straight bar it was really hard to to adjust the pulleys with one hand as you would need to adjust the pulleys/ handles into place and there was alot of friction to adjust up and down a couple knotches, vs the FT1 you could easily adjust the pulleys with one hand.I did all I could to fix friction, cleaned/ lubed everything, just a pain to adjust one handed laying on a bench under the bar
    But that issue is only if you do presses with the straight bar
    Overall a great unit, main pulleys felt almost as good as Ft1 imo, I would own the Tuff Stuff again and be happy, vs I would not want to own the Xmark again

C123C is a name known to all. (+5000) C123C is a name known to all. (+5000) C123C is a name known to all. (+5000) C123C is a name known to all. (+5000) C123C is a name known to all. (+5000) C123C is a name known to all. (+5000) C123C is a name known to all. (+5000) C123C is a name known to all. (+5000) C123C is a name known to all. (+5000) C123C is a name known to all. (+5000) C123C is a name known to all. (+5000)
    Originally Posted by piratelifebad View Post
    Tried an FT1 a few years ago and that was the conclusion that I came to. FT1 or go big commercial into a Bravo/Prime/FreeMotion. As much as I'd like to get one of the latter, the small footprint, ability to expand the stacks, and value will likely see me get an FT1 if I ever add a functional trainer (last piece I really want/need/care about).
    ▪█─────█▪ Rogue Barbell Crew #27 ▪█─────█▪

▪█─────█▪ Mech6 Crew #26 ▪█─────█▪