Page 1 of 41 1 2 3 11 ... LastLast
    mtpockets has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) mtpockets has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) mtpockets has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) mtpockets has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) mtpockets has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) mtpockets has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) mtpockets has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) mtpockets has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) mtpockets has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) mtpockets has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) mtpockets has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000)

Here is one for the Anti Maskers

Air Force Veteran 1976 - 1999 - Cannabis Enthusiast since the 1960's

Retired at 40 Crew - Social distancing expert - Living the Dream

I use the gender neutral pronouns "Fukker/Fukkers" a lot.

****** I don't always agree with the memes I post ******

I tell it like it is, if you want smoke blown up your ass or something sugar coated. I suggest you get a Hooker and a powdered donut.

Humble Megalomaniac ElrondHubbard's Avatar
    ElrondHubbard has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) ElrondHubbard has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) ElrondHubbard has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) ElrondHubbard has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) ElrondHubbard has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) ElrondHubbard has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) ElrondHubbard has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) ElrondHubbard has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) ElrondHubbard has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) ElrondHubbard has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) ElrondHubbard has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000)
    How we imagine Covid19 travels:

How it more likely travels:

“Those who can make you believe absurdities, can make you commit atrocities.”
    -Voltaire

mtpockets has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) mtpockets has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) mtpockets has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) mtpockets has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) mtpockets has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) mtpockets has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) mtpockets has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) mtpockets has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) mtpockets has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) mtpockets has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) mtpockets has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000)
    Originally Posted by ElrondHubbard View Post
    How we imagine Covid19 travels:

How it more likely travels:

I tend to agree with that

I tell it like it is, if you want smoke blown up your ass or something sugar coated. I suggest you get a Hooker and a powdered donut.

IronCharles has the mod powerz IronCharles has the mod powerz IronCharles has the mod powerz IronCharles has the mod powerz IronCharles has the mod powerz IronCharles has the mod powerz IronCharles has the mod powerz IronCharles has the mod powerz IronCharles has the mod powerz IronCharles has the mod powerz IronCharles has the mod powerz

LWW has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) LWW has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) LWW has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) LWW has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) LWW has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) LWW has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) LWW has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) LWW has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) LWW has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) LWW has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) LWW has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    Anti-masker reporting in and proud!

But this movie was great, why it ain't showing in English, IDK? Still trying to find the actual robbery when DeNiro put a cork in her with mask.....

LWW has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) LWW has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) LWW has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) LWW has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) LWW has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) LWW has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) LWW has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) LWW has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) LWW has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) LWW has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) LWW has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)

KeepItMoving has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) KeepItMoving has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) KeepItMoving has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) KeepItMoving has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) KeepItMoving has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) KeepItMoving has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) KeepItMoving has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) KeepItMoving has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) KeepItMoving has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) KeepItMoving has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) KeepItMoving has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    I understand, to the extent I can given the constantly changing information, the 'science' behind wearing a mask. I know it helps very little. In fact, wearing it probably harms me more than it protects others. Still, I wear one just to put others at ease as part of the social contract civilized people abide by to show a common concern for each other. One benefit is that it tends to make people realize that they should social distance from me, although at 6'4" and 260lbs, most people tend to keep their distance from me anyways. LOL!
    Envy is ignorance. Imitation is suicide.

-----R. W. Emerson

Originally Posted by KeepItMoving View Post
    Still, I wear one just to put others at ease as part of the social contract civilized people abide by to show a common concern for each other.

I just wear one to get in the store. An electrician came over to do work, he wasn't wearing a mask, but he asked me if I wanted him too, I said, hell no, masks are silly and I don't expect you to work your butt off wearing one.

I prefer what how that fella handled it, this whole feel good thing is BS!

ElrondHubbard has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) ElrondHubbard has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) ElrondHubbard has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) ElrondHubbard has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) ElrondHubbard has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) ElrondHubbard has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) ElrondHubbard has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) ElrondHubbard has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) ElrondHubbard has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) ElrondHubbard has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) ElrondHubbard has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000)
    I understand, to the extent I can given the constantly changing information, the 'science' behind wearing a mask. I know it helps very little. In fact, wearing it probably harms me more than it protects others. Still, I wear one just to put others at ease as part of the social contract civilized people abide by to show a common concern for each other. One benefit is that it tends to make people realize that they should social distance from me, although at 6'4" and 260lbs, most people tend to keep their distance from me anyways. LOL!
    Why would it harm you? I've seen no reports on this.
    -Voltaire

Paul Kreul has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Paul Kreul has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Paul Kreul has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Paul Kreul has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Paul Kreul has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Paul Kreul has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Paul Kreul has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Paul Kreul has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Paul Kreul has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Paul Kreul has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Paul Kreul has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000)
    https://www.oatext.com/Evaluation-of...-CFD-study.php

Paul Kreul has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Paul Kreul has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Paul Kreul has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Paul Kreul has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Paul Kreul has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Paul Kreul has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Paul Kreul has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Paul Kreul has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Paul Kreul has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Paul Kreul has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Paul Kreul has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000)
    As for surgical masks, the harm is conclusive as well.

http://scielo.isciii.es/pdf/neuro/v19n2/3.pdf

Crawling back under rock OldFartTom's Avatar
    OldFartTom has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) OldFartTom has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) OldFartTom has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) OldFartTom has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) OldFartTom has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) OldFartTom has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) OldFartTom has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) OldFartTom has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) OldFartTom has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) OldFartTom has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) OldFartTom has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000)
    Originally Posted by Paul Kreul View Post
    As for surgical masks, the harm is conclusive as well.

http://scielo.isciii.es/pdf/neuro/v19n2/3.pdf
    It's not conclusive, following the link.

It's already known (no **** Sherlock) that wearers of surgical grade N95 masks, which are a lot more restrictive than the kind of mask most people are wearing, increase carbon dioxide levels slightly for the wearer.

How harmful that is, is inconclusive. Some people report headaches but typically reported by people who wear a lot of PPE, work in warm conditions for long gruelling shifts (e.g. bust their azz in a hospital for our benefit) and don't get frequent breaks and get dehydrated.

In those tough conditions headache is no surprise. Was it the mask? And will you putting on a mask for 20 minutes to go to the store compare in any way to the people doing those tough shifts at work who these studies are based on - probably not.

The most convincing argument against mask wearing to protect the wearer and others is that most people don't know how to use them. IMHO that's spurious because, like correct hand washing can be taught to the population, mask wearing can be taught, it's not rocket science

Originally Posted by OldFartTom View Post
    It's not conclusive, following the link.

It's already known (no **** Sherlock) that wearers of surgical grade N95 masks, which are a lot more restrictive than the kind of mask most people are wearing, increase carbon dioxide levels slightly for the wearer.

How harmful that is, is inconclusive. Some people report headaches but typically reported by people who wear a lot of PPE, work in warm conditions for long gruelling shifts (e.g. bust their azz in a hospital for our benefit) and don't get frequent breaks and get dehydrated.

In those tough conditions headache is no surprise. Was it the mask? And will you putting on a mask for 20 minutes to go to the store compare in any way to the people doing those tough shifts at work who these studies are based on - probably not.

The most convincing argument against mask wearing to protect the wearer and others is that most people don't know how to use them. IMHO that's spurious because, like correct hand washing can be taught to the population, mask wearing can be taught, it's not rocket science
    Wearing a mask on jobsites is now enforced, jobs that are much harder on the body than being a doctor.

Educate yourself

KeepItMoving has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) KeepItMoving has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) KeepItMoving has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) KeepItMoving has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) KeepItMoving has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) KeepItMoving has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) KeepItMoving has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) KeepItMoving has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) KeepItMoving has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) KeepItMoving has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) KeepItMoving has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    A basic understanding of respiration is all people would need to recognize that restricting the process is not natural and trapping the respirated waste for reinhalation is not good. Yet, you took it a helpful step further and provided a roadmap to some who lack that basic understanding. What do you get for your efforts? Snotty replies.

Well, I'll give you what you deserve. Thank you. Thanks for the info. And, if I may suggest: Don't even bother casting pearls before swine. It's wasted upon them. What's funny is my whole original post said I WEAR A MASK out of an expression of social conscience. Yet, ONE line about what I personally believe about masks, which is irrelevant since I DO WEAR ONE, is pulled out to start a hassle.

Again, thanks for the info that you and I already knew. Maybe some others will appreciate the effort as much as I.

-----R. W. Emerson

It really doesn't matter what you've seen or 'haven't seen' now does it?

-----R. W. Emerson

What's funny is my whole original post said I WEAR A MASK out of an expression of social conscience. Yet, ONE line about what I personally believe about masks, which is irrelevant since I DO WEAR ONE, is pulled out to start a hassle.

I am a Masker as well!

High Fives for your consideration of others

Originally Posted by mtpockets View Post
    I am a Masker as well!

High Fives for your consideration of others
    Thanks, Man. That's the only legitimate takeaway from what I posted. And back atcha for wearing the mask

-----R. W. Emerson

LOL, and why would drinking out of a plastic water bottle harm you?

Wearing a mask on jobsites is now enforced, jobs that are much harder on the body than being a doctor.

Educate yourself
    I would agree that for moderate to heavy exertion a mask is not a good idea. For normal activity, though, the 1-2% temporary drop in oxygen saturation does not take you anywhere near worrisome levels. For those already having issues? Sure, but they should not be engaging in stressful public activities anyway. For the great majority of people, wearing masks for limited time periods to do non-strenuous activities doesn't appear to be a problem, even with the results of those linked studies taken into account.

Masks at the gym? No. Masks doing heavy physical labor? No.

Masks going shopping, hair cutting, office work, visiting? Why not?

Masks worn talking to a lawyer? Definitely!
    -Voltaire

Originally Posted by LWW View Post
    LOL, and why would drinking out of a plastic water bottle harm you?
    Did I say it did?
    -Voltaire

Masks going shopping, hair cutting, office work, visiting? Why not?

Common sense says, those folks working in those areas have to wear one all day everyday, eventually the damage will be equal.

Did I say it did?

Bias media has, and as those same folks portray, plastic is evil.

Crawling back under rock OldFartTom's Avatar
    OldFartTom has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) OldFartTom has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) OldFartTom has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) OldFartTom has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) OldFartTom has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) OldFartTom has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) OldFartTom has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) OldFartTom has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) OldFartTom has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) OldFartTom has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) OldFartTom has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000)
    Originally Posted by elrondhubbard View Post
    *earplugs* worn talking to a lawyer? Definitely!
    fify!

Originally Posted by OldFartTom View Post
    fify!
    Mask, earplugs, heck, put a bag over your head. Just make sure you bring a heavy wallet.

-----R. W. Emerson

Finally accused of juicin Corbi's Avatar
    Corbi has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Corbi has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Corbi has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Corbi has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Corbi has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Corbi has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Corbi has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Corbi has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Corbi has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Corbi has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Corbi has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000)
    Funny how damn near anyone who spends 3 minutes a day on the ole interwebz has seen reports about but you claim not to have seen any?
    "You know that little thing in your head that keeps you from saying things you shouldn't? Yeah, well, I don't have one of those."

Originally Posted by Corbi View Post
    Funny how damn near anyone who spends 3 minutes a day on the ole interwebz has seen reports about but you claim not to have seen any?
    I've seen claims, but nothing that has shown actual harm, including the ones linked in this thread.
    -Voltaire

Bando has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Bando has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Bando has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Bando has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Bando has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Bando has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Bando has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Bando has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Bando has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Bando has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Bando has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000)

Educate yourself
    It's not happening though, mask is under your chin until some prick from corporate or OSHA shows up then it gets pulled up until they leave.

I'm supposed to wear a mask for a haircut tomorrow. I already get anxiety from the apron around my neck as it is and have only worn a bandanna. I'm gonna be straight up with the guy that if I gotta wear a mask for an entire haircut there's a chance I'll just jump up and run out. Gonna take my medical exemption on this one, I'm in my 50's and have never pulled that card but I need a fuking haircut.
    Don't put that on me Ricky Bobby, don't you ever put that on me.

Originally Posted by LWW View Post
    Bias media has, and as those same folks portray, plastic is evil.
    Being harmful to drink out of and being evil are two different things, and relatively independent of one another. Context is everything.

Leave plastic water bottles out in your hot car for hours at a time, and it's probably not a good idea to drink the water out of them. Let them break down in the Sun and have the debris scattered through the soil and washing into the oceans is not a good idea either. Throwing your empties out the window along the sidewalks and roadsides is inarguably evil. Keeping them indoors, refilling and re-using them regularly is just fine.

What this has to do with masks I'm still not clear.
    -Voltaire

Originally Posted by Bando View Post
    It's not happening though, mask is under your chin until some prick from corporate or OSHA shows up then it gets pulled up until they leave.

I'm supposed to wear a mask for a haircut tomorrow. I already get anxiety from the apron around my neck as it is and have only worn a bandanna. I'm gonna be straight up with the guy that if I gotta wear a mask for an entire haircut there's a chance I'll just jump up and run out. Gonna take my medical exemption on this one, I'm in my 50's and have never pulled that card but I need a fuking haircut.
    Of all the tomes that a person wearing a mask has an excuse not to, this is NOT it! You going to stay 6 feet away from the barber?

Maybe you can get your wife to do it, or learn to do it yourself.
    -Voltaire