TheJoseph1987 is on a distinguished road. (+10)

Double Underhanded Deadlifts

Has anyone ever done these or is there a different name for them? I have been finding myself having to use a double underhanded grip lately for jobs and wanted my workout to be more relevant to what lifts I would be doing in life. Such as lifting concrete slabs, taking down racks in warehouses and having to lift them onto pallets, etc.

air2fakie is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) air2fakie is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) air2fakie is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) air2fakie is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) air2fakie is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) air2fakie is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) air2fakie is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) air2fakie is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) air2fakie is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) air2fakie is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) air2fakie is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500)
    If you're DLing any heavy weight I'd call it the "bicep-tear grip".

DLs with traditional grips are still relevant to your daily activities.

Garage Rat has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Garage Rat has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Garage Rat has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Garage Rat has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Garage Rat has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Garage Rat has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Garage Rat has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Garage Rat has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Garage Rat has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Garage Rat has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Garage Rat has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    I agree^^^.
    First do not train biceps before or after doing these.
    While i see where your coming from you might try zercher lifts from pins in a power rack.
    The bar held in the crooks of your arms is bit safer and a very similar movement.
    Also you could combine on a different day, cheat barbell curls that use some back as well as biceps.
    One i really like that addresses what you talk about are kettlebell ball lifts holding a KB cupped in your hands and lift and curl from a low position.
    A very functional type movements.
    A 24 kg/52 pound KB is challenging for reps.

TheJoseph1987 is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    Originally Posted by Garage Rat View Post
    I agree^^^.
    While i see where your coming from you might try zercher lifts from pins in a power rack.
    The bar held in the crooks of your arms is bit safer and a very similar movement.
    Also you could combine on a different day, cheat barbell curls that use some back as well as biceps.
    One i really like that addresses what you talk about are kettlebell ball lifts holding a KB cupped in your hands and lift and curl from a low position.
    A very functional type movements.
    A 24 kg/52 pound KB is challenging for reps.
    I appreciate your input and tips. I will be sure to try them out and to be sure not train biceps afterward. I don't need an injury to my arms. Thanks again!

BeginnerGainz is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) BeginnerGainz is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) BeginnerGainz is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) BeginnerGainz is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) BeginnerGainz is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) BeginnerGainz is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) BeginnerGainz is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) BeginnerGainz is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) BeginnerGainz is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) BeginnerGainz is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) BeginnerGainz is a splendid one to behold. (+10000)
    I’ve thought about it too, but I don’t hold on to stupid thoughts for long

KathleenRyan is just really nice. (+1000) KathleenRyan is just really nice. (+1000) KathleenRyan is just really nice. (+1000) KathleenRyan is just really nice. (+1000) KathleenRyan is just really nice. (+1000) KathleenRyan is just really nice. (+1000) KathleenRyan is just really nice. (+1000) KathleenRyan is just really nice. (+1000) KathleenRyan is just really nice. (+1000) KathleenRyan is just really nice. (+1000) KathleenRyan is just really nice. (+1000)
    Originally Posted by Garage Rat View Post
    Not sure why that should matter. I've been combining back/deadlift days with biceps as an accessory for years.

I agree that underhand grips should be avoided whenever possible. Only reason I can think for training that way is for powerlifting or certain strongman events. From a safety standpoint double overhand is way less likely to result in a bicep tear during a heavy deadlift pull. Just use straps once you get up to a weight where you need the extra help. Use other exercises to work on your grip if you want.
    Last edited by KathleenRyan; 06-03-2020 at 05:22 PM. Reason: typo

WolfRose7 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) WolfRose7 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) WolfRose7 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) WolfRose7 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) WolfRose7 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) WolfRose7 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) WolfRose7 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) WolfRose7 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) WolfRose7 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) WolfRose7 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) WolfRose7 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    a tyre flip might be more appropriate for training that, and stone lifts.
    I would never double under deadlift, In fact I hook grip anything past my grip failing because any hand under feels very wrong
    2018 Log
    https://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=175232661

FMH Crew, Sandbagging Mike Tuscherer Wannabee

bemegc has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    It doesn't sound very ergonomic, and I certainly wouldn't go heavy with such a technique.

Ironface is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Ironface is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Ironface is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Ironface is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Ironface is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Ironface is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Ironface is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Ironface is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Ironface is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Ironface is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Ironface is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500)
    Originally Posted by air2fakie View Post
    If you're DLing any heavy weight I'd call it the "bicep-tear grip".
    Funny - that’s what I call mixed grip. :P

OP, just learn hook grip or if you don’t care about raw lifting, double overhand your warmup sets then use straps. You’re still training grip on the warmups and as long as you’re doing rows, vertical pulls, etc. without straps your grip will still develop.

Heck I use straps for rep work.
    *Deadlifts pants after taking a chit crew*
    *Typos can go fucl themselves crew*
    *Nice miscer crew*
    *Loves reps, hates negs crew*
    *Faps before workout crew*
    *12+ hours of sleep crew*
    *Faps during workout crew*
    *Hates onions crew*
    *Faps after workout crew*
    *No fap crew*

TheShadowMan is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) TheShadowMan is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) TheShadowMan is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) TheShadowMan is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) TheShadowMan is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) TheShadowMan is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) TheShadowMan is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) TheShadowMan is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) TheShadowMan is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) TheShadowMan is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) TheShadowMan is a splendid one to behold. (+10000)
    As much weight as people move with conventional, why would you want to put an already vulnerable muscle in a more vulnerable position? An underhand row or weighted chinups is the closest i'll ever go to supinated deadlifts. Like the shoulder, and the knee, i've always thought it a good idea to take special care with the bicep. Never had one fortunately, but those bicep tears I see from time to time in videos do not look fun at all.
    Back to basics full body routine: https://pastebin.com/5BgKgrMv

Training journal: https://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=178059671&p=1598034261#post1598034261