dannyesh is on a distinguished road. (+10) dannyesh is on a distinguished road. (+10) dannyesh is on a distinguished road. (+10) dannyesh is on a distinguished road. (+10) dannyesh is on a distinguished road. (+10) dannyesh is on a distinguished road. (+10) dannyesh is on a distinguished road. (+10) dannyesh is on a distinguished road. (+10) dannyesh is on a distinguished road. (+10) dannyesh is on a distinguished road. (+10) dannyesh is on a distinguished road. (+10)

Quick question about my fat burning progress

Hey everyone,

So coming back from layoff and gyms opening I started training 2 weeks ago, gained some fat, lost some muscle.
    I counted my macros and I should be eating 2700 cals on maintenance.
    I'm 178 lbs atm.

Total cals 2.036
    Protein 242g
    Fat 48g
    Carbs 141g
    I've been eating 2000 cals + 45 min LISS cardio after workout. Training 5 days a week and in 1 month I'll prob go for 6 days.

Am I using all my cards or is this too much of a deficit?

I've been maintaining weight and I never lost energy or feel tired, I feel full after training and have to force myself to eat and I drink a lot of water throughout the day.

I'm probably around 20% BF right now.

In conclusion, my main concern is if I'm on a big deficit too much for my body to handle or I can just continue and adapt.

Thanks guys, stay safe !

Nicksosure1 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Nicksosure1 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Nicksosure1 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Nicksosure1 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Nicksosure1 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Nicksosure1 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Nicksosure1 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Nicksosure1 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Nicksosure1 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Nicksosure1 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Nicksosure1 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000)
    Your deficit is not too big at the moment if your stats and TDEE is correct, you could go to about 2200 to slow it down and ensure muscle retention. Just make sure you don't experience a huge drop off in strength throughout your cut.

However, you definitely need to up your fat intake. You need to be eating around 75-80g at least at your weight. Take it from protein, which you don't need as much as your eating at the moment or carbs. You'll regret it down the line if you don't.
    Life is constant learning. Give advice about things you know. Ask questions about things you don't.

*Health and Wellness Coach and Coordinator for all United Bank Branches of Alabama

Luclin999 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Luclin999 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Luclin999 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Luclin999 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Luclin999 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Luclin999 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Luclin999 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Luclin999 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Luclin999 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Luclin999 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Luclin999 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000)
    I'd aim for closer to a 650 cal/day deficit in total.

I'd also increase the fat intake to a minimum of 60g per day or else you are likely going to start having some metabolic issues fairly soon.
    ~ Like Tae-Kwon-Leap, my goals are not a path to a door, but a road leading forever towards the horizon.

dannyesh is on a distinguished road. (+10) dannyesh is on a distinguished road. (+10) dannyesh is on a distinguished road. (+10) dannyesh is on a distinguished road. (+10) dannyesh is on a distinguished road. (+10) dannyesh is on a distinguished road. (+10) dannyesh is on a distinguished road. (+10) dannyesh is on a distinguished road. (+10) dannyesh is on a distinguished road. (+10) dannyesh is on a distinguished road. (+10) dannyesh is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    Originally Posted by Luclin999 View Post
    I'd aim for closer to a 650 cal/day deficit in total.

I'd also increase the fat intake to a minimum of 60g per day or else you are likely going to start having some metabolic issues fairly soon.
    I changed my macros, the increased fat made me increase the overall calories.

So now should be at:

2271 cals
    Protein 241g
    Fat 83g
    Carbs 123g

I'm only 2 weeks with this diet shouldn't have damaged anything with the low fat, but starting tomorrow I'll do this intake, I was kinda wondering if my body would respond negatively from the low fat intake

Nicksosure1 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Nicksosure1 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Nicksosure1 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Nicksosure1 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Nicksosure1 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Nicksosure1 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Nicksosure1 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Nicksosure1 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Nicksosure1 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Nicksosure1 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Nicksosure1 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000)
    Originally Posted by dannyesh View Post
    I changed my macros, the increased fat made me increase the overall calories.

So now should be at:

2271 cals
    Protein 241g
    Fat 83g
    Carbs 123g

I'm only 2 weeks with this diet shouldn't have damaged anything with the low fat, but starting tomorrow I'll do this intake, I was kinda wondering if my body would respond negatively from the low fat intake
    Well, everybody's body will respond poorly to lower than the minimum fat intake over a period of time. It's nothing to mess around with. Just ensure you're getting .4g/lb each at the least. Also, you may actually find that you are able to be satiated for longer periods of time and not feeling the need to eat as much with increased fats. But, your protein is so high that I doubt you'll have many hunger issues relative to someone following the 1g/lb guideline for protein.
    Life is constant learning. Give advice about things you know. Ask questions about things you don't.

*Health and Wellness Coach and Coordinator for all United Bank Branches of Alabama

Originally Posted by Nicksosure1 View Post
    Well, everybody's body will respond poorly to lower than the minimum fat intake over a period of time. It's nothing to mess around with. Just ensure you're getting .4g/lb each at the least. Also, you may actually find that you are able to be satiated for longer periods of time and not feeling the need to eat as much with increased fats. But, your protein is so high that I doubt you'll have many hunger issues relative to someone following the 1g/lb guideline for protein.
    It's true I don't feel hungry throughout the day not at all + all the water I drink.

Is there anything harmful for my health/muscles/growth/cut if I over do the protein intake? I'm getting way more than 1g per lb.
    IMO the only harmful thing I'm getting is a whole on my wallet ahah

HotDogManB is just really nice. (+1000) HotDogManB is just really nice. (+1000) HotDogManB is just really nice. (+1000) HotDogManB is just really nice. (+1000) HotDogManB is just really nice. (+1000) HotDogManB is just really nice. (+1000) HotDogManB is just really nice. (+1000) HotDogManB is just really nice. (+1000) HotDogManB is just really nice. (+1000) HotDogManB is just really nice. (+1000) HotDogManB is just really nice. (+1000)
    It's true I don't feel hungry throughout the day not at all + all the water I drink.

Is there anything harmful for my health/muscles/growth/cut if I over do the protein intake? I'm getting way more than 1g per lb.
    There's rarely a need for a cap on your protein intake. As long as you're getting enough fat, eat as much protein as you would like.
    Read the stickies, know the stickies, understand the stickies, and live by the stickies.

Originally Posted by HotDogManB View Post
    There's rarely a need for a cap on your protein intake. As long as you're getting enough fat, eat as much protein as you would like.
    Okay thank you, just change my macros and starting tomorrow my fat intake will be at 83g
    Thanks ! I know you guys answer these really common questions everyday even though I should know better after 4 years of training

Nah. As long as your digestion, energy levels, etc is fine. You COULD benefit with more carbs vs protein as far as performance goes. But then you may be a little bit hungrier.

Luclin999 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Luclin999 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Luclin999 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Luclin999 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Luclin999 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Luclin999 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Luclin999 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Luclin999 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Luclin999 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Luclin999 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Luclin999 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000)

You wouldn't really "damage" anything on just 48g of fat per day however if you remained at that level for a bit longer you would probably have noticed feeling a bit "off", more sluggish than you probably should be, lower libido, dryer skin, possibly drier hair or even a little bit of temporary hair loss, Etc.
    ~ Like Tae-Kwon-Leap, my goals are not a path to a door, but a road leading forever towards the horizon.

My pronouns are bro/brah Tommy W.'s Avatar
    Tommy W. has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Tommy W. has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Tommy W. has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Tommy W. has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Tommy W. has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Tommy W. has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Tommy W. has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Tommy W. has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Tommy W. has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Tommy W. has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Tommy W. has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000)
    Hey everyone,

So coming back from layoff and gyms opening I started training 2 weeks ago, gained some fat, lost some muscle.
    I counted my macros and I should be eating 2700 cals on maintenance.
    Should, as in per a calculator or based on your counting and tracking history?
    If you don't get what you want you didn't want it bad enough

Pro Choice
    Non Christian
    MAGA
    2A Advocate
    FJB