ivanovichjones is on a distinguished road. (+10)

fat stomach's...big ballish stomach vs muffin top stomach ..why the difference?

its interesting i noticed with guys that are
    over weight,

you have the normal fat dude who puts weight on mainly
    on the stomach area and his belly sticks out like a ball...

this is common

but there is another type

fat dude gains weight kind off more all over the body
    and he has a lot of stomach fat but his fat belly
    looks more flat but is a thick layer of fat that hangs low
    in a muffin top of way?

why the difference?
    which is harder to get rid of ?
    and how differently do you deal with them?

SuffolkPunch has the mod powerz SuffolkPunch has the mod powerz SuffolkPunch has the mod powerz SuffolkPunch has the mod powerz SuffolkPunch has the mod powerz SuffolkPunch has the mod powerz SuffolkPunch has the mod powerz SuffolkPunch has the mod powerz SuffolkPunch has the mod powerz SuffolkPunch has the mod powerz SuffolkPunch has the mod powerz
    Genetics.

How hard it is to get rid of depends on total fat mass, strength of appetite, psychological factors like stubbornness, persistence vs. impulsiveness or self destructive or self defeating behaviours. And also possible metabolic problems like insulin resistance.

There is no difference with how you deal with them. Fat loss always happens because you burn more calories than you consume. That's it.

Registered User nikeoneplatinum's Avatar
    nikeoneplatinum has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) nikeoneplatinum has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) nikeoneplatinum has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) nikeoneplatinum has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) nikeoneplatinum has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) nikeoneplatinum has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) nikeoneplatinum has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) nikeoneplatinum has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) nikeoneplatinum has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) nikeoneplatinum has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) nikeoneplatinum has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    Genetics are a bish, when I gain weight, I get love handles, tits, looks terrible, but on the flip side I'm extremely fit. I think the jiggle fatties are more fit than the Kanevsky fatties. I can run long distances and stuff, but I'd probably prefer the latter aesthetically.
    Bodybuilding is a lifetime journey, anytime spent not bulking or cutting is a waste of time.

Originally Posted by nikeoneplatinum View Post
    Genetics are a bish, when I gain weight, I get love handles, tits, looks terrible, but on the flip side I'm extremely fit. I think the jiggle fatties are more fit than the Kanevsky fatties. I can run long distances and stuff, but I'd probably prefer the latter aesthetically.
    yeah i know how you feel
    with me though
    i gain and lose weight quite quickly
    which is a little odd too lol

SuffolkPunch has the mod powerz SuffolkPunch has the mod powerz SuffolkPunch has the mod powerz SuffolkPunch has the mod powerz SuffolkPunch has the mod powerz SuffolkPunch has the mod powerz SuffolkPunch has the mod powerz SuffolkPunch has the mod powerz SuffolkPunch has the mod powerz SuffolkPunch has the mod powerz SuffolkPunch has the mod powerz
    Originally Posted by ivanovichjones View Post
    i gain and lose weight quite quickly
    That could be water weight. Actual fat doesn't come or go quickly. It can always be explained by a surplus or deficit of calories - 3500 for every lb of bodyfat.

Cautious1 is just really nice. (+1000) Cautious1 is just really nice. (+1000) Cautious1 is just really nice. (+1000) Cautious1 is just really nice. (+1000) Cautious1 is just really nice. (+1000) Cautious1 is just really nice. (+1000) Cautious1 is just really nice. (+1000) Cautious1 is just really nice. (+1000) Cautious1 is just really nice. (+1000) Cautious1 is just really nice. (+1000) Cautious1 is just really nice. (+1000)
    Originally Posted by SuffolkPunch View Post
    That could be water weight. Actual fat doesn't come or go quickly. It can always be explained by a surplus or deficit of calories - 3500 for every lb of bodyfat.
    can water weight affect how your fat looks and feels? I was bulking and my lower chest was pointy and felt more squishy but few days in a cut, it became less pointy and more firm

No but it can affect skin hydration. The point is not to worry about these things but concern yourself with things that matter - gaining muscle and/or losing fat.

Luclin999 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Luclin999 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Luclin999 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Luclin999 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Luclin999 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Luclin999 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Luclin999 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Luclin999 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Luclin999 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Luclin999 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Luclin999 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000)
    It's all genetics.

Some people have great "fat storing" genetics in that their fat is fairly evenly distributed across their entire body. These are the guys that still look thick but muscular at 20% BF with a somewhat tapered midsection.

Other people (like me) tend to store a disproportionate amount of fat on the lower back and stomach leading to the spare tire/muffin top look at almost any BF level over 12%.

Even worse, if you have been fat enough to be in the obese range, the fat tends to stretch out the skin so that even after most of the fat has gone, you still end up with a muffin top effect as the stretched out skin tends to droop down and sag as the fat cells become depleted and the skin essentially loses internal stability.
    ~ Like Tae-Kwon-Leap, my goals are not a path to a door, but a road leading forever towards the horizon.

CBRIT89 is a name known to all. (+5000) CBRIT89 is a name known to all. (+5000) CBRIT89 is a name known to all. (+5000) CBRIT89 is a name known to all. (+5000) CBRIT89 is a name known to all. (+5000) CBRIT89 is a name known to all. (+5000) CBRIT89 is a name known to all. (+5000) CBRIT89 is a name known to all. (+5000) CBRIT89 is a name known to all. (+5000) CBRIT89 is a name known to all. (+5000) CBRIT89 is a name known to all. (+5000)
    Originally Posted by Luclin999 View Post
    Even worse, if you have been fat enough to be in the obese range, the fat tends to stretch out the skin so that even after most of the fat has gone, you still end up with a muffin top effect as the stretched out skin tends to droop down and sag as the fat cells become depleted and the skin essentially loses internal stability.
    I think I have this issue. I assume that developing my abs and making them bigger will solve some of the droop as it'll be tighter?
    A.L.L. Leukemia 2009 - 2012
    Brain haemorrhage 2009
    Hip replacements 2010 & 2011
    Eating Disorder 2016 - 2022
    Collapsed Talus 2020 - (Surgery August '22)

Luclin999 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Luclin999 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Luclin999 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Luclin999 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Luclin999 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Luclin999 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Luclin999 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Luclin999 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Luclin999 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Luclin999 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Luclin999 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000)
    Originally Posted by CBRIT89 View Post
    I think I have this issue. I assume that developing my abs and making them bigger will solve some of the droop as it'll be tighter?
    A bit...maybe.

It depends upon just how loose the skin is.

I mean if you are looking to get the classic "V" taper then having to bulk up your abs and obliques by a couple of inches total around the midsection to compensate for the loose skin in that area will likely take a bit away from that effect.

On the other hand, looking a bit "thick" but muscular may well be a better aesthetic option over having a narrow waist with sagging skin.

And if you are going more for the "powerlifer" physique, well then the more bulked up mid-section goes right along with that goal.
    ~ Like Tae-Kwon-Leap, my goals are not a path to a door, but a road leading forever towards the horizon.

Originally Posted by SuffolkPunch View Post
    not sure but i do train hard its mainly how i eat at the time.

i have added or lost 20-30 pounds in a 2-3 mouths

Originally Posted by ivanovichjones View Post
    not sure but i do train hard its mainly how i eat at the time.

i have added or lost 20-30 pounds in a 2-3 mouths
    Sounds like you need to get a grip on your calorie intake. The idea that you have to starve to lose fat or stuff yourself silly to gain muscle are both unnecessary. Lose fat at no more than 1% per week. Weight gain during a muscle gaining phase should be much slower - no more than 1kg a month even for skinny people.