gezelligee is on a distinguished road. (+10)

Angry 26M - 177cm - 66kg - 3000kcal - Cannot Gain Since A Month

According to tape measurement method, I have 17-18% BF. Yet, I have most of it around my belly, nowhere else.

I was around 82kg 3 years ago, I dropped to 65kg in the same year. Unfortunately, I did too much cardio and did not increase my intake later on, so I ended up with being skinny fat. Since then, I couldn't spare time for bulking-weight lifting. Last year, I tried bodyweight workout to gain weight for 3 months but did not work.

I have started to workout with dumbbells at home(Fierce 5) a month ago. Before, I did 1 month bodyweight workout to warm up my body(tbh, it took a month to get dumbbells). Normally I should eat around 2600kcal for clean bulk ,based on my experience(my aim is +1kg per month, ~72 in the end). However, since I lost weight, my metabolism is quite fast. So even on my passive life, I maintain my weight with 2500kcal. Plus, I do cycling as a hobby and sometimes I do medium pace running around 30mins.

With all these, I decided to go for 2950kcal. However, my weight did not increase. Zero.

I'm increasing dumbbell weights every workout. I can say I see more difference on my body in a month compared to days that I was cutting at the gym or doing bodyweight workout at home.

What should I do to gain weight? Do less biking-running(cardio) or eat more(it's already too much for a small guy)? Which is more healthier? I know it is just a month, but based on my past experience, I will not gain anything if I continue like that. I had blood test last year, I am healthy.
    Last edited by gezelligee; 06-03-2020 at 06:56 AM.

Mrpb has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Mrpb has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Mrpb has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Mrpb has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Mrpb has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Mrpb has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Mrpb has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Mrpb has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Mrpb has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Mrpb has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Mrpb has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000)
    Eat more.
    Recommended science based fitness & nutrition information:
    Alan Aragon https://alanaragon.com/
    Brad Schoenfeld http://www.lookgreatnaked.com/
    James Krieger https://weightology.net/
    Jorn Trommelen http://www.nutritiontactics.com/
    Eric Helms & Team3DMJ https://3dmusclejourney.com/

faithbrah has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) faithbrah has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) faithbrah has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) faithbrah has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) faithbrah has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) faithbrah has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) faithbrah has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) faithbrah has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) faithbrah has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) faithbrah has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) faithbrah has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    ^ exactly what he said. if you're not gaining weight (AFTER ONE MONTH!!!), eat more

SuffolkPunch has the mod powerz SuffolkPunch has the mod powerz SuffolkPunch has the mod powerz SuffolkPunch has the mod powerz SuffolkPunch has the mod powerz SuffolkPunch has the mod powerz SuffolkPunch has the mod powerz SuffolkPunch has the mod powerz SuffolkPunch has the mod powerz SuffolkPunch has the mod powerz SuffolkPunch has the mod powerz
    Originally Posted by gezelligee View Post
    eat more(it's already too much for a small guy)
    Apparently it's not too much. Overcoming your appetite is always a challenge - both skinny and fat guys experience the same (but opposite) problem.

You could do less cardio too. If you are getting regular exercise then there is no reason to worry about it being less healthy.

gezelligee is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    Then I will increase my intake 150kcal more. Because my main commute method is biking and during the pandemic it is depressing to stay at home, so I should bike and do walkings.