MichaelCo1 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)

Workout Plan Help

Hi,

I am 28, 5 ft 11 and around 140lbs. I am very thin and i want to do something about it. I want to bulk up but i am a complete beginner and not sure what to do. I purchased a multipurpose gym, bench, dumbbells, bar and all the weights. However, i don't have any guidance or routine to follow. I want bulk as fast as possible and have every bit of motivation to get there but i just lack a routine i follow. I know that diet is extremely important and i will seek advice there as i know this section of the forum is for workout plans only.

If anybody can guide me to resources that will help me or have any bulking workouts for skinny guys that would be much appreciated. Like i said, i am a beginner and not sure where to start.

Many thanks.

rsid97 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) rsid97 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) rsid97 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) rsid97 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) rsid97 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) rsid97 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) rsid97 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) rsid97 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) rsid97 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) rsid97 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) rsid97 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000)
    Fierce 5 novice, Stronglifts 5x5, Starting strength, Vikings < - Take your pick, I'd personally recommend Fierce 5

As for diet and weight gain, don't try to gain too fast unless you want to intentionally gain more fat than necessary.

Look up a TDEE calculator online, find out your maintenance calories, start eating about 100 calories above maintenance while getting at least 1g of protein per lb of bodyweight. Track your bodyweight for a couple of weeks and average that out. If you're gaining about 0.5-1lb per week, then keep at it. If you're not gaining weight, add another 100 calories, if you're gaining more than 1lb a week then cut back on the surplus a little.
    Redcon1 Tier Operator - T20RSid

Some lifting stuff (IG) - @rsid_97

My Growth Stimulus Training journal - https://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=175699161

paulinkansas is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) paulinkansas is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) paulinkansas is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) paulinkansas is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) paulinkansas is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) paulinkansas is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) paulinkansas is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) paulinkansas is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) paulinkansas is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) paulinkansas is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) paulinkansas is a splendid one to behold. (+10000)
    There is your answer ^^^. All three paragraphs. Exercise, nutrition, rest. You need all three.

Take a pic of yourself in a mirror. Repeat every 3 months and compare. Also write down you lifts on a calendar. The Fierce 5 uses progression. You need to know what you did the previous week to know how much to progress.

If your weights are too light for the program, just increase the reps in the progression scheme. It's sort of what I had to do. The program calls for doing 8 reps and moving up to 9 10 11 and 12. I start with 12 and work my way up to 20 reps in about 2 months. Then I go back to 12 and increase the weight.

hocaokhanh is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    Originally Posted by rsid97 View Post
    Fierce 5 novice, Stronglifts 5x5, Starting strength, Vikings < - Take your pick, I'd personally recommend Fierce 5

As for diet and weight gain, don't try to gain too fast unless you want to intentionally gain more fat than necessary.

Look up a TDEE calculator online, find out your maintenance calories, start eating about 100 calories above maintenance while getting at least 1g of protein per lb of bodyweight. Track your bodyweight for a couple of weeks and average that out. If you're gaining about 0.5-1lb per week, then keep at it. If you're not gaining weight, add another 100 calories, if you're gaining more than 1lb a week then cut back on the surplus a little.
    This is the most appropriate and understandable advice for you now

MichaelCo1 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    Originally Posted by rsid97 View Post

Thank you