Thread: Weak Pull

gzumafia is a complete loser! (-2000) gzumafia is a complete loser! (-2000) gzumafia is a complete loser! (-2000) gzumafia is a complete loser! (-2000) gzumafia is a complete loser! (-2000) gzumafia is a complete loser! (-2000) gzumafia is a complete loser! (-2000) gzumafia is a complete loser! (-2000) gzumafia is a complete loser! (-2000) gzumafia is a complete loser! (-2000) gzumafia is a complete loser! (-2000)

Weak Pull

I’m 16 years old and weigh 69kg and I’ve been training for 2 years.

Recently I switched from sumo deadlifts to conventional because I’ve been stuck on sumo particularly i struggle at the middle of the lift around knee to mid shin level.

My max in sumo is 170kg and once I switched to conventional i could barely do 140 for 3 reps and when i tried doing it of blocks i couldnt even do 1.

Should i start deadlifting conventional of blocks cause i think this will strengthen my weakpoints.

What can i do help : (

ADunn0MOTW is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) ADunn0MOTW is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) ADunn0MOTW is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) ADunn0MOTW is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) ADunn0MOTW is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) ADunn0MOTW is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) ADunn0MOTW is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) ADunn0MOTW is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) ADunn0MOTW is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) ADunn0MOTW is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) ADunn0MOTW is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500)
    Perhaps you are just weaker in sumo than conventional - muscular imbalances or limb lengths or something. I am like you because, in the past, I deadlifted only sumo because I was a lot stronger this way but about 2 months ago I started deadlifting conventional and I found that I am about as strong or even stronger with conventional (240kg sumo deadlift v easy versus a 270kgx3 rack pull a few inches below my knee on conventional). When I was younger I think I was stronger with sumo because I had (proportionally) weaker quads and erectors and things like that. If you want to convert from sumo to conventional my advice would be:

squat (probably lowbar) - I find it is going to help your hips stay low because in sumo your hips do not rise because you maintain your position from bringing your hips close to the bar in your starting position (idk if that makes sense but hopefully you know what i mean) but in conventional your hips stay low if you have strong enough legs, glutes to get good leg drive and things like that

some sort of row or some **** - at least for me in conventional deadlift my upper back rounds a lot more than with sumo and I think its good to have some sort of thing where you have heavy weight and pull your upper back out of flexion a bit.

This will help your body be better accustomed (i think) to pulling conventional and you are going to be stronger.
    poverty bench