omoruwii is on a distinguished road. (+10) omoruwii is on a distinguished road. (+10) omoruwii is on a distinguished road. (+10) omoruwii is on a distinguished road. (+10) omoruwii is on a distinguished road. (+10) omoruwii is on a distinguished road. (+10) omoruwii is on a distinguished road. (+10) omoruwii is on a distinguished road. (+10) omoruwii is on a distinguished road. (+10) omoruwii is on a distinguished road. (+10) omoruwii is on a distinguished road. (+10)

Get shredded on a high carb diet?

alright before everybody starts pointing at me, i know it all comes down to calories in vs calories out but can you get shredded on a high carb diet? Usually everybody starts lowering the carbs as soon as the calories get low but Im just wondering. Whats your thoughts on it? Have you personally ever got shredded following a high carb approach?
    Last edited by omoruwii; 06-02-2020 at 10:38 AM.
    I enjoy erxercising mind, body and spirit.

rhadam has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) rhadam has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) rhadam has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) rhadam has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) rhadam has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) rhadam has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) rhadam has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) rhadam has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) rhadam has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) rhadam has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) rhadam has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000)
    You know it all comes down to calories in vs calories out. I think you just answered your own question.
    Currently: traveling

Last country visited: Costa Rica - 2020
    Next country booked: Netherlands + Croatia - 2020

SuffolkPunch has the mod powerz SuffolkPunch has the mod powerz SuffolkPunch has the mod powerz SuffolkPunch has the mod powerz SuffolkPunch has the mod powerz SuffolkPunch has the mod powerz SuffolkPunch has the mod powerz SuffolkPunch has the mod powerz SuffolkPunch has the mod powerz SuffolkPunch has the mod powerz SuffolkPunch has the mod powerz
    Some people may choose to lower carbs when they lower calories because otherwise they would dip below their minimums for fat and protein. Or maybe not so much for protein - but people like to keep protein high in a cut. So it comes from carbs.

It's not because there is some special reason that carbs prevent fat loss. If you read something that says "because insulin" then feel free to ignore, they simply don't understand what insulin does.

Garage Rat has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Garage Rat has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Garage Rat has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Garage Rat has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Garage Rat has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Garage Rat has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Garage Rat has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Garage Rat has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Garage Rat has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Garage Rat has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Garage Rat has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    Yes you can.
    Long story short in 1988 my bodybuilding coach/mentor recommended high carb diet counting calories.
    I was very skeptical dropping protein way down but tried it anyway.
    I did 2000 calories carbs and 1000 calories protein and what ever fat was in those marcos was counted as either protein or carbs since they were minimal and not a major source.
    We did a calories manipulation where only the carbs were changed a few hundred calories each day in a rotation,protein always stayed the same.
    It worked very well i won my weight class in two shows and was the best conditioned/cut as a heavyweight.
    I will mention i was doing cardio also increasing the time the closer the show got.
    So it can work you need to experiment if you want to try it and give it a fair chance of a few months at least.

AdamWW has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) AdamWW has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) AdamWW has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) AdamWW has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) AdamWW has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) AdamWW has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) AdamWW has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) AdamWW has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) AdamWW has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) AdamWW has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) AdamWW has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000)
    Well I eat 350-450 grams of carbs a day and stay lean so... yeah... calories in / out dude.
    The power of carbs compels me!

omoruwii is on a distinguished road. (+10) omoruwii is on a distinguished road. (+10) omoruwii is on a distinguished road. (+10) omoruwii is on a distinguished road. (+10) omoruwii is on a distinguished road. (+10) omoruwii is on a distinguished road. (+10) omoruwii is on a distinguished road. (+10) omoruwii is on a distinguished road. (+10) omoruwii is on a distinguished road. (+10) omoruwii is on a distinguished road. (+10) omoruwii is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    Originally Posted by Garage Rat View Post
    Yes you can.
    Long story short in 1988 my bodybuilding coach/mentor recommended high carb diet counting calories.
    I was very skeptical dropping protein way down but tried it anyway.
    I did 2000 calories carbs and 1000 calories protein and what ever fat was in those marcos was counted as either protein or carbs since they were minimal and not a major source.
    We did a calories manipulation where only the carbs were changed a few hundred calories each day in a rotation,protein always stayed the same.
    It worked very well i won my weight class in two shows and was the best conditioned/cut as a heavyweight.
    I will mention i was doing cardio also increasing the time the closer the show got.
    So it can work you need to experiment if you want to try it and give it a fair chance of a few months at least.
    500g of carbs? Lord! I only have that kind of amount on my refeed days.
    I enjoy erxercising mind, body and spirit.

snailsrus has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) snailsrus has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) snailsrus has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) snailsrus has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) snailsrus has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) snailsrus has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) snailsrus has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) snailsrus has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) snailsrus has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) snailsrus has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) snailsrus has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    Originally Posted by AdamWW View Post
    Well I eat 350-450 grams of carbs a day and stay lean so... yeah... calories in / out dude.
    this carb are my friend even more so in the form of ice cream and French toast
    Insta is username snails.r.us

Location: Haverfordwest, Wales, United Kingdom (Great Britain)
    Paulie1986 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Paulie1986 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Paulie1986 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Paulie1986 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Paulie1986 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Paulie1986 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Paulie1986 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Paulie1986 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Paulie1986 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Paulie1986 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Paulie1986 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500)
    Originally Posted by AdamWW View Post
    This should be a sticky lol.
    I have a good joke about water retention. But I'm going to hold onto it for now.

Train hard play harder Tommy W.'s Avatar
    Tommy W. has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) Tommy W. has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) Tommy W. has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) Tommy W. has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) Tommy W. has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) Tommy W. has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) Tommy W. has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) Tommy W. has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) Tommy W. has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) Tommy W. has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) Tommy W. has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000)
    If you get your protein and min fat in then whatever you do with carbs is up to you as long as you hit your weekly calorie target. Don't make this complicated with grams etc
    If you don't get what you want you didn't want it bad enough